Rover Rancher

Rover Rancher Questions & Answers

547/38 (13A879WF333), 20/42 (13AP91KS333), 547/42 (13A879WS333), etc...

45 questions from our users

graham james

graham jamesasked

Rancher 17/42 (13AV90KS333)

how do i remove cutting deck on my rover rancher 42 inch cut ride on mower?

graham james

graham jamesasked

Rancher 17/42 (13AV90KS333)

show me a video on how to remove mower deck please

holdenmad1966

holdenmad1966asked

What's the go with this heap of crap I brought this mower brand new used it three times and broken belt each time I feel I have been sold a lemon

Randeep Singh

Welcome to the Rancid Rover club. If you put the cutting deck below no.2 level the belt either breaks or comes off.

Randeep Singh

We should find a class action lawyer who will drag rover to court over this.

Laurence F.asked

Rancher 547/42 (13A879WS333)

The mower was going and mowing well, then all of a sudden the motor stopped suddenly. Tried starting again, no sound, not turning. Electrical Fault, isolater or something else?

Randeep Singh

When did you last have it serviced? Check the basics like oil , electricals and connections to th battery itself. Also ensure the under seat safety hasn't permanently switched disconnected. Goid luck!

Laurence F.

Thank you for your help, I am going through the electrical, looking at the under seat safety switch. Randeep Singh.

Merv I.

Merv I.asked

Rancher 547/38 (13A879WF333)

how can i lower the cutting deck more

Randeep Singh

Mate, don't go lower than no.2 on the cutting deck height, the belt comes off. Also put a bit of anti slip mat on your seat, else get ready to slide off on turns.

Merv I.

Merv I.asked

how can i lower the cutting deck on a 547/38 rover doesnt go as low as my old mtd

Rob K

Rob Kasked

What size is the deck belt

Rob K

Rob Kasked

What size is the deck belt

Randeep Singh

The belt is what was put on by Morton's machinery, the authorized dealer and service ppl. It is the prescribed size.

Graham

Grahamasked

Rancher 20/42 (13AP91KS333)

How to change the v belt

Darren H

Darren Hasked

Hi ,
I was cutting thick Kikuyu grass ( with my Rover Rancher 547/38) and the mower cut out and the cutting plate has stopped turning. The engine still runs. Is there a quick fix solution? The mower is brand new.
Darren

Keraasked

Belt wedged and come off

Keraasked

Belt come off and has become wedged help , what do I unscrew

Keraasked

Belt has become stuck and can’t me off help

Pawan G.

Pawan G.asked

Rancher 547/42 (13A879WS333)

I have nearly new Rover Rancher 547/42 model mower. It worked well for 6 months, now it stops after running sometimes 50 or 40 or 30 or 20 minutes. I changed all the filters, plug and checked fuel tank cap.

Rob 4

Rob 4asked

looking for a spindle housing , model # 27167/198

Leigh H.

Leigh H.asked

Rancher 20/42 (13AP91KS333)

I have no ignition and can't find the fuse

Rancher 20/42 (13AP91KS333)

where is the fuse located?

Keith M.

Found it under seat/battery & removed battery box.

Rancher 20/42 (13AP91KS333)

Where is the fuse located please?

David
David

Manual says under the hood mounted on the rear of the dash panel

Rancher 20/42 (13AP91KS333)

where is the fuse located

Nick B.

Nick B.asked

When you in gauge the cutting blades the motor stops

Businessbattler
Businessbattler

Sounds like no one has explained the sequence with turning the hey back one notch and pressing the triangle so that you can mow in reverse. it would be helpful if people asking questions gave more details about the mower like age!!! ranchers been around over 20 years.

Get an answer from our members and Rover representatives