Plantation Homes

Plantation Homes

Great home. loving it

First of all, i am happy with overall building process with plantation homes except for a few issues during the pre construction phase. House looks beautiful and met all our expectations. i built the Retreat 27 with Campbell facade. I have looked at multiple designs from various builders and finally decided to build the Retreat 27 which met all our expectations. we have made some changes to the plan, to make the house a bit bigger than 27. The initial phase with guys at Harmony display village in Sunshine coast was great. James at the display village sat with us and explained everything in detail as we were novice builders. He was very patient and helped us getting the right plan and design we wanted. All his suggestions were very helpful and contributed towards making our first home better than we thought. The initial phase went quick and well.
The second phase, which is the administrative phase where we had few issues.
Firstly, the colour selection went well as we did some homework before we went hence it was easy to select what we wanted. few more options at the display centre would have been great..
Electrical selections were we had most issues, I reckon, the person we had to deal with, did not have much idea about the electrical aspects of the house other than selling the electrical package to me. She did not ask us anything about the provisions for the ceiling fans, and as it was a busy day we forgot to mention that to her, after signing the things we remembered about this on our way back home, and we contacted the centre to see whether they could add this without additional cost. we couldn't get hold of them, hence I emailed her that night itself. The next morning i received an email stating i have to pay additional $250.00 for the administration work to add those provisions for ceiling fans. So i had to pay $250.00 for something that they have forgotten to ask. They also did not submit the plan as per covenant requirement and hence it was rejected from the council once, which delayed the whole process for another month. ( more money for land mortgage to the bank).
Construction phase was really good, Colin the site supervisor has done a fantastic job, he has given importance to even the minute things that we wouldn't even look for and got changed with the tradies/installers. the house got handed over in time as promised. They also have completed all the small jobs that needed to be completed after the handover without much reminders.

overall, we are very happy with our beautiful first home and plantations homes as the builder.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019

DA00054722 - Project no 47342

We have built two homes in the past with another builder and they don’t come close to the build experience we had with Plantation. The build process from start to Finnish was great, we were always well informed and the site Forman was one of the best site personal I have ever dealt with being in the construction industry myself.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

KDR Plantation Brighton in QLD

This is my 3rd time building. First 2 times were with Metricon. We went with Plantation this time, because of the inclusions that came standard (actually more like the promo that had at the time). Without having to upgrade too much outside of the promotion, you get a pretty nice house.
With Plantation, I have next to no complaints, of course there was some hiccups here and there, but that's to be expected. Any issues that arose where resolved in a timely manner. A lot probably also depends on who you deal with. We had a few different administration people along the way, which was fine since we didn't make that many changes or upgrades. Then onto construction, our Site Manage was awesome. He was very easy going and accommodating to any requests we had. We actually didn't talk that much, because everything was pretty much under control.
Overall we are pretty happy with our time with Plantation.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

End result is good but pre-construction process is soooooooo long

Contract no 47066. Approval no 00054035

We looked at many display houses and spoken to many builders quotes, we love the Plantation Homes's house plan the most. The sales consultant is lovely, we paid our deposit but didn't really hear back from Plantation Homes until 2-3 weeks after deposit which I found that being bit slow. Went to our tender appointment and was frustrated that the site cost is under-quoted by almost $10k! Plantation Homes is pretty flexible with the construction changes but every little changes would take the estimation team and the drafting team 2 weeks to finish the updated plan and give me the new pricing.

Colour appointment was a bit of rush and I wish the colour consultant can be bit more thorough and provide more option such as little upgrade that we may not think of at that time (e.g. carpet underlay, niche aluminum angle).

The worst part is after signing the contract on early Aug, our electrical appt is not til end of Aug, and we won't be able to get the "after contract variation" 2 weeks after the electrical appt. We have already settled on our land and have been paying for the land every month, so the lengthy wait is just very frustrating as my broker can't complete the building contract loan until we get the "after contract variation".

Finally the construction started on early Oct 2018 and move in to our new house by end of Feb 2019. The construction process went smoothly thanks to our Site Supervisor who has been very helpful and accommodating. We are pretty happy with the end result. The admin team throughout the process has generally be helpful and prompt in replying queries. I think I would recommend Plantation Homes to others but I would warn them about lengthy wait at the admin stage, I would give a 4 and a half star if the admin side is not such a long wait.

We love our new home!

Gary Chappell was our site supervisor and he was outstanding. Our build came in well under time without compromising on quality, he communicated very effectively with us and was easy to talk to.
The standard of our home build is what we expected, and our standards are high! Quality finishes and workmanship throughout.
Administration staff were helpful and our sales person, Simon, was exceptional and responded quickly to all of our enquiries. The only criticism we have was getting a brand new staff member for our colour selection. This was very stressful as she was quite ineffective and of little help.
The final cost was what we were quoted, we made very few changes during construction.
We would highly recommend Plantation Homes and would not hesitate to build with them again in the future.

Construction End DateMarch 2019

New home build by Plantation

We signed our contract in Sep 2017 for a Sahara Belle Q3 and construction was completed in May 2018.

From the start, we were happy with the tender and colour selection process however there was some back and forward required regarding site costs. This came down to Plantation initially not accepting the soil compaction certificates provided by our land developer which would have introduced approx $15k of extra slab piering. Eventually we were able to provide further certificates from our developer which Plantation agreed to, however I felt at the time Plantation were potentially putting the pressure on us to agree to the extra site costs.

The only other problem we found during the pre-build phase was our electrical consultation. At the time, Plantation outsourced this consultation to a subcontractor (I understand Plantation now do this in-house probably due to other complaints). Being our first build, while we had completed a fair bit of research prior to the consultation we felt we were not provided any advice regarding our selections and were not given clear answers to some of our pretty basic questions regarding recommended number of downlights for different sized rooms or NBN integration.

Once we moved into the construction phase, we found our site supervisor to be excellent. The site was kept clean and secured and the site supervisor was prompt in responding to emails. We were satisfied with every stage of the build and the handover process.

The only minor issues we had throughout the build included our wall and floor tiles being laid the wrong way around in all of our wet spaces (this was rectified at Plantation's expense). We also had the wrong colour kitchen splash back installed and this was also rectified at Plantations expense. All I can say is make sure you take pictures of everything you select during the colour selection consultation (including the name of the colour) as we did end up relying on some of our photos to prove Plantation was at fault.

Overall I would build with Plantation again and we were very satisfied with the build process. We have been living in our house for approximately 9 months now and have not experienced any defects.

Construction End DateMay 2018

Smooth sailing to our dream Panama 33

From the sales person at the display home through to the start of construction our experience with plantation was first class.

Our Plantion site supervisor Reece from the Gold Coast was fantastic, communication was very easy with him. He managed the build effortlessly, efficiently, and with accuracy.

For a high volume builder the quality control is/was above standard.
Once completed we actually had money back from provisional sums that were not used during the build.
This being our second build We would definitely have plantation 1st on the list for our next build.

New Home Build by Plantation Homes

The overall build of new home was managed by experienced supervisor and his team very well. I felt that without such an excellent team it would not been possible to complete.

There is no doubt what is promised contractually was delivered without compromising any quality or brand. I had peace of mind in choosing Plantation Homes as my builder.

I would say there were minor issues that came up during and post construction. Customer service was great and they could fix the issues in reasonable and acceptable time frame. I am fully satisfied with such a nice and professional guys working for Plantation Homes.

There was zero variance compared to initial contract and final built/delivery of home. Every minor to major selections were done after the initial contact and captured. I felt there is a room for improvements for the selection process to achieve better results and save some time for home owners.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi MohanP, Thank you very much for your 5 star review. We believe that providing a high level of customer service, along with support and guidance is the key to a memorable experience and we are pleased to read that you agree - our team will be thrilled to receive your kind words. Congratulations on settling in your brand new home! Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Great design the build was ok but nothing to make Plantation stand above the competition.

The construction period to handover was well within the programme. The site supervisor was very helpful and generally kept us up to date with progress. Any issues we had were addressed in a timely manner by both the head office staff and the site supervisor. It appeared that our site supervisor was a bit stretched at times as he had quite a few home builds to oversee.
The biggest issue overall was the lack of attention to detail with the trades, reading drawings incorrectly, some shoddy workmanship, especially the painters and housekeeping around the site was poor.
The amount of waste due to excess materials, especially bricks and tiles was very concerning. This was common to all builders though and it all went to landfill. Had the estimators been a bit more diligent maybe the cost would have been more competitive for Plantation.
Another area for improvement is during the selection of finishes and electrical requirements. The apparent expertise in these areas could have been better. We chose a standard roof tile only to have it rejected later due to a covenant restriction, a $4000 hit. I think asking where furniture might be placed would in the location of the lights. The dining room table for example, so the lights can be centred to the table location.
Maybe a scheduled inspection for the owners, built into the programme, at agreed stages would assist in identifying issues before they arise.
The site supervisor could have a trainee or assistant to support him allowing him more time to oversee the trades.
We were within 10% of our budget.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Plantation Homes have built us a great home to live in

Taylor Clarke was a great Construction Manager to work with and was very accommodating with including us throughout the stages of our build.
All workmanship wand quality was great
Issues I have post construction is that the outside paint on walls is peeling off and I have only been in the house 5 weeks. Also the paint on the walls inside take in alot of marks and I thought that we were getting a better quality of paint that would remove marks easier.
Also I had an issue with the design of my kitchen benchtop which I always thought would have an overhang so I could sit at the kitchen bench. I only realised this was not the case when the bench had already been completed. It is now costing me approximately $1500 to have changed.
We had a few electrical and plumbing issues just after we moved in and was extremely happy with the fast response to have the issues resolved.
The final cost of our build was well over what our estimated cost was. However we are happy with the outcome.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Hi Tracey Taylor, Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to read that overall, you had a positive experience with us! Congratulations on settling in your new home! Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Make sure all the work items are done....

Contract no 47019. Approval no 00052312. The pre-contract process was very long, nearly six months. It took another six months to get the Building Approval from the contract signing which is too long time with compared to only 2 months with other builders. However, the building time was one month lesser than agreed. But, as a overall, it took longer than normal. There were some contract items that were not constructed before the handover date. I still have to chase up many different people to get the outstanding items done, and not completed yet.

Good Build & Happy with the finished product

We chose to build with Plantation Homes due to all the inclusions and being first home owners, we were able to get alot "upgrades" included as standard that usually other builders would class as a upgrade, which saved us money. We had a good experience overall with the administration & build process. The administration phase was on time, with little delay and the expected wait times were met. During the build we had one argument, however plantation & i were able to resolve this quickly. We were very happy with the customer service from our Site Supervisor & Administrator. Our site supervisor had a high attention to detail and we are very happy with the finishes. There was a couple of bumps and scratches, but nothing major and these all were fixed within 2 weeks after handover. We are very happy with the house and we love our little home.

- Building Approval Number: PCG BA 52 450

- Build Location: Baringa

- Home Design: Sahara 32

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Stephanie Lawlor, Thank you so much for your 4 star review. We are overjoyed to read that you had a great experience with us, and are very satisfied with the quality of your new home. Congratulations on settling in your brand new home and we wish you many happy years living in it! Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Rocky start to and exceptional finish

House we choose to build is the carmelle 28 miller façade - Job Number : 46952

First point of contact we had was at the rochedale display centre where the carmelle is on display. No name - greeted us and took us through the display houses where we decided we liked the carmelle as it sits our lot the best due to how the alfresco is placed in the middle of the house.
All I can say is he needs to work on his manners and stop eating while people are trying to talk to him in regards to signing a contract and asking important questions before we take it any further. This is how most dealings with would end up , quite quick to answer your question without paying any attention as to what I am actually asking him which I find quite rude of a sales person who works for a big company like plantation homes who is the best builder in qld.

Besides this point my other rude dealings with – no name - where a much larger problem as when me and my wife went through the carmelle 28 display at rochedale for the second time before signing the contract we wanted to double and triple check everything again. We loved all the tiles they used , the carpet and their front door .

I went from room to room asking him specific questions “ are these specific tiles that are laid in this ensuite , bathroom , powder room and laundry all included in my contract price I sign today “ answer I got back was yes they are but you have plenty others to choose from that are also included. Same answer I received back in regards to the carpet and the door . I was happy as anyone could be signed my contract ad awaited a call to do my colour selection. Now for him to say this and on the day I went for my colour selection to find out every single specific tile on that display home he said is included all was extra charge for me , same as the door and the carpet is absurd if you do not know the answer do not answer me back say “ I do not know but I can find out for you” much easier to make a phone call then to make stuff up like he did and later I was called “ a liar as I sent an email which was forwarded to his manager , he spoke to him and it was clarified in a sense that I am making things as – no name - stated that he would never say that but the funny part is it was -no name - self who said “ we get really good training to know what tiles and included and which are not “ no time to argue the point pay extra charges for tiles and front door and be done with it and move on.

Next stage was colour selection with – no name - and that was a breeze went so smooth and her knowledge is extensive and gives really good advice. Main issue that was faced is not enough samples of pints and stains for doors and wall paints. Studio needs be bigger with more samples to choose from. Pleasure to deal with 2 hours flew buy with everything chosen.
I finally got my first admin person appointed and it was – no name - lovely girl who I had pleasure of working with. Always there to answer your questions that be in person , via phone or email. Prompt with her work and was a pleasure to have her on the journey which lasted not long as she was leaving on maternity leave and my file was taken over buy - no name - which was amazing also was there to hep whenever was needed.

Words can not explain how lovely it was to deal with both ladies as they made it a pleasure to build house unlike the horror stories you hear from other people. I think it comes down to who takes your file and how you treat them and how you want to be treated. We are all humans and make mistakes so people need to accept that these things will happen and do happen. Yes it happened with my house build but one email or phone call had it fixed. No reason swearing , yelling and abusing people as it is all fixed buy simple words “ I believe I did not sign this and should be exactly how I signed the contract “ ….. ( I will not lie I did lose my nerve on a couple of occasions never swore or yelled but I did apologise for my behaviour and explained why I did what I did ) dealing with – no name - left a bad image for me of the company and it kept playing inside my head but I could see the tables have turned now and it is running smooth.

File has progressed to – no name - was really lovely to deal with the times i did as most of my dealings where with ANDREW MASS as he was my site supervisor.

From what I have read and heard is that most people with bad experiences have had bad site supervisors and luck was on my side. From the first time me and andrew spoke not was I only assured I knew that I had very little to check on the work and do drive buy the lot and see how things are going. He was firm and prompt and explained the whole process to me ( nothing passes without his approval and that is beginning from the slab till keys are handed over to me. Hard to explain in words but you need to have him as a site supervisor to understand how easy things went , how smooth everything was. He is that kind of person who is not like other supervisors who do not care how it gets done but it needs to get done. He is proud of his work , his tradies and the finished product. He involves himself like he is building his own home and treats it like his own baby that is being cradled to sleep. I spoke to every single tradie on site and have all told me the exact same thing that he is the best supervisor to work for in plantation as it is easy to get along with him and understand what he requires of them. Main reason why all of them always come and work on his jobs and are more than happy to do so and so was I happy having them on my house as I know the job quality will be 150%.

One example on the day of our defects walkthrough he literally found every single issue two days prior and had it fixed so on our walkthrough we hardly picked anything up. (I only know as I was there with him two days prior and saw the blue dots being laid down ) all I got back was yeah I know I am pretty obsessed about it as I want you guys to have a great finished product and be happy with how we have done. It is visible his main goal is you as a client but he as treats you as a friend who has known you for a long time but in fact only meet you not long ago. Finding someone truly passionate about his work I hard but this man is and always will be passionate about what he does and deserves all the praise from plantation homes as he is the front face of the company who should be proud to have him as a site supervisor. Best example how much he takes care of his work “ in the ensuite feature wall the tiles are laid in a herringbone pattern and the tilers could not cut out a really small small triangular piece to fit in “ he was going on about it for weeks that he will cut a piece and put it in as it drives him crazy every time he sees it, until I told him do not worry about it does not bother me at all forget that it is there. Just the kind of person he is and how much pride he takes in his work. It was a pleasure to deal with andrew, icould not thank him enough for the work that has been completed on our dream house. I am glad to have had him as a site sueprvisor and glad I can call him a friend. Best site supervisor I have ever worked with and that I have ever heard off. Read and seen some horrors happen over the year but I take my hat off to andrew and all site supervisor could learn thing from him or too in how to be a site supervisor and take pride in your work.

Finally hand over day was scheduled with steve who is andrews manager. From the moment I walked in I knew it would be a pleasure to deal with him. Easy to get along with , explains all you need to know , gave advice on other things we are doing around the house our self’s. I have high things to say both about him an andrew as both take pride in their work , show appreciation when a client is actually understanding and complying. I spoke to steve more like a mate that a client and expressed my gratitude and how happy I am with andrew as a site supervisor and recommend him to anyone . Reply I got back from steve told me that every review andrew has got has been a positive one from
every client.
I thanked him and appreciated all of his work , his site supervisors and all of the tradies.

Andrew and steve are living legends and it was a pleasure to be on this journey with both of you. I hope in the future I can have both of you overlooking one of my project as I know it will be built like your own home. My doors are always opened for both of you fellows and I keep the beer pretty cold.
To everyone looking to build with plantation do not hesitate to do so there is a reason why they are qld best builder and will be for a long time running. I have been through plenty so called big builders homes and none come close. I shall stop boring you with my review just go sign that contract at the surrounds display centre amazing team there and the displays are breathtaking. You will be looked buy the team down there but hurry lots are selling quick

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi lot 152 NR, Thank you very much for your 5 star review! It is lovely to hear you has such a great experience building your new home with us. Congratulations on settling and we wish you many happy years in your new home. Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Finally got there!!!

Our fiirst experience wasn’t great and we considered losing our deposit, due to poor communication causing unnecessary delays. We were rushed through our colour appointment and weren’t offered any expert advice or guidance during this process. We were made to feel that it was an inconvenience for us being there. As we moved past this point and onto construction we were assigned an excellent admin person, where no question or issue was any trouble to answer or solve, always in a timely manner. Our site supervisor progressed our build quickly and addressed any issue promptly. We did find however any variance to the contract was missed and had we not been proactive during our build these variances would have been near impossible to rectify. Most problems arising in the first month after handover were completed promptly.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Great sales and building staff, terrible administration processes

We had a very mixed bag of experiences with Plantation. Our process started with our sales person - [name removed] - who was fantastic. We found [name removed] to be knowledgeable, helpful, professional and a fountain of accurate knowledge. The whole sales part of the experience was smooth, and there was never a point that we felt things were said just to get us to sign on the bottom line.

The next stage was the tender and contract phase, which was a huge let down that is still causing us headaches after the handover of our new home. Both the tender and contract appointments were long and frustrating. Our tender and construction consultant - [name removed] - was unhelpful and bordering on rude most of the time. We also raised and requested certain things that we were told were not possible, only to find out later (after it was too late) that it absolutely was possible and would have simply required a little more effort on her part. For example, we wanted to have our required retaining walls on the boundary line of our property, but were informed by [name removed] that that wasn't allowed and the walls had to be 400mm inside the boundary line to accommodate the concrete footings on our property. We have now discovered that the retaining walls, which cost us $13,000, could have gone on the boundary line as long as we obtained permission from our neighbours, which would have just taken a little longer. So now, for no reason other than laziness and at significant cost to us, we have lost 40cm on the perimeter of most of our property as unusable and dangerous space between the fence and retaining wall, that our kids, dog or cat could hurt themselves falling down. During the build process, even our plantation builder questioned why we didn't put the retaining walls on the boundary line, as we now have this dangerous, narrow gap. We have since engaged a number of landscapers, who have told us the retaining wall is dangerous as it is not on the boundary line, and recommend we remove the retaining walls and rebuild them 40cm over, to get rid of the 1.2m narrow drop. In the meantime we will have to pay for extra high fences so that there is a decent height behind the 1.2m retaining walls, as the fence can't go straight on top of the retaining walls inside our property line. We had an abundance of issues like this with [name removed], and also felt she was impatient, had no understanding or empathy, and was judgemental, argumentative and condescending when we questioned or wanted to change things to get them right.

The other big issue we had with [name removed] and the tender and contract stage, was the order of this process. We had to keep picking things and making decisions on layouts, materials, window formats and other big decisions, without any indication of price. Then we had to wait around for days to weeks for the prices to come back, and make changes or request new quotes from there. Throughout this process, [name removed] was impatient and irritable every time we wanted to make a change, and applied a lot of pressure about how we needed to decide quickly as we were approaching cut off dates. However when no indication of price is given, this is very difficult. It's easy to say yes, we want shaker profile doors on the kitchen cabinets instead of the flat ones, but when the quote for this small change comes back as an extra $12,000, you need to be patient and understand that we want this removed from the contract, as it's not worth the price. [name removed] was not understanding of these frustrations at all, and continually reiterated that she had been doing this for a long time, and this was the best possible process, despite how unhappy we were with it. We always asked for ball park figures on items however were told every time that was not possible.

The colour and material selection was another disappointing part of the process. While our appointment with our colour consultant - [name removed] - went well, and was very quick because we knew what we wanted, again it was super frustrating that even ball park indications of prices for upgrades were not given. I can't see any reason why neither [name removed] or [name removed] could not give us verbal price indications for common things, because our sales person - [name removed] - gave estimations for everything we asked for, that turned out to be extremely accurate when we got to the contract stage. After our appointment we had weeks of back and forth over the colour documentation, as there was very little attention to detail. For example, in our appointment we had chosen all matte black products for our ensuite, and chrome throughout the rest of the house, but our colour documents that we were asked to sign had random black hardware scattered amongst the chrome throughout the house. There were quite a few issues like this, with wrong grout colours and so on. [name removed] also recommended a paint colour for the external cladding that we were not able to replace with brick, that would "blend in" to the brick colour we had chosen. Now that the house is built, the colour looks ridiculous and jars badly with the brick, and we will need to paint it. We were also extremely disappointed that mainstream design features like shaker profile cabinets and matte black fittings were exorbitantly expensive and difficult to obtain through Plantation's chosen suppliers.

The rest of the admin and colour processes were OK - nothing special but nothing terrible. Again we were given poor information from [name removed] who said we could only do one appointment per day, meaning we had to take A LOT of time off work over this time. There seemed to be no reason for this, as we were always done in plenty of time. Our administrators were nice enough but seemed like unnecessary middle-people - every question or query we had was simply passed on to [name removed] or [name removed], or later our builder [name removed], which just slowed down the process. We also got passed around a lot - our initial administrator was [name removed], then we were handed over to [name removed], then once we got to the building stage we started with [name removed], and then were moved to [name removed], which was a bit annoying. The initial one hour Saturday morning tour of Cosham studios (where you pick colours and materials) was really helpful though, and the ability to visit the material suppliers like Beaumont tiles and PGH bricks and get free samples to consider was great. The electrical appointment was also good - [name removed] from your home consulting was really helpful.

Once we got to the construction stage, things improved significantly. Our builder - [name removed] - was really on top of things, helpful, friendly, efficient and quick to address any concerns. Things moved a lot quicker once we got out of the administration stage, and we were happy with how the build progressed. Now following handover, we are really happy with how the house has come together and the quality delivered (with the exception of the issues that stemmed from the administration and colour appointment stages).

Apart from the administration process which has produced a significant problem with the afore mentioned retaining wall, the other major recommendation for plantation to improve would be to have an inspection before handover where the buyer goes through and stickers any defects on over spray, scratches, chipped tiles and damaged plaster prior to handover. While we have been told this will all be completed in warranty stage at the 12 month mark, but having furniture in the way the sanding of plaster is particularly messy and will get plaster throughout the rest of the house and on the furniture. Replacing chipped tiles at this stage will also be an annoying process. By moving this process forward it would align plantation with other builders but more importantly reduce considerable inconvenience for the buyer down the track.

Overall we would recommend plantation because we are really happy with the build and the end product, however we will definitely be warning people about how terrible the administration processes and the administration staff. We would recommend looking at other builders who produce a high quality result that may have a better administrative process, more helpful administration staff, and much better service in that looong administrative stage.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Amazing build from beginning to end

Job no. 47292
From the sales consultant right through to handover, we have had such a smooth process. Our sales consultant at rochedale thoroughly outline what was included and not included to avoid any suprise cost.
Our assigned site admin responded to all our emails promptly and helped resolved any issues we had which was mainly meeting the requirements for our body cooperate at our estate.
Then we were assigned to an amazing site supervisor chad who did a great job with our build. We could not fault chad at all.
At new home presentation the house was amazing with only minor fixing needed where chad got onto it straight away.
All in all, we have had such a great build with plantation!!!

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Pkim, Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased to read that your experience went well from start to finish. Thank you for taking the time to review us and wish you all the best for your future in your home. Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Building Loan Nr: PCG BA 54 402

- Building Approval Number: PCG BA 54 402
- Build Location: Mango Hill
- Home Design: Acacia 22
- Construction End Date: 19/02/2019
The building process approval initially was very long and cumbersome except for electrical selections. However, once the project got underway the process went fast and smooth. The construction was well managed and communicated with good information provided and meetings held. Issues were resolved timeously and most requests were met. The sales process, support and related procedures up to the point of commencing construction in my view can be shortened and made to be much more open, understanding and smooth. The project came in on cost and was a fixed quote contract with no variances. The project manager was professional with strong experience base. Workmanship except for normal nicks/items to be rectified and appear to be of good quality. Site cleaning and levelling can be more comprehensive in that this is a cost to the client. The overall experience, comparison to market and related product delivery make Plantation Homes a well-placed developer with a good product.

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Hi Fred, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased to read that the construction of your home was fast and well managed. Congratulations on settlement and we wish you many happy years in your new home. Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Great sales and building service but a big let down in admin

We had a really good experience with Plantation Homes over-all when building the Panama 33, but it could have been an excellent one if it had not been for some annoying post build issues and the mostly rough-shod administration service.

Our sales person Holly at the Surrounds was amazing, nothing was too much trouble for her, she was friendly, knowledgeable and even when we had moved on to the admin section, she still assisted us where she could.

The build was also great, our site supervisor Ryan was on top of everything. He was easy to contact, he got items rectified quickly and the build quality overall was of a very high standard with the exception of a few issues mentioned later.

However, the main let-down of the whole experience was the administration. From the extremely stressful contract signing session where the staff member gave us an enormous shock when she stated in a casually non-concerned manner that after Plantation had added their fees and charges that our contract was already more than $20,000 from the original quote! We were so upset as we were on a set budget and although we were prepared for some additional charges, $20,000 was way in excess of what we were prepared for, we were ready to pull the plug right there. She suggested we go we went through the contract to see what we could remove or down grade. The first thing we found was that the original quote we had requested for rugged concrete on our kitchen benchtops - which our salesperson requested from the head office - was quoted as $570, but at the contract signing session came back as $8000! The contract admin person blamed this on our sales person as she said she was ‘new’ and she didn’t really know the correct costing of things. This was not only extremely unprofessional but it was also not true as our sales person had originally rough-quoted us $1000 for the concrete and she then contacted head office for the price - we were there when she did so – and they came back with $570, NOT $8,000. The original price should have been honoured by Plantation as it was their error but they refused so we then had to select a different colour and style for the whole kitchen which was very annoying as we had built our colour scheme around the concrete.

The next item was the air-conditioning, she said that because of the amount of ducts we wanted in our home a larger air conditioning unit was required. We weren’t happy but we were prepared to pay an additional cost for the upgrade, this was charged as an additional $4757 on the contract! We queried this as we thought it was excessive so we asked her to recheck that this was correct as it seemed too much. So she rang the relevant department while we were there and this amount miraculously dropped to $1829. So if we had not queried this then the much higher charge would have stayed. Then she went home half way through the signing saying she was ill. The lady that took over was a little bit better but for such a stressful event – often for most people it is a once in a life time event building a new house - there was no empathy or understanding from staff.

We were eventually contacted by our administrator who advised she would be looking after us through the administration process. She asked for our full legal names, addresses and contact details and booked us in for our colour and electrical appointments, we requested the electrical and colour appointment on the same day but was advised that it wasn’t possible. This meant that my husband had to take 2 days of work instead of one and we later discovered that when we attended our colour appointment a month later, we spoke to some other couples there and they were having both appointments on the same day.
The colour appointment was with an interior designer, luckily we knew exactly what colours, tiles, carpet etc.…that we wanted as we did not get any suggestions from our designer. We were finished quite quickly so we could have had the electrical appointment in the afternoon.

The electrical appointment much better but it was quite daunting to have to decide on the spot exactly where you wanted each power point, tv connection, usb plug and internet connection throughout the whole house, let alone knowing what height we wanted them to be. The process went for less than 3 hours, so again, we could have had both appointments on the same day.

Our administrator gave us very average service, and often the information was vague or not provided without another email reminder, she then went on holidays for some time - we weren’t advised - and consequently some of my emails went unanswered, eventually I had contact with Rochelle who assisted me with my queries. Eventually a temporary administrator was assigned to us – Paula – and she was fantastic. I wish we had had her from the start as she was efficient, friendly and very capable. I asked if we could keep her when our previous administrator returned and she said she was actually leaving the company but that she would speak to the manager and see if another administrator could be assigned.
We were assigned a new administrator – Alana – and she too was excellent. However, once we started building some two weeks later, Alana advised that we would be handed over to a different department and a different administrator. I was really disappointed but apparently this was the process within Plantation.

So we were again handed over to another administrator in the ‘on-site’ team – another Alana - however, we were advised that our new administrator was on ‘indefinite leave’ but that her emails would be monitored and actioned and that phone calls would be fielded amongst the group of administrators in that section. I was not impressed as we had already dealt with 8 different people since we started dealing with head office. I asked for a replacement single administrator to deal with on a permanent basis but was advised this was not possible. So I ended up dealing with numerous people, whose names I do not know as they all answered their emails with Alana’s name, so I don’t know who was answering my emails.
Plantation should have one person as the contact for their customers. It should be that person’s job to liaise with all of the other departments. Being the customer I did not appreciate being pushed from person to person. It is extremely unprofessional, it would be much smoother to have a single point of contact.

We have been enjoying our new home for 6 weeks now and have had a few hiccups. The fly screens for the doors and windows were apparently not ordered in time which meant we spent 4 weeks without them in the middle of summer. So we had to run the air-conditioning 24 hours day as we could not have the windows/doors open. The air-conditioning was not working in our bedroom either and it was found that the duct was not connected properly. So no cool air in the bedroom and we were not able to open the windows/doors because of flies and mosquitoes. Secondly, when we changed the lounge full length window to sliding stacker doors, a matching fly screen was not ordered at all. We missed this in the contract and it wasn’t picked up by Plantation when it was changed either, so we now have to organise this ourselves.

The paint job internally could have been better, a lot of overloading of paint on the rollers plus where the paint was cut in in some places it wasn't rolled over to blend. There is a large a patch and paint that has been done near our front door that is really noticeable and to date we have not been able to get the painters back to rectify it.

Also, our yard gully traps on one side of the house are not in the correct position. The water pools approximately 1 metre away from the gully traps which then turns into a muddy quagmire. We were advised that Plantation wants to keep the water away from the house and that we need to landscape with a fall to the gully trap. In practice this sounds good, but this would mean more than 250mm in height of landscaping would need to be added to enable a significant fall to enable the water to be captured by the drain. It would also mean that our land height would be considerably higher than our neighbours.

The external air-conditioning component is in the wrong spot as the hot air from the unit goes directly into our roof space because the eave vents are directly above it. My husband had to make an unattractive ‘hood’ to divert the hot air forwards instead of up as it was not only heating our roof space making the air-conditioner work harder – and costing us more money – but the hot air was heating up our laundry which is right next to it. The plumbers/air-con tech should have liaised to move the unit prior to connecting the air-conditioner so it doesn’t heat the laundry or the roof space. We have had the air-conditioning installers onsite but they advised that they are not able to assist with this issue.

We have now been moved into our warranty phase and have reported an issue pitting to the chrome in one of our wash basins and we have been fobbed off. Again, poor admin service. We have only been in our house for 6 weeks, not impressed.

Construction End DateDecember 2018

5 years and still satisfied

Coming up to 5 years since we took keys of our Trinity Plantation home. We are still wrapped with our decision to build with Plantation. Although the planning felt like it took forever, in actual fact it was less than two years from the day we first visited a display village to the first night we slept in our new home.
The only couple of minor problems we have had over the past 5 years have all been dealt with professionally by the relevant suppliers and or contractors.
If we are ever fortunate enough to build another home, it will indeed be with plantation.

Construction End DateMarch 2014
Hi Trinity D, Thank you so much for your lovely 5-star review. It is great to hear that after 5 years you are still happy with your decision to build with us! We wish you many more happy years in your home. Best wishes, Plantation Homes.

Interesting experience to say the least one I would not be rushing back for

Not even sure where to start with my build process with plantation homes however it was anything but an easy process.
From the initial sales consults we had, 2 sales representatives leave plantation after both starting the process with us. From this point we went through to the administration team at springwood where we got told the information we were given by the sales staff was incorrect and work we had carried out on our block caused us issues for example putting in our pool before final paperwork was signed with them. We also got told we needed a level 1 compaction certificate which the build pad had not been touch during the works carried out, they insisted this was required and were going to charge over $3000 to have this completed. As a sweeten to sign they waived this fee however they still
Informed us that this compaction would still need to be carried out. Surprise surprise no compaction work was carried out on our block as now they had to complete this work under their own costs.
Then to the colours, well this was a nightmare we asked for the colour of the display home at south ripley, our consultant researched this information while we were at our consult wrote the colours down and we signed on her advice however this was incorrect and we had to foot the bill to repaint a section of or house as this was not the colour at south ripley display. The external bricks at the front of the property we had a highlighted diagram which clearly what bricks to use in what location, this diagram was never given to the site supervisor from the office. If we didn’t live 500 metres away from the build and us questioning the bricklayers our house would of also been bricked the incorrect colour. In Addition to this we asked for finger pull cabinetry which was an upgrade unfortunately what we were shown at the colour consult was not what we were given. Due to this being a major issue we now have cabinetry in the kitchen which I am far from happy with and all we were offered was our upgrade price back which isn’t near enough to rectify the issue. We also have a bar fridge which we provided plantation with the dimensions that still doesn’t fit in the cabinetry due to another issue either with plantation or the cabinet makers. Due to it being the xmas period we are still waiting for this to be rectified.
There was also a few other issues which have been rectified now but it was not a smooth process.
We were extremely relieved to have the build completed due to stress levels this caused. We finally had our new home completed and were delighted to move into our home just before the nice hot Queensland christmas, to turn the aircon on and be extremely confused as our ducted didn’t seem to be working too well, to our disbelieve after my husband done an inspection of the roof cavity to find that the duct was not connect in our master bedroom and just sitting in the roof cavity approx 3 metres away from the outlet duct.
We have previously built with plantation home and this was an easy processed, they have changed their procedures and this has definitely not done them any favors.
With regards to the costing, we did have $16k in provisionals and thankfully we didn’t use all of this so we came in slightly under the initial budget however $16k did seem a little extravagant at the time.
If it wasn’t for our amazing site supervisor [name removed] I would of not be as calm about this as review. [name removed] is far too good to be working for such a disorganised company and he had to take the slack for the disorganisation for the administration team at plantation homes.

Construction End DateDecember 2018