Ray's Outdoors

See the Best Camping Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Leema

LeemaAU

Poor retail experience - online and stores

The negative comments from previous reviewers are legitimate and reflect my own experience.
Couldn't fulfill my online order. Followed up with call centre and got the 'different offices' excuse. Was instructed to call around stores directly myself then in the end they refused to ship across state lines. An outdated retail model that will probably see these guys go under in the modern, digital world.

Vicki80

Vicki80Southern and Hills, SA

Reliable postage, great customer service, good product and price.

Nikolay

Nikolay

Love the service.

The service is second to none. I recently received a 20.00 rewards bonus just for being a customer. Who else does that. I bought a Columbia t-shirt with it and after discounts it cost me 1.75 in cash and then bought a discounted Outrak long sleeve t-shirt with zip up neck for 14 .50. Its an excellent shop with excellent products and i would always shop here over anaconda or bcf.

Icky

Icky

Expiry date on gift cards

Since we've travelled a lot over the last 18 months we received a Rays gift card for Christmas. We were shocked to find that there was a 12 month expiry date on the back of the card! There was extensive media coverage and criticism a few years ago about expiry dates on gift cards. Since then every retailer we are aware of has relaxed this outrageous rule. But not Rays!
Get with the times Rays Outdoors! Trying to increase forced purchases at the cost of losing customers is a very unwise business tactic.
We have requested our family and friends not to get us any more Rays gift cards.

Tagged on shelf special for hiking boots at 114 then scanned at 225. Sales assistant then virtually

Very very poor customer service. Accused of changing special tags. And she still had the nerve to sell me the boots. Btw tag was for the product I wished to purchase. It is not the customers fault if products are not tagged correctly

Jack 2

Jack 2melbourne

Membership rewards

I have been a member with Rays for years. I was of the understanding that you got reward dollars held in credit for purchases based upon what you have previously spent. I was never made aware of the fact that these have an expiration date of 12 months.
Today I was in store and asked what my reward total was, I was expecting several hundred dollars as this is what it was when I had previously asked. Their answer nil.

I am for sure not ever coming back to this store again. They are not cheap and only of benefit with their credit rewards.

There are plenty of other retailers to choose from.

I was not notified my credit had and expiry.

I was not notified my credit would soon run out.

Shebri11

Shebri11Sydney

Excellent On-Line Company

Marnie

Marnie

Great advice

We recently went to Rays outdoors to purchase our first family tent. We had no idea what we were looking at and what would suit us. As soon as we walked we were greeted and asked if we needed help. The employee then spent the next hour with us showing us all the things we NEED and then extras that would HELP. We weren’t pushed into anything and felt no pressure at all to purchase anything. We came back a few days later after being told it would be on sale in a few days and purchased everything at once. Great service. Hoppers crossing store definately recommend

Damaged stock

Bought camping items from rays had to return half of my order due to damage , clothes still had security tags on them..
When i recieved my order for the 2nd time there was damage to my merchandise..i emailed 2 different departments with no response..

Mullso

MullsoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Zebra Camping Mugs

Solid build
Hold the heat
a wee bit expensive but worth it - we had cheap enamel ones from Big W - they didnt last three camping trips !

WARNING: Keep away from online ordering!

Placed an order online. Parcel arrived - trouser sizing all wrong. Trying to return for refund. The contact number in their returns policy has been disconnected! No reply to email. Stuck with expensive clothes that don't fit. This is usually the behaviour of a company about to fold, so don't risk your money with online orders!

Will not order from here again. 6 weeks and still waiting for my order to arrive. I live in Melbourn

No Refund

Hat ordered on line was too small. Returned for refund. No luck. Have emailed marketing and received no response. Still no refund. Weeks now.

Matthew Wong

Matthew WongAustralia

Late post - Castle hill closing down sale

Great sales when Castle hill - Rays outdoors was closing down. I was so sad for them as I always use to buy gas cans and other camping gear cheap from these guys. I hope the one at camperdown is equally as good

Sandy

Sandy

Fast on-line Postage

Ordered a jacket on-line and received it in two days!
Good quality rain jacket - exactly as described, would definately order on-line again
Superfast postage - Very Happy!

Customer feedback

Peter Kirsty and Bernard were very professional and helpful. They answered my queries and were Informed too!! I will be back. Great service !!

Giving up on getting refunded for faulty product

It's been months emailing backwards and forwards asking for a post paid bag to be sent so I can return a faulty camping light that failed me on the first use. It cost me lots of money as I lost market sales due to my gazeebo being in darkness and still it's not resolved.
Won't buy from them again

Gerry Walker

Gerry WalkerSouthwest, VIC

Not happy, Ray!

Online ordering nightmare.

Shoes were ordered on 8/12 (guaranteed delivery before Xmas for all purchases made before 13/12) and when delivered on Monday 19/12 they had picked the wrong shoes from the warehouse (low cut shoes that look nothing like mid hiking boots). Staff through the whole process have been so unhelpful and it has taken too long (still have not received the correct shoes as of 2/1/17). Express post had apparently been arranged for the 20/12 and currently still awaiting delivery. Poor service considering I initially paid $20 postage with this company to have the shoes delivered and other stores I ordered through on the same day had free postage and delivery took 3 business days NOT over 3 weeks and counting. Very poor.

Terrible Steel Cap Boots