Shannons Comprehensive Car Insurance

Shannons Comprehensive Car Insurance

They are dishonest won't pay up called me a lier

Cyclone Debbie Bowen , ran over concrete broke gearbox, shannons paid to have gearbox out so mechanic could quote
machanic explained. to shannons assor gear cogs split into 3 pieces because of smash sent photos etc, they refused to pay said it was mechanical, and I was lying Took legal advice not worth it, shannons is cheaper but what's the point if they don't pay.?

Insurance TypeVeteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle

Sleaf1

Sleaf1Brisbane

Claimed with no problems. Prompt and efficient.

My vintage car caught fire. Claim was processed quickly and efficiently. Communication excellent and painless. Claim settled with no hassles. Would strongly recommend. Wish all car insurance claims were that painless.

Car Model1975 VW Beetle
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Worthy1

Worthy1Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Shannons is not what it used to be

Car Modelcommodore vk
scott

scottGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good.

Been with them for many years now. I have imports and they have been good to me. I recently went with them for home insurance with them as well. I made one claim which was handled quickly. I know a bloke who made a house claim and said they went above and beyond so that's why I thought I'd give them a shot.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Angela

AngelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Enthusiast bullies

13 weeks and my claim is still going. Claim has been passed to 3 assessors so far. Absolute joke. They don't care about you or your car. Disgraceful customer service. Every person l spoke to were all indicative of hostility and bullying. Have 2 cars, 3 motorbikes a truck and home and contents with them. Thousands of dollars paid every year for almost 20 years and your reward for being a loyal customer...zero, nothing.

Claim DateJuly 2019

SimonDigby

SimonDigbyWestern Australia

Hopeless, rude and totally ineffective.

Claim DateNovember 2017

Shellz

ShellzNorth Queensland, QLD

Shannon’s Car Insurance “Where the car & the customer comes last”..lodge complaints with AFCA

After having a minor accident & having nothing but problems with Shannon’s bullying & condescending assessor & crap internal complaints process at Shannon’s/AAI...I suggest that you lodge an internal complaint, however also lodge a complaint with AFCA as they at least try to help & the more people that lodge complaints about this insurer the more hope that all of us have of getting a fair outcome in the long run. The AFCA Complaints process is fairly simple & until the government has records of these unscrupulous insurers nothing will ever change.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Car Enthusiasts ..... They wouldn’t know the meaning

Car Model1934

Stanislas B.

Stanislas B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Adelaide. Won't insure my Sportster on my driveway with cover, immobiliser, alarm, and lock

Guy on the phone was amazing and obviously not his fault but...
Too risky to insure me. I live in Eastern suburb
I was able to insure my bikes 5 years in London in the same conditions but Adelaide is too risky guys.
In other terms, they will only insure you if they know they can guarantee never have to give you any money.
People lie about their garaged addresses, and I know why now. Transparency doesn't always pay off
Shame on you Shannons. Claiming to be the insurance for the petrol heads
My bike has been in this spot for a year without insurance and will stay like that. Saves me money

Reviews say it all

SHANNONS INSURANCE.. do not pay out.. they will find any loop hole not to pay.. they do not care about your classic car.. all they worry about is getting your money.. Absolute Scammers

Kay Fenyk

Kay FenykCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Shannon’s Car Insurance.

Recently we decided to change our car insurance policies. After hearing great reports about Shannon’s, I called them. The young gentleman was so very helpful, and after answering all of his questions, he provided me with some quotes. This young man was very pleasant, and at the completion of the call, e-mailed the quotes to me. I was very pleased with this service and we have since gone ahead with these quotes.

Car ModelHolden Cruze

Davidf57

Davidf57Sydney, NSW

Never used them for a few reasons.

When I called them to get a quote for a collectible Ducati bevel drive ( I called them over a few years to give them the benefit of the doubt), I was asked if it was garaged under lock and key. It is a locked community garage I said, the bike has lived there for 16 years at the time, with no problems. I ride it very little, about 500km a year, so little risk I would have thought. On all four occasions they refused to insure it for the reason of the community garage in a block of units. It has never been insured since that time. No claim, no money paid out. So I'm ahead for sure, thanks Shannons, you did me a favour by refusing to insure the bike!

Chloebradleycooper

ChloebradleycooperMoruya

Exceptional! I would not insure with anyone else! Shannons is the BEST!

We have had nothing but the best customer service from Shannons! Starting with their quoting, the staff are very helpful and friendly. I believe they’re looking to insure car enthusiasts, which we are. In the fourteen years of cover we have made several claims and one write off! They have always been fantastic to deal with!
Our two sons are also insured by Shannons, my husband was back-ended on Thursday in my sons car and they have already booked his car in for repair on Monday.... Brilliant! Thanks Shannons

Car ModelSubaru Impreza G4
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Protection for my pride and joy pffff more like protecting your money and refusing to pay

Flew back to Australia from holiday, airline lost my bags and smashed my camera equipment. Shannon’s said they will cover but a month later I’m under financial investigation and demanded to show 3 years of tax returns and bank statements. For what, my bags being destroyed by someone else. What a joke.

Claim DateMay 2019

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

You do not get choice of repairer

Ric

RicSydney, NSW

phone to get a quote

really arrogant customer service, the guy said "No NO NO if you are not a car enthusiast forget it" before i said I wanna insure a Ferrari for my mum, too bad i go somewhere else.

Car ModelBentley Continental GT W12
Claim MadeNo

Only for SPECIAL people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the tone of the first words that came from the telephone salespersons mouth I knew I was in for a treat!! He asked me all about my car interests and how many other cars I own, how many car clubs I belong to, how many times I frequent car events etc etc etc Then asked why i had bought the car I had and not a Australian one, I felt like I was being interviewed for a job rather than being a potential customer for car insurance. Put the phone down from Shannons and called another company and had my insurance sorted within 10 mins no dramas. Thanks for wasting my time Shannons i now have my car insured with one of your competitors.

Daryl

DarylSouth East Queensland, QLD

Read the fine print on agreed value

HI
Got my renewal for my harley and my car both insured with agreed value to which i pay extra on my policy, anyway my agreed value has dropped $800.00 for my bike and car by $452.00 so that a loss of value of $1282.00 including my renewal which went up by $30.00 oh and no claims during this period.

Look at the fine print i was told they have the right to change prices according to market value, so why did i pay extra for agreed value, its all crap they are no better that all the rest,

Will be looking around for someone who doesn't lie, so over this company

Car Modelgw