Rip off

The stand pipe and tap near the water meter blew. We stupidly grabbed a fridge magnet and rang this mob. Ended up costing $195 callout and $556 for a standpipe & tap and less than 30 minutes of labour. $751 later we have learned our lesson. Never again. Operating under On Time Local. Phone numbers are the same.

Rates and Fees

Professional help is at hand.

Skilled and Professional plumber (Adam) who went out of his way, took care with his work, cleaned up after and rubbish away. All after hours too! Won’t hesitate to use company again.

Melbournian

Melbournian

STAY AWAY

Avoid like a plague! They are dodgy and lying. They operate under numerous different names and aliases. They charge both the consumer and the insurance company yet they don't do anything. There was a gas leak, use people's sense of urgency to trick them into believing them. They quoted a huge amount to replace all the pipes! Once our senses got back, we contacted RACV instead and they came and fixed the issue which had nothing to do with the pipes! Stay away!

Ahmad

AhmadSydney, NSW

Rip Off Thieves

The Plumbing Detectives are just ripping off customers. I call them to fix my drain and they just say it will cost 9,000 to fix. Then I called another plumbing company for a second opinion. A Service Today Plumber came to fix it and said it just needs the water jetting and fixed for cheap.

Sara D.

Sara D.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Scammers

Just run! Also note their ABN has a number of companies under it - On Time Local being one of them. Complete rip off and zero moral code. They were prepared to charge me close to $10k for a completely unnecessary job, got it fixed for $600...

Andreas

AndreasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gas leak turns into complete gas refit.

We had a gas leak that was traced to the vicinity of old galvanised pipes within a slab. Required a full refit with new copper piping in a double brick house. The team worked on the next days, Friday and Saturday to get the job done. Mustafa, Mitch and Matteo were very professional and courteous. The job was completed thoroughly and we are very happy with the end result.

Rach

Rach

plumbing emergency over the weekend, wasn't a massive job but didn't feel overcharged at all and the customer service was great and the job completed quickly. Hopefully we won't have an emergency again but if we do I wouldn't hesitate to call the plumbing detectives.

Very positive experience

We had a plumbing disaster and Mitch attended our emergency call out.
From start to finish, he was an absolute professional - he was courteous, listened and responded to our concerns, explained clearly and informed us of what was happening at every step.
My husband and I were most impressed that he kept his word and followed everything through.
The job was completed most efficiently and also very clean and tidy. It was highly stressful incident but Mitch's attendance helped enormously.
We don't want to encounter this sort of disasters again but without hesitation we will contact Plumbing Detectives and get Mitch again anytime!

PLUMBING D.Plumbing Detectives

Hi Dori, thank you for your recognition of our service and we appreciate your positive feedback. We take pride in our work and value our customers. Mitch has also said you were a pleasure to deal with.
Regards
Salma

Daniel

Daniel

Way too expensive..!

The price they charged me was way over the top and when I questioned the price and asked for a breakdown of the costs,they wouldn't give it to me. They just got aggressive. I don't recommend this company at all

What a RIP OFF

Never again will I call this plumbing company. The Plumbing Detectives are really good at overcharging. After having a water heater replaced, I now find the price they charged is more than double the going rate for this type of heater

PLUMBING D.Plumbing Detectives

Too Expensive and quote was not clear....especially pensioners BEWARE!!!!

Whilst the job was completed adequately the quote was double what was quoted for us by other plumbers and the explanation after the job was completed was not satisfactory. Even when we asked for a review of the costs charged to our pensioner elderly parents there was no follow up. They took the money and ran onto the next victim..... BEWARE!!!!

Natalie C.

Natalie C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute rip off!!

Charged me $2500 to supply and install new hot water service. Buyers beware, never use this company. What a joke. Ripping of people who don’t know any better, you should be ashamed of yourself and your company!

SamSydney, NSW

RIP off - NEVER AGAIN

I would not use them ever.
Highly dubious operation and dishonest operators.
After the house fire, they were caled in and even the insurance company told me that it was a rip off.
They would not accept their quote.

FirstComplaintEver

FirstComplaintEverSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute rip off - BUYER BEWARE!

Absolute rip off, MASSIVELY over charged and over quoted for unnecessary work. Thank god I got other quotes and opinions - it saved me $7500! Just a dog act to rip people off, all while acting like they’re doing you a favour.

AndrewSydney, NSW

Stay away from this company

Had these people come out to my fathers house and they charged him $1700 to put a regulator on the wall and did not fix compliance plate on wall like they are required to do. 18 months later its leaking gas do you think i can can them back out? 3 days in a row they did not show up now im calling someone else and i will just pay to get it fixed..... They actually turned up at 4pm on the 3rd day since i called and the guy that showed up was very good fixed it without any fuss.....

trianta k.

trianta k.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never Again!!

Mustafa and Okan are the best and only good thing going for this company. Informative, clean, professional, precise, considerate and good natured guys. Mustafa installed my gas stovetop and Okan my laundry trough. I highly recommend these two plumbers. As for the management of this company i cant say it was a positive experience. I gave 4 stars for the exceptional workers that came. But will never use this company again.

Hi Trianta
We are so please we resolved your issue's. I would like to understand your statement further. please email at customerservice@ontimelocal.com.au with a time we may contact you. I look forward to speaking with you.
Regards,
Salma

Professional, efficient, respectful

Glenn

GlennGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great experience!

Had a water leak underneath my driveway that serviced the front garden tap. Made an appointment for the next day. Plumber came but had to leave as he had an emergency job, ( it happens ). Mustafa came the next day and replaced the broken pipe ( difficult spot ) & did a fantastic job, really happy with his work! Many thanks to Mustafa and all involved!

Tam

Tam

Buyer Beware!!! Don’t do it....

The worst company I have dealt with in a long time!!! they made me wait five hours on one day and did not turn up nor did they notify me - they then made me wait another four hours the next day and they arrived at 8 pm at night (they were meant to arrive at 4pm his name was [name removed] and he was lovely) and quoted me $900 to do the job I thought that was a little excessive so got another plumbing quote and they charged me $350.... clearly they are absolute rip-offs! I bet the positive reviews are people they know....Buyer be warned and be very aware!!

Neil

NeilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy customer

Very happy with Adam installing our new mixer tap in the kitchen. He was better than on time, he was early. Thanks to Brad for assessment of what type of tap we needed. I would recommend them to friends.