Percy

PercySydney

Incompetent Loan Application Process

Started the Application Process 3 months ago. Have always provided all the documentation as requested.
They requested the same infomation 4 times that I had over and over again.
It seems they are full of incompetent staff who do not submit documents in a timely manner. I have spent hours and hours on the phone to them and my existing lender, it's at a point I am so stressed out everytime I see an email from them.
They have no apologised or offered anything to improve my process. Requests to speak to a manager (3 in total) are completely ignored.
Please, do not put yourself through the ordeal. There are many other non bank lenders who will want your business and treat you like a human.

Great no frills product

Perfect no frills product for people after a low rate and no unnecessary bells and whistles offered by the banks for a premium. They made it as easy as possible in what is a deliberately complicated process designed to keep you from changing. Happy with the product and the process

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

Cynick

CynickBrisbane

Great work from Reduce Home Loans

I had a very good experience using Reduce to refinance my home loan. As a contractor who had recently started a new contract my situation was not ideal to be seeking a new loan - however with Reduce Home Loans help I was able to secure what was likely to be the lowest interest rate product available in Australia at the time. I would have given them 5* but at the end there was a time when the communication around settlement could have been a bit better.

Loan used for:Refinancing

Great low interest rate, with no on-going fees.

Fast pre-approval, actual time to settlement took a little longer than expected, but note this was a refinance. Very competitive, low rate for interest only investment property loan. Would recommend for anyone serious about reducing interest costs.

Loan Start DateAugust 2019

SKD

SKDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nightmare - worst experience so far

Thoroughly unprofessional and unscrupulous bunch of mobs. Finally received loan approval today after countless follow ups and resending documentation multiple times over the lengthy processing period of over 3 months. Alas, the approval is full of errors completely ignoring our finance requirements and the required loan structure which we advised in our loan application and subsequently on multiple occasions. In the meantime, we have been paying interests on our titled land awaiting construction which is pending finance. What a nightmare! So sorry I approached RHL.

KitPerth, WA

Very happy with variable rate with offset

Overall, we are very happy! One of, if not the best rate in Australia. Around 0.5% better rate than the big four will offer existing customers and around 0.25% better than other banks, for new customers.

The process was quite drawn out with a lot of forms to fill out and emails back and forth over two months. Not quite as streamlined as a big banks but the savings are worth it. I would recommend Reduce Home Loans if you really are about maximising your savings.

Brett M

Brett MWestern Australia

Great home loan

Cheap and professional refinance. very happy with the service from reduce home loan team. better rate than i was on with P&N. cant go wrong with saving a few dollars

Rachel K.

Rachel K.South East Queensland, QLD

A hassle but worth it in the end.

They required A LOT more information from me than my previous bank and it was a couple of months of emails back and forth almost daily but it was worth it for the money I'm now saving. The same loan is now costing me $150 a fortnight less so I definitely feel it will be worth my trouble over the life of the loan :)
Also they sent me a kit to grow your own chives as a welcome present so that was a cute touch.

Oliver

OliverBrisbane

Great offer, great product

The process took longer than anticipated but understand its because of immense workload due to great product.

The team I dealt with were friendly, knowledgeable and professional throughout.

Will definitely recommend to all and sunder.

May

MaySydney, NSW

Great service, competitive rate

My husband and I have been looking for many home loan options and never came across such great service and competitive rate offered by Reduced Home Loans. Our broker was very professional and friendly - always take the extra effort to provide us assistance and answer any questions we have (even on weekends). Very happy with their service.

Abhinav B.

Abhinav B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great rates and service on home loans

Have been with them for over 3 years - always provide best rates, are knowledgeable and prompt in their response. They take the time to review, listen and understand the situation and respond promptly

KayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Frustrating

Reduce H.Reduce Home Loans
Reduce H.Reduce Home Loans
Kay

Reduce Home Loans - Good experience, easy to deal with and best interest rate available. Good service from Bryce Stimpson.
Offered different interest rate and loan type options, and discussed with us which would suit best, the forms were not too hard to fill out, instructions were clear and the final setup and settlement went well.

Loan used for:First Home

Can't beat the great rate.

Moved from one of the big banks that refused to drop rate after years of loyalty. No more to the big banks they no longer have our money.
Very happy with the move. Worth the process.

Still in process after over 12 weeks

Robert Hughes

Robert HughesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Almost lost deposit because their pre-approval means nothing

Takes weeks to respond, doesn't answer the phone to contact the loan manager. Gave preapproval after seeing all our income and paperwork, then rejected the loan without any circumstances changing.

Andy Lan

Andy LanSouth East Queensland, QLD

I managed to save $3500 a year in interest expenses.

I switch my loan from other lender, after switching to Reduced Loans, I save $3500 a year in interest repayment. This is fantastic. Highly recommended. It took us a little longer than expected to settle the loan but I think it well worth the effort.

Great customer service

I have recently refinanced my existing loan and Reduce Home Loans were great! Interest rates were very competitive. Customer service was great with all issues dealt with in a timely matter. Highly recommend for future borrowers.

Highly Recommend

Reduce Home Loans have been so easy to deal with and their follow up has been wonderful. Highly recommend them. Very competitive interest rates and great customer service from Bryce

Sheeba

SheebaCentral West, NSW

Excellent interest rate

I am really happy about the interest rate . There is no hidden fees . If they do the process bit speed , I would rate definitely 5 star . I already recommended to my friends

Clayton K.

Clayton K.asked

When will you be reducing the rates for your existing customers for P and I investor loans for the October RBA cut? I see you have reduced the rates for new customers but have passed zero to existing.

Lottieasked

Is it usual for the lender, Perpetual trust, to recommend that we engage a solicitor to check the documents? (another extra cost) Have never had to do this when refinancing with the banks. Have other customers done this?

Kit

I think it is part of their duty of care to mention that so the process is transparent. Almost every interaction Ive had with big and small banks and any sort or realestate settlements usually mentions this. Pretty standard, nothing to fear.

Lottie

Thanks Kit, much appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, did you speak to a Solicitor? We're wondering if we can trust perpetual without seeing a solicitor.

Lottie

Totally understand that it's a personal choice, just wondering if people take the risk.

jim

jimasked

i was told from reduce that it would cost me 250$ and that would be payed back at re-finance settlement.I am now told to ad 150$ to speed up the process.I was just told that i have to pay 495$ for a valuation fee, which was not told to me upfront.I am only borrowing 30% of the value of the property, so why do you need to do a valuation?

Hi Jim,
We did receive the $250 refund at settlement. I’m not sure how much you are borrowing but a lot of the fees don’t apply if you borrow over a certain amount.

As you are borrowing only 30% of the value of your property, it may not have reached the threshold where most of the fees are waived.

Regarding them needing a valuation. Yes we did find them very thorough with their checks. I guess it’s because everything is done online with no face to face contact. Also with these low margin loans, they want to make absolutely sure it’s low risk.

We did find the process a bit of a drawn out drag but in the end it was worth it for us. Some of these issues are the price we pay for to get these low rates.

Good luck