Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (92), 1-2 weeks (81), 2-4 weeks (25), 1-2 months (7) and 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (199) · No (6)

Lynley

LynleyPerth, WA

Glad we have it.

Bought the PIA insurance for our labradoodle puppy just in case.
Well since then she has been diagnosed with possible epilepsy and with neospora. Both these issues have required regular vet visits , blood tests and medication all of which is expensive and ongoing. PIA has paid out on all these accounts once submitted by the vet. They have updated me on the progress of the claims and the money is paid out promptly. Very happy with PIA.

Claim ApprovedNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lynley for posting your feedback on PIA. I'm sorry to hear of your pet's diagnosis and I hope they are doing well. Have a lovely week.

Bull terrier Mum

Bull terrier MumHunter Region, NSW

Naughtiest Dog Award

Young married couple. We have a super accident prone and cheeky bull terrier (bull terrorist) so Pet insurance was a MUST. The Policy is GREAT value, such an easy and user friendly set up. PIA Pet Portal is amazing and straight forward to manage. 5+ claims so far, two over $5000 less than a week to resolve and VERY happy with the generous rebate. 4 years as customers. LOVE IT LOVE IT. Will be sticking with this insurer indefinitely and in the future with other pets. Cannot say enough about PIA. Thank you to everyone from PIA. Our fur baby would LITERALLY not have made it through 2 large acute illnesses without you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bull terrier Mum for your great feedback on our policies and customer service. I hope your precious furbabe is doing well. Have a fantastic week.

Amanda

AmandaPerth, WA

QUICK AND EFFICIENT

The online portal to submit it so simple and easy to use. It only took 3 days for the funds to hit my account and they keep me updated as to when they receive it etc.

I have never had an issue with these guys and have helped so much with unexpected vet fees!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Amanda for your feedback and review on PIA. Have a wonderful week.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

Jan

Jan

Highly recommend!

Easy to use portal, as long as all information is provided claims are fast, with money in my account within a week.
I would not be without pet insurance! My dog would have cost me $$$ without it!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jan for your feedback on PIA. Have a great weekend.

Lily's mum

Lily's mumSydney, NSW

Excellent pet insurance

easy claim, quick response and caring
It makes much less stress with high vet bill and you can focous on looking after your paw family not a bill. Thank you so much PIA

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lilly's mum for taking the time to post your feedback about PIA. I hope Lilly is doing well? Have a wonderful weekend.

Helen R

Helen R

Terrible Customer Service

Attempted to remove an animal, add another animal and update payment details. After extended wait time I was transferred to someone who could not do any of these things. I was then told that someone could call me back but it might take 2 business days alternatively I could go back in the queue and hope that the call was transferred to someone who could help me. Not sure this company wishes to keep my business, terrible customer service.

Claim MadeNo
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Helen, I'm so sorry to hear of this and it's not our level of customer service. I would like to investigate this immediately and have a supervisor speak to you to have this resolved. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a lovely day.

Steve

SteveRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Otis is completely covered

Otis has a long term issue with dermatological problems with his skin. He is on a regular vaccination regime which is both expensive and enduring. The best decision I ever made was to insurance Otis from a puppy. OIA has been wonderful supporting all of his issues for the past 5 years. A great product with corresponding great service. Claims are promptly and efficiently dealt with. Rarely does it take more than a few days to get the approved claim back and the refund sent to my account.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Steve for taking the time to post your review. I hope Otis is doing well and is on the mend from his dermo condition. Sending him a big cuddle from all of us at PIA. Have a wonderful day.

Terrible Service, and not great at resolving concerns

After charging me a renewal without receiving the notification, I called to understand why it had increased so much, and why I did not receive a renewal. They were RUDE!

Claim MadeNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Skip, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations and I'd like to have this resolved asap. Can I please grab your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Skip T.
Skip T.

It is under Irene Tupper (my wife) and Luna

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Skip, i'll need the actual policy number or the full address and phone number of the policy for my team to look this up. I'll private message you now for the information. Thanks

Amazing claims service!

My dog recently was diagnosed with Epilepsy resulting in many expensive vet bills which keep coming... PIA’s claims process is super easy and very efficient! I have lodged numerous claims and all have been responded to/paid out very fast! Have been with PIA for 2 years now and wouldn’t change.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jasmine for your review and feedback on our service. I hope your dog is doing ok after their recent diagnosis of Epilepsy. Have a lovely Wednesday.

Pet Insurance

Awesome Insurance for our blessed dog. Its the bomb!

Our dog had a luxated knee cap and required surgery. Every procedure was referred to Pet Australia. Each one was replied to within days and our claims were assessed super quick. Thanks for making a painful time so easy with your customer service and expert assessment. Best thing we did was insure our dog with you guys!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Chris for your feedback on our service and policies. I hope your dog is recovering well from surgery? Have a lovely day.

Chris
Chris

Lucy is kicking goals almost literally. Getting stronger by the day .Thank you

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

That's just wonderful news Chris :) Sending Lucy a big PIA pat from the team.

Henry D

Henry DSydney, NSW

Seamless and efficient claim process. Great Policy and service.

We have been with PIA for nearly 3 years now for our Labrador Ted. We honestly can't fault their service, efficiency and value for money. We have had a few unexpected vet / hospital visits & multiple claims. PIA always prompt, polite and seamless in processing our claims. Certainly gives peace of mind knowing we have Ted under a PIA policy.

Claim DateJuly 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Henry for posting your feedback on PIA. I hope Ted is doing well? Have a lovely week.

buyer beware!! Claim process is a JOKE! Lots of HOOPS to jump through!

Our first claim was so stressful! We had to jump through a lot of hoops to complete our claim, PIA wanted our Dogs Full medical history again and an individual itemized bill for the surgery for the illness, The Vet sent them a medical history Linked to access her full history file, PIA couldn’t do that PIA wanted it all as a PDF! 6 Emails later we get an Email saying they have split our claim in to 4 parts! So we get the first Email saying we don’t cover item one, then another Email saying we don’t cover item 4, what a JOKE

6 weeks later they paid about 70% of the bill.

Currently looking for another company for Pet Insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Andy, I'm sorry to hear about your claims experience and I'd like to have a supervisor take a look at this asap and help resolve this problem. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a lovely day.

Andy
Andy

No you can Not have my policy number we had numerous phone calls that we're unhelpful

Karen

Karen

Quick and easy to claim

Very easy to claim, quick and courteous to deal with. Claim handled through the vet and hassle free. Claim was settled promptly. Would recommend to anyone thinking of pet insurance.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Karen for taking the time to review PIA. Have a lovely week.

Wally's mum

Wally's mumSydney, NSW

Recommend highly

I feel Pet insurance is essential. Both our dogs have been insured with PIA and have always had the most positive experience. Our vets claim directly which I feel works best for both parties and have always been reimbursed promptly and without issue.
Our dog recently had major issues and the stress free aspect of how PIA handled the process made a major difference in a really stressful time.
Will be staying with PIA and recommend to friends.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Wally's mum for your high recommendation and review. I hope Wally is doing well? Have a wonderful weekend.

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst cover, terrible level of repayments for treatments

Our Pug underwent a teeth cleaning procedure at a cost of nearly $700. PIA provided a $50 refund. Disgustingly low level of cover. We pay nearly $70 a month for this privilege with PIA and essentially get stuff all for it. Go with anyone else but these providers. Absolutely hopeless. In the 4 years we have had this cover I have not felt even remotely close to receiving value for money.

Deb M

Deb MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Always gives us piece of mind knowing that we don't have to pay the full amount of our vet bill

Claims are easy to lodge online and we are always pleased with how quickly claims are reimbursed. We are new to PIA and would highly recommend to anyone looking for value for money

Number of Pets-1 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Deb for taking the time to post your PIA experience. I hope your pet is doing well. Have a great weekend.

Warren Y.

Warren Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You never know when you'll need it

I signed up the day I adopted Spooky. The next day he was attacked by another dog. PIA started paying out straight away, no questions asked. Only issue I've had is that you can't view the documents you've uploaded on the online portal.
Three words: peace of mind.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Warren for taking the time to review PIA. I hope Spooky is doing well and made a full recovery. I'll also be sure to share your feedback regarding the pet portal. Have a lovely day.

Carol

CarolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rapid Response to Claim

Have been with Pet Insurance for about seven years now, and any claims have been promptly dealt with. Was very appreciative of how rapid the favourable response was to our most recent claim.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Carol for taking the time to post about your recent claim with PIA. I'll be sure to share this with the hardworking team. Have a great day.

Kingsley Lam

Kingsley LamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best insurance so far

I’ve been with PIA only for a couple months but already know it’s worth to get, great policy, good service, quick claim. Definitely recommend to everyone.I am very happy and thank you so much.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Kingsley for taking the time to post your review and high recommendation. Have a wonderful day.

peter french

peter frenchSydney, NSW

Without this cover as pensioners we would not have been able to keep our beautiful Molly

Molly has been blind for 6 years.She needs insulin twice daily plus regular treatment by her vet. We pay the vet when we visit and PIA receive details from the vet and they settle the claim I and promptly send the money to our bank account.Thanks PIA for helping uskeep our much loved girl for 12 years

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Peter for your review and for being a loyal customer for so long. Sending your precious girl a big PIA cuddle from all of us here at PIA. Have a great day.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews