RACV Travel Insurance - International

Gordon Turvey

Gordon TurveySouthwest, VIC

Forced Cancellation

I would really like to thank the RACV for the refund on our travel insurance after we had to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control, as pensioners this refund will go along way in these trying times. Again thanks RACV travel insurance, you will continue to receive my business.

Gweneth

GwenethGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tokio Marine Management are a disgrace

Trying to claim an international flight, my husband cancelled because of uncontrollable pain. I have all the necessary documentation from his doctor,physician and specialist stating clearly that his pain was from an undiagnosed disc bulge.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedNo

Happy RACV travelers

Took out new annual policy about 6 weeks ago to start mid April in time for first booked trip as all travel cancelled by government requested policy be cancelled and requested refund , full amount paid being refunded thank you

Michael
Michael

Michael Fox 3 Sugar Glider Place Langwarrin 3910
Member no 889091

Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - International compares to other Travel Insurance

My only suggestion is that the RACV Shop where the policy was purchased should also handle any further action required, rather than to refer you to telephone numbers and addresses that do not respond. I found that I could not contact the Insurer ; they did not responded to my correspondence. Thank you for finalising my problem

DestinationNew Zealand and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Satisfied customer!

RACV have demonstrated to me to be a trusted and reputable brand and have earned my ongoing custom. The RACV have resolved an insurance problem without a personal direct request to them being made . This is why I chose RACV travel Insurance over others .

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Daz

DazCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I can always trust RACV

Even though I had to cancel my travel arrangements RACV kindly gave me a full refund of the premium. This was after I made a single phone call to a dedicated line set up to handle enquiries relating to the effect of the Corona Virus on travel insurance policies.

Monika

Monika

Perfect

Good value for money. Haven’t used it as needed to cancel before cooling off period due to travel plans cancelled re Coronavirus. Helpful staff, excellent service, no pressure acted on immediately

DestinationEurope, New Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)

Fantastic service

I been too many time oversea and always used this insurance company .
I recommend RACV to my family and friends, my policy was really good but under the circumstance unfortunately I cancel and got all my payment back. Thanks

Che

CheVictoria

Giving me more grief than help

Refund after 21 day cooling off

Policy looked to be good value. Due to travel bans we asked to cancel the policy after 21 day cooling off and this was agreed too very quickly. Thanks so much

Nigel S.

Nigel S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

RACV has lost moral compass and sold out to shonks

I relied on RACV being a reputable brand. How wrong I was! Clearly they have sold out to the lowest possible underwriter and left us all exposed. When the aus gvt has advised to reconsider travel o/s due to coronavirus, RACV will only cover you if a “do not travel order” is declared. The rules of insurance require you to mitigate risk, however the phone operator can only encourage you to take your travels (at any risk) until “do not travel” is declared. Shame on you RACV !!!! Clearly you have sold out and are leaving aussies exposed. Recommend anyone but RACV travel insurance.

Elise E.RACV

Hi Nigel, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Tammy- Social Media Consultant

Decided to cancel my planned trip to Japan due to health and safety concerns and wanted to cancel my travel insurance. I rang the hotline and was surprised with how easy and accomodating they were to cancel the insurance with no questions asked thank you!

BJQ

BJQGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non coverage of corona virus related illness.

I have been a member of RACV for 33 years. I have used your travel insurance many times. I am extremely disappointed that you will not cover for Corona virus related illness. I booked in January yet you won't provide coverage. So much for loyalty to RACV.

LOYALTY COUNTS FOR Z E R O

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Fantastic service

First time I use RACV insurance would recommend it to anybody it is a fantastic insurer next time I go overseas again I will still use RACV really good service and friendly people to talk to

Joansgirl

JoansgirlGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service

Due to personal commitments and some uncertainty about travel risks, I have changed my travel plans - dates and destinations. I contacted RACV for advice and in one simple phone call was able to change all the details and even received a partial refund. Good service for good travel cover.

Hopeless

I rang yesterday enquiring where I stand if l am impacted by cancellations due to the Canara virus. I gave the operator my policy no. And he didn’t know where I stood. Said it was a hypothetical question And if happens just lodge a claim and wait and see! !

Insurance Cover ForSenior

Watergardens RACV so glad store has reopened

3rd time using RACV when travelling, policy clearly explained by Mel and matched to our travel plans. Policy cost signifiantly less than what was quoted by our travel agent. Customer focused service

Insurance Cover ForAdult

Great service in Warragul - than you!

Thank you for your professional, friendly service - much appreciated.
I haven’t travelled as yet but am confident that my insurance needs are well-met. Thank you to the staff in regional Warragul.

Elise E.RACV

Hi, Thank you for such fantastic feedback. We are glad that we are able to assist you with you travel needs. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Kind regards, Janice, Social Media Consultant

Sue S.

Sue S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very simple and fast

Good price for the policy and very very easy to fill out the pre existing medical conditions and we were very happy with the price as we also got Racv member discount.(online the price was shown instantly so no waiting for it) -haven’t had a claim and hope not to ever need to, so can’t comment on that . I do have trust in RACV so happy to insure with them.