• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (11)

Paul H

Paul HPeel, WA

brilliant service and understanding

Was advised that there was a possibility we could get something back from a policy we took out last year to go Tasmania. My wife spoke to the company and we were very pleased with the outcome.
Thankyou very much

Traveller

TravellerPerth, WA

Excellent service

Travel policy is comparable to other policies available and within the budget I wanted. Claire was helpful and good follow up especially with COVID happening. Getting my refund later went easily too. Thank you.

TAM

TAMPerth

Travel insurance Refund

Whilst initially unable to get a refund for travel insurance booked for a cancelled trip, we later found out that the underwriters were now offering full refunds. It was a bit disappointing that I had to enquire, after being told by a relative that they had received a full refund, and was not contacted by the RAC that we now had this option, but happy non the less to get money back for a trip that I don’t think I will be taking for a while yet.

Gayl

GaylWestern Australia

Cruise cancelled by Cruise provider

Our Australian cruise in Dec 2020 was cancelled but we are unable to get a refund of our travel insurance. Why take out insurance? Not happy Jan. No travel anticipated by us in near future.

anjon5

anjon5Perth, WA

Simply the best

Yes our policy was very good value and very easy to set up and very helpful efficient listening people to speak with claims settled very quickly this is our third year and at this time would not change to another company, very happy !!!
☺️

If you drink alcohol in your holiday don't get policy with them

I was walking by the swimming pool and I felled down my rib was broken I went to the hospital and treated me, but the insurance refused to pay. They said the reason is because I was a drink alcohol. So if you are drinking and you have an accident then you are not insured even if the accident was not due to alcohol

Shane

ShanePerth, WA

Waste of money

The person who managed my enquiry was rude and very unhelpful. I purchased my insurance in Feb to travel in Mar and was stuck in Vietnam with all flight cancelled. I thought RAC was better then that! Me being a gold card holder.

Sue

SuePerth, WA

The easiest refund of my trip

I’m so grateful to RAC travel insurance I’d invested a lot to cover health issues and this was the easiest, most courteous refund of aborted the trip ( due to COVID) Thanks RAC!

Steven S

Steven SPerth, WA

Always have this with me when travelling

Excellent value. Always use RAC Travel Insurance for my overseas and domestic travels. Will continue to use RAC travel insurance in the future. Member for over 40 years. Thank you

Don’t bother to reply

Took out holiday insurance, couldn’t go because Pandemic, phoned to ask if we could put the insurance on another holiday, heard nothing, sent emails, heard nothing, use them at your peril

Coby

CobyWestern Australia

Whenever we travel overseas, we always use RAC travel insurance and never encountered and problems.

We have found the policy is good value and easy to do online.
In all our travels, we have never had to lodge a claim.
We have used this insurance company about 4 overseas trips.

Ann

AnnPerth, WA

Very Prompt Refund

After having to cancel my overseas trip due to Covid 19, I recently became aware of the possibility of a refund on my policy. A phone call later and the money is already in my account. After being told it could take up to 35 days, it actually took one. I'm very impressed.

Thanks RAC

Just received full refund of $23,000 for trip cancelled due to COVID 19. So simple to claim and done in 2 weeks. Been with them forever and never had a problem. Thanks RAC you are great.

DestinationEurope

We had to cancel this insurance product and ask for a refund.

We have bought this excellent Multi-Trip travel insurance product for the last few years.
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we had to cancel our "yet to be activated" new insurance policy for June 2020 and ask for a refund. No problems - many thanks RAC.

Faultless experience

I am very impressed with RAC. During these Covid19 times RAC answered my phone calls every time, honoured the policy without any issues, responded in a timely fashion and the people answering my calls were very knowledgeable. The policy was good value. Will be using RAC for other insurances based on this experience. RAC has exceeded my expectations.

happy outcome

happy outcomeSouth West, WA

will always insure with RAC

We were pleasantly surprised by the speed of our claim and refund. Rang day 1, refund in our account day 2. We always insure with the rac and will continue to do so.

Cheng Lim

Cheng LimPerth, WA

refund claim

It took me just over a month to secure a refund on the cancellation of my policy due to the closure of all ports by the Australian Government resulting in the non performance of the policy.

I guess the delay in processing my refund is due to the high volume of such claims for refund.

Policy cover period deferred to later start date policy was

Very good value and so easy to set up, very efficient people to speak with.
Lodged a claim due to covid 19 only 12 working days to resolve with a full refund .this is our second year using RAC travel insurance, very impressed!

Insurance cancelled due to covid 19 cancelled event.

Because wedding to which we were travelling to in UK was cancelled due to covid 19 we enquired if we could cancel policy. Dealt with swiftly and efficiently with just two phone calls. Full refund given. Brilliant service. Often use rac when travelling and will continue to do so. Also have rac house and contents insurance. Always easy to deal with.

Vince

VincePerth

Great prompt service on issuing a refund.

Thanks RAC for the prompt refund when I accidentally purchased two policies for the same trip. No fuss, no delay..it is appreciated.
Guess that's why I use RAC for travel insurance

Bernadette K.

Bernadette K.asked

RAC Travel Insurance

We are booked for travel in October, will we get back the $1400+ we paid for insurance if our flights are cancelled & travel bans are still in place

CJD
CJD

I think it depends on the date you brought insurance, either before virus warning, I cancelled my insurance as it was worthless, covered nothing due to purchasing after virus and they refunded immediately, if your insurance was paid pre warning they will cover everything, best to ring them it didn’t take long to get through.

Jue

Jueasked

Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance

I am supposed to travel to Vietnam on Friday , partial flights cancelled, plus unable to enter Vietnam re visa restrictions, should I be able to claim on my insurance for flights and accommodation?

Ray55

Ray55asked

RAC Travel Insurance

due to the corona virus do we get a refund for the Insurance, we have already cancelled our flights and accommodation.

Alana
Alana

Highly unlikely, RAC are wiping their hands. Read through their fine print and if you call their office, they will give you two phone numbers dedicated to Covid19 enquiries- one is an (02) number, the other a 1300 number...they just ring out or are engaged until someone finally answers. Good luck!

Senior
Senior

Hi Ray, depends when you purchased. And if you took out, cancellation for any reason. If you are in the twenty day cooling off period, you will get a full refund within days. Good luck.

Nettie
Nettie

Just call RAC if no luck online. I had no issue cancelling mine

See all RAC Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and RAC WA Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 5 RAC Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
Maximum Age Covered 110 years old110 years old110 years old110 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalUnlimited$2,000$500Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000$1,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000$3,500$1,500Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Loss of Income$10,400$5,200Not Included$5,200
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$2,000$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000$10,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000$4,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included