Rawson Homes

Exciting Times

Like all things it starts from the ground up.
In this instance it's all about the work carried out behind the scenes before the starting of the build.
This being our first time building the information and assistance provided from the PCA member (Lauren) has been excellent.
No question that we asked was too difficult for Lauren to answer and explain in terms that we could relate too.
She always got back to us in a speedily manner and always had a positive and welcoming tone of voice.
Thanks again Lauren for your professional help.
We look forward to the rest of our construction journey.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Debbie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, we are very lucky to have Lauren on our team! We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Dream home begins

Very happy with the pre-construction phase. Gina at Rawson was quick to help us along the way and responded swiftly with our countless questions and emails. She was easy to deal and with and patient, we now look forward to our Dream home construction starting. Will recommend Rawson to family and friends.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Shane, Thanks so much for your feedback on Gina. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Nice House & Great Location

The build has been progressing well. Kane has been updating the build progress on monthly basis. He is always reachable in case if I wanted to check the progress of the build progress. The house has come good as per the plan. We are eagerly looking for the final inspection data and the house key to move in. Thank you so much Rawson Homes for maintaining the standard build quality. Kane has repeatedly mentioned to me that there will be multiple quality checks conducted on the property to ensure that the house has been built as per Australian standards. This gives me full confidence over Rawson Homes. Thank you so much for all your support Kane.

Build StageMid-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Arul. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, we are very lucky to have Kane on our team! We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Rawson team has been awesome so far!

This is our first home build so reading all the horror stories online made us wary coming into the build process. So far though, we have to say that the Rawson team is well run. The process is clear and you're guided from beginning to end. Our sales consultant David T was very knowledgeable - he answered a lot of our Qs around est. pricing and upgrades which really helped to manage our expectation around build costs. He also helped to redesign our top floor - we wanted to extend the first floor of our Huntley 30 (5BR) to make the rooms bigger so that helped us to imagine what the house could look like. Once we paid for the tender, we were assigned our PCA - Lauren C. She's very efficient and answers our Qs truthfully. Unfortunately, the contract is very pro-Rawson and we can't make any changes to the contract (be prepared for that!). Ashley K did our plan presentation. People say drafting team tend to miss things or make mistakes, but Ashley did the sketches accurately and the plans we got back was mostly accurate. It prob helped that we had an excel spreadsheet with all our changes to help keep track of them all. We then went on to the fun part of choosing our internal colours with Lauren B and electrical selections with Katherine T. The girls were really great to work with. They're knowledgeable, gave great and practical suggestions/recommendations when we're stuck so we're able to make our choices without too much trouble.

We'll update this post once we go into construction but so far so good with Rawson.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks for the great feedback KFSee, we really appreciate it. Best of luck with the construction phase.

Great quality home - but beware pre and post construction service!

We are very happy with the quality and design of our chifley that we completed in october 2017. The construction was completed promptly and the quality of finish and dedication of the site manger was excellent.

Once construction commence things went smoothly (after the first two supervisors resigned) and the majority of the build was handled very well. We had an independent inspector review the building prior to final payment and there were very few issues that needed to be dealt with which is a credit to the supervisor.

Unfortunately the pre construction phase was lengthy and full of delays, there were mistakes made in the approval stage which created additional unnecessary costs and delays which I suspect was due to inexperienced staff making decisions relations to planning that were incorrect. The lead in to construction from tender request was 10 months which was double that of our neighbours and very frustrating.

The post construction warranty phase is also very bad and even though we only need minor warranty work there is no interest in rectifying problems.

Emails are not responded to and phone calls don't get returned. I literally have tiles falling off but can't get anyone to fix them!

If you are patient and have low service expectations then go with rawson otherwise i'm sure there are better options.

Construction End DateOctober 2016

Great building experience with Rawson Homes building the Benham 33

Overall my build was well managed by Rawson Homes from start to finish. We did a knock down rebuild and chose the Benham 33 in Bankstown area. There were of course some issues along the way due to poor management by our initial Project Manager Wayne e.g. lack of communication and updates and failure to fix issues as per our inspection report. From the start, Rawson was extremely helpful in explaining the process, being upfront with costs so there were no surprises, and they were knowledgeable with how the local council worked. We thoroughly enjoyed every step of the pre-build process from reviewing/editing our plans, selecting externals & internals right through to the submission of plans to council - our pre-construction admin Anny was very helpful and made us feel comfortable every step of the way. She was very efficient and organised and knowledgeable about how Bankstown council worked to make it easier for us.
I would advise that anyone wishing to build should do their research in advance - talk to other people who have build-what they would do and wouldn't do and would do differently, visualise how your house would look like (where the light switches should be, practicality of the windows and doors, and the colour scheme). Do your research and come prepared to the meeting with your choices and decisions. This speeds up the process, you'll feel less stressed and overwhelmed; there is a lot of info to absorb and you have limited times to make choices as change fees do apply.

Once we got to the construction stage, unfortunately our Project Manager wasn't on the ball as we thought and perhaps he had his own reasons but we did not feel looked after. The build was behind schedule by 3 months, he failed to provide us timely weekly updates as promised and we soon realised that he had never been on site to check that the works had been done. We raised this issue with Rawson head office and they assigned Paul and he was excellent. He kept tabs on the tradies, told us what's been done and what's planned the following week and was very happy to meet us at the site and give us a progress tour when requested. If there were any issues, he'd upfront and honest and that was all we wanted. When he confirmed the handover date, everything went as planned. We walked through our house and marked out anything that needed to be retouched.

Overall we are very happy with our build and the quality has been high standard. During the first 3 months moving in, there were some defects such as paint retouches and a leak in our garage. We contacted our Warranty Manager Scott and he organised tradies to fix everything in a very timely manner. We've had some massive storms recently and no water damage in our garage which was great.

The final cost was no different to what we quoted. The only thing that was outside of the quote were council fees. I would say Rawson Homes prices are reasonable.

We did have a few issues with obtaining the OC, unfortunately the council worker who created the DA included a clause to have landscaping fully finished before OC could be obtained which was absolutely ridiculous! I would recommend you read the fine print carefully before signing any DA. Our post-construction admin was Alana was excellent and guided us throughout the process of obtaining our OC and at times we were frustrated with how long it took but she was very patient with us.

I would highly recommend Rawson Homes; we had a very good building experience and it was mostly smooth and I'd build again. The only reason why I did not give Rawson 5 stars was due to the issues we had with our initial Project Manager.

Construction End DateMarch 2018
Thanks so much for your review, Nancy. We’re so happy to hear you love your new home. We hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Great experience with Pre Construction Admin

Our Pre-Construction Admin, Lauren Chaney has been very organized, prompt and accurate. She kept us informed at all times and this made us at peace while waiting for council approval. The process is very smooth as she is very efficient and reliable. It was a great experience working with her.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for your review, Leah. We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed working with Lauren. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Perfect job

Excellent time management
Excellent handover process
OC is organized well before handover which saves huge amount of time for end user
Walk through process is well organized and provides lots of useful information

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thanks so much for your review, Tom. We’re so happy to hear about your experience. We hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Above and Beyond? - Maybe it's their Norm

I thought I would write to you regarding my experience with Rawson Homes.
My family and I were investigating the purchase of a block of land in the Sutherland Shire. We had identified one, however we wanted to do our due diligence on the block prior to making a formal offer. We visited approx. 6 builders, one of which was Rawson Homes and in particular Elie. I would like to congratulate Rawson Homes and in particular Elie for the professional manner our inquiry was handled, the best by a million miles. Elie went out of his way to ensure we had enough information, both soft copies and hard copies to make further inquires at the council as well as recommend an alternative, and more suitable, design based on the questions he had asked us. He backed up the with a phone call after our council meeting and set up a time to meet to go through the design to create a “rough” estimate to ensure the design was within our budget. NOT ONE OTHER BUILDER EVER CALLED - THEY JUST GAVE ME A BROCHURE AND SAID TAKE A LOOK AROUND. SERIOUSLY??.
Although ultimately we did not end up going through with the offer on the land and ultimately purchased an existing home, I can guarantee you that I will tell 100 people about my positive experience with Rawson Homes.
All I wanted to say was CONGRATULATIONS, I am not too sure if it is above and beyond Rawson's normal standard but I can tell you it is well and truly above and beyond your industry standard.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Steve, Thanks so much for your feedback on Elie. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers - or "almost" customers in this case! We really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch and let us know about your experience. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Pre-Construction

I have just completed the pre-construction stage and everything has been excellent so far! The customer service from the Rawson Team has been A++.

Thank you so much! Can’t wait for the build to commence.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for your review, Julie. We love hearing such positive feedback. We hope you enjoy you new home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Kane Wood Site Manager - Fantastic Job

Kane Wood was an excellent site manager, helping my property complete its construction months before the scheduled contract date. He provided monthly updates of all the work completed and a summary of the planned work for the next month. Every month he delivered on the planned work. An improvement would have been if his status reports were provided in a more organise fashion with expected duration of tasks. Very happy to the speed and quality of the work.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Eshan, Thanks so much for your feedback on Kane. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Excellent work done sofar

Staff at Rawson Homes are very professional. Especially our site supervisor Will is so good and understands our needs and he is always helpful in resolving our issues/concerns and updates us every week on status of the construction. On this note I would also like to Thank you Pre construction manager Kellie for sorting out our issues.
One of bricklayer told us that we are lucky to have Will as Site supervisor and expect the house ahead of given time which is true.
I strongly believe the rest of the construction will go ahead in the same way.

Build StageMid-Construction
Thanks so much for your kind words Somesh. We wish you all the best with the rest of your build, and hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Great Experience

I have built my house with Rawson homes in Half Moon Estate Schofield. I am impressed with the professionalism throughout the process. The site Manager Kane Wood has provided me regular updates on the project status and arranged inspections during the construction phase. Had a final inspection last week and everything is as per expectations. I will always consider Rawson Homes for my future requirements.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Prashant, Thanks so much for your feedback on Kane. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

I regret building with Rawson, take your business elsewhere if you want a reliable and fast build cause Rawson ain't it.

My experience with Rawson was only great at the beginning, which was the sales consultant stage, they want your business so obviously that’s where they need to be great at. Unfortunately, it’s all been downhill from there.

The pre-construction stage was very sluggish. It was so slow to change house features such as deleting a wall or adding a bath tub niche recess and quoting it up. Slow as in it sometimes takes them a week or more to reply to a single Yes or No question. I have a floor plan drafting background and I assure you, this is done instantly on the drafting side so the problem must be coming from the admin side which is clearly visible as along with the delays, there has been so many errors in the orders and colours selection which add delays to get right. We’ve also had to go through 3x pre-construction administrators, and each transition always caused further delays.

The quoting is terrible, please ensure that you always ask for a breakdown with your variations as they will rip you off. Also make sure you are being refunded the amount for all the little things that they delete e.g. decreasing a window size or deleting a window overall. They will charge you a hefty amount for adding but refund you very little when subtracting. Also make sure the descriptions on your variations list are very accurate e.g. ‘Victorian Ash handrail and extended bottom tread’ should be ‘Victorian Ash handrail and Victorian Ash extended bottom tread’ etc.

Going into the construction stage, my house is now 1 week overdue. I’ve gone through 3x site supervisors and while the first and the third did a great job, they were only there for about 1.5 months each, the problem was the second guy, unfortunately he worked on the site the longest, 8+ months. The third, which is his replacement is excellent, however, he is only a short-term replacement until they find a dedicated site supervisor. That is ridiculous. There are only a few things left in the house before PCI, carpet and drive way I think. Let the current guy finish it and let the new guy work on a new project elsewhere.

The progress of the construction stage was also very slow. There were periods such as a month would go by and no work was done, or the tiniest most miniscule job was the only work carried out the whole week. Every job has taken at least twice the time it normally takes to complete. I am good friends with our neighbours and even they’ve noticed there aren’t a lot of times when there are tradies working on site. Our build has been much slower than the builds going on around in the street as most have progressed twice the rate.

In terms of the finish quality, it’s well under satisfactory. There’s a wall that didn’t look straight, and when I took a 1 metre level to it, it was off plumb and the sheet has warped wavy heavily, I haven’t checked the rest as I know it would only cause disappointments. Some bricks had mortar gaps and weren’t solidly stuck, a set of bricks near the porch would move if I pushed it. The stacker door tracks where damaged from installation, broken from the start, didn’t even last a day. Paint is very thin in a lot of areas and lots of paint splatter leftovers on window aluminium sills. Not all windows are aligned with each other, some higher than the others causing uneven window gaps. A section of a floor was creaking every time it was stepped on upstairs. A door trim has been split. Bathtub recess niche was left out. A shower door would hit the shower tap if it was opened towards the inside. Power socket for the washing machine was installed way above the benchtop, in the middle of the splashback height wise, what good is that if I’m not able to plug in the washing machine like what it was intended for? Let alone they’ve even forgotten to install a laundry sink. These are only a few finish issues that are quickly visible, I haven’t been able to go through the house thoroughly yet. Just utterly completely hopeless. Luckily, our current supervisor who is temporary has fixed some of these problems, he said some will be amended after the practical completion inspection and to make sure that I point them out, I doubt it, however.

We are now nearing our 12-month lease period and the landlord wants to know if we would like to extend our lease either another 6 or 12 months, and it is rubbish because we should’ve been packing up and moving in to the new house this month, instead, we now must pay 3-4 months of rental excess. The build date was due on 25 February 2019 as it started 9 April 2018 which makes it exactly 43 weeks including the 3-week Christmas break. It’s now been two weeks late and counting and there’s not even a slight idea of when it will be completed because it doesn't even look like it will be completed any time soon. I would like to have a word with the area manager and discuss this issue as if it was me causing the delays, I’m pretty sure Rawson would be quick to add a large variation fee for causing them delays. For them, it's a measly $40/day liquidation damages fee.

This is completely unacceptable from a building company as big as Rawson is. I signed with them as their display homes are beautifully designed, professionally finished and well-presented and unfortunately, the house I’m getting is nowhere near the quality of these builds even after purchasing expensive upgrades. They’re super slow in all areas whether it be quoting, drafting, admin or construction and I assume also slow on the warranty as I’ve read here that warranty is close to non-existent, they're even slow in replying! I cannot and will never recommend Rawson if you want a reliable, fast and problem free build. I will update and edit this as I’m sure, further problems will be had in the next few months.

Build StageMid-Construction
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience building with Rawson Homes. We are sorry to hear of your concerns. We have private messaged you to get your preferred contact number. Kind regards Rawson HomesThe message above is rubbish by the way. They give you a pre-written copy and pasted response saying they will private message you, they then give you another rubbish pre-written copied and pasted private message asking you for your details. You then give your contact number and details and nothing happens. Typical Rawson.We have just sent you a direct message to follow up on this.

Excellent service!

We have just completed our Handover with our site manager Srdjan. He has been very at attentative through out the whole process and has provided us with great service and aftercare. We recommend building with Rawson!

Build StagePost-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Jun. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, we are very lucky to have Srdjan on our team! We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Pre-Construction Review

I have no other words but praises to the pre-construction team of Rawson! Specifically to Elie, our sales consultant, to Rachel, our PCA, and Kellie, the pre-construction manager. They all displayed exceptional customer service and went out of their way to accommodate our needs and all the effort they put through to push our file into construction. Overall, we can say that it is all about Elie and Rachel that made us decide to build with Rawson due to their efficiency, transparency, and knowledge.

Now that we are about to start the construction of our home, we hope that Rawson construction team would display the same exemplary performance as what we have experienced in pre-construction.

Friendly staff.

We have just finished the pre construction process this week. We are building a huntley 30 and love its layout. Our sales consultant Rosa has been truly amazing. She displayed exceptional level of customer service. She helped us through siting of the different lots that we were looking into before we ended up buying our land. She was always ready to help without any pressure. Feels like she was one of the reasons we decided to build through rawson.

We felt like the pre construction phase has been a bit of a drag and almost impossible to reach anyone on phone in rawson head office which was frustrating at times. Also dont believe standard tender of 180days is anywhere near adequate.

However our second pre construction manager Monika really helped to push through our file to construction as soon as she could, after she took over. She was super efficient, very prompt with her emails and guided us well throughout the remaining process. She followed up with everything for us, giving us regular updates and we can't thank her enough.

We are glad to have worked with some awesome staff in rawson. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Subaa. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, we are very lucky to have Rosa and Monika on our team! We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Excellent customer service!

[Name Removed] has been extremely helpful and engaged at every step of the pre-construction. She was always there to help us with information that we require and maintained timely communication with us and the lender. She has gone the extra mile to have our file completed and passed to the construction team . We have been really happy with the support that we received from [Name Removed].... :)

Build StagePre-Construction

On our way to our dream house.....!

It all started with a visit to Rawson Elara at Marsden Park, in May 2018, where we first met Tomas at the Sales Office. He was always friendly, approachable and very patient (never pushy) in answering many of our questions over several of our visits there, and was able to help us put together a rough draft on how our dream house would look like.

We were impressed with the whole team, starting with Gerry at the Tender Presentation, Lauren, the Exterior Colour Consultant, Ashleigh on the structural variations, Charlie, the Internal Colour Consultant and Kathryn on the Electrical Selection. Every one of these ladies were friendly and knowledgeable in their field and very pleasant to work with. They were very professional and helpful with our queries but never impatient with us. We enjoyed the whole experience from the Tender stage and the Pre-construction process and are thankful for the team's help and support in our journey towards building our dream house!

We have just completed our Pre-Construction stage and we are extremely happy with our experience thus far. We had great support from Rachel (PCA) and then Monika (Workflow Coordinator). Throughout the whole process, these ladies were very patient, professional, prompt, precise and friendly in all our dealings with them. We appreciated of how they managed our file efficiently and swiftly at each stage of the process without delay. At the later stage, there were times when we felt overwhelmed, and Monika made extra effort to explain the situations to us and guided us along.

We would definitely love to work with the whole team again in the future if we have the opportunity! Thank you very much to each and everyone. You are our 'Dream Team'!

Our site manager, Jeff, has just touched base with us and provided updates on initial works carried out onsite so far and the forthcoming schedule. Hope everything will go smoothly from here on. Fingers crossed!

Construction End DateNovember 2019
Hi Fiona, Thanks so much for your feedback. We have a great team here at Rawson Homes and really appreciate hearing from happy customers. We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes

Great!!!

We just finished our pre-construction process. We had to sign some variations along the way. However, this was an easy task. We are very happy with our pre-construction supervisor Maddison. She was very helpful during our pre-construction process. She would answer our questions quickly and clear any doubts we would have. I hope that our construction also works without any problems like our pre-construction process.

Build StagePre-Construction
Thanks so much for kind words, Samir. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us—and we agree, we are very lucky to have Maddison on our team! We hope you enjoy your Rawson Home for many years to come. Kind regards Rawson Homes