• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (104)
    • 2-4 weeks (33)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (5)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (240) · No (11)

Nick

NickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute disgrace

We spend $99/fortnight on insurance for our dog and continually get refused claims when we take her to the vet. This company is impossible to communicate with. Would definitely not recommend.

Joeybaby

JoeybabyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Game Changer ~ PIA a lot less painful to deal with; my vet was much more painful

Being our first claim, I had more trouble getting the necessary documents from the vet, than I had with PIA.

PIA was very prompt and their online portal had live updates on progress of my claim, making things transparent and credible.

Continue with the great work & partnership with customers, and you PIA may well be on your way to becoming a market leader in the pet insurance industry ✨

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Joeybaby, thanks for your lovely comments and for taking the time to post your review. Have a wonderful day.

Chantel S.

Chantel S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

The best decision I've made

I have been with pet insurance australia for almost 2 years as soon as I brought my puppy home. It was easy to set up and the no gap payment option is fabulous.
I got pet insurance in hopes that I'd never have to use it but unfortunately my dog was in an accident which resulted in a severe and expensive injury. Pet insurance australia stepped in and helped, covering 80% of the surgery costs and for this I actually feel like I can breathe. My dog is getting the treatment he needs even though his recovery is a long, long road. Thank you so much.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Pet Insurance Australia Comprehensive Cover compares to other Pet Insurance

DanielGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PLEASE STAY AWAY

My puppy went into anaphylaxis, and I took it to an emergency vet clinic.

The atrocious manner in which this company has handled this claim is ridiculous.

They want vet history for a 4 month period that simply does not exist, yet they constantly keep asking for it. I have sent many emails and spent many times on the phone to try and get them to understand that I cannot give them something that does not exist, it's driving me insane, I have given them all the pet history they asked for when something happed (desexing, etc) but they won't progress my claim because i can't give them pet history for a time period of 4 months, they are unwilling to listen.

DO NO USE PET INSURANCE AUSTRALIA

I have already reported them to AFCA

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Daniel someone from my team will be in touch very shortly to have this resolved and put your faith back in PIA. I hope your puppy is doing well and has made a full recovery. Have a lovely weekend.

Steve2153

Steve2153Sydney, NSW

Absolutely brilliant!

With my current dog, a rescue which came to me at 14 months, I immediately insured her through PIA. Every claim made I have received mostly positive response. Very Happy.

Claudia

Claudia Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Have this insurance gave my dog an extra year of life

Georgie P.

Georgie P.South East Queensland, QLD

Out of pocket for too long after paying my bill

I found the policy easy to set up and have made 2 claims; 1 for a snake bite and 1 for leg issues. The first claim was sorted easily as the vets claimed the money directly through the insurance. The second claim (snake bite) was harder as it was a different vet and we had to pay and then claim it back. It took about a month to get the money back and we had to borrow money from family yo pay the initial bill.
The customer service team were all friendly and as helpful as the could be.
We have been with the company for about 9months.
I think we were naive when we set up the policy, having not had to use the service previously and didn’t realise the costs you still have to pay when making a claim, however this is on us not researching properly.

Stephanie W.

Stephanie W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Quick and easy claim process

I have been with Pet insurance for nearly 4 years this time and previously for 18 years. I have only claimed a few times but each time it’s quick and easy and the money is in my account within days. Most recently I had a big vet bill which would’ve hurt but I felt confident we could afford to pay it due to having pet insurance. I wouldn’t be without it.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Stephanie for posting your feedback on PIA. I hope your pet is doing well? Have a wonderful day.

Mitch CorbyPerth, WA

policy

The policy is rubbish , the access is a ripoff, consequently you pay through the nose .
rarely do I get a claim paid out .
It's a bit of a catch 22, damned if you do damned if you don't .

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Mitch, i'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your claims and policy and i'd like to put you in touch with a Senior Supervisor who can help. Do you have your policy number handy? Thanks, have a great day.

Pet Insurance

Onboarding process is hot garbage

Editing to add update: It's now more than a week after I posted this review and I got a message from PIA asking for my contact details (which they already have). No one has contacted me since my response. They might be better off fixing their internal customer issues rather than performing customer service kabuki on this website.

I have tried to switch my cat's existing policy to PIA. Over the course of a month of multiple calls (I called over 6 times) and emails (I sent about 3), I was unable to get someone to discuss the issue in a comprehensive manner. I also couldn't get anyone to call me back to discuss. I've finally had to stay with my existing provider. Pretty disappointing.

Rukmini S.
Rukmini S.

Hey, fyi - no one has called me since I sent you my contact details 3 days ago. Please don't bother at this point - I won't be switching to you.

PIA gets my highest possible recommendation

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Hazel for sharing your PIA experience with Product Review. I hope your beautiful Border Collie is doing well. I'll be sure to pass over your wonderful comments to my team. Have a lovely day.

Essential for every pet owner!!

I am so glad I took out insurance with Pet Insurance Australia! I got it as soon as I brought home my puppy Milo. I had to make a claim last year when unfortunately he broke his foot. It really helped lift the pressure of all the medical bills and let me focus solely on helping him heal. The claim was very easy and the service was fantastic, I highly recommend as you never know when or how an accident could happen.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Talia for sharing your PIA experience on Product Review. I hope your precious pup is doing well and has made a full recovery? It's lovely to hear that PIA was able to take the pressure off during a very stressful time. Have a lovely weekend.

Talia K.
Talia K.

Hi PIA, yes he has made a full recovery and he’s back to his playful self like nothing ever happened which is fantastic!!!! Thanks again for your service:)

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

That's wonderful to hear. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from our team. Have a great week.

JJB

JJB

I recently upgraded our cover

Quick easy and efficient, I think this is better than the family's medical cover, I have no complaints. I think it is value for money, especially when your pet starts to get older and has a few issues, but you have had the cover since you adopted your rescue pups.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, JJB for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope your pets are doing well? Have a great week.

Dzenita

DzenitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding claim result

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Dzenita for sharing Dash's PIA experience. I hope he's doing well? It's lovely to know PIA was able to reduce some of the stress for you and your family. Sending Dash a big cuddle from the pet-loving team at PIA. Have a great day.

Rocky

RockyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So happy we decided to go with Pet Insurance Australia

We took out insurance with Pet Insurance Australia when our boy Rocky was a puppy. Was so glad we did. We have had to make 2 different claims in the last 2 years. The process to make a claim was so easy and all went so smoothly and was quick. Would highly recommend this company.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks for posting your feedback on PIA and your high recommendation. I hope Rocky is doing well? Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great week.

Super impressed!!

I was so impressed with how helpful and wonderful Pet Insurance Australia were with my recent claims. When I lodged my claim it was super quick to be resolved and the money was in my account the following week. It was a super easy process.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jessica for posting your feedback on PIA. I'll be sure to pass over your lovely comments to the team. I hope your pet is doing well? Have a wonderful week.

D.JU

D.JUGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend to anyone

First-year with pet insurance for my Frenchie puppy. Claim multiple times. Perfect experience so far, very easy to claim and claims are paid fastly. I think ill stay using pet insurance for many years.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, D.JU for posting your feedback to Product Review. I hope your adorable Frenchie is doing well? What a beautiful breed. Have a lovely weekend.

Best Pet Insurance around.

Takes the financial burden out of making the best choice for my fur babies. Easy to claim ,claims are paid quickly and the staff on the phone are friendly and caring.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Rebecca. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA's policies and pet-loving team. I hope your fur babes are doing well. Have a wonderful day.

Pixie

PixieHobart, TAS

Can't fault the comprehensive package offered.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Pixie for sharing your PIA experiences on Product Review. I hope your mischievous Dachshund is doing well and made a full recovery. Such a beautiful breed. Have a wonderful Thrusday.

Efficient, friendly but overly punctilious

The policy is reasonably priced and claims are processed quickly. The call centre staff are friendly and professional. However, claims are nit-picked down to the last detail for Example. an ache in a 6 month old pet can lead to a declined claim 8 years later for a seemingly unassociated disease in the same location. If there is no specific proof showing otherwise, things can be considered pre-existing. Having been in the Insurance claim industry myself, even I find this over the top.

Yogi
Yogi
See all Pet Insurance Australia reviews

Melissa88

Melissa88asked

Comprehensive Cover

Your PDS states IVDD is covered by illness cover, not just accidental. It stipulates that the illness portion of the cover must be listed on the Certificate of Insurance, but my certificate just has the cover name (Comprehensive cover) which IS for accidents and illness.
Without referring me back to the PDS (which hasn’t answered my question) is IVDD covered with your comprehensive cover? Thankfully it isn’t an issue for my pup, but before I renew my insurance I would love a clear answer.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Melissa, yes IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy. As long as your precious pup has shown no signs or symptoms prior to your policy starting. I hope this has been of some help. Have a great day.

Fiona

Fionaasked

Comprehensive Cover

I have the Comprehensive cover for my Dachshund since the beginning of February 2019 and I wanted to know if IVDD is covered if my dog has not shown any signs prior commencement or recently?

Princess
Princess

Hi Fiona just call them and ask them..

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fiona. IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy.

The policy does not cover any Pre-existing conditions prior to the policy commencement or any signs or symptoms that have occurred during the Waiting period.

IVDD (intervertebral disc disease) is also excluded on any accidental injury cover (so make sure you read the PDS and ensure you understand exactly what your precious pups are covered for and what your policy allows - you can find this here - https://www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au/important-notices/

PIA's assessment of known issues with specific breeds (e.g. bad backs) are taken into account in the premium calculation. IVDD is covered in our Major Medical Policy. Hope this helps.

See all Pet Insurance Australia questions