Orbit Homes

Loving our home!

For our first home, we are so loving it! We ordered and they delivered. Keeps us updated on all stages of building. Some minor post construction issues but Mick of Orbit attend to it ASAP.

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Ale, We are so glad to hear you're loving your first home! Everything we do is in the hope that our clients can sit back and enjoy the process of building a new home. Thank you for your review. We really appreciate it! Regards, Monique | The Orbit Homes Family

First class service.

Our experience with Orbit homes was professional, prompt and courteous. Questions were answered quickly and the process flowed very well. Staff have been empathetic and considerate of our needs and addressed any concerns. The "Colours" appointment was very helpful in our selections.

Site Admin
Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Tony, Thank you for your kind worded review. We really appreciate your comments in regards to how happy you are with the communication you have been receiving. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family

Thanks Orbit for your quality

I’ve almost finished my journey with Orbit Homes and am getting really excited for settlement!

It’s my first time going through the building experience and the choice for Orbit came from a great recommendation from the land developer, Lend Lease in the West. Orbit actually has one of the best reputations for building quality homes when I asked around. I met my Site Project manager and he has been working for Orbit for over 10 years, it made me realise my home was in very good hands and took a lot of stress out of the building. I knew that he and his team’s workmanship would be first-class.
Instead of choosing a really big named builder I chose to build with a smaller builder – as I was assured the quality would be superior. I learned Orbit is a family run business, which made my decision even easier. I was glad to know I wouldn’t be speaking with 10 different people whilst my home was getting built, I have built a great relationship with my sales person Valentina, and I can’t wait to meet my customer service officer Carnita. I wanted to remember & enjoy this exciting yet also stressful experience.

I was not sure on what interiors and exteriors to choose, and thought this would be quite daunting, however the interior decorator really helped by sending me a great guide to prepare for my appointment –I didn’t feel overwhelmed and could enjoy choosing all the colours for my home!
I can’t wait to pick up the keys and move into my new home! I would recommend Orbit to anyone thinking of building. I always agree with the saying its quality over quantity.

Site Admin
Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Mon-Sarah, Congratulations on owning your own home! We are so delighted to read your 5 star review! Thank you very much for taking a moment to review your Orbit Homes experience and highlighting your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes. We wish you all the best in your first home! Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family.

If we could put 0 stars we would.

We would never touch Orbit Homes QLD ever again. Worst possible experience we have ever had with a builder and that was just the experience before we made it to contract!
Poor form from every hand that touched the job, poor management and the representative in the colour selections was rude and poorly organised, nothing at colour selections was up to date.
The estimate which was a hook and switch price leaving us in shock once we got the the final price .... which took 3 months of us chasing them, which still came back to us with 50% incorrect items.
Will be telling anyone that will listen to not build through this company.

Hi Taan, We are sorry to read that you are disappointed with your experience & you have chosen to no longer build with Orbit. As you are aware, our New Home professional has been in contact with you and we have arranged your cancellation. Whilst it is disappointing to be rated only 1 star we are always looking at ways we can improve and your comments will assist in this process. Kind regards, Orbit ManagementThank you nameless Orbit Management ... perhaps based on the facts : 1. Orbit allowed the time to blow out ridiculously almost 3 months and no contract. 2.Orbit failed to offer an accurate price that lined up with the signing estimate 3. Orbit refused to engage in miningful conversation to resolve the errors you made. These fact show a complete failure by Orbit to meet a fair and responible reaponse to our commitment and our fully paid deposit . Orbit should move to refund the full deposit and offer an apology. Anything less just shows the methods Orbit employ to suck people into paying a deposit .... knowing full well they won’t proceed at the estimated price . Even the State Manger Simon failed to return calls and engage in any negotiations or review their obvious errors. We look forward to hearing from you Orbit Homes.After speaking on the phone with Orbit Homes QLD manager, we have received a refund of a majority of our initial deposit. It is unfortunate how our experience turned out, but we appreciate Orbit homes refunding some of our deposit. Thank you.

Simply stunning

After owner-building our last two properties, this time we decided to build our rental property through Orbit Homes. It was a pleasure dealing with Elise, a friendly, very knowledgeable young lady and an extremely competent Sales Consultant. Elise worked tirelessly to ensure that all promotional goodies that Orbit had to offer were within our strict budget and now voila, our new home looks simply stunning with all its quality finishes. We were surprised that the “Standard” inclusions provided by Orbit are regarded as “Extras” with most other builders.

We also give a special mention and thanks to our Customer Service Officer, Carnita who went beyond her duties to carefully monitor the building project right through to completion.

We were reluctant initially to trust another builder, but due to everyone’s exceptional efforts and making this a most satisfying experience, we are now ready to do it all again. This time we have no hesitation and are confident that Orbit Homes will build us another fine quality home.

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi Michael, We really appreciate your comments in regards to how happy you are with the quality & timely build of your home. Thank you for taking a moment to highlight your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes we will pass your feedback onto them. We wish you and your family many wonderful years in your brand new home, it would be our pleasure working with you again. Thank you for your kind worded review. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family

Simply Perfect

I am taking the time to write this review about Orbit homes as a first time home owner, mainly for other first time home buyers looking around at builders and trying to decide if they should choose Orbit.... the answer is YES! Customer service was very good.... i was always kept informed and up to date via phone & email with everything by my customer service contact Miss Carnita, who is in Melbourne. My build site supervisor Mathew was easy to talk to,he took time to explain whatever i asked him, and i was impressed how much the bloke was thorough with the build quality of my house. The whole build process went smooth, i even got a nice house warming surprise prezy from them when i picked up my keys from them at there logan office.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Shem, We are so delighted to read your 5 star review! Thank you very much for taking a moment to review your Orbit Homes experience and highlighting your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes. We wish you and your family many wonderful years in your brand new home, it would be our pleasure working with you again. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family.

Awesome to deal with

Mathew and Marie were absolutely wonderful, Marie kept us informed all the way through, and nothing was ever a problem. Mathew was soo easy to deal with and very accommodating with times to meet. The build was completed 2 months in advance which was incredible. On the final inspection there was only a few little things needing fixing which was done extremely quickly, the overall presentation of the home was exceptional. Added bonus it came in nearly $3000 under budget.

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi Casie, Thank you for your kind worded review. We really appreciate your comments in regards to how happy you are with the quality & timely build of your home. Thank you for taking a moment to highlight your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes we will pass your feedback onto them. We wish you and your family many wonderful years in your brand new home, it would be our pleasure working with you again. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family.

Good builder with great products and services

It has been a great pleasure building with Orbit Homes. Matthew and Marie have been very helpful and understanding through out our journey. I and my husband are very happy with the house. The team have been very informative with every stage of the construction.

Our house was supposed to be done by December 1st week, but got the key on 4th of October. The quality was good . There were some issue with the lights and door colour but they fixed it as soon as possible. final inspection was good. over all good builder

Construction End DateOct 2018
Hi Tiya, Thank you for this fantastic review. We really appreciate your comments in regards to how happy you are with the quality & timely build of your home. Thank you for taking a moment to highlight your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes, we will pass your feedback onto them. Reading that our team was helpful and understanding is exactly how we want all our clients to feel. We wish you and your family many wonderful years in your brand new home, it would be our pleasure working with you again. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family

Amazing building experience ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

As first time builders, we were naive regarding the building process. Orbit homes and our customer service officer Carnita, however made the entire experience easier. Carnita was amazing and thoroughly explained each stage and provided responses to our queries in a timely manner. Our building supervisor Malcolm was also extremely knowledgeable and approachable. We can’t thank Orbit homes enough and look forward to many wonderful years ahead in our new home.

Construction End DateSep 2018
Hi Karen, We are so delighted to read your 5 star review! Thank you for taking a moment to highlight your sincere appreciation for the staff you dealt with at Orbit Homes, we will pass your feedback onto them. Reading that our team made the entire experience easier is exactly how we want all our clients to fee, especially First time builders. We wish you and your family many wonderful years in your brand new home, it would be our pleasure working with you again. Kind regards, The Orbit Homes Family

Excellent job, well done.

The building process was managed very well. There was regular communications from Orbit homes. There was a single contact person who communicated regularly and updated the building progress, any questions answered promptly. The customer service officer was excellent. The completed building was handed over within the estimated time. Workmanship and build quality appears to be veru good, I do not find any fault. There was no additional cost outside the contract amount.

Oh Happy Days!

We were really impressed with both the Orbit team and our finished product. As first home owners, the Orbit team were great at helping us through the process. The site manager was down to earth and really had our best interests in mind. We shopped around a bit and visited multiple display homes and I can honestly say that Orbit provided the best value for money. Thanks Orbit.

Construction End DateAug 2018

Disappointed

Really disappointed with the finish. Suppose to get the keys on Tuesday and went past to have a look and honestly don’t want to move in - I was so impressed with the finish of the display homes and service but utterly disappointed with my own build.

unfinished painting
Pipes exposed
Crossover not repaired
Fly screens don’t fit correctly
And the list just goes on..

Stress free Building Experience

Our Build was managed with professionalism and great communication from the get go. We are extremely pleased with the workmanship and quality of our home and the cost was very competitive. We did not experience any issues along the way maybe one or two minor details that were handled promptly and rectified immediately. We have no hesitation in recommending Orbit Homes and we will most certainly be using them in the future.

Construction End DateAug 2018

Quality builder & honest communication!

This will be the 2nd home my sister and I have built with Orbit Homes. Without a doubt one of the best quality builders going around. Having been through this experience before we understand its not always smooth sailing and we did face some issues during the process but Orbit handled this with absolute honest communication. We are also very comfortable knowing that we are given upfront information and cost from the very start .. not the cheapest builder but you get what you pay for. Would highly recommend anyone looking to build their dream home to have a chat with Orbit Homes :)

Construction End DateDec 2018

Exceptional Communication process by Sales Team

I opted to purchase a display home in Wollert and engaged with Lucas. I am a fussy buyer and had a lot of questions (probably in excess of 20 emails before I even took a look at the contract of sale!). Once we got to the contract of sale I had an independent builder (who was a friend of mine) come in to check the property and his comments were that the place was built very well and the price of the home was competitive to the actual cost of the build. I had some issues with the actual conditions in the contract (more a Display village clause than anything to do with Orbit Homes). The head of their sales and a director (Paul) stepped in to talk to LendLease directly on my behalf. Unfortunately there was not a lot of room for adjustments to the contract and we had to go our separate ways.

I would like to highlight the following that was exceptional that I have not had with a lot of builders

- Very prompt communication (I never had to send a follow up email to Lucas)
- Senior management is still hands on (evident in the way they checked on my clauses)
- Accomodating (I found a conduit that had been submerged between the the island and the back wall in a kitchen. as they could not verify that this was installed visually they had a subbie come in and remove the kickboard of the island to check this for me).

Would definitely revisit if this home has not been sold closer to the end of the display period.

Construction End DateJan 2018

Absolutely disgusting treatment

Just so disappointed after such a great experience with [name removed] in the sales team, it all went downhill from there. Roof Tiles missing for months letting in water and causing damage to the ceilings, there was no action taken to my 5 emails and countless phone calls, bowed walls, cracked tiles, foot prints in the concrete by the front door, the list goes on. 8 weeks late in handover and even after handover phone calls were still required to ensure that our washing line was installed and the gutters sealed properly. We are currently still awaiting the concrete footprints to be addressed, despite ongoing reassurances by the building supervisor [name removed] who had agreed to meet us at the property on two occasions and just didn’t turn up. Customer service, there isn’t any! Very inflexible with inspection times and very little notice given to enable us to reschedule work commitments, at times with just 2 days given. Just so disappointed!

Construction End DateJul 2018

No wonder why Orbits Warranty is only 6 years

We built in 2010 with a great build time and pretty good service. This is where it all ends. As time goes by you realise the cheapness of the materials/ fittings, along with the sloppy/negligent workmanship that has been put into your home. Hello where is the great customer service gone!!!! We in our 8th year, and something we put down to natural movement of the house, our skirting has suddenly sagged big time. Orbit simply responded that the house is out of warranty, every other correspondence attempt with them has been politely avoided. It turns out on an engineers inspection that the main trusses of the roof (the part that holds your roof up) have not been bolted together as per building guidelines. So now we have parts of the roof holding all that weight that shouldn't be. I'm under the realisation that this is now not a warranty issue but SERIOUS NEGLIGENT workmanship. The truss company that supplied the trusses has passed the buck back to Orbits being responsible. I will also be contacting the company that approved the work done. The bottom line is that this was all work employed by Orbits. Be VERY careful with this builder and good luck if your already living in one of their homes that it doesn't fall down around you like ours is!!!!!!

Construction End DateAug 2010

Good builder with great customer service

Construction started in Nov 17 and finished in May 2018. Delayed after the lockup took long time to get the finishing work. Change of site supervisor caused delays.

Kristen & Carnita have given an excellent customer support and keep the progress updated. Post settlement check is also excellent.99% time all quires were answered on same day or withing 24 hr.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Great Customer Service

construction started in June 2017 gave me the house in end of January the quality of the building is amazing nice structure of the house my wife love the house orbit home is out of the world all the queries answer by carnita on same day carnita was really helpful last 7 months in construct the house we are really thankful to you carnita

Construction End DateJan 2018

Very good quality build and very good Customer Service.

Construction started last week of June 2017, finished mid December 2017.
Got keys just before Christmas Break which was amazing.
Very good built quality.
99% time all quires were answered on same day or withing 24 hrs.
client service Officer Carnita was very prompt and accurate in response via email,phone call etc.
Site supervisor -Chris was good too in amending few things that we noticed during whole project.
Approvals took some time but its the same situation for every builder and construction project.
All final touch-ups were done before hand over, pretty much nothing left once we moved in

In short very good builder and would recommend for first home buyers ( just like me).

Construction End DateDec 2017