• Build Stage
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

FaceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Last minute contract variation without any notification, discussion or clarification provided

Build StagePre-Construction

Hi,
I'm sorry you are having problems with getting a response to your query. Could you please get in touch with us via our head office on 8301 8333 so that I can follow this up? Kind regards, Jaye

Outside Warranty Time Frame Update

Part 2. Thank you Sarah Homes for rectifying my concern. Now fully Compliant and functioning well.
It is unfortunate though, to get a result I had to resort to writing a review...Please in the future follow-up concerns and treat them with proactive rather than a reactive response. I am sure future positive reviews will follow...Kind Regards. Gregg

Build StagePost-Construction
Unhappy Jan

Unhappy JanSouthern and Hills, SA

Poor quality very disappointing

Jaye S.Sarah Homes

We are concerned to hear that you are having these issues. Please contact our head office so that we can find a resolution for your concerns. Kind regards, Jaye

Not worth the money

Clare Armstrong
Clare Armstrong

Great Build! Very happy with the outcome.

IJZ

IJZMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Run, just run

Beach House Build

Our initial meetings with our New Homes Consultant were extremely positive. My husband and I were "new" to the building process and Mark Taylor was well-informed, efficient, very helpful and personable. The workmanship and build quality was excellent. If we had any issues, they were resolved in a timely manner. Our final cost was a little over our estimated cost, but was not anything the builders would have forseen at the commencement of the build. Thank you Sarah Homes.

Kaye W.

Kaye W.Southern and Hills, SA

The absolute best process from beginning to completion.

Hi Kaye,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so glad that you are happy in your new home and that you found the process efficient and professional.
All the best, the Sarah Homes team.

Colin Rowsell

Colin Rowsell

Best Consultant Ever

Game Baily

Game BailyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolutely wonderful people!

Everything from contacting the New Homes consultant to the way she handled contracts, build deals, and any statements that we may need more elaborate information on were spot on! Our New Home Consultant was and is extremely helpful in every way we could possibly imagine! My partner and I are very happy to have her as our New Home Consultant! If I may drop a name, her name is Melissa Rowsell. Just an amazing woman to get the job done!

Brett

BrettSouthern and Hills, SA

Easy to deal with

We have built with another large volume builder and had many problems .We were very pleasantly surprised when we started building with Sarah homes every aspect was dealt with professionally and effectively. This was a investment property and when we went to sell was sold on the first day listed for sale the purchasers loved the quality

ian

ianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better than we Thought!!!!

Hi Ian,
Thank you for taking the time to review Sarah Homes. We are so glad that you and Diane are enjoying your new home. It looks beautiful and we are sure you will enjoy the quality of it for years to come.
Best wishes, the Sarah Homes team.

Kevin c

Kevin cMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great to build with

The whole experience was great, from the time we spoke to mark at the display home to the end product, we could not have asked for better, no problems at all and no cost blow outs, thank you Mark Taylor for your tips that have made our home perfect and Jake the supervisor for keeping everything running smoothly, you employ top tradies

Hi Kevin & Elaine,
We are so glad that you are happy with your new home and that you enjoyed the experience of building with Sarah Homes. We wish you many happy years in your new home.
All the best, from the Sarah Homes team.

Tess John

Tess JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Our perfect experience with Sarah Homes

Alex Stender was so thorough with the planning process helping us to turn our minds to things such as the window structure, benchtop top size and lay-out. As we were building a beach-house he also helped us get the best sea views by designing the balcony with the best angles. He thought of everything & made the whole process enjoyable without any hidden surprises. The price was exactly what we were quoted. He is trustworthy, honest & reliable always keeping us informed every step of the way. The building & construction phase was seamless. We were given our building supervisor Jake who kept the project on time & to a high standard. The building was completed in the timeframe suggested. We could not be happier with the finished product.

Jaye S.Sarah Homes

Very happy with our new house

After getting mucked around by another builder, we came to Sarah homes to get our dream home built. The build was completed in record time and we are very happy to be in our new home. Leigh was very helpful and made sure we understood each part of the contract and inclusions before we signed it.

Joanne H.

Joanne H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They promised and they delivered

Site Admin

Poor customer service, worst build experience I have experienced in my building history.

Poor management of build.
Workmanship sub par.
Many hand over issues which were never fully resolved.
Hand over was delayed multiple times meaning loss in rent for months.
The company doesn’t want to know about you once they have received all their payments.

Geoff

GeoffMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor quality work and customer service

Nick S

Nick SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good value for money!

Our Beautiful Farm Home

Our entire experience with Sarah homes was excellent. From the initial design and modifications, their assistance with council variations through to the finished product. Site supervisor was excellent and any problems were quickly addressed and fixed. We were quoted a 20 week build and it was achieved in 17. Some of the things we love about the house is open plan, skillion roof, large family lounge, dining kitchen and independant kids area. We feel we have achieved an architecturally designed home from a spec builder. We now have the home we always wanted which utilises the views across the hills and blends in with the surrounding environment. Its like being on holidays everyday.

Construction End DateSept 2017

Andrew

Andrewasked

How much difference is there typically from listed price and what people select? Is it possible to reduce the cost further from listed price? Interested in comments.

Phillip t
Phillip t

Hi Andrew.
There listed price is just a guide. Increase your final price buy 25% and you'll be close to your final costing. Council energy requirements and there listed prices for a very basic low speck home.

Sarah28

Sarah28asked

What was the difference between quote price and actual contract price?

Amanda

In the subdivision that I purchased my block of land, the Local Council would only allow Sarah Homes to built onsite,
also they wanted me to install another window, before approving the plans for my home.

Therefore, I incurred extra costs of $2,400.00 to build onsite and $450.00 for a window to be installed, due to Local Council regulations.
I received two quotes for my home to be built, one without concrete piers, and one with bored concrete foundation piers, subject to the soil report.
With my soil report showing that I had to build my home with bored concrete foundation piers.

The difference between quote price, and actual contract price was $000.00.

L Griffiths
L Griffiths

The only difference in costing was what we asked for to be changed, however these were even out as we received a refund from the foundation cost.

Pat Burge

Pat Burgeasked

How much did the final price at completion vary from the price when the contract was signed?

F&T Harris
F&T Harris

Pat, Sarah Homes were on target with the final price. There were a few post-contract variations of our own choosing that we added ourselves.
F Harris

Amanda

Sarah Homes quoted me a price to build a home without concrete piers, and with concrete piers (subject to the soil report).
But my block of land, had to have concrete piers installed, and Sarah Homes final price was exactly what they had quoted me.
Every owner deciding to build a new home, has to have their block cleared, and leveled, and these costs can vary. I was very fortunate that my block of land was very level, and I only had to have the vegitation (Weeds, etc.) removed prior to the concrete piers being installed, and the building work commencing.
The only extra costs depend on your LOCAL COUNCIL PLANNING APPROVALS, and REGULATIONS, as I had decided to purchase a Transportable Sarah Home, but my Local Council would only allow dwellings to be built onsite, which added $2,500.00 to my final price,
and The Local Council also wanted me to put in another window, which was a post-contract variation costing me another $350.00.

Get an answer from our members and Sarah Homes representatives