• Build Stage
  • Structural Integrity
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Project managed well by supervisor

Generally speaking, I have found it a little difficult and disappointing with Rivergum until I met Dino the supervisor. Super professional, knowledgeable and always there to answer my questions. Without Dino as the supervisor I would not be saying the same things. I think Rivergum need to have a better process with involving their clients through the build not until the 2nd last stage of the build which surprised me. This review is more on Dino Totani - Exceptional supervisor and a true asset to the company. It was great dealing with him, he made the process fantastic and I am satisfied with the outcome due to his professionalism.

Alexis C.

Alexis C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing and stressful experience

Olivia A.

Olivia A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Please. Don't Use RIVERGUM!

Hi Olivia
I am sorry to hear of your experience with us, could you provide some further details so our Customer Care Manager can call you to discuss this matter with your further.

Edward D.

Love our Rivergum home!

Steph

StephMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Amazing every step of the way!

From the very beginning in our planning stage our experience with rivergum was great! We were given honest and upfront information which helped us in deciding particular plans of our home. Throughout the construction process we were kept well up to date of what was happening and when, and were sent photos of each progression. If we had any concerns or questions we were replied to very quickly with the appropriate information. Our final cost compared with our estimated cost was spot on so there were no hidden costs or unpleasant surprises. So happy with the process throughout and the quality of our home! Will definitely recommend rivergum homes and would definitely use them again!

Shaun and Alle

Shaun and AlleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Above and beyond

We entrusted our new build with Romeo Barone with Rivergum homes.

The amount of time spent, effort and knowledge was astounding. We went in blind and we were guided impeccably. Countless hours of after hours service and effort. Through many different options we were always answered promptly and a VERY personal service was given. We learnt alot and are forever grateful for the knowledge we have acquired on this journey.

We enjoyed a smooth and timely process through all of the pre constuction aspects.

We will HIGHLY recommend to all friends/family to embark on building their future with him!

Thi

ThiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

What a great outcome!

We came to Rivergum with a custom design for a subdivided block.
They were so accommodative with our requirements and inclusions, also the contract was very competitive.
It was a Lengthy process to get the paperwork done and all the approvals in place but once they started building, things just flew along.
The quality of finish has far exceeded our expectations, we are so proud to have visitors over.

Jacq

JacqMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Knock Down rebuild customer - western suburbs

Mid-construction review and will update after handover – loving it so far.

As a knock-down and subdivide customer building 2 homes we’ve been really impressed with the assistance and expertise in designing to achieve Council approval and creating what we believe will be great looking houses. The first house commenced in October and we’re impressed to see trades on site working every time we go past (unlike our last build with a different builder). The house is nearing lock up and loving the feature brickwork to the front. Cant wait to update when its finished – tracking for late Feb.

Trevor MaddockSouthern and Hills, SA

• SA

First time I have built, I was never ever going to build

We decided to build, as couldn't find a house that was suitable. We were recommended Rivergum by a work colleague. As they were, we're totally stoked with our home. From redesigning the original plans, nothing was too hard for them(Especially due to Covid 19 restrictions) to the day of handover.

Trevor Maddock

I could have kept writing more compliments but was limited to 50 words... lol! Thanks again.

Harry M.

Harry M.Southern and Hills, SA

• SA

Absolutely over the moon with our first home!!!!

Rivergum was outstanding throughout the whole build, Justin our site manager was terrific nothing was to hard and everything was up for discussion he handled the build as if it was his own home. From planing to selections to the build everyone we dealt with was fantastic! Can’t recommend enough!!!

Andrew W

Andrew WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Our perfect Holiday Home

Jayde

JaydeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

So happy with our new home

-Great communication with the customer care team
-House was complete in the time frame given
-We are happy with the workmanship of the home
-Any queries we had were answered and explained
-There were no hidden costs
-Rivergum made it a smooth, stress free process for us

We love our new home!

Mt Barker investor

Mt Barker investorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Delighted with our Mount Barker investment property

Really very happy with my entire experience, from sales through to hand-over, I had a smooth process with visibility to all processes along the way. The home was built with impressive speed and quality inside and out was great. I like the use of Haymes paint too. Definitely recommend Rivergum!

Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

• SA

Incompetent in every possible way, horrid experience building my first home

Ma YMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I am being scammed

I engaged Rivergumhomes through a house and land package offered by connekt. They offered me incentives (solar, alarm system and floor boarding though out) and now when I went to inspect the house I found that there was nothing of the agreed incentives. When I sent my concerns to rivergumhomes they said that they will not honour the agreement and that there is nothing they will do. I am warning anyone from dealing with them. They will refuse to let you inspect the property except at the last minute and when you find problems, they will not fix it and tell you that they will not do anything for you.

Hi Ma,
I am sorry to hear of your experience with us, could you provide some further details so our Customer Care Team Leader can call you to discuss this matter with your further.

Ma Y

The Record id of the development in your system is JN 53666. It is at Klemzig on the fourth project

vic

vicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Step Away from this Builder

RickSouth East Queensland, QLD

• QLD

I join the chorus to warn you not to us Rivergum

Hi Rick
I am sorry to hear of your experience with us, could you please provide us with your contact details so our Maintenance Manager can call you to discuss this matter with you further.

Rick

You can get me initially via my personal email, rickstauntonmckenzie@gmail.com

Hi Rick,
Thank you for providing me with your email, I will have our Maintenance Manager contact you today.
Kind Regards

amanda c.South Australia

• SA

Save yourself the greif go somewhere else

Once they had our signature and deposit things started going wrong . Incompident staff in every department . At every stage of the build there have been numerous staff changes . You get up to date on an issue then suddenly you're dealing with someone new. The workmanship is of poor standard . The communication is deplorable. We had leaking underground sewerage from a cut septic line crossing our property for months from rivergum plumbers poor work . We have tiles with poor grouting in all wet areas that we are still trying to get an outcome on over 14 months after handover . Their attention to detail is in all areas , communication , trades , after build are all poor . We expected a lot better from such a renowned company.

Hi Amanda
I am sorry to hear of your experience with us, could you please provide us with your contact details so our Customer Care Team Leader can call you to discuss this matter with your further.

amanda c.

You have my details and have had for over 2 years and I doubt anyone will call back as per usual and if they do it will be the usual promises but no actual results .

Marie

Marieasked

Rivergum Homes

Is it standard that insulation is installed throughout a new build?

Arron L
Arron L

Hi Marie, it is standard for Rivergum Homes, but not all builders include insulation in their base price and those that do usually allow a level of insulation that is more often than not inadequate to achieve the required 6 star rating (the additional cost to upgrade will typically be passed on as a variation after contract signing). Rivergum Homes include R2.5 batts to all external walls, sisalation to all lightweight cladding and R4.0 or R6.0 to the ceiling (depending on the product type) as standard in their base pricing. The intent is for the vast majority of their homes to achieve 6 star compliance as standard with no hidden extra costs.

K.Jay

K.Jayasked

Rivergum Homes

Why are your sales staff so blunt and undermine customers? I made an inquiry and the sales person send me a PDF link to complete For an estimate. That crap document does not work, tried windows And then Mac , still doesn’t work. Seeing the reviews the way customers are ignored I am not suprised, but this is sales inquiry. Will keep away. Imagine what happpens if I do sign up, hope it’s not race trigger.

Hi K.Jay,
We are sorry to hear you have had this experience and will pass on this feedback to our Sales Manager. If you would like further assistance please email customercare@rivergumhomes.com.au.
Kind Regards
Customer Care

ABGasked

SA

What is insulation like on your homes? I.e., how quickly do they heat up in summer and cool down in winter? Are your homes designed with the environment and electricity bills in mind?

Markus
Markus

Hi ABG, I would stay clear of any of the modern and stylish cladding materials, they add almost nothing to the insulation. We have fibre cement cladding upstairs in our new home, with upgraded insulation and windows (double-glazing to the bedrooms). To feel comfortable, we require more heating and cooling at night and during the day, as compared to our previous place which was a double-storey with Hebel material all around.

Thanks Markus!