Rinnai HOTFLO

• Heating Speed

Quinn Williams
Quinn Williams Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Australian Made Hot Water System

Fantastic hot water unit which we did our research and found the Rinnai Hot Water unit is the best due to the Brand and the hot water unit is Australian made.

Purchased in April 2021.

Leaking issues

It appears to be leaking water from the element housing, causing the RCD to continuously to shorten out.
Rinnai had there service contractor call me and wanted service call monies up front prior them at a short inconvenience notice. Had my install plumber look at this problem 3 time to find out its a product fault.

Purchased in March 2021 at Same Day Hot Water Service Retail for $880.00.

Alisa
AlisaCentral West, NSW

2 months old and no hot water

Plumber supplied this unit. Has been working for two months then no hot water. Phoned the warranty line, told to expect a call by 2pm same day. No call. On the phone again, massive waiting time. Will call the plumber and see if this hunk of junk can be returned or swapped for another unit.

Purchased in November 2020.

Electric Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai HOTFLO compares to other Electric Continuous Hot Water Systems

BobFar North Queensland, QLD

Wish I had seen these reviews before I bought this lemon

We built our new house 5 years ago, the unit worked ok for the first winter (we shifted in late July, live in North Queensland and do not need hot showers in summer). Every winter since we do not get even warm water, have contacted Rinnai before and they told us to contact the company we bought unit from, have had them to look at item and they cannot get it to work any better, there are only two of us in the house so this unit should be able to keep up with our usage. We have not been able to have a WARM shower for 4 years I am fed up with it but cannot afford to buy a new unit.
Do Not Buy These Heaters.
Bob

Purchased in June 2015 at E.H. Westbury & Company (Innisfail Qld) for $750.00.

Dale
DaleSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

HOTFLO 10 - Rubbish!!

Had nothing but trouble with this water heater, since installed by a Licensed Plumber. Had numerous callouts, and now the water is lukewarm at best. Tried everything. It's definitely not the water or gas pressure as both are excellent. New battery and still the same old problem. Call a technician and pay $300 just for a call out. Do not buy this product, it is absolute rubbish.

Purchased at Tradelink for $790.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rinnai Hotflo 315 litre Electric Hot Water Heater

Thank you Rinnai very happy with the service of the technician that came out and fixed the problem, was the anode that was incorrectly installed from the start by builder plumber? So happy now thank you so much

Purchased in February 2017 for $1,000.00.

Dan

Hi there is there a number for me to discuss this issue

IBSYD
IBSYDSydney, NSW

Do not buy this product

Purchased in February 2020.

Dario
DarioSydney, NSW

No issues whatsoever, easy installation and solid hot water

I saw all the negative comments here and decided to let everyone know that my Rinnai electric HOTFLO 250L purchased July 2019 is wonderful, good narrow dimensions, made in Australia, Victoria new factory - I did my research. I'm guessing that other customers were ether in minority and/or unlucky and/or products were made in China and all called a plumber instead of calling Rinnai direct and let them guide them through the process. Got good price, $729 delivered and then I organised best installation option - don't let plumbers rip you off please.

Purchased in July 2019 at Cass Brothers for $729.00.

GEdmundsTasmania

Extremely Poor Product

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,200.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi GEdmunds, Thanks for getting in touch, this matter has been escalated.

Thanks,

Martin WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warranty useless.

Purchased in June 2018 for $1,558.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
mikecattsadelaide

DEOSNT WORK 3 YEARS OLD TO THE DAY..

our 3 year old Rinnai Instantaneous 10 has stopped working.. called Rinnai and they were hopless.. so much for their "troubleshooting".. they said to call a plumber.. no help at all..Junk product..
Have had a plumber around and he cant work out whats wrong... Aint a cheap excersise.... Said to call Rinnai.. I explained that we did and they said to call a plumber, he had a chuckle at my expence...
No mention from them of warranty?????
stay away from this rubbish product..

Date PurchasedJan 2015
mikecatts

The plumber that you guys sent over had no idea what to do.. He couldnt fix it.. Spare parts are way too expensive just to see if it fixes the problem.. We will need a new service.. Not a Rinnai again.. rubbish product.

Cal909
Cal909AU

Stay away from Rinnai, bad product, bad service

Agreed this is very bad service, my tank is rusted I believe, as hot water came out yellowish. When I called them they will not be able to advise whether my tank is still under warranty or not, even I have provided the receipt, model and serial number. They told me to book the technician for $195.00 and they will let me know if it is still under warranty or not.
All I want to know is what is the warranty period for my tank and the storage cylinder of my tank, no you will need to pay $195.00 for that answer. Sad sad sad, I don;t know how Rinnai's customer services be so bad beyond word can be describe.

Date PurchasedNov 2009

JenjiK
JenjiKNowra, NSW

It does the job well

This is the only hot water heater I have ever needed to buy. The previous one died of old age in mid-winter. I went up a size, from 80L to 125L, mainly for family visits, not because I need the extra capacity every day.
Being without hot water for almost a week (the old one carked it on a freezing Friday night and the supplier with the best price in my regional area didn't have this model in stock) has made me really appreciate reliable hot water.
Running costs are fine for the size. Installation was straightforward. Overall, the whole process cost less than I feared, and less than the Harvey Norman supply and fit package.
No issues at all - it does precisely what it's supposed to, at least at this stage (seven weeks).

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review JenjiK, we are glad to hear the hot water unit is working well for you.

Jey.N
Jey.N

Not enough for 4 persons to shawer...

I installed a new Rinnai 315L single element unit 2 months ago. from that day, still now we run out of hot water every afternoon. 4 of us in my house. we don't use hot water to wash clothes. when I called their customer service. they asked me to give the credit card detail first to send a technician. very bad customer service. pls don't buy Rinnai product.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
PatMelbourne

Stay away

Purchased product hotflo 170l, only had it for 18 months, and it leaks and pilot light turns off..,DO NOT CALL Rinnai customer support....you will be charged excessive fees for someone to come out and not fix the problem and still pay the call out fee of $200 and be told that the leak is condensation, turn a pilot light on, which the should have been able to advise over the phone. Avoid at all costs...this customer service report is current as August 2018. I had a rheem for over 15 years and no issue...these leak after 18 months...save your money and do not buy.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Pat, we are sorry to hear the experience you have faced and would like to investigate further. Could you email through your details to the enquiry@rinnai.com.au email address, mentioning this review and we will contact you.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Good morning Pat, your email has been responded to this morning and a trace placed on the refund. The adjustment has been made to your unit so should not have further issues.

mhanna65
mhanna65asked
HOTFLO

which Heater element used in Rinnai 50L Electric Hot Water Heater

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi mhanna65, we would recommend speaking to our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3,

Axel.S.
Axel.S.asked
HOTFLO 10 Instantaneous

We have no issue with hot water when it fires up!! Our issue is we have to remove front cover and light up with a lighter...battery ok and sparks but wont fire up without using the lighter.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Axel,S, thanks for the question. We would recommend talking to our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Jayasked
HOTFLO Electric Storage

Hi
Rennai Hotflow Hot water system was installed by a plumber in May 2013. It started dripping slowly a few months ago and now increased flowing continuously from top of the cylinder! I read that Cylinder has 10 year warranty/ 7 year labour and could you please advise me what is the next step! Thanks

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Jay, thanks for the question. Booking a service call so we can diagnose the issue with the unit would be the next step.

You can book the service call online here and you will be contacted by the technician to book an appointment:

The current warranty for the Hotflo unit is 7 or 10 years depending on the size of the tank and 3 years labour warranty. The warranty applicable for your unit will depend on the model number and date of manufacture and can be confirmed in the warranty booklet supplied with the heater or through our service line on 1300 555 545.

Thanks, it's model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468
Could you please confirm if cylinder warranty is covered!

Hi
Yesterday I contacted 'Rams' plumbing Toowoomba(installer) and was advised to contact Rinnai with model/ Serial # (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468)
If you could confirm what is next step is? What I want is not calling a plumber/ technician who charges couple hundred dollars and and say 'you have to replace' the unit!
So appreciate very much if this unit (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468 )which was installed in May 2013 is covered!

Best regards
Jayantha

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai HOTFLO

Compare both Rinnai HOTFLO
CategoryElectric Continuous Hot Water Systems and Electric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Continuous Hot Water Systems and Electric Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateSept 2009Sept 2009