Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (19) · <1 week (18) · 2-4 weeks (11) · 1-2 months (3) · 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (48) · No (2)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

JoMa

JoMaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Saved us when the unexpected happened...

We have had our policy for 12 months and although it's not all been smooth sailing when we did have a serious issue with our dog and there was a substantial claim, PIA were efficient and helpful and paid out almost immediately.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, JoMa for taking the time to share your PIA story. I hope our dog has made a full recovery from their illness or injury. Have a wonderful day.

Annie P

Annie PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Always there for me

I’ve been with PIA for a couple of years now and have made about 4 claims. They have been absolutely incredible and they cover so much it’s honestly the biggest help for me as a mum to multiple fur babies! Thank you PIA!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Annie for your comments. Have a wonderful day. Sending a big PIA pat to all your precious fur-babes.

Lucy

LucySydney, NSW

They put up my premium by 24% in one year!!!!

I have a 14month old puppy and we took out pet insurance with PIA in her first year. In that year we had 1 vet visit and then when it came around to renewing our policy I got hit with a 24% increase and was not even notified! It was only due to the fact that I saw the expense hit my account. When I called to ask why the increase was so much I was told it was due to my dogs age ....UMMMMMM 14months???!!! Extremely strange and extortion if you ask me. I have cancelled my insurance and have gone else where. Beware the yearly premium increases!!

ConnieSydney, NSW

Really disappointed with Premium increases.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Connie. I'm really sorry to hear of this and I'd like to put you in contact with a PIA Expert who can take a look into your account asap. Can I please grab your policy number? Thanks, have a lovely day.

katarinanadia

katarinanadiaSydney, NSW

responsive & quick & painless claim

My 4 years old retriever who has been with Pet Insurance Australia since she was 2 months old and we have had to make claims and getting reimbursed for majority of her vet works. She had 2 cruciate ligaments surgeries recently and both were covered by the insurance up to a certain limit & claiming is quite easy and quick turnaround to have the reimbursement back to our account.
The call centre are great to deal with and we are quite happy with them and has recommended them to our friends & families.

Claim DateDecember 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Katarinanadia for taking the time to post your PIA feedback. I hope your lovely retriever has made a full recovery from her surgeries. Sending a big PIA pat. Have a wonderful day.

jalamacoza

jalamacozaHunter Region, NSW

ExGratia Payment

Our pup broke a tooth and needed surgery to remove, found out not covered. No dental ever. I was paid exgratia without requesting, was pleasantly surprised with a $700 refund

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jalamacoza for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious pup made a full recovery from their accident. Have a great day.

Janelle

JanelleSydney, NSW

Fantastic Company, Incredibly Impressed with PIA Service

I have two beautiful Frenchies insured with PIA, and have had to make a couple of claims over the past year. PIA have always been incredibly customer focused, clear and concise with their requirements around the claims and I was very satisfied with the time frame around settlement of the claim. Whenever I have had to call to speak with someone, I have found the customer service people very friendly and knowledgable over the phone, nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend PIA to any pet owner.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Janelle for your feedback and high recommendation. I hope your precious Frenchies are doing well. Sending a big PIA cuddle to them both. Have a wonderful day.

Glad I have it

Both of my dogs have been with PIA for a few years now. We have always received great service. Whenever anything happens I am glad I have this peace of mind that I can concentrate on my dogs well being and the financial side is been taken care of by PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kerstin for taking the time to review PIA. Have a lovely day and Happy New Year.

Joe

Joe

Claim seamlessly processed

Made a claim after our Doberman fractured a part of his foot and the claim was quickly and seamlessly processed. The service I have received from PIA over the last three years has been great and they have always provided me with a competitive quote.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Joe for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious Dobe has made a full recovery and is back happily running about. Have a wonderful weekend.

Suzanne M.

Suzanne M.Sydney, NSW

When your precious pet is sick, you know you can rely on Pet Insurance Australia

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Suzanne for sharing your precious dog's PIA experience. I'm so happy that your boy is back to his happy healthy self. Have a wonderful week.

joates

joatesPerth, WA

Glad we have it

Dog got to rat poison, thought we might not be covered but were and received over $900 back. Between that and the other couple of incidents our puppy has had we are up fo the next couple of years. There are some exclusions that are sure to get you/us at some point but that have come through so far.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Joates for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your pup made a full recovery from the rat poison. Have a wonderful day.

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pet Insurance is needed for their twilight years

The excess I found rather confusing, and I don't think I've put in for every claim simply because I assumed that the excess would either be more than the claim, or was considered an excess on something that hasn't been claimed before, therefore a new ailment/injury where you have to pay the first initial excess (which is confusing in itself), or because the claim included the word/s tooth or teeth, then it was 'all over red rover' if it had those words in the claim. The claim process is easy, because it's all online and you just scan and attach the invoice/receipt, although, having to ring the vet for extra notes is a pain, and should be explanatory enough in the wording on the invoice/receipt.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Linda. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a great day.

Bianca H.

Bianca H.Mid North Coast, NSW

Quick and Friendly

We foster failed Leo in May 2019 and in August, finally got around to extending my policy to now include two dogs and a cat! One month later, Leo had a bowel obstruction requiring emergency surgery. He has made a full recovery but it was incredibly scary for the whole family and adding a huge vet bill would have been the last thing we needed. Our payout was paid within days and they have since touched base to check on his recovery. I am very happy with PIA and wouldn't want to be without it.

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bianca for taking the time to share Leo's story with PIA. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the hardworking pet-loving team. Have a great day.

MICHELLEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excessive excess

very strange way of calculating excess!!
spent $270 on emergency vet consultations, the excess is $200 and got merely $12 back!! Called for explanation and they insist they are right very well well done for money grab and I am out.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Michelle. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations and I'd love to put you in contact with someone who can help. Can I please grab your policy number and I'll have a claims supervisor reach out asap? Thanks, have a lovely day.

Pi0843628
most welcome if he / she can catch from consumers point of view and solve the problems. dont have time to listen what / why you are right and can do nothing again

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Michelle I'll have a supervisor reach out asap. Have a lovely day.

Dianne JV

Dianne JVWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Must Have Pet Insurance - Overall Very Good

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Dianne for sharing your comments on PIA and our services. I'm so sorry to hear of your pet's passing. I'll be sure to pass on your review to the team. Have a lovely day.

john wilson

john wilsonGold Coast

My claim turned out to be a pleasant experience.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your heartfelt story and experience with PIA. It's wonderful to hear that Teddy is doing well and made a 90% recovery. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great week.

Prompt payment and helped financially

Very happy with the response times regarding payback with claims, the vets did all the claim. It helped financially especially with an older dog after quite a big op. We got most of the money back which was helpful as it was an expensive op.

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lesley for taking the time to write a review. I hope your dog is doing well and recovered after surgery? Have a great day.

SimonSydney, NSW

Be careful with this Company 72% price increase over 2 years

The current inflation rate is 1.9% and wages growth for 2019 is 2.3%, yet somehow Pet Insurance Australia decided they were justified in raising my annual premium by 72% over 2 years. This forced me to cancel my policy and switch insurers leaving our leaving our pup uninsured against illness for a 30 day waiting period. We made 1 (fully justified) claim during that period as my pups eye was injured in an incident with another dog. We were paid $100. This was also a difficult process to go through. I would avoid PIA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2017
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi, Simon, I'm sorry to hear of your feelings towards PIA and would love to get a supervisor to reach out? Do you have your old policy number handy? Thanks, have a great day.

Ridiculous price increase

I understand an inflation price is to be expected annually, but a 26% price increase is outrageous!
Extremely disappointed, would advise others check their annual increases.
We have never made a claim and our dog is only 1.5 years old.

Bec

Hi there, it would be great if you could look into this for me. PI08893333.
Kind regards

1/10th of the vet bill!very worth the spend

Our claim was handled so quickly, without any fuss and no suprises. Highly recommend it! It cost us 1/10th of the total vet bill for our puppy -very worth it!

Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Marta for your lovely words. I hope your puppy is doing well? Have a great week.

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews