Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store

Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store

3.1

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (16) · No (52)
Shannon

ShannonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Super fast processing

i bought a Distro plate from these guys plaid express order was processed and posted within a day was shocked by the speed was so happy with the service i order a 3080 from you guys as well communication was very good for every step they took

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Incredibly unhelpful, difficult, and complicated.

Customer service is lacking, three of 8 items needed to be returned for defects, and it was such a hassle to get anything done for each of the three items. I would not recommend them and will not shop with them again.

MrT

MrTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would give zero if i could - awful returns policies. This is why BIG retailers are good.

Website states they accept returns within 5 days if unopened, but they wouldn't let me upgrade to a more expensive keyboard citing covid concerns. It they were so concerned about covid spread they shouldnt be operating at all.
Will never buy from them again.

Online Shops

Find out how Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) Online store compares to other Online Shops

Socrates D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really bad customer service and bad handling of returns.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedASUS - VL279HE
Craig W

Craig WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Purchased a monitor after calling ahead to ensure they had stock. They lied.

Purchased a monitor after calling ahead to ensure they had stock. They said yes and it will be shipped within days. I purchased it. After weeks of getting on going automated emails pushing back my order I get another email saying it's now a whole month away. The lies are infuriating and I worked from home with a tiny screen waiting for weeks for a big one to now have to wait nearly 2 months. They seem to not care at all. Don't sell monitors if you don't have stock and don't lie about it. Really simple.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedLG 34GL750-B Ultragear 34”
Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Beware - no recourse if a component does not meet your expectations

Ordered a $500 graphics card only to have a worse gaming experience due to the new card highlighting issues with other components that need upgrading.
As the graphics card is not faulty Scorptec will not entertain a return even for a credit note for another purchase.
Customer service response was terse and unsympathetic - can’t change your mind.
So - make sure you do all your research and are happy to take a risk of incompatibity with your setup.

Product PurchasedGraphics Card

Gaming Keyboard & Mouse Purchase

Back order purchase with changing ETA due to COVID, all I can say as it hasn’t arrived yet is their communication platform is top-shelf & they’re good at keeping you up-to-date

DonnaMelbourne

No Help Whatsoever

Son spent his 21st Birthday money ($2600) on products to build computer. Pins did not align and when trying to fit together, they broke. Scorptec aren't interested. Son can now not build unless he pays another $600 to replace part with broken pins. Unfortunately, as a uni student, he doesn't have spare cash sitting around! Nor does anyone else. Thanks for ruining his 21st and wasting everybody else's money Scorptec. No customer service at all!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caution! Victorian's Beware! Do not purchase during lock-down.

Daniel A

Daniel AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Slow to dispatch

Irrespective of delivery times at the moment, they are also slow to dispatch from their warehouse. I ordered on Saturday night and it got dispatched Wednesday after 5pm. On the other hand I ordered from Centre Com also at the same time and it was ready the next day, Sunday. Wish there was a dispatch ETA when you order.

Jerry

JerryMid North Coast, NSW

Scorptec and Intel responded

Wrote a harsh factual account of my experience, that included Intel Philippines, an hour ago, now deleted. Half an hour later I got real Phone Calls from both parties both supportive after days of trying to buy a NUC cable. All resolved at this stage, Unit being taken back under warranty, waiting for DHL collection info.

Joshua P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely abysmal online service

Sales staff made a mistake on the dating of my invoice, which meant my order didn't qualify for the promotion which was a huge reason I bought the product in the first place. That's fine that happens, but 6 weeks later I have sent 10 emails, spoken to 4 different people and done the live chat 3 times, still no answers about fixing their mistake. Absolutely zero attempts to reach out to me, I was doing the chasing every time. Terrible, terrible, terrible service. I have warned everyone I know not to shop there because of this and that is a few thousand dollars a year so good job.

Product PurchasedAOC C27G1
Rawdyn

RawdynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't ever underestimate the value of great service.

Product PurchasedLenovo X1 Carbon
Achille A.

Achille A.Hobart, TAS

Good prices, quick dispatches

I purchased a Thermaltake S100 case from this website, the UI probably needs a refresh but they did have a wide array of reasonably priced products. The payment process was quick and easy, and I was provided with a tracking number within the hour. I received the case in under the estimated delivery time, and it was extremely well packaged with no discernable damage. I'll definitely buy from them again.

Product PurchasedThermaltake S100 Black Edition

worst company to deal with online

The company outright refused the return of an unopened product. The company blamed covid laws for the refusal. Customer service was non-existant and the inferance was it was my problem to deal with.

IncreasingKarma

IncreasingKarmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing service, fast delivery

Wesley C.

Wesley C.South East Queensland, QLD

Handled my case well.

Just to counteract negative review bias a bit. Ordered multiple items for a PC build from Scorptec, but was notified that one of them (the fans) wouldn't be stocked until an extra month. Worried that it would delay the other items assuming they'd be freighted together, I sent a message via the order page asking to cancel the fans (as there was no automatic cancel button like Amazon).

Given the reviews I've seen and since we're in the middle of Covid, didn't expect to get a response anytime soon, but within a day their customer service rang me and got everything sorted smoothly, cancelled the fans and even reduced my freight cost.

tariwicksSydney, NSW

Terrible Service. No exchanges policy.

I would leave them 0 stars if I could. Horrendous service. Their response to COVID-19 is to have no customer service whatsoever. I bought an expensive product from them and was misled by the picture of their website. When I wrote to them asking to exchange the product and pay any extra that needed to be paid they said they werent taking any products back due to their covid policy?! This makes absolutely no sense as customers make mistakes and it should be fairly easy to make exchanges on products - I wasn't even asking for a refund so they would have kept me as a returning customer. There was no flexibility or leeway given - This is a terrible business. I will never be dealing with them again. Disgusting.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Everything Went Smoothly

Cloud9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful experience ongoing for 3 weeks.

I've purchased this item around 3 weeks ago. Initially the wrong item was delivered. I drove to Scorptec in person and tried to solve the matter but was told to contact Amazon. Contacted amazon a handfull of times by now and still nothing. Seller does not answer phone and dont respond my emails. I've checked the reviews in here and there are quite a few other customers in the same situation.

Brett

Brettasked

Online store

More of a statement than a question, i was going to buy a $3,100 dollar laptop from your website.. But not any more after reading all about you on here.. Thanks but no thanks !

tariwicks

Good choice, don’t make the same mistake I did!

Tim
Tim

Yeah I just spent upwards of 4 grand on a laptop with them and now Im worried about when Im going to actually get it.

Yang

Yangasked

Online store

Hi I had an order request that had an ETA for parts arrival on 22nd June, but it suddenly changed to 4th of August due to a single monitor part which is too late and a huge inconvenience. I understand that stocks are volatile during this COVID times but I've paid for the order before this big sudden change so this is really unexpected. Is there any way to get around this as I need the order arriving earlier.

Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Hi Yang, thanks for your question - unfortunately there have been some ETA delays for new stock of products due to the ongoing restrictions and global market situation.

If you could please send us a DM on ProductReview with your order number we would be happy to take a look into this for you and potentially offer some alternatives that are more readily available.

David | Scorptec

Daniel C.

Daniel C.asked

Online store

I was about to order from your store when I noticed that you have provided an optional 'shipping insurance' fee.
Can you please explain the purpose of the fee? It is my understanding that under Australian Consumer Laws, the merchant is responsible for getting the item safely to the door of the customer. Ie. if a component is dead on arrival, lost in post or otherwise damaged, the merchant is liable for a refund or replacement.

Can you explain why does the consumer need to pay for insurance? What protections does it provide above and beyond normal ACL protections?

Scorptec C.Scorptec (Scorpion Technology)

Thanks for your question, we offer shipping insurance in accordance with ACL guidelines - covering loss or damage to goods after they have left our control.

As our delivery partners are independent of our business, these deliveries are outside of our control. These services do not provide protection against loss or damages, which is why we offer this to ensure peace of mind for our customers.

Please keep in mind that consumer guarantees against defects are separate from the delivery of goods. If your order arrives without incident but there is a problem with a product, this is of course protected under ACL.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at: feedback@scorptec.com.au

JohnScott
JohnScott

Danial C is correct. The buyer only takes responsibility for the goods when they sign for the delivery. Not before.

Although the carrier may be responsible for the goods while in shipment the buyer has no agreement with them and it is the sellers responsibility to ensure that the goods arrive to the buyer undamaged and in working order. The sellers responsibility does not end once the goods are shipped.

If an uninsured shipment goes missing or is damaged it is the sellers responsibility to recoup the monies from the carrier and ensure the buyer receives what they paid for.

There is no reason for a Scorptec customer to buy postage insurance, already Scorptec has agreed under Australian law to deliver undamaged goods to them by accepting payment.

Get an answer from our members and Scorptec (Scorpion Technology) representatives