RACV Travel Insurance - Total Travel Care

RACV Travel Insurance - Total Travel Care

Gordon Turvey

Gordon TurveySouthwest, VIC

Forced Cancellation

I would really like to thank the RACV for the refund on our travel insurance after we had to cancel due to circumstances beyond our control, as pensioners this refund will go along way in these trying times. Again thanks RACV travel insurance, you will continue to receive my business.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
BJQ

BJQGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non coverage of corona virus related illness.

I have been a member of RACV for 33 years. I have used your travel insurance many times. I am extremely disappointed that you will not cover for Corona virus related illness. I booked in January yet you won't provide coverage. So much for loyalty to RACV.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

LOYALTY COUNTS FOR Z E R O

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Travel Insurance

Find out how RACV Travel Insurance - Total Travel Care compares to other Travel Insurance

Fantastic service

First time I use RACV insurance would recommend it to anybody it is a fantastic insurer next time I go overseas again I will still use RACV really good service and friendly people to talk to

Elise E.RACV

Great service in Warragul - than you!

Thank you for your professional, friendly service - much appreciated.
I haven’t travelled as yet but am confident that my insurance needs are well-met. Thank you to the staff in regional Warragul.

Elise E.RACV

Hi, Thank you for such fantastic feedback. We are glad that we are able to assist you with you travel needs. Thanks again and we look forward to being there for you on your next trip. Kind regards, Janice, Social Media Consultant

Peta

PetaSouthwest, VIC

Extremely Disappointed - be wary of RACV Travel Insurance because insurance is through Tokio Marine - woeful!

I would not recommend this policy. On this trip I decided to change to RACV after using Travel Insurance Direct on other occasions due to a review rating by Choice.
Never again.
Our flight was delayed due to technical issues and I missed a tour and transfers which I have been informed is not covered by RACV.
If I had stayed with TID this travel delay claim would have been paid -
This is what TID cover for Travel Delay
Cover if your pre-paid scheduled transport is delayed, rescheduled or cancelled for reasons outside your control (including the airline delaying your flight for mechanical reasons) for reasonable additional meals and accommodation; and your unusable pre-paid travel arrangements.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Elise E.RACV

Hi Peta, we’re sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Randall - Social Media Consultant.

Dalmor

DalmorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great , until you need it

Had to cancel fully insured trip to England due to the death of my mother .Same experience as Sannordav , 8 months later offered $550 , too exhausted by the process to take it further , to top it off got a flat tyre during this process, said they couldnt change it as we were on a main road

Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Elise E.RACV

Hi , were sorry to hear that RACV Insurance did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We will contact you via private message to discuss this further and investigate.

Warm regards, Nicole - Social Media Consultant.

SannordavGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Be way of RACV Travel Insurance because insurance is through Tokio Marine - woeful!

Sannordav

Sorry, should have proof read! Heading should begin BEWARE!

Elise E.RACV

Warm regards, Robert - Social Media Consultant.

Cath Farrell

Cath FarrellSouthwest, VIC

So very disappointing

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019

Mrs C.

Mrs C.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Sold an invalid travel insurance policy

I am a gold RACV member and recently paid for a top level travel insurance policy in the local RACV store for my daughter travelling overseas on a school trip. A few days later, I called the RACV insurance hotline to confirm aspects of the policy only to be told it was invalid due to the fact that home stay accommodation constituted part of her trip. I was not informed of this whilst taking out and paying for the policy. Absolutely shameful that the RACV sells invalid policies to unsuspecting loyal customers. Never again.

Insurance Cover ForTeenager
Sharon D

Sharon DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Too hard and expensive to extend policy when holiday was extended

The initial set up was all easy and a good experience. But when we extended our trip we were advised this couldn't be done online or via email, only via phone. Very inconvenient when overseas with expensive phone calls and in different timezones. Also the price quoted to me in the email from RACV for extending for 10 days was more expensive than starting a new policy with a different provider. Not much incentive for using RACV - too hard and too expensive!

DestinationSouth America
Rhonda Nicholson

Rhonda NicholsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My advice, proceed with caution

Claim ApprovedYes
Peter

PeterSouthwest, VIC

Insurance for goods prepaid but failure to supply. i.e. airfares, accommodation and transfers etc.

We were unaware of the lack of insurance cover or that no cover would be provided for any payments made prior to traveling, to a Travel agency for airfare, accommodation or transfers not provided when overseas

Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Jo MGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Agree 100% - Also The Worst Experience Of My Life

Not paid

Not paidVictoria

Made too difficult to claim.

The policy was easy to set up. However, I had to cancel due to ill health. The claim has never been paid out as the information that was required by RACV was very difficult to get, as my doctor did not think it was appropriate or necessary. In the end I have let the matter drop as it became too difficult.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Kavs

KavsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No complaints

It was good value when compared to other quotes from travel agents.
I have only ever lodged one claim through sudden illness before travel, and it was settled with ease and in good time.
Racv insurance have been my go to travel insurance company for 25 years.

DestinationNew Zealand and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Meenal T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer service and worst claim handler

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

[Personal details removed]

Elise E.RACV

Hi Meenal, thank you for providing your information. We have escalated this to our Member Relations Team for Investigation. On average our Member Relations Team will be in contact within 3 business days. Warm Regards Martin- Social Media Consultant.

John H

John HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Buyer beware

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2019
RACV Care T.RACV

FrankMelbourne

BEWARE - RACV TRAVEL INSURANCE

We recently had to return early from an overseas holiday to attend my elderly mother's funeral. After submitting all the required paperwork Tokio Marine rejected the claim and would not payout the cancelled tour costs OR additional air fares to return to Australia due to a 'pre-existing illness'. In our opinion this is not fully explained or specifically covered for third parties in the PDS. Quick to take our premiums for insurance over many years with no consideration whatsoever for long standing RACV customers. Very disappointing outcome!!

Insurance claim madeYes
Aaron F.RACV

Hi Frank, We are sorry to hear of your recent experience with our travel insurance. Can you please PM us your member number, policy number, full name and address so we can look into this for you.

Kind regards,