Pickles Auctions Questions & Answers

Verifiedpickles.com.au
Barbara F.
Barbara F.

is the condition report reliable

robsterlo
robsterlo

No you cannot rely on condition report you need to get vehicle examined by your own people

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Barbara, Our description are a body appraisal based purely on an external walk around. There may be other damage including rust that is unsighted, mechanical and/or electrical issues, or missing parts, that will not be contained in the description and it remains the buyer's responsibility to make enquiries and be satisfied with the condition and state of repair.

The motor vehicle may have been stored and/or transported outdoors at any or all times and subjected to the elements of weather including, but not limited to, rain and/or hail. Images and recordings displayed on the website form part of the description of the motor vehicle however should not be relied upon solely, and may not represent ‘all damage’ to the motor vehicle.

Whilst every effort is made in the preparation of this description, it is a 'guide' only and no guarantee or warranty whatsoever is made as to the accuracy of the information contained within.

Len
Len

Good afternoon I bought vespa scooter Repairable wright-off $1088 from Pickles auction in Melbourne. After repair I call for make inspection they say I can't its statutory write-off Than I contact Pickles Auction, after two month we agree they pay together $2788 including for transport to Adelaide, parts, Paint. Not for labor approximately 25h+ $250 and other cost .Problem is we not agree they want scooter first than after 2 weeks to 1 month Pickles pay. I ask tham if they pay Bank check on pickup time they refuse. What is your suggestion can I drop to Adelaide Pckles and receive Bank Check on time delivery or seek lawyer or ombudsmen. Thank you. Regards Len

Pete
Pete

Len as far as I know if it’s a statuary write off it cannot be registered in South Australia.
I suggest contacting the SA vehicle Registration department for more details

Ken D.
Ken D.

Len as far as I know all states in Aus there are two classes of write off's, repairable which can be repaired and relicensed after inspection, an non repairable which can not be re registered ever parts only, I owned a smash repair for around 20 years and there is no way i would buy a repairable write off, (they are hard to resell) although I see some dumb over priced bid's for them I fully do not recommend buying them

Mahinda
Mahinda

I recently bought a Hyundai santafe by bidding online from pickle Canberra. I checked the condition report and no issues mentioned. But after the purchase i found out an oil leak from engine and the mechanic said that it is from turbo and costing about $2000 to fix it. how can i get a solution for this from pickle.

regards
Mahi

Heath
Heath

Does pickles auctions believe that misleading advertising of salvage vehicles as in condition reports not accurately describing the damage to gain a higher price is a fair or honest trading practice for example a land cruiser I purchased as a crashed vehicle for $25000.00 listed as mechanical or electrical issues impact damaged that was driven after the accident until the engine ejected connecting rods which Pickles’s knew about via ppsr causing a $15000.00 dollar loss to me and the stress that goes with it and when you complain about it you’re basically laughed at and told it’s your fault you should have done your own checks (you can’t inspect the vehicles in person though) so maybe I was supposed to have a vision into the future!!!
I believe that this is deceptive and misleading behaviour which is unacceptable

sunny
sunny

If a vehicle purchased at Pickles auction has mechanical issues, such as a damaged gearbox or engine, which are unacceptable, how can I apply for a refund?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Sunny, Thank you for your question. Pickles offer a condition report which h is based on a visual walk-around only, no mechanical checks are done.

When you purchase from Auction, all Lots are bid on and purchased on an ‘as is, where is’ basis.

The Buyer assumes all risk in relation to a Lot from the fall of the hammer.

Gavin N.
Gavin N.

How long you keep records of past salvage sales for?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Gavin, It depends on the information you are after. If you can please email us at info@pickles.com.au one of our friendly staff can help.

Geoff

I have posted a review but want to ask:
Do you really think it is fair for a buyer to bid on a salvage vehicle that you won’t allow them to inspect prior to bidding? There is only so much you can see in photos and I don’t believe a Pickles “ inspector” would be as thorough as a buyer.
Your opposition, Manheim, allow inspections prior to bidding which is quite fair.

chris
chris

Since when did fairness have anything to do with with much in life? Pickles simply learned during the pandemic that sale prices and therefor revenue didn't suffer at all from lack of customer viewings. Plus they save a small fortune with handling and security etc etc and can still charge over the top fees, so profits increased. Once they learned that, Pickles were never going back to on site inspections, at least not until their analysis tells them it's hurting their bottom line.

Frabzf
Frabzf

Bought a repairable write off a few days ago, they hid some damage in the vechicle. I am now taking a huge loss.
You are right about physical viewing, if the hurt to there bottom line is not too bad they still won't go back to physical viewing.
Covid has show them the way to profit

Geoff

As they haven’t responded to my review or question, seems like they aren’t interested.
Suggest anyone reading this should exercise caution when bidding on unsighted salvage vehicles.
Better off dealing with Manheim, who allow viewing salvage items.
I’m interested to know why Pickles see viewing damaged vehicles as an OH&S concern.

Peter Z.
Peter Z.

Hi Geoff, what an excellent question. I wonder if under NSW Consumer law whether this is actually legal. It should be a consumer right to be able to physically inspect the assets unless Pickles refunds everybody that is not happy with their purchase especially if damage disclose is questionable. An application to NCAT Sydney is only $54.00.

Emily C.
Emily C.

Is there a minimum bid for certain cars? Like bidding starts at $10,000?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Emily, Great question, Yes there is a minimum starting bid on assets.

The starting bid is based on the asset and can change from vehicle to vehicle. Once an auction is live you will be able to see the minimum bid.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to one of our locations external link

Kind Regards

Psth
Psth

How can we registered a unregistered vehicle we bought from pickle?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Great question Psth. Each State and Territory is different.

Here is a useful link external link  however my recommendation would be to contact your local transport department to be 100% sure.

Many Thanks
Sam @ Pickles

Blake

Hey I bought a car today just wondering when I should be expecting the email with the invoice

Hey Blake,
Sorry I can’t help you with your query. I bought my car in the “Fixed Price Car Sales” section of Pickles at Belmore NSW not the auction area.
I was handed the invoice when I was at the Pickles warehouse on the day I committed to buy the car.
I hope you enjoy your car as much as I am enjoying driving mine.
Regards Me

Blake

Ofcourse no problem thanks for the feed back I’ve put in a payment I should be getting it when the money comes through there end

Blake

Hey I just won the auction for a Hyundai i30 and am wondering how long it can be for me to go and pick it up

Hey Blake,
Again I can’t help you as I arranged to pick up my car after I had transferred the money from my bank and verified it had been received by Pickles. This was five days later as I had to wait on a friend to take me to collect my car. I had arranged this day on the day I committed to buy the car,
Sorry Me.

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Blake, In most cases, you can collect the vehicle once the invoice is paid in full. I would recommend calling the location where the vehicle is and our friendly staff will be happy to help.

jameslambert
jameslambert

Why is Pickles still using COVID as an excuse to not allow car inspections? We can have 20,000 at a footy game, or 1,000 at the pub next door to Pickles Salvage, but they won't allow half a dozen people in their outdoor yard! The rest of the country has moved on; it's just a lazy business. Even though it's a salvage auction, some of those cars go for well over $20k, and have minimal damage. We are supposed to satisfy ourselves about the condition of a car from photos that sometimes don't show any damage at all; let's be honest, we aren't talking professional photos here. Are there keys included? What state was it last registered in? There is no point selling a WA repairable write off in ACT, as it cannot be re-registered here. Even an ex-Queanbeyan car can't be registered in ACT. I will not bid top dollar for any car until I get to see it in the flesh.

darpy

I agree,the photos and condition report do not show enough detail to make a considered judgement on the vehicles. Its just lazy on Pickles behalf. Even if they took pics of each point mentioned in the condition report it would be better. Covid is not a viable excuse anymore, and it is just lazy Pickles

darpy

I spoke with one of the Pickles staff on the phone number and she told me you can visit Pickles sites for inspections of cars at Darwin, Perth, Adelaide and a couple of others, but not Sydney!! Go figure.

Serana N.
Serana N.

OK so what is the process
1. Sign in online
2. Read report is this RWC equivalent?
3. Will report inform as to whether or not the vehicle is drive able, or has any mechanical defects?
4. Do you provide warranty? If so how much for how long and does it cover all mechanical defects?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Serana, Thank you for your question.

Yes, the first step would be to sign up to MyPickles.

Once you find the asset you like we strongly encourage you to read the condition report, this report is a visual walk around only and isn't a mechanical check, so to answer yours question, No it is not a RWC equivalent.

If a fault is known to Pickles then we do detail this in the condition report however with our inspections being visual only not all faults are known if any.

Some assets sold do come with a roadworthy and/or existing manufacture warranty, its best to check with the branch or manufacture on a case by case bases.

Extended warranty external link  and finance external link  are both available at Pickles

If you have any more questions you can find a lot of answers via our FAQ's or if you call your local branch they will be more then willing to help
external link

Best of Luck

Gavin S.
Gavin S.

My elderly mother's car has just written off. No fault of her own & if she was 2 buy through U what is the process of purchasing a car & arranging transport of vehicle 2 broken hill

Pickles Auctions   DM

Thank you for your question Gavin, We are sorry to hear about your mother losing her car.

Best course of action is to contact the Pickles location which is holding her vehicle, you can find the branch contact details here external link  , the branch will be able to let you know when and how the vehicle is being sold and can also walk you through the bidding process.

With regards to transport we have a dedicated transport team. To enquire about freight, simply email NTSbuyertransport@pickles.com.au or call Pickles National Transport Services on 1300 022 945.

If you are unsure which Pickles location the vehicle is located at, I would recommend contacting the insurance company first.

Best of luck and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Caroco
Caroco

I want to bid for a car. I have tried to sign up and it won't accept my drivers licence number.
I asked my son to sign up and buy the car and then I will buy it from him. The Pickles system will not accept his credit car details.
The bidding for the car, I want to bid for, closes at 8pm tonight (6/2/2022).
The office doesn't open until tomorrow morning.
What can I do?

Pickles Auctions   DM

My apologies for the issues you and your son have experienced. You can contact our support team on 1800 005 336 or email support@pickles.com.au

Garry
Garry

Don't buy otherwise you will get ripped off

Telco engineer
Telco engineer

Internal surface rust or water damage under seats? This wasn't on Pickles report prior to buying. Will Pickles make good under 3 month warranty??

Pickles Auctions   DM

Hi Telco, I would need to know more information about your purchase before I can answer your question. If you can please send us an email with a copy of your invoice I can look into this for you. CX@pickles.com.au Speak soon, Many Thanks Sam

Luce

I'm interested in buying a new car but we are currently in lockdown so I can't inspect it. Does Pickles have any processes in place to ensure buyer confidence? If so, what are they are how can I find more information on them?

Pickles Auctions   DM

Good Morning Luce, Great question. All our vehicles have a condition report available online, There are a few places on our website that you can find this report, One way is to click on the vehicle you are interested in, below the vehicle image you will see the description box, in this box is a link to the condition report. You can also view on the search results screen just under the view button.

All our branch locations are happy to help and answer any questions, Here is a link to all of our locations and their contact information. Once you find a vehicle you like feel free to pop the branch a call and they can answer any addition questions out the asset that you may have. external link

Best of luck and we hope you find your dream car soon. Thanks Sam

Luce

Thank you so much for your fast reply Sam. I love checking the Pickles website for cars as there are always new ones (I can dream). I have also found the condition reports which is very helpful.

PJ Tan

Do I need to have my finance approved before I buy a car? This is my first car - I'm getting a little over whelmed with sorting out things needed for this purchase.. Does Pickles have finance too?

Mark
Mark

I don't know if pickles auctions have finance, but you can put a deposit down for car and pay balance later, speak to pickles for more info, im only a person who had money to buy the car I got...

Lyle H.
Lyle H.

I don't know but being an auction house I would say that you need to have funds prior to buying. I suggest you contact Pickles as I am only a buyer like yourself.

Pickles Auctions   DM

Good Morning PJ, Yes Pickles offers finance. Simply choose which finance type you need and apply online or over the phone, One of our finance managers will then be in touch.
Here is a link to our finance page external link  .
If you plan on bidding at auction we ask that you have your finance approved before bidding.
Best wishes Sam

Awesome thanks Sam!

Angelina Alam
Angelina Alam

My Name is Angelina, I want to sale my car, please let me know how I can do it thru you and how much cost you take and how long it will take to sale it please?
My email is : [email removed]

Ralph G.
Ralph G.

Please give details about car. Year model klms condition service records etc

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Why avoid contacting them directly

J Crawford
J Crawford

My daughter had her vehicle sold by Pickles at Tamworth on the 2nd July only to be advised a week later the buyer had freighted it to Sydney but had pulled out of the sale because of a mechanical issue.
She was told the sale had been withdrawn and she was now being charged for the costs of the buyer transporting the vehicle to Sydney and return.
Now she has been notified she has an accrued fee of $924 with an additional storage fee of $66 each day it remains in the Pickles yard which they have told her they would waive if she picked the vehicle up by 18th August.
What part of the terms and conditions am I missing? I understand if I buy it’s on an ‘as is, where is’ basis with no guarantee or warranty.
Why is my daughter being bullied with these stand over tactics?

Get an answer from our members and Pickles Auctions representatives