Ryobi RLM36 Series

Ryobi RLM36 Series Questions & Answers

RLM36B40H, RLM36X40H40, RLM36X46L50HI / RLM36X46L50HID, etc...

114 questions from our users

norman

normanasked

RLM36X46S5

after starting mower does not reach full speed and stalls when you start cutting Norm..

madeline
madeline

can I leave the catcher off

raymond t.

raymond t.asked

RLM36 Series

Mower worked okay until about a square metre of grass left tried to restart mower wouldn’t start I recharged battery inserted key still won’t start any ideas

Indraj S.

Indraj S.asked

RLM36B40H

Hello there i am after a on off button or lever which is broke can you please advise where can i order the spare from ?

Heather M.asked

RLM36 Series

RLM36B51SP, first use yesterday, did the back yard, went to do the front yard, stopped dead.
Checked battery, 3 out of 4 lights on. Tried to start it several times, no luck. What's wrong with it???? So frustrating, not happy :(
Hoping someone can help and its an easy fix, Thanks

Heather M.

Worked it out, when I was pushing the mower up my driveway yesterday, the handle must have "gone in" a little bit. Checked the handle, pulled it out about half a centimetre, and it started. Must be very touchy.....

Razza

Razzaasked

RLM36 Series

Just purchased Ryobi 36 volt self propelled lawn mower Mod # RLM36X51SP. With the height setting at the lowest it can go, my (badly needs mowing) lawn looks no different. I can't even see where I'v been ???
Can somebody help me ?

Blade is upside down

Robyn T.asked

RLM36 Series

Why is it not cutting lawn

northernangler

Probably either not turned on or battery discharged or not inserted correctly.

Robyn T.

Seriously not turned on. !!!
I have gone through all the correct procedures, read the manual again .Battery is definitely charged. Looked at the trouble shooting guide. They reference to the solenoid being faulty.
Seriously offer help that is more detailed please. Possible fault heading back to Bunnings.

northernangler

Is the little red thing inserted in the slot near the battery?

Iben Svensson Lund

Iben Svensson Lundasked

RLM36 Series

My mover first didn’t stop, and after we got it to stop it didn’t want to start, what could we do?

Carl B.

Carl B.asked

RLM36 Series

While mowing a thick lawn my mower stopped and now won't start again. I have checked the battery and it's fully charged the key is in place and everything else seems OK, it just won't start. Please advise?

Sidony M.
Sidony M.

Hi Carl. I’ve just had a similar thing happen to me. Did you end up finding out what the problem was?

Michelle M.
Michelle M.

I’ve had the same issue. Any solutions

Heather M.

Same problem here, so frustrating.

HFamilyasked

RLM36X46S5

Our mower is Ryobi RLM36X46S52 Any tips for putting the catcher on and off would be appreciated.

northernangler

I am right handed so I lift the flap that covers the grass clipping outlet up as high as I can then slip the catcher in and hang it on the two white clips on the mower itself. The two clips on the catcher should match up perfectly. Any further problem ask me again and I will try for an email contact.

Lisa
Lisa

I had same issue with my catcher. Struggled to align and connect to the mower. Took it back to the store for a replacement. Do also try the demo in the store to see if it has the same issue as you find some of the mowers have a catcher issue.

HFamily

Thankyou both. I think we will ask for a demo at the store and then maybe take it in.

Rod W.

Rod W.asked

RLM36 Series

how do I remove the spring mechinism for cleaning as it is presently showing signs of rust. The battery cover shape is a water trap which witholds water and rusts the spring.

Charbz

Charbzasked

RLM36 Series

We have a RLM36B46S mower and we trying to locate a replacement blade which is not available at Bunnnings even though they stock the mower and another blade. And we not sure how to get the replacement. This seems like a painful process for such a simple item.

Aaron L

The story I have been told (in NZ) is that Ryobi offers basically no service, its replacement or nothing... :(

Aaron L

Having said that ryobi seem to list such a blade on their websife

Nev W

Nev Wasked

RLM36 Series

I have a rlm36 cordless mower,has been going great but It started okay then stopped.The control lever is very loose and I think the cable may have disconnected or broke.Can some one advise on how to replace or repair the cable.

Wndy62

Wndy62asked

RLM36 Series

Battery only lasts for 7 minutes?

Jacci
Jacci

My battery is brand new and have found that it will do my entire front yard and the back yard (which is a large) on a single charge, if the grass isn't too wet or too long. if it is, then it will need a second charge. Takes me about an hour or more to get both the front and back done. I

Is it on setting 4

northernangler

About the same for me. Still have one light on after doing all my lawns

Shane S.

HOW DO i REMOVE A STUCK BATTERY

Dulce

Dulceasked

RLM36X46L50HI / RLM36X46L50HID

how do you change from mulch to catcher

Aaron L

Remove the mulch plug under the hatch at the back. Then put the catcher on instead

Magdi khalil

Magdi khalilasked

RLM36X50HP

How to replace spring on battery door

Magdi khalil

Magdi khalilasked

RLM36X50HP

How to replace door battery spring

Debbie B.
Debbie B.

Never had it come off sorry can't help you

pharlap61asked

Have you all converted to 2x18v batteries instead

Beverley P.

Beverley P.asked

RLM36 Series

How long do the battery last mind doesn't seam to be charging

Get an answer from our members and Ryobi representatives