Plumbing Detectives

Over-priced

My tenant called Plumbing Detectives saying she couldn’t contact me. It was after normal business hours and they quoted her $299 call out fee and $600 to change leaking shower taps. The tenant was forced to pay $940.22 on the spot for the most basic set of shower taps which I had no choice but to reimburse her. I and my regular plumber were horrified of the over-priced service. I contacted the Company and they gave me no satisfaction. Beware.

happy with the service

Adam came out, detected the problem with pipe under patio, next day problem addressed - day later patio re surfaced - rubbish was removed - everything was cleaned up and I am happy with the work

dishonest marked up prices

Prices were marked up more than 2 or 3 fold more than NORMAL plumbing prices.Stay clear from those magnets that advertise them. Stay away and throw those magnets in the bin

Hi Jon, Sorry to hear you aren't happy with the price your received, we are more then happy to discuss the price you got given. Please feel free to contact our office and speak to our manager in regards to the price you received. Regards, Kim.

terrible and unrealiable service

Last Sunday, I called and asked a guy to repair a pipe which is broken, half an hour later, he called twice and found it's hard to get my apartment, cost me money (later on I knew it's my time I have to pay). He finally arrived and found where my apartment is and tried to fix, but he said no replacement:( it's a joke. Well, half hour job charged me $295 on Sunday night(7 p.m) ! If you can fix it, I am willing to pay for you, however, you failed to fix it and still charged me call out fee + hourly rate fee. In addition, I said I have a pensioner living with us and should enjoy 10% discount off as your advertisement mentioned. Thanks for God. On Monday, building strata committee (our neighbor) asked a plumber to fix successfully it within 10 mins.

Long J

Good Morning, I am sorry to hear you aren't happy with the service you received from us, we are more then happy to discuss this with you, if you would like to call our office our manager will be able to find your job and discuss this with you.

Questionable business practices

One of the worst experiences I've had. My 95yr old gran needed her broken tap replaced. It was super important for her to get it fixed the same day, as she's old and the stress of not having access to water even for 1 night was a big deal. Called them at 4p, agreed to pay a callout fee of $195 to have someone come between 5p-7p. Was told someone would call us 30 min before they showed up. By 6:30p still no call, so we called back. Was told the plumber was delayed. Called back another 3 times, more delays, more delays, but none of this was proactively communicated. At this point we were told it would potentially be another 2hrs. It left us in a bad spot as we weren't comfortable having someone show up at 10p at night and even then there was no guarantee of the time. When we asked if they could find another plumber they said the plumber himself was trying to find someone. This seemed off - surely it is THEIR responsibility to find a replacement. After further questioning, we were told the plumber did not want to lose their call out fee. So because the plumber didn't want to lose the call out fee, they kept us waiting and waiting and waiting. We only agreed to pay the hefty call out fee because we thought it could be fixed between 5p-7p, not late at night. Also, be wary that they have bought a number of the different web addresses so if you type "emergency plumber" into google you're likely to end up using Plumbing Detectives even if the website has a different name. We ended up cancelling and sadly my gran was not able to get her tap fixed on the same night.

Hi Maire, I am sorry to hear about the service you received from us and that our emergency plumber was unable to make it to you gran's property in the time frame you where advised of.

Great Service

Called in the morning and Kurt arrived within the agreed time. The job was to repair our front garden tap that was damaged. He provided a competitive quote which we happily accepted. The job was completed within about 15 minutes and I was able to pay EFTPOS on the spot. Very polite and friendly. Will recommend them and consider them for future jobs.

Hi Grant, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received by Kurt. We look forward to hearing from you in the future. Regards, Kim

Crooks

I received a quote over the phone and was asked to leave a $600 deposit. I was called hours later and told the quote had doubled, so I asked for my deposit returned which 3 weeks later is still not returned. I have rang their office multiple times and I am told every day that it will be done by close of business. Still no refund.

Service for the shower

Kurt was really great he explained everything and he was quick to fix it. The shower works perfect now. I would recommend him. Kurt was polite and hard working and cool.

Hi Maria, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received by Kurt. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing needs, we look forward to hearing from you again. Regards, Kim.

Great prompt service

Great job done by Okan got the hot water unit installed same day with no issues. Very clean job and made sure everything was safe and ready to go. Highly recommended!

Hi Marzi, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received by Okan and that he was able to complete the install within the same day. Please dont hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing needs, we look forward to hearing from you again. Regards, Kim.

Great Service and Skills

Andrew came out a
On time and assessed the problems , gave options to repair and was very pleasant and professional and his experience showed ,thank you will recommend to friends and family.

Hi Debbie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received by Andrew. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing work. Regards, Kim.

Very Grateful

I want to thank ADAM. He was prompt and thoroughly professional. I can't thank him enough for coming out late on a Sunday night. He was so polite and couldn't do enough to help me and also clean up after.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received by Adam. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing work. Regards, Kim.

Hot water

Great service from Andrew ,checking why my hot water service was not heating up. Advised due to age of system option for replacing it and the different sizes, as I have a bigger tank than needed.

Stay away from these thieves

I had a blocked drain called these shonky people the plumber that came was very polite and respectful but cleared the drain with a simple plunger and hydrochloroic acid and was on my premises for 30 minutes only. Yes he fixed the problem but I was charged $330 . I queried the price and was told the acid was $400 a bottle I have since found out this acid is $60 per bottle. Stay away from this company as they are at best dishonest

Hi, We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the service you received from us, we are more than happy to discuss this with you if you wouldn't mind contacting our office and asking for our office manager, 1300 352 559. We look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Kim.

Great job

Great job professional attitude meet my requirements on time hope I can use the new hot water system for 15 years without any problem. Will recommend to my close friends

Hi Kostya, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) It's great to hear that the plumbers that attended your property provided you with a good service and resolved your plumbing issue - providing our customers this level of service is what we aim for each and every visit.

Great Service

Clogged outside drain pipe work. Sydney Plumber Andrew was on time, explained the problem and quote prices beforehand, completed the job right away, friendly and reasonably priced for the work completed.

Hi Bianca :) Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are glad to hear that you are happy with the service you received from Andrew. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing work. Regards, Kim :)

Never Call Them

Over priced I was charged one thousand and five Dollars on Sunday for open Blocked Drain out side my house Total working time 56:00 minutes Actual working time 20: minutes with 2 minutes using camera not to check the blocked drain, Just to show me that he used camera for extra charge , must of the time Plumber was on the phone and wasting time by doing unnecessary thing. I contact Fair Trade to complain over priced Job... I will never contact them again.

Stay away from them

It's hilarious that they called them detectives. The guy came to my house is completely incompetent or just try to rip off people.
Can't fix a simple problem and create more issues and stress for me
Their price is at least 2 times higher than others while the service is 10 times worse than others.

Mustafa gave me a great install service

wonderful install service. more, help me to contact and organize some other relative things. patient and careful explanation for all of my questions.

Hi Hang, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased to hear that you are happy with the service you received from Mustafa :) Please don't hesitate to contact us for any future plumbing work. Regards, Kim :)

The plumbers were on time and very efficient. They cleaned up after the work was done. I will definitely use them again for sure

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review :) It's great to hear that the plumbers that attended your property provided you with a good service and resolved your plumbing issue - providing our customers this level of service is what we aim for each and every visit.

Leakage under basin in bathroom

Terrible service!!! It took 3 different plumbers & 4 different visits over a number of weeks to fix what seemed like a simple problem. Lots of time wasted with these guys! Waited around for hours & plumber didn’t show up plus no courtesy call was given to inform me & I had to contact the company only to find out my plumber wasn’t showing up. Plumbers always running late every time. In fact the second plumber made the problem worse! Caused me much stress & several phone calls which weren’t pleasant to only be let down time & time again! Considering how much was paid for again for what seemed a simple job the service was horrible & wished I had gone with another company. I know now not to ever use these guys again. However, a big thanks to the last plumber RAY for finally finding the original problem & actually fixing it! Much appreciated Ray & the gold star is for you not the company!