Pickles Jones

Pickles JonesPerth

Reflection

I hope I never have to make a claim, seems like a drawn out process. with lots of paper work and emails to support your claim. However you are better off with it than without.

DestinationEurope, New Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Zac

ZacPerth, WA

Perfect cover

I have used RAC insurance a few times now and found the setup process to be quick, hassle free and good value for money. Will definitely be using RAC again.

Carl

CarlPerth, WA

Not looking good I would definitely look at different insurance not living up to there name

Thought the policy looked good.. but phone up when our flight were canceled and then was told because we had booked the insurance on 17 November which we had no information that our cancellation was to happen mind you.. they reckon they new on the 13 November that this was going to happen where was the Warnings that you should have maybe have let us know before we had taken out and accepted our funds. We are going hopefully to receive something from the airline that has canceled.. but are left with the remaining outstanding!!! Not looking like we are going to be reinstated by our phone call.

Chris L-D

Chris L-DWestern Australia

Local and the best

Very user friendly Policy to organise and staff member very helpful. This is the second year running that we have used this Multi-Trip Insurance Policy and have found it to very good value and very flexible. Ideal if you go overseas several times a year and it provides good cover for pre-existing illnesses.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

ripped big time

RAC make false and misleading statements and commercials.
Take their current TV commercials where they spruik being "local"
When you make a complicated travel claim like we had they are anything but local. We called their help line but from then on we were transferred to their insurance company (RAC is only an agent for tokio marine, one of the largest and nastiest insurance companies on the world who were charged with fraud and ripping off their customers to the tune nearly $100 million). After a few emails with them we were transferred to their senior USA staff. Hardly local. Their senior management also promised to monitor progress: did not happen. RAC did not care one bit about us: they are liars d thieves.

Type of ClaimOther

Wendy

WendyPerth, WA

Crap!

I got sick when I went to Philippines. Spent about $238.00 for the doctors. It didnt worry me because I thought I will claim it back and I am in good hands. Emailed them to claim my insurance and they told me I cant claim it because the reclaimable amount is $250! crap not even 20 bucks difference. Shame on your scam RAC!

Ian

IanPerth, WA

Shame on RAC

Lost a phone in Phuket to one of the honest taxi drivers. Put in a claim and after 9 days got a reply to supply everything from police report , travel itineraries etc to having Telstra writing a letter saying phone had be blocked. Caught once by this mob but will Never use them again. Told them to cancel my claim and I will replace the phone.

Shame on the RAC for being associated with them. Currently have 3 cars insured that will be getting a new insurance company also.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateOctober 2019

MemberLogin_not_pre-populating_Membership_number

It would be useful when getting and or buying travel insurance quotes to pre-populate member # and details rather than having to manually re-enter after login. Feeback about productt improvements. thanks

DestinationNew Zealand
P.a

P.aPerth, WA

never again

wife and kids went on a 2 months trip to malaysia and kids got sick in that period and was in and out with doctors, we had peace of mind as we thought we are covered but when they came back and tried to claim which was $300 all together in bills for both kids but was suggested from rac that we have to pay each kid w excess $250 if we want to claim but my understanding is that its the one policy they all are under then why different excess. didnt know this otherwise never would have taken from RAC. travelling again next month but will take insurance from other company. never again. disappointed

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Lan

LanPerth, WA

Unprofessional Staff who doesn't know their products!

Insurance Cover For:Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

JILLF

JILLFPerth, WA

Beware of the underwriter

You are not really dealing with RAC. Tokio Marine have a clause which covers them from replacing anything lost by calling it "left unattended". They don't seem to have a definition for "lost". Mine was a small claim for reading glasses lost at the airport but they have deemed them to be left unattended. RAC have tried hard but have no real leverage with TM. I'm very disappointed that RAC have aligned with such a ruthless company. I would not recommend using RAC for travel insurance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Mike D.

Mike D.Perth, WA

Travel Insurance made easy

RAC insurance does it again. Good insurance that is well priced and so eassy to get online. I plan to continue to use RAC dor all my insurance. Thank you RAC

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeNo

Don’t go with RAC when making a claim they will reject it

Copy of a email I received from RAC my GPS was lost or stolen read the terms and condition carefully they are covered when you try make a claim they call it unattached item well for it to be stolen has to be unattached to start with
In my case I left it in hotel room reported it as stolen they state the item wasn’t with you they call it unattached item as in they term and conditions I’m a member with RAC 15 years for a item worth $320 they lost a customer

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019

Julien

JulienPerth, WA

Ok until you have to make a claim

I have taken out travel insurance multiple times with RAC and was under the illusion that everything was great, people in Perth easy to deal with, price competitive. Making a claim is however a different story. The Tokyo company which underwrites the RAC are rude, difficult to deal with, demand a series of different lots of information. Anything to delay and frustrate you. Totally illogical to me that someone would give up a long planned European holiday to fly back to Australia to see a family member believed to be dying. Why would anyone do that? Yes there is documentation from the hospital to support this claim, still they continue to demand more and more. If you value your sanity don't go there.

Type of ClaimMedical
Tony

TonyPerth, WA

Basic domestic travel Perth to Melbourne

Quoted $130 then called 2 other places both were $40 when called to cancel man was very rude have been with Rac for 30 years have house car and breakdown will be calling around when policy are due

DestinationAustralia

Easy cancellation

I had duplicated the policy and asked for a cancellation.The cancellation confirmation was received within the hour. This was much better than expected and I was grateful not to have to go through a long process.

DestinationAustralia
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes

Richard

RichardPeel, WA

DON'T DO IT go to a better Co. RAC travel insurance is rubbish.

The majority of people on here who say how good RAC travel insurance is have never had to make a claim. They take your money then if you make a claim they pass you on to a Japanese company.

The product is not fit for purpose.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property, Medical and Other
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

liars and conmen

Gocanddoc

GocanddocPerth, WA

Trip to Japan

We didn't have to use our RAC travel insurance, but felt safe knowing we had it. It was easy to set up online and I thought reasonably priced for us.

Bu Wilson

Bu WilsonSouth West, WA

A bit trying to set up

While the customer service representative was polite it took three calls for him to get my email correct and the correct spelling of my dependent's names. This does detract from what should be a streamlined experience.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child