2.9

• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction

Breakdown

I Googled NRMA road assist. I could not understand why they wanted my credit card details. and mentioned a possible $250 charge. I was charged $250. I rang the company and they were supposed to ring me within 48 hours with the recorded phone call on the breakdown day. I still have not heard from them. Please anyone calling make sure they are NRMA as when you google serch this company comes up first making customers believe they have NRMA which should be free.

Huong N.

Huong N.Sydney, NSW

Thank you!

Thank you to roadside team for a great experience from scary event. It was raining and I was on side of the road needed tire change and they delivered within an hour and half, thanks guys!

DO NOT SUPPORT THIS RACKET

Scammers

Accidentally called them as it was the first ad on Google when I searched RACQ. Tried to cancel once I realised my mistake and said they would charge me $60 for a call out. They ended up charging me $300 for a non call out. This is a huge scam. Do not use.

Tiff.c

Tiff.cSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paid for a service to be told they could t do anything

Last Friday my car died. Looked up google for racq road side assist but road side response was the first one that came up. In a hurry and frantic called them Instead accidentally. They took $110 straight away to have to wait an hour and a half for a bloke to come out and tel me it was a dead battery. Put a new battery inn but still wouldn’t start. Told me there was nothing he could do. Was left there stranded for 6 hrs waiting for a tow. An hour away from home. To later book a mechanic to be told it’s a battery issue. Clearly this bloke had no idea what he was doing. Way to take advantage of people.

scam don't use

Took payment by credit card over the phone, did not show up to fix flat tyre, rang 3 times to follow up, got put on hold for 8 minutes ended up having had to cancel credit card.

Paul Kimms

Paul KimmsSydney, NSW

Thanks for the jump!

Thanks Roadside Response and thank you Keero for getting me out of a jam! Will definitely be telling my friends about the prompt and great service I received. Definitely recommended

Jack L.

Jack L.

Life saver!

Stuck in Awaba following a Mini Cooper tire blow out in the pouring rain ,came within an hour and friendly helpful gentleman saved the day really can’t thank him enough
Competitive pricing

tenika

tenika Sydney, NSW

AMAZING! CAN'T ASK FOR BETTER SERVICE.

The driver, ben arrived onsite within 45 mins, he came from Penrith to Blacktown within 45 mins and he was so helpful! Ben quickly was able to establish the issue with my car and fix it up straight away, the battery in my car was replaced and fitted, for a very fair price, and 3 years of a nationwide warranty!
They are not NRMA but they are just as useful and the batteries are amazing!

Hi Tenika,
Thank you for your comments. We do strive daily to ensure great customer service and more importantly thank you for advising consumers Roadside Response Roadside Assistance is an independent and have been since 2005. Thank you kindly. Paul

Robyn

RobynSydney, NSW

Outstanding service!

Conned customer

Conned customer Sydney, NSW

Scammers

Yes, I had exactly the same experience yesterday.
Very misleading- when I spoke to nrma today to ask about the call out, they said it happens regularly and many people have been scammed in a similar fashion. They suggest I contact Department of Fair Trade. Which I will not hesitate to do. A very unethical and poor way to treat people.

Robert L.

Robert L.Sydney, NSW

Prompt efficient service

1 phone call and arrived 1.30hrs later, with a call in between to advise when he expected to arrive. Prompt and courteous service in a very timely manner. I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

SkywalkerMelb

SkywalkerMelbSydney, NSW

Scam Scam

Dpak

DpakSydney, NSW

Fraud Fraud

AVOID - Pretend to be NRMA then take your money for no service

This it a dodgy company riding on NRMA reputation. I rang this company asking if they were NRMA and if they did road side assistance. They did not deny they were NRMA but said I wasn't a member. I wasn't sure if I had paid NRMA so I made a booking. I then did another internet search and found out that they were not NRMA but some other road side assistance company. I called them back to cancel but they said they would charge me a $33 cancellation fee for nothing. I ended up cancelling my bank card as they are so dodgy I felt unsafe with them having my details. They didn't even send an invoice for the charges, which appeared in my bank statement. Please stay well clear of this dodgy company.

Find out how Roadside Response compares to other Roadside Assistance Providers

Disgusting scammers charged me and never turned up and the website records wrong address by default. Dog trapped in car

Rosie Hart

Rosie HartSydney, NSW

Avoid- Company poses as NRMA and takes money for no service

I had a minor accident and needed a tow truck. I Googled NRMA and this number came up. I asked if they were the NRMA and they said they were. I explained the situation and they said my NRMA policy did not cover me as it was a rescue as no other car was involved and I had not broken down, so had to pay. The tow truck came out, refused to help, and drove away. They charged me $550. I then contacted the NRMA again - or so I thought, to find out the Tow Truck company were not the NRMA, and were not affiliated with them. I have been trying to call this company back - but they will not answer. I called Crime Stoppers, but the Police said there was nothing they could do. They need to be stopped!!

Paul T.Roadside Response

Absolutely disgusting company!!! Needs to be shut down our dog almost died!!!

Jarrad

JarradSydney, NSW

No one use this company

We were stuck, knowing where we were located they took the job we are an hour from Windsor and we are still waiting 3 and a half hours later and they tell us now that it is because they only have one driver on, they tell us this after 3 and a half hours of waiting when I could have organised someone else

Dont use this company!!!!

Googled porsche roadside assist and this company's number came up on Google so I dialed it thinking I was speaking to Porsche. My flat was changed and on the way home it came off nearly killing me!!! These guys are criminal, deceitful and dishonest. They never apologised for the incident, instead choosing to make it harder for us by not admitting fault. They should be jailed.

Spock

Spockasked

My wife and I needed a tyre changed by an agreed time of 60 to 90 minutes. After two hours, nothing, so we cancelled and called the NRMA. We were told the cancellation fee was $66. The Company was reminded about the agreed parameter for performance to be be fit for purpose. Alex agreed to waive the charge. We were charged $100, for no service. My understanding is a service needs to performed, as contracted. Moreover, if a cancellation fee is applied, it needs to be at nominal percentage of the total fee for service.

SadCookie
SadCookie

This is fraud and theft by this company. From the reviews this is common practice with this company Roadside Response. They have no legal right to keep your money. They did not provide a good or a service or abide by the terms of the contract. This is all contrary to Australian Consumer Law. Put a complaint in to the Office of Fair Trading, the Ombudsman or your bank and you will get your money back. This company really needs to be exposed on A Current Affair or some other programme. A predatory dishonest company. So disgusted with them. Their customer service is trained to lie and talk over you in order to keep the stolen money.

Get an answer from our members and Roadside Response representatives