PD Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

• 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (13)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (12)
Not Too Happy
Not Too HappySydney, NSW

What the point in paying a slightly lower price if you cant claim it without AFCA involved

Started as a bad experience, but finally resolved ok. Just had to be dragged through a lot of unpleasant for an easy other driver at fault incident. I have updated this from a negative to a positive review, but will still move my insurance (home and work) elsewhere.

James
JamesSydney, NSW

My experience was quite positive

Don’t really understand the bad reviews my experience was quite positive found them easy to deal with, claim process was easy and was resolved in just over a week. Considering the low cost and ease of setting up I’ve found them to be a good insurance company to deal with. The only negative would be that they were somewhat difficult to contact through phone they could definitely find room for improvement.

R. Pak
R. PakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nasty PD insurance - should not be trusted

I need help or advice from anyone who have experienced a similar issue as mine.

I switched to PD insurance just this year. They denied my claim without even looking at or reviewing the required documents I was writing up about my stolen car - which stated all relevant details and information that an insurance company should consider.

They use completely unlogical and difficult processing systems which disregard all their client's problems.

This is honestly the worst insurance company I have signed up with and I urge people to not sign up with this company because they leave you feeling infuriated and confused.
Does anyone have any advice or solutions in regard to my issue?

Find out how PD Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Unable to access policy online, Unable to get someone on the phone

Unable to access policy details online to ensure my information was up to date. Been trying for a week.
Unable to get someone on the phone to get any help, risk losing insurance due to this.
Was happy with the policy that why I was renewing my policy

My Info C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from this insurance company

We are with this company for the last 10 years and now we needed to make a claim and they treated me like a criminal for logging the claims. They demanded my 5 years driving history as well my partner 5 years driving history. I was the one involved in the accident. It has been a month since the accident and they are still accessing the claims.

It is better to pay a bit extra and go for a different company that treats you like a customer, not a criminal.
We are going to cancel our policy soon and go for a better one.

My Info C.

Cheaper than others, what a joke. I have already found a reputable company with cheaper prices than yours.
illegitimate claims, [Potentially Defamatory Claims Removed]? Shame on you.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks and all the best.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Matthew Bognar
Matthew BognarSydney, NSW

Premium double for no reason

I've had my car insured for 7 years with PD and have always found them to be great. I was set up for auto renewal and my annual policy this year was billed at $4,060 up from $1,960 last year. I phoned and they re-quoted over the phone at $3,300 and couldn't tell me why it went up so much. I cancelled on the spot and was able to set up a policy with another provider for $1300. I always through PD was good value but this renewal was a total joke!

Really
ReallySouth Australia

Claim experience

PD Insurance PD Insurance

Thank you for the feedback, were so glad the process was simple and straightforward!

Kind Regards

Ser
Ser

Beyond one star- considering taking further

Jenny P.
Jenny P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cancelled my policy today

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Receiver
ReceiverMelbourne

Pure Disaster it is

The one and only factor that qualifies an insurer is, what happens in the event of a claim. PD does not have a product to sell. You are better off self insured at least you will not be made to run around doing the job of the company you are paying to do it.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

PD stands for pure disaster

I have comprehensive insurance with these guys. Recently was taken out by a truck and driver of the truck taken full responsibility for the accident. PD decided that they will write the car off but hang on wont pay me out as i have had a suspension 5 years ago. Well PD is i come to your house and break your leg because your a moron is it your fault or mine. DO NOT insure your car, home or anything with these freaking morons.

Great Experience!

The policy was good value. Cheaper than everyone else in the market for me. I also got a phone call from a lovey lady who was very informative and couldn't do enough to help me.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

G'day Rick, thanks for the great review, we are pleased you found our product right for you and our service to have added value.
Happy Motoring!

Fiona
FionaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointed

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

nerri
nerriSydney, NSW

So far so good

I had to make a claim this year after getting caught in a hailstorm. I claimed online, they called me the next day, had to send through photos then organised a time to be taken in for an estimate. Their repair centre was about an Hr away from me so a little bit annoying but was all quoted in about 15 minutes. I was ably to take my car to my preferred repairer who was able to get me in straight away. Had no issues whatsoever. I’ve just purchased a brand new car and they were cheapest by miles. Received a a call from a rep and also had the windscreen/window insurance added to my policy. Hopefully I won’t have to claim in the future but for my own protection I also have a dash cam installed

Insurance TypeComprehensive
PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the continued support, we are pleased to hear we have been of good service to you.