Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover

Ridiculous price increase

I understand an inflation price is to be expected annually, but a 26% price increase is outrageous!
Extremely disappointed, would advise others check their annual increases.
We have never made a claim and our dog is only 1.5 years old.

Bec

Hi there, it would be great if you could look into this for me. PI08893333.
Kind regards

1/10th of the vet bill!very worth the spend

Our claim was handled so quickly, without any fuss and no suprises. Highly recommend it! It cost us 1/10th of the total vet bill for our puppy -very worth it!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Marta for your lovely words. I hope your puppy is doing well? Have a great week.

janine w.

janine w.Gippsland, VIC

I wouldn't do without my pet insurance

Fab ! No problems getting my vet fees back and were quick with refunds . My dog Clancy is now in great shape after being in a fight with a very aggressive dog.

Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Janine, thanks for sharing your heartfelt story. I hope Clancy is doing well after such a terrifying ordeal. Sending a big PIA cuddle to Clancy from the team.

Not happySydney

$550 to $2000 in 4 years

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear of your upset over your premiums and I'd love to have a Policy Expert take a good look into your account. Can I please grab your policy number and I'll have someone reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

PI03919635
Ive spoken to someone on the phone yesterday but they only kept saying that it will keep increasing like this if I stay. Ill be calling today to cancel because my policy will renew otherwise.

Not happy

I should also mention that your representative specifically told me that I'm not eligible for the 21 day cooling off period, which was a misinformation.

Jack

JackSydney, NSW

Jack the Thug

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jack (and his loving pet parent) for your feedback and review. Sending Jack a good chin scratch from the kitty-cat loving team at PIA. Have a puuuuurfect weekend.

Seamless Claims Process, Very Happy

It's suspected that our cat Oscar was clipped by a car, but it must've been at low speed and he only suffered torn claws and some bruising, which is all healed now. PIA provide insurance for Oscar and the claim that we made was really hassle free and I didn't have to even call anyone. The emergency vet submitted the claim for us on the spot, and 80% of the fees were in our account within about 2 weeks. The service received was exactly as advertised and was just a seamless process. We are very happy with PIA and will keep our cover for both Oscar and his sister Sasha.

Claim DateMay 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Adrian for your comments and feedback. I hope Oscar has made a full recovery from his accident and back playing with Sasha. Have a wonderful weekend.

jeff

jeffSydney, NSW

The only reason our beloved dog is still with us!

When our Rottweiler was diagnosed with terminal Lymphoma at only 3 years of age we were in shock! Having pet insurance with PIA has enabled us to treat him with every possible treatment available without worrying about the cost and to extend his life as long as possible, without it we simply could not have afforded to keep up the very expensive treatment. The claims process is excellent, our vet submits the claim after treatment then it is paid out within about a week. Our premiums have increased but i guess that is to be expected given the amount we're claiming. Highly recommended & will use again in the future.

Claim DateMarch 2018
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jeff for taking the time to share your PIA experience and your beloved Rottweiler's story. Sending him a special BIG-DOG PAT and cuddle from the PIA team. Have a great weekend.

Talia

TaliaSydney, NSW

Helpful in stressful circumstances

Having a sick pet is any owners worst nightmare. When our cat, Pepper, went into congestive heart failure we feared the worst. A difficult process to claim pet insurance was the last thing on our minds, thankfully our vets (3 separate emergency visits) all submitted our claims and PIA were responsive and promptly processed our claims. We knew about our limits and excess and were overall happy with the claim payments. Would recommend and we will continue to use PIA for Pepper and ang future pets!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Talia for your recommendation and taking the time to review PIA. I hope Pepper is doing well? Sending Pepper a big PIA cuddle from the pet-loving team. Have a great weekend.

PIA have saved us a few times!

We have been with PIA over 5 years and we have submitted a few big claims in that time which thankfully aided us to pay some huge vet bills. It's been great value for us and very easy to make a claim.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sam for your feedback and review of our service and claims. Have a wonderful week.

Rod Miller

Rod MillerMid North Coast, NSW

Without our insurance we would have not have our crazy mutt with us now.

The insurance allowed us to get life saving stomach surgery.

The claim went through quickly without any hassles and repayment was done within a week. They are very quick and everything can be done online at anytime without having to spend time on a phone.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Rod for sharing your claiming experience. Have a great day.

SinichealPerth, WA

Dont insure with them

Their prices go up every year. My policy jumped this year from $105 a month to $165 a month. Takes over 8 days to get your money back after a claim. I have comprehensive but they still only pay for certain things. Policy changes every year without warning. Once your signed up your stuck with them if your pet has existing problems. Our other pet is insurance is with another company and they are wonderful.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Sinicheal. I'm really sorry to hear of your frustrations with PIA and I'd love to help. Can you please provide me with your policy number and I can get a PIA Policy Expert to reach out asap. Thanks, have a lovely day.

Sinicheal

Have spoken to someone before with no help. Your only going to keep putting the price up by huge amount every year. Theres no customer service & no help with your companys.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

The day you dread but the reason you have insurance!

Our girl had to have emergency surgery and have her spleen removed. She has since gone on to require chemo for her cancer. We have never really claimed much on our insurance previously but this is why you have insurance...for the day you hope never comes!

PIA have covered the emergency surgery and all ongoing costs related to her illness without question or push back, we are extremely relieved as the last thing you need when you are incredibly stressed and worried is to have to have a claim challenged.

Charli is doing great and we hope to have many more years with her :)

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Vickie42 for taking the time to share Charli's heartfelt story. It's lovely to know PIA was able to take some of the stress away. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the pet-loving team. Have a great day.

Great Service

The policy is fair value. unfortunately as your dog grows older the cost can become prohibitive.
our claims were resolved quickly and efficiently.
Our dog has been insured since birth which is now just over 10 years.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Eric for sharing your PIA experience and for being such a long and loyal customer. Sending your precious pup a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great day.

smith

smith

Was great ! Claim went thru easily no drama

My cat had a tick and was rushed to emergency, pet insurance made it a smooth as possible in a stressful situation it was one thing I didnt have to worry about

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Smith for your comments and feedback. I hope your cat made a full recovery? Have a great day.

Ros

RosMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent cover and peace of mind

I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who have been covered by PIA since they were both puppies. We have been with PIA for 5 years. Our Cavaliers have had several major health events and PIA was there every time to assist and cover expenses. I would highly recommend PIA to anyone thinking of pet insurance. Having this cover for our fur babies has been one of the best decisions we have made.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Ros for sharing your story and your beautiful photo of your fur-babes! Thanks for brightening our day! Sending a big PIA cuddle to your precious pups.

Great pet insurance cover

We have been with PIA for about 8 years on the same comprehensive cover for our dog. They have been excellent to deal with and have paid every claim we have had over that time period. I would personally not go without pet insurance due to the cost of vet costs. I have and would recommend PIA to my friends and family.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bianca for your lovely words and recommendation. Have a great week.

Insurance policy worked as expected, very unexpected pet illness was covered by PIA

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Louie for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this over to the team to see what has happened and ensure it doesn't again. Have a wonderful day.

Good choice

I'm very satisfied with PIA. It was a good choice. It's easy to set up and easy to lodge a claim. Customer service is very helpful and friendly. Each claim I lodged was resolved within a few days. No problems so far. Strongly recommended.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Uli for your review and strong recommendation. Have a great weekend.

Everette O.

Everette O.Perth, WA

Claim for Lump Removal

Claim DateJuly 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Everette for sharing your PIA story. Have a wonderful day.

Worst company to deal with liars

Nothing but a scam it says 2 months free when you go to join up but nothing but they don't give you 2 free months instead they give you your policy at a discounted rate what turned out to be about 3 dollars less a month was trying to get a hold of them for the past 2 days and they can't even answer thier phones so glad I've cancelled now nothing but a rip off

See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews