RACV Travel Insurance - Extra Travel Care

RACV Travel Insurance - Extra Travel Care

Kerry

KerryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Two very grateful happy customers

Suits our needs

Had to cancel our holiday RACV insurance fantastic offering a refund we have used on several occasions with out any issues, we will continue to use RACV travel insurance.. thank you

Gweneth

GwenethGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tokio Marine Management are a disgrace

Trying to claim an international flight, my husband cancelled because of uncontrollable pain. I have all the necessary documentation from his doctor,physician and specialist stating clearly that his pain was from an undiagnosed disc bulge.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedNo
Elise E.RACV

Hi Gweneth, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Leigh - Social Media Consultant.

Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - Extra Travel Care compares to other Travel Insurance

Daz

DazCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I can always trust RACV

Even though I had to cancel my travel arrangements RACV kindly gave me a full refund of the premium. This was after I made a single phone call to a dedicated line set up to handle enquiries relating to the effect of the Corona Virus on travel insurance policies.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Fantastic service

I been too many time oversea and always used this insurance company .
I recommend RACV to my family and friends, my policy was really good but under the circumstance unfortunately I cancel and got all my payment back. Thanks

Che

CheVictoria

Giving me more grief than help

Insurance Cover ForAdult

Decided to cancel my planned trip to Japan due to health and safety concerns and wanted to cancel my travel insurance. I rang the hotline and was surprised with how easy and accomodating they were to cancel the insurance with no questions asked thank you!

Joansgirl

JoansgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service

Due to personal commitments and some uncertainty about travel risks, I have changed my travel plans - dates and destinations. I contacted RACV for advice and in one simple phone call was able to change all the details and even received a partial refund. Good service for good travel cover.

Hopeless

I rang yesterday enquiring where I stand if l am impacted by cancellations due to the Canara virus. I gave the operator my policy no. And he didn’t know where I stood. Said it was a hypothetical question And if happens just lodge a claim and wait and see! !

Travel Insurance

Watergardens RACV so glad store has reopened

3rd time using RACV when travelling, policy clearly explained by Mel and matched to our travel plans. Policy cost signifiantly less than what was quoted by our travel agent. Customer focused service

NaQ

NaQGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thank you everyone who took time to write your experiences to help others

I was about to buy RACV international travel insurance (really about to click to buy it) and thought I should check some reviews. I think you have all saved me lots of pain if I need to make a claim, and made me think about cheaper isnt better! Thanks everyone, I'm going elsewhere!

Lisa

LisaVictoria

Perfect customer service

I initially sourced a quote off the RACV website. I had a question to ask - Celeste was lovely to speak with and very helpful and completed my purchase. The cost is almost half what the travel agent handling our booking quoted - and we have a group booking of 98 for two weeks of travel.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Neil Crozier

Neil CrozierGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seem good value for money and covers the essentials

Yes good value for money.

Havent travelled yet.

Have had RACV travel Insurance on several occasions before and receive the 50 year membership discount.

It is easy to arrange a policy with RACV.

DestinationAustralia and East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Peter

Peter

Value policy. Hard to beat.

First time users. Policy was much cheaper than alternative offered by flight centre. List of inclusions covers all contingencies. Will be interesting to see service if we do happen to make a claim after our holidays

mdkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst experience with a service provider in my life

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Elise E.RACV

We are sorry to hear that this is still being looked into. Please contact us on 13 7228, and provide them your CASE ID number. Please call during normal business hours to refer this to member relations. Elise - social media consutlant

Pay

PayMelbourne

No Empathy or attention to details

This was my first time, will not be using them again. I lost everything due to fire and water damage overseas. The claims officer lacks attention to detail has not even bothered to look at the information already provided, asking again to provide the same information. Has no empathy. Response time is unacceptable 10 working days after every conversation has breached privacy. RACV is just trying its best ti get out of paying a claim while a claim logged with CGU by my husband for his things went so smoothly and was hassle free

Insurance claim madeYes
Aaron F.RACV

Easy to buy

Haven't had to use this yet, however it was easy to buy, a great price with the RACV discount! Would recommend.

Insurance claim madeNo
Aaron F.RACV

Good Afternoon! We're glad to hear it was easy to make this purchase with your RACV discounts! Please do not assist to contact us when you require assistance! Kind Regards, Mel.