Redsbaby Skip

Redsbaby Skip

By far THE BEST PRAM on the market

After much research, the Redsbaby pram (Metro Indigo) ticked all the boxes for me. This was my wishlist; reversible carriage, lightweight, easy to fold/unfold, lays flat, very large under carriage and weight capacity for shopping, leather handle, peep hole through hood, age range for child, and most importantly Redsbaby is an Australian company. I was pleasantly surprised about the manoeuvrability also, it's so easy to push and steer. A couple of things that could have been improved were the hood could have been lower, although I believe the newer prams now have a great low hood or the option of an attachment which is great for sun protection of little legs. Also I found the harness a bit fiddly, but this was definitely not a deal-breaker. I have tried several prams over the years and my Redsbaby is by far THE best.

Purchased in October 2017.

Suitable for RunningYes
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Claire, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to hear that you love getting out and about with your SKIP. Thank you for your recommendation and supporting our Australian company. RB Team xx

Redsbaby skip

Purchased the Redsbaby skip it was dispatched easier than the stated dispatch date. I have a Joolz which I love but I wanted something a bit lighter for everyday use and this doesn’t disappoint!

Its easy to steer, seems to handle most surfaces well it has a comfortable seat which lies flat for my baby to sleep in and folds up easily and quickly taking up next to no room in my car. The extended sun hood is great I also purchased the UV sleep/sun extension hood, I was unable able to order this online but when I called to enquire about it they found me one in head office and shipped it free of charge.

This stroller is reasonably priced and looks good, I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a lightweight everyday stroller. I have also been extremely impressed with Redsbaby’s customer service which makes a refreshing change.

Purchased in February 2019.

Suitable for RunningNo
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Kate, Thank you for your review and we are so happy to hear how you are enjoying the SKIP . Happy to hear that you also had a positive experience with our customer care team :) RB Team xx

This is the ultimate lightweight pram with the features!

Travel prams are way too pricey for what they offer but the Skip is great value and super light. Perhaps it doesnt fold as tight as the Yoyo but its pretty close, really easy to unfold and steering is amazing. I love the full handle. I can drag a case and push the pram with ease and the recline is really good with a low low hood. Super impressed and worth the wait

Purchased in October 2018 for $399.00.

Suitable for RunningNo
Ease of Packing & Storage
Hi Katie, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP. Thank you for your recommendation and for supporting our Australian company :) Brooke - RB Team xx

Love the Skip!

We purchased the skip as a travel stroller after falling in love with our Redsbaby Jive2. I wanted a stroller that was able to lay flat so bub could sleep in it, was lightweight and folded down compact enough to take as carry on luggage on the plane, and I was not disappointed! We have travelled on Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Air Asia & Scoot, and did not have an issue taking the Skip on board & stowing it in the overhead locker. When were in the market for a travel stroller, we looked at other strollers on the market with similar features to the Skip but the quality of the Redsbaby far outweighed the rival brands. The stroller is super lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, even with one hand. My bub sits comfortably in the stroller, even when laying flat and has slept comfortably in it. Its extremely easy to put up and fold down and the extendable canopy is ideal for keeping off the sun. We have traveled to Malaysia with the Skip and it handled extremely well on various terrain including grass, sand and their uneven footpaths. The only improvement I could suggest is that it needs a clip to hold the handle down once folded so it stays in the folded position, otherwise if you try to pick it up by the handle once folded it will half unfold unless you hold it together with 2 hands, or you have it in the carry bag. All in all I am extremely satisfied with the Skip, and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a lightweight compact stroller. The Skip is so impressive that I have even had several friends purchase it after seeing mine!

Best travel pram

I couldn't be happier with the Redsbaby Skip. We bought it for travelling, and I was a little worried it would be too big to take onboard, but it fits easily in the overhead locker on the plane - and we travelled during the busy Christmas period and had zero issues from the airline (Virgin domestic). It's lightweight, bub looks comfortable and not slouched (like he did in some other travel prams), and it's super easy to put down and up. In fact, it's so good that we hardly use our Redsbaby Jive anymore! I was so close to buying another leading travel pram (which was $250 more expensive), but so happy I got the Skip. Also super impressed that Redsbaby offers a 30 day trial - which I really appreciated as I was concerned about the pram not being accepted as carry on luggage (our #1 criteria). The UV sun protection accessory is also fantastic and keeps bub comfortable during Summer. I can't recommend the pram and Redsbaby highly enough. Great products and amazing customer service. Thank you. Only gripe - it needs another clip to keep it in the folded position - if you don't pick it up by the carry handle / have it in the carry bag - it can half unfold.

Redsbay Skip vs Baby Jogger City Tour - Redsbaby wins for me!

so I started off looking at travel prams and I wanted a few specific things. Mainly I wanted one that was under $400, would fit in carry on, small in size, light weight, comfortable and a couple of other specifics. I narrowed it down to the baby jogger city tour pram and the redsbaby.

I have the redsbaby jive (2017) so I was happy with the redsbaby brand but the skip was more expensive and it didnt have two key features I wanted the belly bar and a peekaboo window which the baby jogger had. So I compared them both carefully.

Redsbaby Vs Baby Jogger City Tour
compact fold - both had this but the baby jogger had a carry bag with straps
light weight - both had this
belly bar - redsbaby did not have this and I was very worried that my little girl would miss it
peekaboo window - again redsbaby did not have this which I was surprised at.
seat - baby jogger didnt look as comfortable
basket - redsbaby was much larger and easily accessible through the front

At the end of the day I went ahead and bought the Skip and 2 months on I can say I am very pleased with my purchase. the whole Skip pram feels much nicer then the baby jogger in terms of the material and even the seat in terms of being comfortable it just to me seems like a more comfortable pram for my 19 month old. I love the basket and although it is a similar size to the baby jogger the fact that you can access it from the front is amazing and makes getting things out so easy. it is very light weight, nice and compact but still can handle going on grass and gravel.

Even at my purchase I remained concerned about the belly bar and the peekaboo window and I can say now that my little one doesn't mind not having the belly bar. of course I think it would be a great attachment to have as an optional extra as she loves putting her feet up on it when she is in the Jive. I also realised upon arrival that you can if you put your face close to the skip sunhood see through it which is perhaps why there is no peekaboo window. this was really nice as I would hate it if I couldn't see her from the back at all but again I still think a peekaboo window would be nice.

All in all I am very pleased with my purchase and for me even with my concerns which actually are not big issues any more I would definitely rate the Skip higher than the Baby Jogger City Tour (and yes it is worth the extra money in my opinion).

Very handy pram - needs some design improvement

Great little pram to travel with as it fits in overhead lockers, great to keep in the car & is easy to maneuver.

My only issues are that it doesn’t stay completely folded, it needs another clip to keep it compact or the existing clip needed to be stronger/in another location. This makes it difficult to get in the travel bag or move when not in the bag (especially without the help of another person). Also, it can tip back easily when the baby is in the pram with full recline, any pressure on the handle would see the front wheels lift.
In saying this, I’m happy overall with the pram.

Hi Mia, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so happy to hear that you are already having some great adventures with the SKIP. For best practice when carrying the SKIP when folded please ensure that the extension canopy is zipped/closed before folding your SKIP. Once folded, the handle should stay in place and be folded against the footrest area of the stroller. If your SKIP is folded and on the floor, the best way to pick it up is either by the carry handle or by the axle bar (where the carry handle is attached). Please reach out to the team if you have any questions :) Brooke - RB Team xxHi Mia, I just wanted to reach out again as we’ve addressed this concern by amending the design of the tether strap, to allow it to hold the canopy to the chassis when carrying the SKIP over the shoulder. This will be available for all SKIP orders shipping from our warehouse mid-March 2019 onwards. For those customers that have already purchased the SKIP, with the current version of tether strap, we’ve designed an attachment that will allow the tether strap to secure the canopy to the chassis, preventing the canopy from flipping forward whilst carrying. We advise customers to reach out to our customer care team on 1300 344 964, who will arrange the dispatch of this to you. Brooke - RB Team xxHi Brooke, that’s great news, thanks for addressing the issues!

Excellent stroller

Great stroller, folds down to a compact size and quite easy to use once you get used to folding it.
The sunshade add-on was definitely worth the price, it covers the pram fully from sun which will tend to get in quite a bit without it (if the seat is tilted backward).

Overall a great item

Hi There, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP like the sunshade. It sounds like you will be having many more great adventures with the SKIP :) Brooke - RB Team xx

Another great product! Well done!

I love how this is so lightweight yet safety is not compromised. I have the Redsbaby Jive2 and absolutely love the 5 point harness strap and am very happy this is also included in the skip stroller design! The folding up of the stroller is seamless and very easy, along with the strap. I do kind of wish the wheels faces out instead of towards me, but I do a bit of a wipe when I do need to carry it, so no biggie. My baby loves it and most of all provides the convenience a stroller needs. Love the product!

Hi Lyd, Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying getting out and about with your SKIP stroller. Brooke - RB Team xx

Best Travel Pram - Highly recommended

We have been using the Redsbaby Skip for a month now and I absolutely love this pram!! It's so smooth to push around and I use it as our everyday pram now and I have totally put our big pram aside. It is so steady compare to the other compact travel pram we have from the other brand. Best thing is this pram reclines to flat position for bubs to nap. We use this pram to the shops now. The design is also stylish and simple which makes it a perfect pram. I highly recommend this pram to anyone who's looking for a travel pram and every day use pram.

Hi Chia, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear of how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP and we will pass on your feedback.Thank you for your recommendation and for supporting our Australian company :) Brooke - RB Team xx

I bought it for travel and I now use it everyday!!

This pram is perfect for traveling on planes and overseas travel. It’s very light, easy to fold up and a quick open up. i originally bought it for overseas travel and loved how light and compact it was that I now use it as an everyday pram. It fits in my small boot with lots of space left. The sunshade it’s awesome, it has a zipped up extension and so I never have to worry about the sun in my babies eyes. I love how this pram can fit into narrow aisles in shops. I highly recommend this pram.

Hi Renee, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear of how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP. Thank you for your recommendation and for supporting our Australian company :) Brooke - RB Team xx

Skip stroller

I love this stroller so much I bought it for my 12 month old little boy. is compact light and practicable fits behind the front or passenger seat in the car so frees up the boot when needed. Love that the seat reclines flat which makes it great for napping on the go, so smooth to push around and it’s Very easy to use it’s an investment not just a stroller.

Hi Kirri, Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the SKIP stroller. Brooke - RB Team xx

So happy with our purchase, highly recommend

Got this specifically for traveling overseas yet I now use it everyday and have put my Jive in storage.

Pros: so light and easy to push (esp one handed when carrying Bub!).
Moves in and out of cafes and crowds well and in and out of taxis and car boots. So quick and easy to get around.
No issues at all taking as carry on with Emirates.
Bubs is comfy, no issues falling asleep in pram. Basket a great size, extended hood a great addition. Great flat recline for sleeping.

Cons: fold takes a bit to get used to but then all ok. Could do with an extra clip to lock the seat in place when folded (seems to unfold a bit making it less compact)
Could not get it onboard a Jetstar flight as carry on.
Would be ideal if seat could be more upright as I worry the recline poses a choking hazard.
As with all lightweight stroller/prams, need to be careful of tip factor (both front/back and sideways)

Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to hear of how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP and will certainly pass your feedback onto the team. Brooke - RB Team xx

Its perfect for us. I would have given it a 5 star rating except for one thing

We love that its light, compact and its so easy for everyone at home to open and close it after just a few practices. It glides while pushing and so it makes it really pleasant to manoeuvre. the fabric is great; light and breathable and because we have the sun shade and lining, its even better. The sunshade really helps with sun, wind, flies and dust, especially being summer now and the lining obviously makes things easier to tidy and clean up in case of any mess.

The one annoying flaw we found was that once folded, it doesn't stay nicely compacted. If you hold it or carry it, the part facing the outside keeps flapping out (not fully, because there is a lock, but it folds to enough to make it a quite fiddly). It would have been great if there was a strap to lock it in place; for example making an extension on the security/safety wrist strap to wrap around the handlebar after its folded. We do have the bag but it's a hassle to always pack it up in the bag every time we close the skip.

Otherwise, we love it and we are happy with our purchase. The skip is great for anyone who is not tied down with a lot of items to carry along with them, or people who want to just open it up and go, and close it up and take off quick and fast. If you go out everyday and drive around to different places with it, this is really convenient. We have yet to travel abroad with it but I'm sure with its foldability, we should be able to bring it on board as our hand luggage because its also less than 7kg.

Hi Charley, hank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so happy to hear that you are already having some great adventures with the SKIP. For best practice when carrying the SKIP when folded please ensure that the extension canopy is zipped/closed before folding your SKIP. Once folded, the handle should stay in place and be folded against the footrest area of the stroller. If your SKIP is folded and on the floor, the best way to pick it up is either by the carry handle or by the axle bar (where the carry handle is attached). Please reach out to the team if you have any questions :) Brooke - RB Team xxHi Charley, I just wanted to reach out again as we’ve addressed this concern by amending the design of the tether strap, to allow it to hold the canopy to the chassis when carrying the SKIP over the shoulder. This will be available for all SKIP orders shipping from our warehouse mid-March 2019 onwards. For those customers that have already purchased the SKIP, with the current version of tether strap, we’ve designed an attachment that will allow the tether strap to secure the canopy to the chassis, preventing the canopy from flipping forward whilst carrying. We advise customers to reach out to our customer care team on 1300 344 964, who will arrange the dispatch of this to you. Brooke - RB Team xxHi Brooke! That’s wonderful news! Really so happy to hear that! I will get in touch with you guys soon. Is the new amendment for the new Skip’s going to be the same as The attachment for the new Skip? Or is our (customers who have already purchased) attachment different?

Has more than other travel prams

Love this pram, it’s so easy to use and has all the bells and whistles. The only thing I don’t like is when you collapse the pram even though there is a latch to lock it, or only seems to lock half of the pram and the handle still moves out.

Hi Allyson, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are so happy to hear that you are already having some great adventures with the SKIP. For best practice when carrying the SKIP when folded please ensure that the extension canopy is zipped/closed before folding your SKIP. Once folded, the handle should stay in place and be folded against the footrest area of the stroller. If your SKIP is folded and on the floor, the best way to pick it up is either by the carry handle or by the axle bar (where the carry handle is attached). Please reach out to the team if you have any questions :) Brooke - RB Team xxHi Allyson, I just wanted to reach out again as we’ve addressed this concern by amending the design of the tether strap, to allow it to hold the canopy to the chassis when carrying the SKIP over the shoulder. This will be available for all SKIP orders shipping from our warehouse mid-March 2019 onwards. For those customers that have already purchased the SKIP, with the current version of tether strap, we’ve designed an attachment that will allow the tether strap to secure the canopy to the chassis, preventing the canopy from flipping forward whilst carrying. We advise customers to reach out to our customer care team on 1300 344 964, who will arrange the dispatch of this to you. Brooke - RB Team xxThis is great news thank you so much for letting me know!

Smooth ride and looks stylish

I love this pram, it's light, functional and stylish. It's comes with reasonably priced accessories that is everything you want. Very easy to steer and push with one hand. Only negative is the way it folds, you need two hands and there's no strap to keep it into place when in the boot, so once it a while it has popped out of place. My favourite on this pram is the extended UV sun shade, this makes my son sleep so well. We have also found another brand belly bar that fits, so it's also become out feeding chair when on the go! We're happy with her this travel pram was priced.

Hi Linda, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP like the extra accessories. It sounds like you will be having many more great adventures with the SKIP :) Brooke - RB Team xx

So easy and compact

I just received it the other day, and bub is generally fussy in prams but she manages to nap it in it fine... the pram structure and padding seems comfortable for her. Easy to manuvre and fold to a compact pram. The fabric looks and feels quite breathable. Can't wait to travel with it.

Hi Findlina, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear how you are enjoying all of the features of the SKIP like the fold and material. It sounds like you will be having many more great adventures with the SKIP :) Brooke - RB Team xx

Perfect travel pram

We purchased this pram for a holiday, but it will be used for many more things! It’s so light, but still really comfortable for my toddler. It’s so smooth to drive, much more than my more expensive everyday pram! The only think I’d say is I do find it difficult to collapse, the trigger on the seat is quiet stiff. But I have only been using it 2 weeks so that may improve. Overall excellent value and a great stroller!

Hi Rhi, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear how you are enjoying the different features of the SKIP. Also sounds like you have already enjoyed some travel with your SKIP which is fantastic :) If you have any questions about the triggers for the fold, please contact customer care on 1300 344 964 so we can assist if necessary. Brooke - RB Team xx

Perfect! Any busy practical mums’ dream!

Great easy to push, steer and navigate in any tight area, especially busy shops with narrow corners. Easily transitions between bitumen and gravel. Not the best on gravel as shakes but that’s not what it’s for. Perfect suspension throughout all flat travels. Little newborn hardly bounces around or moves at all! Comfortable and safe for my newborn. So happy I took the jump over from valco to purchase this practical and functional yet stylish pram. There wasn’t anything like this when I had my previous 2 boys and I’m so glad there’s this great pram for number 3! The only downfall is they didn’t make it 5 years ago. Fits perfectly in the back of a 7 seater territory which is my main reason for purchase. Has blown my mind and al my expectations and more, love!!

Hi Kaylene, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you and bubs are enjoying the SKIP. Brooke - RB Team xx

Love, love, love!

I love this stroller! It’s such a great size. So easy to set up! My 1 year old loves it so much more than our big pram.
It can be a little tight pulling the leavers to collapse which can make it a little tricky but it’s a minor thing for such a awesome stroller.

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Please be in touch with the team if you have any questions or concerns about the fold, this should be a nice smooth movement. Brooke - RB Team xx