Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830

Ryobi 18V One+ Line Trimmer OLT1830 Questions & Answers

MPN: OLT1830

35 questions from our users

John T. Fieldasked

My first spool has been exhausted. It is 18v lithium battery driven model. Where can I find a utube demonstration of installing a replacement spool ?

John T. Field

He used is intelligent mind and found the answer for himself.

Karl W.

Karl W.asked

My ryobi cordless line trimmer - only used 4 or 5 times - will start spinning but immediately stops spinning when put to work. There's action going on in the shaft but the head won't spin. Can anyone please advise?

Jonesy4567
Jonesy4567

Take it back. It has a one year warranty

JMSasked

Unknown to me the spool cover fell apart while I was using it. I realised what had happened when I stopped it to see what the strange noise was. I had a new one but before I replaced it I had to clean some cut grass away a a small spring fell out of the part where the spool goes but I don't know where it came from to replace it. Any ideas please??? thanks.

acerace

Yes, I had look at mine. The push button/slide piece to release more string slides in when u push it in. Behind/under that slide piece is a small spring that returns the slide/ button., You may need to fiddle with it a bit and put that spring back in.Good luck u should be ok. Worst thing Ryobi should/could sell u a new spool. I have another brand machine and bought on Ebay a new spool $15.00.
Peter

JMS

I had worked out that it belonged to that button but I can’t work out where the spring goes. A photo of where it goes would be useful please. As I said I have a new spool and the cap cover thing. A rather poorly designed part as far as I’m concerned. This is my 3 rd one in 4 years!

Guntram G.

Guntram G.asked

I had my line trimmer for a few years and it has done a fair bit of work. Now its has started to lose power . It comes up to the revs put slows down under load. It also needs help to get going occasionally. I am suspecting worn brushes. Can they be replaced and what type of brush do i need?

acerace

Not sure about brushes. My Milwaukee 18v drill just stopped,new brushes fixed it ,check with Ryobi, Maybe the battery/charger is on the way out!!!

Black Spider

Black Spiderasked

Many say the automatic line feeder does not work

Capt Jack
Capt Jack

Mine used to work sometimes and not at others. Lately I've noticed that it works better than previously and that it seems to perform better with a good battery. The battery that came with the trimmer (5Ah) is a dud and is failing after just two years (outside the 2 yr warranty). When I use the old 4Ah battery(that I had to buy 4 yrs ago to replace a dud 1.4Ah battery that came with a blower) it spins the trimmer at a higher speed and it works fine. So, I figure that Ryobi puts their reject batteries into their packages such as line trimmers/shears/blowers/etc and keeps the batteries that pass their certification as separate sale items at higher prices (eg $150 for a new 5Ah batt as opposed to a package of trimmer, 5Ah batt and charger for $229). So if your line is not auto feeding then try using it with a good battery not the one that came in the package.

Jonathan R.

Jonathan R.asked

how to remove head and replace line

Amanda

Amandaasked

I have replaced the trimming line but it keeps 'autofeeding' and is too long. Is there something I have missed? Or does the line have to be a specific type?
Amanda

wizard motorcycles
wizard motorcycles

i expect you have not wound the line correctly probably too loose

Mal

Malasked

Since replacing the line with the recommended cassette my Ryobi +one line trimmer does not self feed.

Geoff93
Geoff93

Sorry, can't help. Same thing happened to me, and others by the look of the reviews. We don't use it now ... are there any that work properly?

Eric.

Eric.asked

Hi.

Does this come with battery and charger or are they extra?

Regards,

Eric.

Marpa
Marpa

OLT1830 is for $99.- . It is skin only, no battery, no charger.
But it is also available as package for $229.- at Bunnings RLT1830LiX51 including 5Amp battery and charger.
If you don't have battery and charger yet, then it comes much cheaper if bought as package than buying it separately.

HelenSteve G

HelenSteve Gasked

My white cover for the line feed reel has disintegrated. Can I replace this part?

JMS

Yes you can . Bunnings have them and also includes a new spool. I've replaced mine several times . Just make a note of your particular model so that you get the correct one.

Allie

Allieasked

How do I attach the line trimmer to the charger?

Regular consumer
Regular consumer

You need to remove the battery and place it in the charger separately. Use the release buttons on either side of the battery and pull the battery out of the trimmer motor. Then click the battery into the charger.

Dennis

jld

Mine too

Ryan

Ryanasked

My ryobi 18 plus one trimmer/edger works great but it is stuck in the edging position. How can I fix this?

Kate B

If the buttons on the side don't work, try spraying with a silicone spray like Selleys Ezy Glide.

Jagadeesh C

Jagadeesh Casked

HI Ryobi easy edge stopped working.., battery is charged fully.. can u help troubleshoot?

Mumma
Mumma

Is there still line left in the spool? I’m sorry that is the only trouble I have had with mine with needing to replace the spool of line trimmer cord. If that isn’t the problem I would be returning to your place of purchase. All the best :)

Kwame
Kwame

I opened the trimmer up to exposed the wires and discovered one of the wires (white) was disconnected at the connection point close to the motor. I did a video on Youtube. If you search "How To Fix Ryobi Cordless 18V Trimmer Weed Eater", you will see what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

Dave

Daveasked

My trimmer works great for a few minutes with a fully charged battery, then intermittently start and stop again. If I hold trimmer upside down it will run fine without stopping. Once i bring back to normal position it sups running again. ???

Nana B

Nana Basked

My Ryobi 18v is brand new & I charged the battery overnight but it will work for say 30 seconds then stop. If I leave it for a while it starts again but again stops. Why would it be doing this?

Chuck

Chuckasked

My Ryobi battery is fully charged, yet when attached to the trimmer, it will not work. I have only used it once. it worked fine that time. Any ideas?

Kim

Kimasked

Can you leave the battery charging on the charger while not in use?

Jack B

Jack Basked

Battery is fully charged, inserted correctly but Ryobi grinder won’t turn. Any ideas?

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives