RAC Travel Insurance
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by RAC WA Travel Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (10)
    • 2-4 weeks (3)
    • 1-2 months (3)
    • 3+ months (4)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (18) · No (11)

RAC Customer
RAC CustomerPerth, WA

Poor claim consultant service.

We bought comprehensive vover. Has been over 2 months now and keep asking unreasonable information that we have said we dont have.

Someone
SomeonePerth, WA

Fast and efficient service when I needed to cancel my policy due to a change in my needs.

Did not use it as needed a multi trip policy.

• Incentivised Review No
  • DestinationAustralia
  • Claim Made No
Bunbury Gal
Bunbury GalWestern Australia

Good service on purchase and claiming.

Had a small claim when we got home (medical visit) and it was very quick and easy to claim - a phone call, email the documents, and the money was in my account within 2 weeks of getting home. Very happy. Although the policy was a bit more expensive than pre-covid, it was worth it for peace of mind on our 2 month trip to the USA. I went through the fine print before buying and it compared very well to other brands. I phoned before buying to see how easy they were to contact, and was answered very promptly.

RONNIE
RONNIEPerth, WA

I feel very safe to travel with this comprehensive travel insurance!

The policy insurance was easy to set up with the help of Michelle our travel consultant. Considering what it covered, especially Health, the cost was reasonable for " Peace of mind" when travelling internationally!

Tanya
TanyaPerth, WA

Great application

Great simple application form, Easy and competitive price. Was easy to use and particularly liked that finding the birthdates of the family was simple using the date finder. Great application process.

TANIA
TANIAPeel, WA

Great help

Had to cancel Car Hire Insurance due to cancellation of up coming trip.
Darryl at RAC Halls Head was fabulous as always with dealing it. I never have a problem when dealing with this store, they are always helpful and friendly.
Thank you so much.

Manny
Manny

THE BEST TRAVEL INSURANCE

Injured and required surgery in the Philippines last 22/04/2022. For $300aud for the 4 of us.
The Insurance takes care of all the medical bills and expenses. Reimburse my daily expenses straight away.Arranged the best Air Ambulance to evacuate me from Cebu to Perth non stop and get me home at my doorstep . Must have this insurance to cover me on my future trips and to my fellow Filipino people who are intending to go abroad.They are hassle free to deal with. Will definitely promote their service to the Filipino community here in Perth Western Australia.

Travel insurance and COVID-19: what you need to know

For many, international travel is back on the cards. Getting travel insurance that covers COVID-19 related events can give you peace of mind so that you can enjoy your trip while being safe, smart, and prepared - and you should know what to look out for before you shop around.

Clara V.
Clara V.
travel-insurance-and-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020

JUst purchased

I did a fair bit of research - this policy is best value for me. Covers all of my concerns. Highest Rental Car Excess. Fair definitions in the Exclusions. Easy to read PDS. Very knowledgeable call centre attendant was able to clarify a few points for me.

Joy Perth WA
Joy Perth WAPerth, WA

Travel Insurance refunded in full

The trip I was insured for could not go ahead due to Covid and I was refunded the cost of my policy in full without any form filling. A couple of e- mails didn’t make it to RAC but when they did I was repaid in full instantly. Thourougly recommend RAC insurance.First time used RAC for travel.

David
DavidWestern Australia

Very happy now

Found out that there is a limited cover for covid,that was weeks after I bought my insurance. I rang and changed to new policy and got refund from first policy , Holly was very helpful and efficient

Anne
AnnePerth, WA

The RAC really does look after those who live here

Over the last two years I have had major problems with one of the global travel companies who were heavy handed in their approach. So this time I decided to go with the RAC and I have not regretted that decision for a second. Unlike the first company the RAC acknowledged my issue through trip cancellation in the morning and acknowledged at lunch time that i would have a response later that day and had it all sorted with a new policy for another time period before close of business on the same day. Impeccable service and the use of my name in all acknowledgements was an extra bonus. It gave me confidence that I was dealing with real people. Thank you RAC. Anne

Paul
PaulPerth, WA

Prompt service

We cancelled a planned holiday due to Covid. Upon request RAC immediately cancelled our policy and fully refunded the premium. They cancelled without questioning our situation - was impressed with their speed and service.

Excellent Customer Service

Due to Covid we had some holidays cancelled but RAC have given us an extension to cover our new dates. Thanks for organising this so promptly, just one quick visit to the Joondalup office.

Skinny
SkinnyPerth, WA

RAC have been most helpful

Very good value for money
It took less than 24 hours to finalise my claim
First time for travel insurance
I use RAC for all my home home contents and caravan

All ways happy with any questions

Ali
Ali Perth, WA

Accurate updates from us regarding extending travel insurance policy. Not from RAC. With restrictions around covid with assumed, that as loyal RAC member's for over 4 decades, that we may have been alerted via email, phone call or SMS that our already updated policy was about to expire.

samtan95
samtan95asked
RAC Travel Insurance

Hi does the comprehensive travel insurance include riding motorcycles. If so are there any limitations? Thanks

Bernadette K.
Bernadette K.asked
RAC Travel Insurance

We are booked for travel in October, will we get back the $1400+ we paid for insurance if our flights are cancelled & travel bans are still in place

CJD
CJD
Jue
Jueasked
Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance

I am supposed to travel to Vietnam on Friday , partial flights cancelled, plus unable to enter Vietnam re visa restrictions, should I be able to claim on my insurance for flights and accommodation?

See all RAC Travel Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and RAC WA Travel Insurance representatives

Compare all 5 RAC Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Car, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and LifeCar, Home and Contents and Life
UnderwriterTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire InsuranceTokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance
Maximum Age Covered 110 years old110 years old110 years old110 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Accidental Death$25,000$15,000Not Included$25,000
Emergency DentalUnlimited$2,000$500Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks26 weeks
Resumption of Journey $5,000$1,500Not IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$6,000$3,500$1,500Not Included
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Loss of Income$10,400$5,200Not Included$5,200
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$7,500$2,000$7,500
Ancillary
Personal Liability $10,000,000.00$10,000,000.00$10,000,000.00$10,000,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess $8,000$4,000Not Included$5,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Included for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any sizeIncluded for any size
Domestic Pet Care $650Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included