Ozito Stainless Wet & Dry Vacuum VWD-1220

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (6)

MaliIpswich

Best vacuum cleaner ever

I used the cleaner on my neighbours car interior and wow what a result dog hair, rocks ,grass and general dirt was no match for this tidy little unit our car and hers now look smick i also used the blower port on the vac and now car drying will be so easy

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $65.00.

Mali

Power cord could be a bit longer but i used my extension cord havent used wet function yet

Graeme

GraemeSoutheast, SA

EXCELLENT

5 stars++ I bought the 18v Power Xchange version of this and couldn't be happier, works like a charm and picks up everything on the hard floors, that being said it does struggle with the dog hair on the carpets, but for the price it's fantastic.

With the 4A/hr battery it runs for several days throughout a 3 bedroom house.

Great value for money and with an awesome guarantee as well...

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $65.00.

Theodore S.

Theodore S.Manuka 2603, ACT

Picks up better than my Dyson. Excellent value for money.

Purchased in October 2019 at Homebase for $59.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Ozito Stainless Wet & Dry Vacuum VWD-1220 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Daiane M.

Daiane M.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s worthy

I have a timber floor indoor and tiles outdoor, it’s good for both. I love the wet and dry options. It works well, and it surprised me that it vacuumed fine dust from the carpet. It’s a bit noisy, but understandable for the price... Great pricing though.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $65.00.

deb bMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bought at 11 returned at 1. With lunch break in between

Soooooo noisy. Poor suction really. Motor blew in 20 min. Took longer to read instructions and construct than it lasted. Good thing is Bunnings don't hassle at all with warranty. Don't bother.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.95.

Piecevcake

PiecevcakeAuckland

This sucker saved my bacon!

Uh-oh... the handyman has scrubbed the roof without disconnecting the drinking water tank... used this to vacuum out the muck in the bottom! It worked perfectly. Only gripe is the head attachment is not bent as much as other vacuums, so cannot sit flat at some angles. But for the money it is powerful, reliable, hasn't lost power like other vacuums I have had. Handyman is going to buy one now!

Purchased in January 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $80.00.

water is blown out during wet vaccuming

I was vacuuming water and water is blown out through the blower... how to stop water coming out through blower dow not serv the purpose. I was vacuuming the water from bath floor and dirty water was blown out through the blower nozzle all around and made the house dirty

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Jodi

JodiGippsland, VIC

As good as my Dyson

Only if rough rolling on unsolid surface
I compared this $60 to my Dyson. A must have for a good monthly clean, I spray surface with disinfectant n vac it straight up. No tricky buttons or attachments to screw, they just slide in. Love this A+
It's big n bulky n cord is short but this is well worth the money. I wish I knew about these before I spent $1000 on my dry only regular vacuum

Date PurchasedDec 2018
MarcQ

MarcQMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very powerful and portable

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Helen Abbot

Helen AbbotBrisbane

Not much of a vacuum cleaner

I purchased the 18V cordless version of this unit and it is useless. It has hardly any power at all. It is supposed to last 17 minutes but after 1 minutes of struggling I gave up. So I cant comment on the battery life. To use it to pickup dust you are supposed to install a paper bag (supplied) but the instruction booklet shows something inside the canister that is totally different to the real thing. There is no way you can connect the paper bag to inside the canister. I am seriously thinking of returning it to Bunnings. It might be ok for picking small things around a workshop. Especially that it has no cord and easily moveable. Not recommended for any serious cleaning work.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
sad costumer

sad costumersydney

It is a good product for the price range

The vacuum does not tip over and it has powerful suction, but the cord is too short, I only pay $50 dollars so for the money I pay it does a good job, I haven't tried the wet function, it uses paper bags for storing the rubbish and it can be difficult to find the bags in any shop if you do not have the specific type of vacuum cleaner, but I guess that would be the same with any type of vacuum cleaner that uses paper bags, I got it from bunnings so I go to get the bags from Bunnings, changing the bags is easy, cleaning is easy,

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Wet dry vac isn’t very good at all. Hardly worth using it.

I’ve got the ozito dry vac work shed. It’s 1100w. It’s very disappointing for the first one I ever bought. Not much sucking at all. Doesn’t pick up hardly anything unless I go back and forwards and circles etc. I’ve tried taking all the extension poles of so it just hose to floor head. No difference. I’m wondering if the hose is way to wide. It’s like 80mm.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Ozara

OzaraSurat

The sucking inlet stoped working and had to get replaced

I used the ozito for less than a day to clean up some wood dust and then it began to stop sucking in things. My grandfather has the same unit so I put them side by side and mine was definitely not working properly. I had to take it back and Bunnings for free upgrades it to the next wattage.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Service

ServiceDoncaster

Good Outside Vac

The great thing about this vac is that it does wet and dry. I can skim over the tile and pick up all the water and it works great like this. I really felt weird doing this the first time, like I was doing something wrong. Its got a heap of power and a simple but rugged design

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Suegazz

SuegazzHawthorn

Crude but effective

This is about as simple as you can get - a metal bucket on wheels with a lid that has a motor on it. Its develops good suction but the filter system is extremely basic. When you run it in the sun you can see the fine dust streaming out o it. I would never use this inside the house for that reason, except to pick up liquids. For general shop duties it has good power. Crude but effective

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Bl00zman

Bl00zmanCranbourne

Hardy and robust industrial vacuum

I use this in my garage to pick up mostly wood shavings. has not missed a beat and is hardy and robust in construction. All the"action" is in the lid where the motor is leaving the entire body space as the dust bin. It holds a lot before it needs emptying and is solid metal construction. Glad I bought it

Date PurchasedNov 2016
BrownSugar

BrownSugarGeelong

Good power and very useful

I am happy with this machine. Its already earned its place, despite being less than a year old. Its amazing just how many jobs there are for an "outside" vacuum once you have one. Lots of power and a strong design, also very simple to use and simple to empty. It was only $65 so its good value too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hardwood

HardwoodChadstone

EXCELLENT value industrial vacuum

This is a really good industrial style wet AND dry vacuum. It has already earned its place many times over . Its got way more suction than you would think. I nearly passed it over at Bunnings because it was "only" 1200 watts but trust me, it has more than enough power at the hose. This can happily take a punishing - its good value

Date PurchasedOct 2017
The_Doctor2

The_Doctor2melbourne

Very good shop vac

Tis has been one of my better purchases - t was only $65 but its done a ton of work already. I mostly use it to clean the caravan and the car but it can do wet clean ups too and that has been excellent. It very strongly made but quite simple. Really a metal dustbin with a moor and filter in the lid. Suction is strong. My only suggestion would be to take care to dry the filter thoroughly if using it wet as this makes a big difference. Good product.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Kite_Man

Kite_ManFitzoy

No good for allergy sufferes

This vacuum is really just for industrial situations. I bought it to pick up sawdust in my garage but it has a big flaw. It doesn't filter very much at all and I end up sneezing and sneezing. I should have checked , I know but I wanted to let others know. The actual vacuum does very good suction and works well. just very simple filtering

Date PurchasedDec 2017