PD Comprehensive Car Insurance

PD Comprehensive Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Let me keep it simple, do not deal with this insurance company. They will make you pay when it comes to making a claim.

I have been with PD for several years. When it came to making a claim, they tried every excuse under the sun of why they can't fix all that was damaged in an accident.

Steve

SteveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dodgy pricing

Checked insurance quotes on behalf of my wife on Compare the market for Volkswagon Golf we are about to purchase, PD Insurance quote came up for $462.07 but when it directed me to their site I filled in the details & the quote came to $898.46.
We are rating 1 drivers with no claims, no lost points on our licences, no age constraints & current comprehensive insurance.
I can only suspect that this is a scam or a lure to get you on their site & possibly buy a policy, but why would you as it turned out they had the most expensive policy.

Marina 42

Marina 42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't even get a quote

I tried to obtain an online quote. New X5 BMW and their system would not let me put in a value within their suggested range. I gave up. Hopeless system which says a lot for the Company

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Greg Perry

Greg PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

My experience dealing with PD has been excellent.

PD's premiums have always been much lower than the competition, and I always compare at renewal time. But the real test of an insurance company is their performance when you need to make a claim. A few weeks ago I was tail-ended by an uninsured driver while waiting in traffic. The impact wrote off my car. I phoned PD from the crash scene and they organised a tow-truck immediately. My car was assessed, the claim paid out, and I was in a new car within two weeks. The consultants at PD were always polite and kept me informed at every stage. My experience with PD over the years has been excellent.

Car ModelMitsubishi ASX XB
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst insurance agent ever

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

If you like your car..... insure it with someone else!

I lodged a claim after hitting a kangaroo, after over a month waiting for PD Insurance to approve the assessment from the smash repairers, and after lots of calls following up from me, they denied the claim based on a previous claim I didn't tell them about...…. a no excess payable windscreen repair (I didn't even know this counted as a claim on my history) from my previous insurer. End of the day if you want to have your car covered go with someone else...… this looks to be over a $20 000 mistake on my behalf.

Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateMay 2019

Just hopeless!

Slow response, didn’t want to offer any help being a not at fault claim they were always passing the buck to the someone else, another department or the other insurer

Car ModelMazda 3

yas

yasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not honour the quote to fix damage on my car

My car was in an accident due to no fault on my side. My car was damaged whilst being parked, Police were involved in the incident. Reported to progressive insurance, all repairs authoritied by them. I then proceed to drop my car off to repair and the panel beater informs me progressive insurance is refusing to pay for one part of damage as they felt it wasn’t part of the accident.

Progressive Insurance you had no direct conversation with me about this issue, you authorised and approved all damage to be fixed. You then dishonour and go back on your word. Totally disgusted by this insurances behaviour.

Will not be renewewing my policy with this this insurance organisation who I feel just lie and go back on their word.

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

Crappy insurance company, stay away. They are cheap for a reason.

Car ModelToyota Camry XV40
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
kevinwong82

kevinwong82Sydney, Australia

Will not provide comprehensive insurance

Spent 10min filling in their quote asking all sorts of personal details on a new car comprehensive policy, then at very end said would not provide insurance because like thousands of other Sydney people who had car damaged in hail recently. Should have stopped collecting personal details after asking about hail damage at start of questionnaire.

Saxon Poser

Saxon PoserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Are you a young person or own an older car?

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes