Panasonic ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter RKR Series

Panasonic ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter RKR Series

CS/CU-Z12RKR (3.5kW), CS/CU-Z15RKR (4.2kW), CS/CU-Z21RKR (6kW), CS/CU-Z9RKR (2.5kW), CS/CU-Z18RKR (5kW) and 2 more

Nanoe-G has started making a squealing noise. Purchased from HarveyNorman 3 months ago, minimal use, quiet and effective

Aircon has been used for cooling only and nearly always when it has been running, we use the lowest fan speed as it cools our room very quickly, quietly and effectively.

The indoor unit has just started making a squealing/ bad squeaking noise and has got progressively louder (when running the unit two evenings in a row). However once the nanoe-G is switched off the noise completely stops, so this is obviously the problem.

This has been the first issue with the unit, but is definitely not a nice sound and feel this shouldn’t have happened when the unit has had so little use.

Apart from this, it is easy to use and the two separate off timer options are a handy feature.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $750.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Small Bedroom

Super Quiet

Love this Air con, super quiet sometimes forget it is on. Very simple to use, heats well as well as cools very fast. Sometimes in the middle of winter the heating takes a little to start I think this is the way it should work. Installation was a half a day process. Best air con I have owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great system

No complaints, works well, has an area of 3.5m x 11m to cover (open plan lounge-dining-kitchen). Im not a fan of the summer heat, so this thing is cranked up non-stop all day and all evening late into the night (sometimes if it's real hot, we leave it running all night too). Once you turn it on, it heats/cools quite quickly.
Easy to use, mum has a Panasonic too which is why i went for the same brand (hers is 18yo with no issues yet). Would definitely recommend it with a big thumbs up.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Excellent AC!

We have installed this AC in our bedroom for about 1.5 years so far, using both in winter for heating and cooling in summer. This is a very quiet AC and works well. Heating and cooling both happens quickly, even our bedroom is fairly big. It's also very cost efficient. I don't have any negative thing to say about it!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Happy with my decision

My unit is quiet. It is quick to both heat and cool. It has great star ratings. It installed quickly and easily into same place as other branded air con was with no install issues. Easy to use however i wish they had a sleep timer. Not really an issue but i always found it convenient to set my last air con for an hr to cool before going to sleep and if i woke up through the night too hot or cold could just press sleep knowing it will switch off but with this one you have to select an off time, not easy to do in the dark. Not a major issue but it would be a nice option. I set both on and off times for when i think i will need it and that works for me. As i said it is quick to cool, i live in a climate where geckos get into outdoor units and often destroy air conditioners, i have been advised the panasonic have overcome this by coating the components with silicone for protection. I have yet to find out if it works but was told this by a retailer and the installer, price wise its in the same category as other brands, all seem to have specials and i got mine through the installer, but as it turned out i could have got it cheaper through retail store. At this stage I will be replacing my others when required with panasonic as i feel i can rely on them. My other branded ones have all had warranty issues and then break down again, i have replaced them all with the same brand as i felt they were a good brand but i feel they are failing me now and the brand reputation isnt as good now so i am giving panasonic a go now. So far so good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works perfectly

It's a good quality product and works really well! Can be just slightly noisy at night when you're trying to sleep but the sound doesn't bother anyone too much. Takes a reasonable amount of time to heat up or cool down the room. Purchased for many years and it has never malfunctioned. Works extremely well and Panasonic is a reliable brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Crappy Service from Panasonic

This was a good product till it works, Mine broke after 1 year from install and panasonic doesn't have parts locally, and they don't know when the parts arrives to Australia, their customer service is really crappy and never received call back though they promise to give updates.
I would never buy panasonic air conditioner.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Reliable and efficient

This air conditioner is reliable and efficient. I heat a one bedroom apartment within half an hour to a pleasant temperature. In summer, it is efficient to cool the apartment. Electricity bills do not increase drastically when I use the air conditioner for a few hours at a time during the cold or hot months.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fantastic air conditioner

Such a fantastic air conditioner and so very quiet. I really love the anti-bacterial filter it has and it's a blessing to set the timer on before I wake up. It heats up very quickly that I really don't need to have it running for very long. Great AC, highly recommend!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Quiet AC

This is a fantastic AC. Is very quiet and works very well. Heating and cooling is great and comes on quick. Like all things the product is only half the battle. Get yourself a Air Conditioner installer and not an electrician that slaps in split systems, and you won't have any dramas.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Avoid Panasonic Air Condition - Very noisy

The indoor unit makes cracking noises when operating in heat mode even when the unit is switched off! it seems like it is caused by expansion/contraction and due to low quality parts inside the unit it makes the sound as long as 20minutes after the unit is switched off!

I even asked for Panasonic service to check it out and they acknowledged that there isn't any thing they can do with that kind of sound.

I wouldn't suggest Panasonic air condition units to anybody.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent Aircon

Made a right choice by choosing this aircon. It is quick in cooling with excellent energy saving ratings. Cooling is super fast as well as very comfortable and easy to use. The sleek design and beautiful make adds to the beauty of the house. Easy to clean, with many option on remote control to choose from.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Outdoor unit far too noisy

This model is one of the first series using R32 as refrigerant. I've been told by one aircon mechanic that the permanent 'mechanical' noise coming from the compressor is related to that. Measuring with my dB meter on one a very quiet night, the sound pressure (dB(A) level was about 7 dB higher than in the spec sheet (on quiet mode). Heating is worse than cooling. Even allowing for 2dB(A) tolerence, it's still far too high.Mind, 3dB difference is a doubling of the noise.
Panasonic (and the shop) were okay at first, sending someone to re-gas the units (I have a 5kW and a 2.5kW unit), but nothing changed. My request for a removal and refund, or exchange for a unit that meets the advertised specs fell on deaf ears. I'm not happy, and won't buy Panasonic again. I also consider action in the Fair Trading tribunal. Air conditioners from friends (e.g. Daikin, Mitsubishi, even Haier) I've being able to listen to are much quieter. Panasonic seems to have gone one step too far in making their products cheaper and cheaper.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good Panasonic air con from Harvey Norman

The air con was relatively good priced and packed with technology and noise level is also very low. The installation was smooth by Harvey Norman contractor and his apprentice. Professional work done especially with difficult installation at second level. The air con got our baby through the Melbourne summer last year and looking forward to another year with Panasonic.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fast cooling for bedroom

Affordable price - bought at binglee when it was on special $870. The installation costed me $600 - of course it has nothing to do with review, just FYI give other buyer price guide :-)

Our bedroom is around 14, 15 Sqm, pretty fast cooling and its not noisy at all.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

AMAZING !!

I am super happy and impressed with the unit's cooling and heating functions! It fills a large room quickly and really lasts however it is not at all cheap to run. It is fairly quiet and very easy to use in regards to settings, temp control etc. The installation was brilliant.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Large one and small one, both good

We bought 2.5kw and 7kw model, a small one for our bedroom and a larger one for open living/dining space. Initially, I thought we would need 8kw model but my installer said 7kw is enough and he was right. We haven't try heating option yet but both works efficiently and cooling down spaces quickly. I sometimes feels the small lights on the unit seems bright at night.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Split system

Bought this from goodguys taylors lakes not knowing what to expect even though they were so helpful,i only jave a small home and was thrilled that it kept the entire house cool was powerful cool and it was easy to set up and program and it had allergic button yay

Date PurchasedNov 2006

Good performance

Wanted to purchase a Mitsubishi but the guy in the store said this would be better than that. Tried and never regretted. Good performance in cooling. Heating is not that good during most winter days. Power usage also not that bad as i didn't end up receiving huge energy bills so far. Overall good performance

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great air con for a large space

We have a large 8kw cooling/9kw heating model of this air conditioner. In our house it is set up to cool the main portion of the house (2 living spaces, the kitchen and hallway – we will typically have the doors to the bedrooms shut to minimize the already large space it is cooling). We have had it for just over a year (2 summers) and it has worked really well in cooling down the space to a comfortable, not freezing, temperature. We have it set around 24 (or 27 on really scorching days) degrees during the day and early evening. Living in QLD we have not had the need to give the heating a really good run for it money but they odd occasion we have used it it has worked well. We have found it has added about $70 to our quarterly electricity bill running it about 10 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week over the summer. The unit i quiet and easy to use. The condenser part of the unit is very big so you need adequate space to set it up and it really blows out a lot of hot air so positioning in the right place is important. I would happily recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I have the 5kw and the unit takes 10 minutes to warm up (apparently normal) but the real frustration is that after blowing warm air for approx. 30 minutes the unit goes into some sort of sleep mode with a whirring/gurgling noise. Nothing I do gets the unit to start heating again - ive changes the modes and increased the temp but it just continues blowing the faintest amount of warm air out for over 1.5 hours while the room gets cold. Panasonic technician has come and said this is all “normal” including the ridiculously loud unit outside. Does anyone else think this sounds normal? Thanks Sam
No, it's certainly not. 5 minutes warm-up would be (just) normal, certainly not that is stops heating after 30 minutes. This sounds much worse than my unit. It suggests to me that Panasonic has had a problem with early R32 units and won't admit to it. Since your case appears to be much more clear-cut than mine, I'll suggest to take it to Fair Trading and the tribunal if it has to be. If what you write is true, you'll win your case. Please keep me posted, I'm happy to toe your line in regards to noise issues.

I have the 8kw unit and am finding it slow to respond when switching to heat mode in the morning. It takes at least 10minutes to fire up. My previous model Panasonic is almost instant. Also some features such as the air swing are not activating and it seems to hunt around the set temperature. The unit was just installed. Any suggestions?
It won't start until the air coming out of it is pretty warm, so perhaps your external unit is in a very cold place in the morning? You should check what settings you have turned on, as well, cos the Econavi and iAutoX are designed to adapt the temperature based on light/movement/... . The air swing should work as soon as air is flowing. If it isn't and you definitely have it set to Auto, then perhaps the unit is faulty.

How much does it cost to install?
Was here when we bought the house sorryfrom Harvey norman geppx cross, quote 400 special, but I need extra 2 meter pipe (200) and plastic stand of 50, so 650.

ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z12RKR (3.5kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z15RKR (4.2kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z21RKR (6kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z9RKR (2.5kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z18RKR (5kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z24RKR (7kW)ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter CS/CU-Z28RKR (8kW)
Indoor Unit Height296mm296mm296mm296mm296mm296mm296mm