PetBarn Physical store

PetBarn Physical store

See the Best Pet Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love coming here

I can come to this store with my dog, he gets greeted with treats, water, cuddles and i get the best advice as everyone who works here loves animals. Wide variety, a little expensive, but a pleasant place to take my animal to test out the toys and pick some new treats. We can also wash him here too.

Store LocationParramatta

Wow, confused sales team!

Store layout no too bad, but I was unsure about where small animal food was placed as obviously they have a massive emphasis on the larger pets, dogs cats etc etc. which saw me walking in circles. I asked a member of the sales team to simply point me to the part of the store for guinea pig pellets, totally confused the guy that I approached (who had no one around him) told me, sorry im in the middle of serving someone and wouldn't even just point to the area of the store for me to look in .....too difficult for them to just point as they are on their "supposed mission" to serve the other customer. I've been in sales for years and the attitude of this bloke will make me shop elsewhere. This is typical for these types of stores, massive place, 3 people on the sales floor for 25 customers, ridiculous. Shame for this place too, as this was my first and last experience with this company. I bought guinea pig pellets 20kg, cant be bothered uploading my receipt as this place has taken up enough of my time just writing this review.

Store LocationNorth Parramatta

Advice given was for sales, not for pet welfare

I went to petbarn to buy my kids a fish. I bought a 21L tank on the advice of the sales assistant who said I could keep 4 platy fish in it. I went back and bought 2 fish and then read later that a 21L tank is much too small for platy's - they need to swim around more. My husband went in to get a thermometer a few weeks later and came home with a suckerfish (catfish.) Our tank is too small for a suckerfish but the sales assistant sold it to him knowing the size of our tank with no warning that the tank was too small. I went back and after pressing, the manager admitted that the tank was too small. She ultimately said 'We don't like to tell people what to do with their pets.' Except that is why people go to Petbarn. To get advice on how to keep animals in a healthy, humane, safe way and we expect to get advice that reflects that. So yes, I won't be going back for any advice on how to care for animals.

Reasonable range of products, sometimes overpriced.

I have bought many products for my dog here.
The products are of high quality and I have never had a problem with the store.
However, whatever I find in store, I know that I can get online for cheaper. It would be great if they price matched.
The staff are very knowledgeable and can usually answer any question I throw at them. They give great advice on what toys to buy for my dog who loves to chew.
It would be good if they had a larger range of products though.

Store LocationBelrose, Nsw

Dog grooming service

Browns Plains store staff were less than helpful. Didn't inform me when I dropped my dog off that dogs were booked in in groups and that I should expect to wait half a day to pick my dog up. Will definately use mobile groomers in future.

Store LocationBrowns Plains

Always highest prices

Prices always higher than other pet stores, shelf prices say one thing, cashier scans item, and its higher. Fancy feast is cheaper at coles. Been a few times, never again.

Store LocationCastle Hill

Knowledgeable staff and always willing to answer and help.

I would recommend anyone to visit Petbarn especially if you have questions. My dog enjoys visiting as they are welcome in store which is great. They also have Afterpay available which has made a huge difference fo me.

I haven’t had a dog in twenty years. I wanted the healthiest diet as possible and was give information on the top brands, no pressure me to buy one brand over another ... plenty of other items to make any pet happy and healthy.

Store LocationCoffs Harbour, NSW

Courteous Employee, Impossible Job...

It was the first week of the month and my first visit to a Pet Barn store. I needed a particular brand of pet food urgently. I had browsed the online store the night before and saw several 'on line only' deals but I like to support local so in I went.

I thought I'd join PetBarn and buy several $40 food packs. I signed up at the check-out and, when the courteous young man handed me my PetBarn card, he said "Next month you can get 10% off purchases..."
Next month? Next month was more than three weeks away and I needed pet food now. "Sorry", he said... no discount available until next calendar month. I mentioned I could have shopped at home and opted for 'online only' specials, at which time he said "we price match 'online only' specials but we don't have that product"... which, of course, negated the meaning of "online only".

We had a polite discussion about how hard it must be to meet sales targets when my new membership card was useless and I could get free delivery and more choice by shopping on line. So that's what I did... I went home, tore up the PetBarn membership card and spent $120 with another online seller. I won't ever wonder why internet shopping is killing retail business. Sad but true.

Pet Grooming resulted in surgery and stitches

We took our 5month old puppy to box hill pet barn grooming and I received a call to say that unfortunately a cut (graze like) was sustain during grooming. When I collected my puppy it was more than a ‘graze’ it was a deep cut through her paw pad, requiring sedation and stutches. As a result, no walking her for 4 weeks and many sleepless night for all due to the pain she was in. Will not be returning there again and do not recommend.

Store LocationBox hill

Great returns policy

We bought boxes of fancy feast over a year ago as we stock up when they are on special. My cat has just been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and can’t eat fancy feast cans any more. They refunded the whole lot and will donate to the RSPCA as they cannot restock them.

Store LocationChadstone

Would Never Shop Here Again!

PetBarn staff and managers have no idea what’s going on! Their store policies change that many times not even staff can keep up with it, let alone customers. Either match online prices or not. I’m so sick of going to a store only to be told their policy has changed and they can no longer match online prices, but then the next store 3km away tell you a different story. They’re going to lose so many fed up customers this way!

Store LocationPenrith Regentville

My Petbarn Experience

I like Petbarn and its the closest Pet Store worth visiting (1 1/2 hours drive) to me (I live in rural central west NSW) I believe in supporting local, however the local pet stores where I live do not stock an extensive range nor do they cater to my needs nor do they sell super premium foods, so driving to Petbarn (or purchasing online) is a logical choice for me. Petbarn doesn't sell everything I need however I can get most of what I need there and finish off my shopping list online. I found the DIY dog wash a disappointment in my nearest Petbarn store as the water went cold and my dog ended up freezing, and the blow dryer blew cold air as well. This was a few years back and maybe they have fixed this problem but it was not a good experience. The staff at this store are always helpful, lovely and friendly to me and my dogs and I like that a lot.

A Vet Groomer?

Took my two dogs two dogs to Petbarn in Prestons. Never again! Terrible service. Apparently the groomer is a qualified vet. She said about one of my puppy, "your dog is full yeast". I should have walked out. My puppy had been to the vet the day before with a slight skin irritation. Went on to tell me ALL dog food contains poison except one brand! Wow, I did not realise 99% of owners were poisoning their dog!

Went on to contradict my vet by saying the medication wouldn't get rid of my puppy's skin irritation. If you are looking a groomer who happens to be a qualified vet as well then take your dog there, otherwise save yourself time and money and go elsewhere.

Good service - something is always out of stock

I always get dog food from here but it seems like they are always out of royal canin instore and online. I don’t like my dog changing food as it upsets his stomach. The service I cannot fault as they are always very nice.

They love my dog like I do!

We frequent PetBarn on church street, Melbourne. We bring in our border collie, Cliff, as he loves choosing his own treats. Every time we bring him in, the girls and boys behind the counter show him so much love, and have taken the time to teach him new tricks for treats. One lady in particular (I wish I could remember her name) instructed us on teaching him to walk off the lead, and which lead to get. We have never looked back!

Chadstone Pet Barn has appalling service.

Chadstone Pet Barn have groomed my dog for the past five years. So are familiar with his age. After waiting three weeks for an appointment they refused to cut his hair because of his age. They were busy and had obviously overbooked appointments. Manager would not come to phone to explain.

Quality pet items and friendly staff

We use Petbarn at Riverlink Ipswich for our pets' accessories grooming and toys and always find the store to have a large variety of quality items. The staff are friendly and helpful
Most recent purchase was a dog bed for our staffy
High quality and fair price

Recommend petbarn

Excellent phone service

Phoned up nth penrith store, amazing customer service. So helpful even though didn't stock what I was looking for, suggested other options

Misleading promotion

Received scrachie before Xmas, it shows 20% discount off pet food for the month of January. When I went in to the store to use it, the staff showed me the very small prints to state the discount only applies to certain brands.
What’s the point of such promotions with so many restrictions? The staff told me many customers were disappointed like me.
I later found the same product online, it was $30 cheaper with free delivery.

False product and erroneous plant advice

Purchased three aquatic plants from Petbarn: Amazon Swords, Lilaeopsis and Borneo Swords. I asked at the time whether the plants have any special requirements such as lighting, temperature, etc. Was told that the plants have no special needs. Turns out, Borneo swords are non-aquatic and will rot in my aquarium in a few months. Amazon Swords have a high light requirement.