QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance

QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance

Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.2

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crooks. Avoid. Read ABC investigation August 4 2020

QBE are underwriters for ANZ NAB and several others. Avoid avoid avoid all forms of insurance from QBE and all resellers. Re employment insurance they commit fraud to avoid paying claims. Most likely extend this practice to all branches of insurance.

Car Model2001-2007 Hyundai Terracan

DO NOT CHOOSE QBE, YOU WILL BE SORRY

Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelFord Everest UA II Trend
Andy

AndyDarwin

you're warned - sometimes very poor customer service

borrisnorris132

borrisnorris132

No Problems so far.

No problems with QBE so far and the cheapest insurance I could find. I got comprehensive insurance. Haven't yet made a claim, but the price during covid was very generous.

Nav

NavSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never deal with QBE

Made claim in 2019, Now it has been more than 6 months still waiting. Rude customer service, not reliable. Worst car insurance company. Never Never Never Never Never Never use QBE.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Bec

BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience after car was stolen.

Claim DateMarch 2020
MYcity-Brisbane

MYcity-BrisbaneAU

QBE has done themselves a huge disservice to have amateur overseas call centres

Sayed F.

Sayed F.Sydney, NSW

Not even a legit insurance!

Claim DateAugust 2019
Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overseas call centre is pathetic... Seem to be trained with same answers, no call backs, no resolutions!!! Never again..

It has been 4 weeks, since my accident. My car is sitting at the repairer, and still no answers from QBE. Farcical, All i want is an answer so i can move forward. Simple as that. The offshore call centre are a pack of puppets...

Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Ebsy Y.

Ebsy Y.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely farcicle!!

Have QBE with both cars. My car had a deep scratch made a claim got a payout which unfortunately didnt have time to get repaired before another car smashed into the exact same spot and back of my car. Qbe refused to cover claiming the amount given would repair it all. We pay THAT much in insurance and they refuse to cover a second accident that was now my fault. Oh and the other parties insurance should cover it since it was their fault correct? Well they were with QBE too suprise suprise why they wouldnt cover it. Im so ticked off will never recommend and by the looks of all other reviews QBE is a FARCE.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class A45 W176 AMG
Smith19

Smith19Victoria

Worst insurance company out there

In an accident I wasnt at fault in, it took 6 weeks to settle it with my car being a total loss.
I called them so many times with them doing nothing for weeks, they kept telling me incorrect information. It wasnt until two weeks in that they actually even moved my car from the tow yard to be assessed.
Customer service are very unhelpful, on hold every time I called and passed around to everyone. They dont document information so no one ever knows where the claim is at.
I recommend no one to ever go with this company, they make even the simplest things a huge hassle.
At a time when the last thing you need is more stress, QBE makes a lot worse.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Disgusted

DisgustedMid North Coast, NSW

Very very bad service. Have been treated so badly. Please be very careful with this insurance company.

Fact ! You people are so rude. Poor mismanagement of my policy Fact ! I've recorded every conversation with you people & will be passing this on to my solicitor. Very poor service.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelMotorcycle
RJF

RJFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

I'm waiting to speak to a customer service officer and so far have waited over 45 minutes. There is no option to leave your number and have someone ring you back. Who has time to be on hold for over 45 minutes during working hours????

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
May N.

May N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just spend more elsewhere

It’s not worth the money you save. It doesn’t add up to the total headache of dealing with this company. Started out with 4 policies, cancelled them all over time.

CameronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If only these guys fought for me as hard as they fought against me.

Over 2 months to get policy paid out but didn't mention they were keeping the GST. Didn't even look at my vehicle for a week after the accident. Now it's 11 months since my "not at fault" accident and QBE tell me "we have recouped our losses, so we will not pursue the other insurer for your out of pocket damages", even though they told me they would. I got hit by a courier van, now I am $18000 out of pocket and counting.
Made an official complaint, they found in their favour.
My Advice is go straight to the AFCA if you need to claim with these guys.

Claim DateSeptember 2018

sam

samMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

DISGUSTING

I was told they would pay my emergency towing, after 1 week still not payment so I couldn’t get my car, was advised I can use my hire car as I pay extra, none of their companies in my town had an account with them so they couldn’t help me. Disgusting wouldn’t waste my money on them QBE is also ANZ bank.
Should be shut down, no Aussie and continuously have to repeat why I’m calling.

QBEQBE

Hello, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details to look into it

TonySydney, NSW

Bad,Bad,Bad

Claim DateApril 2019
Car ModelKTM Adventure Bike
QBEQBE

Hi Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you can reply to our private message with the details, we can look into it

Tell me what details you would like Ben policy number ? X863727M1
Claim number ? X2000679

Happy. Not

Happy. NotHunter Region, NSW

My lawyers probably going to call

QBEQBE

Thank you for your review, and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM for some details and have a look into this

One star because I can’t choose no atat

Cancelling policy as competitors price for like for like policy $400 cheaper. Can’t cancel my own policy because I wasn’t the nominated driver. Then QBE thought it would be best to tell me I didn’t set up the policy no matter that I had the name and time of the phone call when establishing the policy.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 Mark I 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara
Florence Corneloup

Florence Corneloup

worst insurance company

I would have give 0 stars, but had to give 1 star minimum...Hopeless customer service, wait for ages on the phone, not open at convenient times, cannot understand non english speaking people. Had my son listed as driver but was not advised that when he got his P plates, he would no longer be covered...had an accident and they declined the claim, I expected a big excess, but definitely not that I would not be covered...Disgusting! AVOID at all costs, RAA is cheaper anyway...

Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelToyota RAV4
QBEQBE

Hi Florence, we're sorry to hear about your experience. You can raise this with our complaints team https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints and they can review it