Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830

Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830 Questions & Answers

31 questions from our users

Many say the automatic line feeder does not work
Mine used to work sometimes and not at others. Lately I've noticed that it works better than previously and that it seems to perform better with a good battery. The battery that came with the trimmer (5Ah) is a dud and is failing after just two years (outside the 2 yr warranty). When I use the old 4Ah battery(that I had to buy 4 yrs ago to replace a dud 1.4Ah battery that came with a blower) it spins the trimmer at a higher speed and it works fine. So, I figure that Ryobi puts their reject batteries into their packages such as line trimmers/shears/blowers/etc and keeps the batteries that pass their certification as separate sale items at higher prices (eg $150 for a new 5Ah batt as opposed to a package of trimmer, 5Ah batt and charger for $229). So if your line is not auto feeding then try using it with a good battery not the one that came in the package.

how to remove head and replace line

I have replaced the trimming line but it keeps 'autofeeding' and is too long. Is there something I have missed? Or does the line have to be a specific type? Amanda
i expect you have not wound the line correctly probably too loose

Hi. Does this come with battery and charger or are they extra? Regards, Eric.
OLT1830 is for $99.- . It is skin only, no battery, no charger. But it is also available as package for $229.- at Bunnings RLT1830LiX51 including 5Amp battery and charger. If you don't have battery and charger yet, then it comes much cheaper if bought as package than buying it separately.

My white cover for the line feed reel has disintegrated. Can I replace this part?

How do I attach the line trimmer to the charger?
You need to remove the battery and place it in the charger separately. Use the release buttons on either side of the battery and pull the battery out of the trimmer motor. Then click the battery into the charger.

Run time for trimmer?

My 18V trimmer's auto feed has stopped working Ideas please?
Mine too

My ryobi 18 plus one trimmer/edger works great but it is stuck in the edging position. How can I fix this?
If the buttons on the side don't work, try spraying with a silicone spray like Selleys Ezy Glide.

HI Ryobi easy edge stopped working.., battery is charged fully.. can u help troubleshoot?
Is there still line left in the spool? I’m sorry that is the only trouble I have had with mine with needing to replace the spool of line trimmer cord. If that isn’t the problem I would be returning to your place of purchase. All the best :)I opened the trimmer up to exposed the wires and discovered one of the wires (white) was disconnected at the connection point close to the motor. I did a video on Youtube. If you search "How To Fix Ryobi Cordless 18V Trimmer Weed Eater", you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

My trimmer works great for a few minutes with a fully charged battery, then intermittently start and stop again. If I hold trimmer upside down it will run fine without stopping. Once i bring back to normal position it sups running again. ???

My Ryobi 18v is brand new & I charged the battery overnight but it will work for say 30 seconds then stop. If I leave it for a while it starts again but again stops. Why would it be doing this?

My Ryobi battery is fully charged, yet when attached to the trimmer, it will not work. I have only used it once. it worked fine that time. Any ideas?

Can you leave the battery charging on the charger while not in use?

Battery is fully charged, inserted correctly but Ryobi grinder won’t turn. Any ideas?

Went through a whole spool of cord in one afternoon. My block is not that large 730sqm2 i dont think i was overly trigger happy. Is it standard to go through this much?
Yes I had the same problem. Alos the auto feed system does not seem to work in mine and have to manaully feed out each time the line breaks. The instruction book specifies the use of 1.6mm line/cord, but I have found that it is much more effective using 2mm cord. Not sure if this is safe or would damage the unit, so try at your own risk (and please wear eye protection!)

My ryobi one cordless trimmer often jams in the on position and won't stop until I remove the battery. How can I get to stop the switch jamming?

I have a 36v whipper snipper 2 months old. When charging charger flashes from green to red but will not charge. What is the problem?

How long should you use a ryobi petrol whipper snipper for before resting it?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives