3.6

Gayl

GaylWestern Australia

Cruise cancelled by Cruise provider

Our Australian cruise in Dec 2020 was cancelled but we are unable to get a refund of our travel insurance. Why take out insurance? Not happy Jan. No travel anticipated by us in near future.

DestinationAustralia
anjon5

anjon5Perth, WA

Simply the best

Yes our policy was very good value and very easy to set up and very helpful efficient listening people to speak with claims settled very quickly this is our third year and at this time would not change to another company, very happy !!!
☺️

DestinationAustralia, Europe and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2020
Insurance Cover ForSenior

If you drink alcohol in your holiday don't get policy with them

I was walking by the swimming pool and I felled down my rib was broken I went to the hospital and treated me, but the insurance refused to pay. They said the reason is because I was a drink alcohol. So if you are drinking and you have an accident then you are not insured even if the accident was not due to alcohol

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateAugust 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Shane

ShanePerth, WA

Waste of money

The person who managed my enquiry was rude and very unhelpful. I purchased my insurance in Feb to travel in Mar and was stuck in Vietnam with all flight cancelled. I thought RAC was better then that! Me being a gold card holder.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Sue

SuePerth, WA

The easiest refund of my trip

I’m so grateful to RAC travel insurance I’d invested a lot to cover health issues and this was the easiest, most courteous refund of aborted the trip ( due to COVID) Thanks RAC!

Steven S

Steven SPerth, WA

Always have this with me when travelling

Excellent value. Always use RAC Travel Insurance for my overseas and domestic travels. Will continue to use RAC travel insurance in the future. Member for over 40 years. Thank you

Don’t bother to reply

Took out holiday insurance, couldn’t go because Pandemic, phoned to ask if we could put the insurance on another holiday, heard nothing, sent emails, heard nothing, use them at your peril

Coby

CobyWestern Australia

Whenever we travel overseas, we always use RAC travel insurance and never encountered and problems.

We have found the policy is good value and easy to do online.
In all our travels, we have never had to lodge a claim.
We have used this insurance company about 4 overseas trips.

DestinationNew Zealand
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Very Prompt Refund

After having to cancel my overseas trip due to Covid 19, I recently became aware of the possibility of a refund on my policy. A phone call later and the money is already in my account. After being told it could take up to 35 days, it actually took one. I'm very impressed.

Thanks RAC

Just received full refund of $23,000 for trip cancelled due to COVID 19. So simple to claim and done in 2 weeks. Been with them forever and never had a problem. Thanks RAC you are great.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

We had to cancel this insurance product and ask for a refund.

We have bought this excellent Multi-Trip travel insurance product for the last few years.
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we had to cancel our "yet to be activated" new insurance policy for June 2020 and ask for a refund. No problems - many thanks RAC.

DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Faultless experience

I am very impressed with RAC. During these Covid19 times RAC answered my phone calls every time, honoured the policy without any issues, responded in a timely fashion and the people answering my calls were very knowledgeable. The policy was good value. Will be using RAC for other insurances based on this experience. RAC has exceeded my expectations.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
happy outcome

happy outcomeSouth West, WA

will always insure with RAC

We were pleasantly surprised by the speed of our claim and refund. Rang day 1, refund in our account day 2. We always insure with the rac and will continue to do so.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMay 2020
Cheng Lim

Cheng LimPerth, WA

refund claim

It took me just over a month to secure a refund on the cancellation of my policy due to the closure of all ports by the Australian Government resulting in the non performance of the policy.

I guess the delay in processing my refund is due to the high volume of such claims for refund.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Insurance Cover ForSenior

Policy cover period deferred to later start date policy was

Very good value and so easy to set up, very efficient people to speak with.
Lodged a claim due to covid 19 only 12 working days to resolve with a full refund .this is our second year using RAC travel insurance, very impressed!

DestinationEurope and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Find out how RAC Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Insurance cancelled due to covid 19 cancelled event.

Because wedding to which we were travelling to in UK was cancelled due to covid 19 we enquired if we could cancel policy. Dealt with swiftly and efficiently with just two phone calls. Full refund given. Brilliant service. Often use rac when travelling and will continue to do so. Also have rac house and contents insurance. Always easy to deal with.

Vince

VincePerth

Great prompt service on issuing a refund.

Thanks RAC for the prompt refund when I accidentally purchased two policies for the same trip. No fuss, no delay..it is appreciated.
Guess that's why I use RAC for travel insurance

DestinationNew Zealand

Extension due to COVID19

I have an annual multi trip travel Insurance taken with RAC each year. This year, due to the Covid 19 pandemic and the restrictions on travel, my Insurance was extended for another year, without charge.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Just what I need from an Insurance Company

I took out travel insurance with RAC to cover a half world cruise and more for my wife and I early in January 2020. Due to travel restrictions we were unable to travel. I thought that we had lost our premium. My wife persuaded me to ask for a refund. To my surprise I was given a full refund for the policy. Magnificent customer service that I did not expect to get from an insurance company. They were just wonderful and I got the refund within 1 week. Brilliant!! I have had all of my insurance with RAC for 47 years and this is why. Such a great company.

HPW

HPWPerth, WA

Pandemic!

The policy was good value and will take one out again when the time comes. RAC was easy to contact, quick to reply, informative, helpful. Very impressed with how quickly the request was actioned and the professionalism of the service team.

Bernadette K.

Bernadette K.asked

RAC Travel Insurance

We are booked for travel in October, will we get back the $1400+ we paid for insurance if our flights are cancelled & travel bans are still in place

CJD
CJD

I think it depends on the date you brought insurance, either before virus warning, I cancelled my insurance as it was worthless, covered nothing due to purchasing after virus and they refunded immediately, if your insurance was paid pre warning they will cover everything, best to ring them it didn’t take long to get through.

Jue

Jueasked

Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance

I am supposed to travel to Vietnam on Friday , partial flights cancelled, plus unable to enter Vietnam re visa restrictions, should I be able to claim on my insurance for flights and accommodation?

Ray55

Ray55asked

RAC Travel Insurance

due to the corona virus do we get a refund for the Insurance, we have already cancelled our flights and accommodation.

Alana
Alana

Highly unlikely, RAC are wiping their hands. Read through their fine print and if you call their office, they will give you two phone numbers dedicated to Covid19 enquiries- one is an (02) number, the other a 1300 number...they just ring out or are engaged until someone finally answers. Good luck!

Senior
Senior

Hi Ray, depends when you purchased. And if you took out, cancellation for any reason. If you are in the twenty day cooling off period, you will get a full refund within days. Good luck.

Nettie
Nettie

Just call RAC if no luck online. I had no issue cancelling mine

Get an answer from our members and RAC WA Travel Insurance representatives