QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance

QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance

Disgusted

DisgustedMid North Coast, NSW

Very very bad service. Have been treated so badly. Please be very careful with this insurance company.

Fact ! You people are so rude. Poor mismanagement of my policy Fact ! I've recorded every conversation with you people & will be passing this on to my solicitor. Very poor service.

Car ModelMotorcycle
Claim DateSeptember 2019

RJF

RJFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

I'm waiting to speak to a customer service officer and so far have waited over 45 minutes. There is no option to leave your number and have someone ring you back. Who has time to be on hold for over 45 minutes during working hours????

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
May N.

May N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just spend more elsewhere

It’s not worth the money you save. It doesn’t add up to the total headache of dealing with this company. Started out with 4 policies, cancelled them all over time.

Cameron

CameronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If only these guys fought for me as hard as they fought against me.

Over 2 months to get policy paid out but didn't mention they were keeping the GST. Didn't even look at my vehicle for a week after the accident. Now it's 11 months since my "not at fault" accident and QBE tell me "we have recouped our losses, so we will not pursue the other insurer for your out of pocket damages", even though they told me they would. I got hit by a courier van, now I am $18000 out of pocket and counting.
Made an official complaint, they found in their favour.
My Advice is go straight to the AFCA if you need to claim with these guys.

Claim DateSeptember 2018

sam

samMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

DISGUSTING

I was told they would pay my emergency towing, after 1 week still not payment so I couldn’t get my car, was advised I can use my hire car as I pay extra, none of their companies in my town had an account with them so they couldn’t help me. Disgusting wouldn’t waste my money on them QBE is also ANZ bank.
Should be shut down, no Aussie and continuously have to repeat why I’m calling.

Ben S.QBE

Hello, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details to look into it

TonySydney, NSW

Bad,Bad,Bad

Car ModelKTM Adventure Bike
Claim DateApril 2019
Ben S.QBE

Hi Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you can reply to our private message with the details, we can look into it

Tell me what details you would like Ben policy number ? X863727M1
Claim number ? X2000679

Happy. Not

Happy. NotHunter Region, NSW

My lawyers probably going to call

Ben S.QBE

Thank you for your review, and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM for some details and have a look into this

One star because I can’t choose no atat

Cancelling policy as competitors price for like for like policy $400 cheaper. Can’t cancel my own policy because I wasn’t the nominated driver. Then QBE thought it would be best to tell me I didn’t set up the policy no matter that I had the name and time of the phone call when establishing the policy.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R Sahara
Florence Corneloup

Florence Corneloup

worst insurance company

I would have give 0 stars, but had to give 1 star minimum...Hopeless customer service, wait for ages on the phone, not open at convenient times, cannot understand non english speaking people. Had my son listed as driver but was not advised that when he got his P plates, he would no longer be covered...had an accident and they declined the claim, I expected a big excess, but definitely not that I would not be covered...Disgusting! AVOID at all costs, RAA is cheaper anyway...

Car ModelToyota RAV4
Ben S.QBE

Hi Florence, we're sorry to hear about your experience. You can raise this with our complaints team https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints and they can review it

The worst insurance company I have ever delt with! Be aware!!!

QBE looks after their best interests.
QBE told me that my vehicle is a ride off and not worth fixing.
I knew that my vehicle could be fixed for half the panel beater's quote.
The panel beater gave QBE an over inflated quote to fix it.
However I found out that my vehicle was sold to the panel beater from QBE.
QBE told me that my vehicle was a statutory ride off.
QBE won't disclose that my vehicle was sold and for how much.
I have lost money, because QBE would not pay my whole finance amount for my vehicle, the actual value of it and have ruined my claims history.
QBE mishandled my claim causing me financial and emotional stress.
QBE= LIARS NO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR INSURANCE POLICY

Ben S.QBE

Hi Pelagia, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We recommend escalating this to our complaints team for review - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

RobynMcDougall

RobynMcDougallAU

Worst insurance company ever!!!!

You are better off having NO insurance than going with QBE!!! My car got hail damage. Taken in to get fixed. When I got the car back it had MORE damage than what it had when it went in! Sunroof was broken! Front headlights scratched! Seals around headlights melted! My Mercedes is now absolutely wrecked! No help. No customer service. They couldn’t care less! $1000 excess and my car is ruined! QBE is the worst!

Car ModelMercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 350
Ben S.QBE

Hi Robyn, per our response to your message on Facebook, if you can please PM us the details of the claim and a contact number, we can take a look into this

Worst Insurance ever

QBE is the worst insurance ever. Had a car reverse into me. Cleary at fault and told QBE it was his fault. They told me I’m not liable then they changed their minds and said I am. They never call back. Useless

Claim DateJune 2019
Ben S.QBE

Hi Peter, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and look into it.

Peter
Peter

Really bad service, all their services are based in the Philippines probably paying 40 pesos per hour. Really poor.Im changing to AAMI

AjaySydney, NSW

Terrible, Unprofessional and Dishonest Service

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Claim DateMay 2019
Ben S.QBE

Hi Ajay, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Ajay

Ben the last message I got from you was requesting a claim no. Which I provided straight away. Sad to see the level of complacency in QBE. Just a note for people reviewing this “I never heard from Ben ever”.

Erin

ErinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting customer service

Absolutely terrible customer service! They are quick to take your money off you for excess but take weeks to pay you your money that you are owed! They don’t get back to you regarding any complaints you lodge and don’t communicate between their departments! I even got a complaint confirmation email to confirm I lodged a complaint but then they tried to recall it! How unprofessional is that?! Never go with this company! I have warned you!

Car ModelKia Cerato
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Ben S.QBE

Hi Erin, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some more details and look into this ~BLS

Irene R.

Irene R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

There When You Need Them

A guy reversed into the side of my car, I simply exchanged details and walked away.
It actually felt good, I wasn't even upset.
QBE handled everything, no worries.
QBE are reasonably priced premiums and easy fortnightly payments.

Car ModelHolden Trax
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2018
Ben S.QBE

Hi Irene, we're glad we were able to help!

Caroline

CarolineVictoria

Worst insurance company ever.

I got into an accident January of this year, only to have to wait 5 months to be told that no party was at fault.

The other party was a very old elderly man who failed to stop at a giveaway sign and drove straight into traffic damaging my car.

After being told that the other party was clearly liable this company comes back and tells me that each party needs to sort out their own damages.

So I have to pay $1600 to a useless insurance company that has done nothing for me. Meanwhile the other party think their reckless driving is ok.

Thank you for nothing QBE.

Claim DateJanuary 2019

Aaron R.

Aaron R.Gippsland, VIC

Their assessor tried to bully me into accepting $4000 less payout for a total loss of vehicle.

Constantly had to chase them up. Assessor original market value was $4000 less than what i eventually received. Assessor provided zero evidence at how he arrived at this figure. I had to pay for private valuation and fight for a figure that was closer to market value (still below). Very very slow process, I was without a car for over a 6 weeks .

Claim DateMarch 2019

Rodrigo

RodrigoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible customer service team!

The WORSE insurance I ever deal with. Im trying to have a cancellation from my canceled policy and its been over 2 months and 3 phone calls and nothing is done, every time I have to explain everything again and again and nothing happen after, USELESS!!! Imagine If I had a claim?! Don't go there to save a $10 a month because later you wont get paid if you need too!

Ben S.QBE

Hi Rodrigo, we're sorry to hear about this. If you can PM us with your policy number, we will take a look at it.

Angry AF

Angry AFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't sign up with these incompetent idiots!

Car ModelFord Fiesta WS
Claim DateNovember 2018

IanWestern Australia

Insurer approved works extensively damaged an exceptional 1 owner low km vehicle with exemplary 13 year history.

Claim DateJune 2016
Ben S.QBE

Hi Ian, we understand that our dispute resolution team has been in contact this morning with an update on the matter ~BLS