Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

Ray
RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality

The rewind mechanism only after many attempts to get it to wind the hose in - normally have pulled up to an extra 10m out before it will rewind. Rarely fully rewinds, generally won't rewind last 1 to 2m in. Pathetic quality.

LukeSydney, NSW

Was once good quality! Now poor made over priced Chinese quality!

The quality of Pope is extremely poor! Not only the reel and cheap fittings! Make sure you keep your receipt! I am very disappointed after replacing 3 hoses and not even checking the reviews as my old Pope hoses were probably 15 years old!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse MarketLink for $160.00.

Pete
PeteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaks

First unit leaked from inside the drum, second one now leaks from handle. Less than 6 months old and hardly used. The return mechanism is not great, requiring a number of pulls to get it to retract. Thankfully Bunnings exchange/refund easily. Unfortunately left with the bracket on the brick wall.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Brian
BrianSouthwest, VIC

Poor water pressure fixed

Had poor water pressure for months. Customer service said check for kinks but found none. One HOT day i pulled the hose right out and filled wih water. Now fantastic.

Not very good

Hose itself isn't bad but auto reel is rubbish. You can't have and pressure in hose to auto retract and even with no water pressure doesn't retract all the way.

Purchased in December 2020 for $140.00.

Vivienne S.Pope

abysmal flow rate and broken

bought this when we moved into our new house in may and it broke last week. Gives absolutely poor flow rate, the auto rotate sprinkler doesn't even move and the water barely travels 1.5 metres but get over 5 metres when connected without the auto wind hose. Lost my receipt so cannot return and iys over 3 months so I can't get records of sale. Disgusted with the quality. I have never bought anything other than nylex but have this a go because it was $50 cheaper and regret it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Rosalin
RosalinSydney, NSW

Never worked Hose won't retract

i have had this hose for a month and it gets stuck and won't retract. I'll have to return it and I'm very disappointed that it doesn't work. I liked the appearance of the reel - the colour of the case is good but that's the only thing that's good about it.

Purchased in August 2020.

Cathleen R.
Cathleen R.Mid North Coast, NSW

Didn't last long

Didn't last long and they will not give you an answer, about a return or repair, they take your money and run, no customer service.
Would never recommend or purchase again.

Purchased in May 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Satisfactory

If you treat this product gently (no tugging and pulling) it performs well. Once I worked this out I had no more problems. Am going to replace hose nozzle though with better quality one as my water pressure keeps causing it to come off.

Purchased in March 2019 for $79.00.

Xavier70
Xavier70Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wow! What a great addition to the garden!

After using all sorts of hangers I got one of these from Bunnings. At first I was tugging too hard, but I called Hidey from Pope service and she told me to tug gently. Works a treat! Thanks Pope.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Paul White
Paul WhiteWestern District, VIC

Love Love Love

Thank-You and congratulations to Heidi from Pope. I did have a faulty rewind mechanism and she was only to happy to help replaced the whole outfit. A long time since i have experinced customer service like this.
Happy Happy

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.00.

Gweneth Scott.
Gweneth Scott.Pascoe Vale

Water pressure

Love the concept, but have trouble with water pressure , have hose completely out thinking that maybe the issue but still poor, also unable to use a sprinkler successfully is that because it has water saving components ?

Purchased in December 2019 for $124.00.

Find out how Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel compares to other Garden Hoses

Difficult to use and Brock off the wall bracket.

Difficult to use and Brock off the wall bracket.
don't have the recipt, purchased this Pope brand 30m auto wind hose reel a year ago and other than the very first time i used it, it has been nothing but trouble.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $79.00.

Keith Tarragindi
Keith TarragindiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Difficult to Use

The 20m Pope retractable hose reel we have installed gives good water flow however the negatives far outweigh the positives the hose is difficult for me (and even more so for my wife) to pull out from the reel, the locking mechanism often does not work unless you give it a sharp pull, and when retracting the hose easily kinks. This is a low quality product and there are better brands available on-line.

Purchased in September 2018.

Donna M
Donna MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tried 3 and have now given up!!!

I purchased this Pope brand 12m auto wind hose reel a few months ago and other than the very first time i used it, it has been nothing but a nightmare! It has been replaced two times at Bunnings (where it was purchased) and both times it has been exactly the same. I am on my third one at the moment and have given up and now leave it unwound on my grass!
I bought this because I thought it would be more easier than the hand winder type of reel but this has been pure torture!
My partner has an OLD Holman and one jerk on the hose and it rewinds completely...obviously Pope have a design flaw somewhere with this particular unit.
My advise to you all....don’t buy Pope!!! The frustration just isn’t worth it!!

Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.asked

My Pope retractable hose has the following issue. Water won’t flow through the hose. I have tried several things. Finally I detached the hose from the tap then attached the end of the hose to the tap. This resulted in proper flow through the hose, but when everything was put back the correct way there was no flow again. This is a most vexing problem. Could you please explain what is causing the problem and explain how I can fix it. I’m a tad annoyed as the unit is only recently out of warranty. Regards - Stephanie.

Luke

To be honest I wouldn’t cop it! Ring Pope or I would take it back! It’s 2 year warranty?

Annie
Annieasked

I have a 30 metre Pope hose bought for Christmas. It won’t pull out past about 1 metre. How can I fix this problem?

Luke

Take it back and exchange it or get a refund, they have a warranty

Bailey
Baileyasked

My hose won’t retract into the mechanism. Is there a way to retention the hose so that it retracts again.

See all Pope Auto Wind Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives

CategoryGarden Hoses