Shannons Comprehensive Car Insurance

Shannons Comprehensive Car Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now

1.8

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (9), 1-2 weeks (5), 1-2 months (5), <1 week (2) and 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (13) · No (9)
David M.

David M.

1 star is not low enough

Didnt even want my money. Have to be part of their club they said. Talk to me like I'm was a pleb. Disgraceful customer service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

3 years and goes up over 10% with 65% no Claim Discount

Had to haggle every year from the start.. Suncorp was cheaper from the start. If you choose Shannons you will get a big discount if you do not claim after 3 years they stated, so I chose Shannons. After 3 years the policy went up another 8.7% from the previous year (year 2) and when discussing the policy with a charming lady as per every year (with attitude). The 65% is already applied! Your Motorcycle depreciates every year! (Good luck replacing a 2017 CBR1000RR Matt Black at all, FYI! With minimal kms in mint condition in near new condition) Suncorp is a sister company she stated. Cancelled the policy and went with Suncorp for $300+ dollars cheaper per year with same agreed value. Poor form Shannons. Wake up to yourselves.

Mat

MatHunter Region, NSW

Don’t answer

Rang three times. Waited 20-30 minutes each time with no answer. I have four policies with them already and wanted comprehensive insurance on another brand new vehicle. Well YOUi are living my business now

Car ModelToyota Prado J150 GX 4 Cylinder, 2.8 Litre Automatic
Car Insurance

Find out how Shannons Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Jamie frank

Jamie frankMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not do any business with Shannon’s.

I wish I could leave no stars. Do not do business with these people. I had my car stolen and they did absolutely nothing but try and get out of paying. After weeks of back and forth they only gave me a partial amount of what my car was insured for. Change your Insurance provider ASAP. Absolute criminals, the people I spoke to didn’t care and had no passion

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

LeenaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shannons Unreliable roadside accident procedures

Car ModelToyota Yaris
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claimant is the policy holderNo
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Joe

JoeWerribee

Shocking service! Customer service training required urgently.

Shocking service! I've been with Shannons for a number of years and was recently in and out of hospital with a serious breakdown. Shannons sent me emails about my overdue car insurance premiums and just cancelled by policies without even trying to make a simple phone call. When I contacted them and explained what happened, they simply ignored me and said that they don't contact customers by phone. They completely showed a lack of compassion and just stated that I should have checked my mail. I was in hospital for Gods sake. A simple phone call could have saved me this additional anxiety.

Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX
Peter C

Peter C

Purchase Shannons car insurance at your own risk!

We had multiple policies for a number of years, claim initially approved but next day quote for additional damaged submitted to purposely write off car. Shannons contacted VicRoads to write off car before they contacted us. AFCA supported Shannons at every turn, although they mislead them with non-current product disclosure statement, if you don’t believe our story check AFCA stats online to see what chance you have of getting a fair go.
Shannons are only the face of the company you have to deal with when you make a claim, never again!
No trust in Shannons to provide what you pay for.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Les M.

Les M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing service and support

This is the second time that I had to make a claim with Shannons and I still keep my no claim.
Their staff and service is awesome they paid out fast

Car ModelHarley Davidson
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateApril 2020
kym.b.wilson

kym.b.wilsonGippsland, VIC

Very happy with my shannons claim

We have been with shannons for over 15 years. Recently I made my first insurance claim ever. Shannon's were brilliant, they didn't need lots of paper work or ask lots of questions. They suggested a repairer close by, but said I could get a quote from our regular repairer if I wanted. The claim was very easy and fast and the time for the work to be arranged and completed was amazing! They suggested I use windscreens Obrien but also said I could use another windscreen provider if I chose. It took less than 3 weeks from my first phone call to shannons to having my car returned repaired.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

More damages to my car and lied

These people are dishonest, lies thru their teeth, I bought my car back from them because it’s not viable to fix but I got my car back with more damages and no longer drivable (broke my gear shifter), and they wouldn’t reduce the price or fix it. Passed me around different people who tells me different things.

Claim ApprovedYes

Unbelievably rude and would not give me a quote on a modified car I was looking to buy

I asked for a quote for buying a modified car and because I didn't go to car shows and have a suped up modified car already, I wasn't an acceptable person who fit their model to get a quote from them. Couldn't believe they refused to give me a quote! What company refuses business just because I don't have the car they think I should have now? Still shaking my head in wonder of the rudeness and dismissal I was given.

Car ModelHyundai i30
Peter M

Peter MBelconnen 2615, ACT

Terrible customer service

Lost a car in the recent ACT hail event. Shannon’s very extremely efficient in collecting the excess payment from me however not a single phone call or update was given after that time. No hire car, no assistance provided inspite of having comprehensive insurance. I will never deal with Shannon’s again. 5 weeks on, still nothing.

Claim ApprovedNo
Helen C.

Helen C.Far North Queensland, QLD

Lost me on my first call for a quote.

Not a fan of Shannons from the start.
When I rang for a quote for my new scooter I felt like I was put through the wringer and spat out. The questions where more intense and personal than any of the other insurance companies I had rung that morning. Not to mention the conversation took a long 20 minute. At the end of this service they gave me a quote of over double the price of the other quotes I had. Oh, I have to say that Shannons were friendly (or over friendly) to the stage of after 20 minutes I was praying this conversation would be over soon.

Car Modelscooter

John R

John RIllawarra, NSW

Loss my 71 Valiant in bushfires Dec 19 Shannon's dealt with claim very quickly and efficiently and all by phone They also looked after numerous friends who lost everything ie house extremely well thank you

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
geoff w

geoff w

great service,totally drama free claim

recently made a claim for a motorcycle that my son had an accident on (total loss) and the process was great. claim paid out including riding gear and helmet within ten days.

Insurance TypeComprehensive, Compulsory Third Party and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Car Modeltriumph
Jim

JimADELAIDE

Disgusting

Absolute disgusting service.
I had a vintage bike accident nearly 8 months ago. Shannon's being useless and unreliable as the worst of them.
Ombudsman had to be contacted, even they were amazed at how bad Shannon's are. Pbuh.

Austin P.