RAC WA Travel Insurance

RAC WA Travel Insurance

liars and conmen

please do not take out travel insurance with rac wa: it is nothing but a con
They are happy to take your premium but when things go wrong they don't want to know anything
RAC are just an agent and all their travel insurance is managed by a Japanese company (Tokio Marine and Nichido fire), based on the eastern states
many of their senior staff who are listed as local to Australia actually live and are based in the united states: so much for dealing with "locals"
Tokio Marine have an appalling reputation for delaying and not paying out legitimate claims: they are the worst insurer we have ever dealt with. RAC is out of the picture by then and will not deal with you, referring everything to Tokio Marine
RAC do not care about "local" people they are a bunch of greedy, arrogant business people

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Trip to Japan

We didn't have to use our RAC travel insurance, but felt safe knowing we had it. It was easy to set up online and I thought reasonably priced for us.

A bit trying to set up

While the customer service representative was polite it took three calls for him to get my email correct and the correct spelling of my dependent's names. This does detract from what should be a streamlined experience.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Everything covered

No problems setting up. Daryl Calder at RAC Mandurah was excellent and extremely patient in helping us to find the right travel option. Would thoroughly recommend Daryl to all those wanting to travel.

Claim MadeNo

Most reliable service: a vote of confidence

As a RAC member I find it is a painless exercise to make application for any travel insurance cover I request online. Further, I have the confidence that if I needed to make a claim in relation to my travel in the future, that I will be able to speak with an RAC representative to discuss any matters. Whilst I have not needed to make a travel insurance claim to date, I have used RAC on 3 previous and very unexpected occasions (for roadside assistance since 2015). Even though the RAC failed to provide a rescue vehicle to pick up our broken down vehicle caravan that were stuck out in the Great Central Road, in WA near to the NT border, I was pleased to be able to make a successful claim on my return home, based on validation of vehicles retrieval being carried out via a third party.

Rac travel r useless

Never go through rac travel they knocked my daughter claim back they have said her twisted tube was pre existing condition u only have 2 blood tubes and one was taken

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedNo

Not cheap but absolute value for money!

No issue in setting up and NO PROBELM in amending when necessary. Mrs Sharon Barlow at RAC DIanella Plaza was very helpful, effective and gracious. That personal touch makes it extra rewarding for us.

DestinationEurope

OK but not perfect

Easy to set up.. No waiting time on the phone which was appreciated. Some parts like 'pets, income protection, special events and rental car insurance' are irrelevant for us as we are visiting family only. 5% reduction helped but more would have been better.Would it be too hard to look into custom policies for people like us? Reduction for membership was appreciated too. Used RAC policy once before

Claim MadeNo

every one needs travel insurance

Every one regardless of your age should take out travel insurance. I have found that being a member of RAC their travel insurance is not expensive. To many time's on the news some one, has been injured but they have no insurance or they have had items stolen and no travel insurance. Before you leave on your next holiday do your self a favour and take out travel insurance for peace of mind.

So easy to claim

My husband ruptured his quad on the last day of our cruise. Medical crew were brilliant, ambulance to meet us at Fremantle port. Hospital stay covered by Medicare. Insurance help line young man was very helpful, emailed all the info. Submitted forms and bills by snail mail and was paid within 8 days.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes

Good coverage especially for hire cars

I have used this insurance twice. The extra charges for minor preexisting conditions was a little high. I have not made a claim in the past. Policy was good for hire cars

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationEurope

Great value for Money!

Fortunately I haven't had to lodge a claim but it was a breeze to set up and good value compared to a few others. I would most certainly recommend it to anyone.

See below for explanation

We've never been into Travel Insurance in a big way. Our main mode of travel for yonks has been in our camper van, without T.I. However, on this last trip to Melbourne, Gold Coast and home we did have T.I. At the time of the very efficient and well priced setting up, we were pleased with the result. But because we didn't use it, we have no idea how good it would have been, had we needed to use it. Cheers, Rob and Lynne Cairns.

Perfect travel insurance

Easy to understand and if/when a claim is lodge it’s all hassle free as long as you have the right information. All settlements agreed and done straight away, they don’t leave you hanging on for months

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Travel Insurance Made Easy

RAC Travel Insurance made the whole process fast and easy. This provided peace of mind during our recent trip overseas. We have used RAC in the past and will again in the future.

DestinationAustralia/Oceania
Claim MadeNo

Simple and easy to purchase on line

Yet to travel and have never made a claim. Policy was easy to purchase on line. Member discount helped.
Have purchased 2 policies now, but next time we travel it will be RAC Insurance that we use.

Great coverage

Have used RAC before with no problems...doing a bigger trip this time and had very pleasant experience taking out insurance for europe......roll on June Thank you for the continued information

Claim MadeNo

Good service in a time of crisis

The policy was easy to set up. I needed to make a claim at short notice and this was relatively easy on line. Staff were friendly and understood my situation.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

You do not want me to review your service - slow and unfriendly - after over 40 years with RAC.

Over 2 months to pay out a claim for $500 - dread to think if it was $5000 - no customer service - 10 working days for replies to emails - time off work to get a doctor to certify my illness was not a lie! Never again - have gone with another company for our next holiday

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

New policy to try out

Easy on Line. Have not had a chance to ascertain whether it is good or not as we have not yet commenced our holiday to Malaysia. 4 weeks to go before we travel.