Samsung SRF533DLS (533L)

• Internal Layout
Jacqui K.

Jacqui K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Samsung Purchase ever

Purchased in September 2016 at The Good Guys for A$1,699.00.

Donna

DonnaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Same problem as all other reviews that I have read !!

Purchased my fridge from JB HiFi on 15 Jan 2018. Now just out of warranty. Water leakage every day into crispers and bottom of the fridge. Very disappointing as i thought I was buying a quality product that would last. From the reviews I have seen the problem is persistent even after some repairs from the manufacturer. Pulling my hair out as to what to do.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,250.00.

Household Size2 person(s)

Bruno BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stay away from this fridge

First one lasted 3 months and Samsung replaced it. (Faulty compessor) The second one (same model) went ok for 18 months and then began to leak water into the vegetable crispers
Samsung arranged a repair which again was ok for around 7-8 months, then same problem.
Contacted Samsung who said the fridge was now out of warranty.
I explained surely a repair had a guarantee of at least 12 months, however Samsung said we are unable to help you any further.
Really ??? having purchased quite a number of Samsung electrical appliances inc two LED televisions, mobile phones and a host of other items.
Weird part is we moved to our new house and the fridge has been fine for about the last 10 months.
Fingers Crossed

Purchased in June 2016 for A$1,500.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung SRF533DLS (533L) compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Laila

LailaSydney, NSW

Worst thing we have ever purchased

I wish i had researched this fridge before we bought it.
We have the same problem as everyone else - water filling up our crisper draws and the floor of the fridge.
I empty and clean the crispers every second day and litres of water leak into them. All the food in these draws rot from the water leakage and its a huge part of the fridge we now cant use - what a waste! It keeps happening again and again. We do everything we are supposed to, but it is useless.
We followed instructions and took the top apart and defrosted the lines etc and 1week later the issue is happening again and again. Its not worth the large amount of money we have paid for it.
NEVER buy this fridge. I am so turned off that i will never but a SAMSUNG product again.

Purchased in January 2016 at The Good Guys for A$2,000.00.

Illi

IlliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Water leakage

The fridge leaks water in to the vegetable drawers. Water leak started just in 18 months time . But Samsung guys came and fix because that was on warranty period but 5 months later started again untill now . I don't recommend Samsung fridge at all. Give me big time headache from the family.

Purchased in June 2016.

Household Size5 person(s)
Revco

RevcoLA

Water leaking in to drawers. Fridge less than 3 years old.

As mentioned by so many reviewers below me, the fridge leaks water in to the vegetable drawers. Our fridge is less than 3 years old and just out of the 2 year warranty.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys.

Adam R.

Adam R.Perth, WA

Stay away

Fridge leaks water into the vegetable compartment....seems to be a common problem...unusable as a result....I would not recommend this product to anyone considering to purchase this item at all....not good

Purchased in June 2015 at Masters for A$1,375.00.

njkFar North Queensland, QLD

I wouldn't recommend this fridge

Purchased in April 2015.

njk

Update Samsung have reviewed my case and are not willing to assist. I would stay clear of this fridge. This has not been a good product.

randy19

randy19SYDNEY

cheap but has problems

water keeps freezing under crisper draws and needs attention quite often ,electronics failed not long after purchase. I would not recommend you buy this model as daughter had exactly the same problems with hers

Purchased in July 2015 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,200.00.

Eric

EricMelbourne

Good fridge couldn't be happier

Fridge is very good, adjustable temperature and ice maker which we don't use but is there if needed. A complaint is that sometimes the ice maker turns on even though it's off and not connected but the fridge it self is great doors work well

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,300.00.

Fatima

Fatima

Never a samsung fridge again dont waste your money

Purchased in June 2011 at Harvey Norman for A$2,400.00.

Alisdair

Alisdair

Complete Nightmare

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Dangerous product

Bottom glass shelf spontaneously shattered overnight,glass everywhere. Samsung added insult to injury and won’t replace even though the unit is less than a year old. Terrible customer service. Now in hands of ACCC. Will never buy a Samsung product again....... please don’t buy this product as it is a liability

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Samsung AUSamsung

Hi There, we are very sorry to hear what's happened. We've sent you a PM requesting for more info, when you do get the chance can you please send those details through?

Jazz
Samsung Australia

vchan

vchanmelbourne

a decent product

i got this fridge on promotion and is good value
The machine is quiet and the temperature maintained consistently in all compartments and since it's samsung i dont think the warranty claim if needed would be a problem
Cleaning is also not a problem.
The Freezer is also quiet consistent

However the water doeskin cool properly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
B. K.

B. K.AU

Perfect fridge for small space

This is a nice, compact fridge, perfect if you have limited space for fridge. We are a family of four and found the storage space is more than sufficient. It has a good temperatures range which is easy to set and maintained well in both compartments.

I really like the power freeze/cool functions. Turns beverages from room temperature to icy cold in around 30 minutes. Very handy. Another plus is the non-plumbed water dispenser. Easy access, quick to refill and clean, and being non-plumbed means one less thing to worry about!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

tashi

tashi

vegitable container part was not fixed properly

the fridge was good but the worst part is the vegetable cabinate is not fixing it properly ,the alignment is not fixing properly and when i closed the fridge door it was touching the cabinate and it cracked .the vegetable cabinate is not going all the way through inside .

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Calvin Y

Calvin YPerth

Great Fridge, Love the water dispenser

The Samsung Srf533dls fridge is a great family fridge with ample storage space and movable shelves. The highlight of the fridge for me is the water dispenser accessible from the front of the fridge. The water dispenser does not need to be plumbed but features a removable 4L tank that is easily refilled.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Wayne

Great fridge for the price

We bought this fridge on 29/1/18. It is quiet, has enough space inside for food and drink for four people.The interior lighting is brilliant. The fridge for $1280 comes with an icemaker and a non plumbed cold water dispenser. Exceptional value for the price. Delivery was prompt and courteous. The salesman at Joyce Mayne very informative and the product came with a voucher of $130 valid for two years to use towards our next purchase. .

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Stan11

Stan11PHOENIX

Never a Samsung appliance again

Love the french door design on this fridge layout, but O my what an unreliable, mechanical design. After 1 year the compressor went out. New compressor installed and worked great for about 18 months. Came home from an extended vacation and all the frozen goods in the bottom of the fridge had turned to sludge and mold. Yuuck!!! Buy one of these at your own risk.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Sari

SariSydney

Love it

The fridge section is spacious but freezer bit too small but we love our ice maker. We are very happy with this purchase. Delivery was prompt and professional. Well done Bing Lee. It is new so won’t know if any issues with product. Looks good. Eater tank takes space from the fridge door but I love the chilled water

Date PurchasedDec 2017