Kevin D.

Kevin D.Sydney, NSW

Does what it says (great) but is only as good as the data supplied

Ive 2 accounts, CMC and IB, CMC data has not missed a beat in 3 years. Check the corp actions but its easy to fix. IB data has transactions regularly missing - not Sharesight prob but IB problem - IB is notorious for slack support so be aware if using IB (your gonna be doing a bit of checking and fixing).

Glenn M.

Glenn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, easy, accurate and reliable tracking. A core tool in managing my investments. Whilst I 'could' do this with spreadsheets I'd always be asking 'did I miss anything?'. Love it!

Gordon L.

Gordon L.South East Queensland, QLD

Does not connect to cmc markets account

Has api connection issues with cmc markets account. Have to wait days for help on sharesight web site. I would never pay for something like this. Tried over and over again to fix issue including revoking api connection. no luck.

Find out how Sharesight compares to other Online Forex / Share Trading Services

Must have software if you are into shares.

I hadn't kept accurate records for my share purchases & some sales I made in the last financial year & was looking with dread toward tax time due to having to work out Capital gains.
I needn't have worried. The option to import all my transactions from my Stock broking accounts & automatically work out Capital gains for my return is just quite astounding & saved me so much time & heartache.

Richard

Richard

Avoid.. Very poor response to problems

I paid my sub on the 4th September via OSKA. It was sent.
Since then a couple of emails telling me it was not paid.
I responded telling them it was.
Today, 2 weeks later, the account is locked for failure to pay.
Seemingly can not be bothered to check details.
Or use phone.
Does not really matter really as getting the link going between bank and this shower has been a nightmare.. For some reason, share data can not be "moved" across", despite being represented by electrons, because it does not contain historical data...
Heads up .. Chess does not hold that so what sort of dumb excuse is this??

The take away for all this.. Not worth the hassle.
Avoid them. I am now demanding a refund.

Pottering11

Pottering11Perth, WA

Awesome portfolio management solution

Jan

JanToowoomba

Revolutionary time saving software

I don't often write product reviews because of limited time, but Sharesight has saved me so much time in the last two years, that it is deserving of a few minutes now to rave of its virtues! Recording dividends now is just a quick click of a button once a month, trades take only a few seconds longer, tax time a breeze as I download the report in a few minutes and email off to my accountant. Goodbye Excel.
Sharesight's only risk is being an on-line program, so I do save reports, but live pricing is such a useful tool it's worth it.
Applause for the writers of this program ... simple to use, hugely time saving, and keeps me current with whats happening with my portfolio at a glance. Very well done!

Awesome tracking system

I have been using ShareSight for a year or so now, after using a spreadsheet for years. I ended up with the highest level subscription as I really needed all the best features that are offered. I was hesitant at first to trust all my data being only kept online, but have found ways to back up (just in case). New features have been added since I started using SS, and they regularly offer educational webinars on the features of the software.

Johnnymac

JohnnymacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too Limited for single retired user

I think that the Free version stocks limit is too low. Many retired users like myself would have a larger portfolio than is provided for free. I am happy with the single portfolio limit but I think the stocks limit should be double what is offered for the free account

Excellent portfolio management tool

I have used Sharesight for a few years now and it has been excellent and constantly getting better. Great value for money, tightly integrated with the markets and assets trades, excellent reporting. Highly recommended.

MelbMatt

MelbMattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a bad tool to help you ditch the spreadsheet

Have some excellent features such as dividend tracking, reporting and future income reporting.

Accepts most broker trade confirmation emails, i.e. CommSec and Stake, to auto import data which makes keeping your portfolio on Sharesight up to date easy.

They don't currently support popular Micro Investing services such as Raiz and Spaceship which is really the only detractor for me, having support for fintech's would help me, and others I'm sure, keep track of their investments on the one platform.

Overall substantial value for money for a tool that helps you get rid of your spreadsheet and helps simplify keeping track of your investment portfolio.

Anthony

AnthonyVictoria

Trust Distribution amount not appearing in Taxable Income Report

With SYD (Sydney Airport) distributions, the Taxable Income Report does not appear to classify the distributions in the correct financial year. Changing the ex-date advised by the support team does not remedy this.

markymark18

markymark18Sydney, NSW

Brilliant software solution

Was previously a user of Quicken for over 20 years and thought I'd give the free Sharesight tool a try. After dabbling with Sharesight for a few weeks I could see straight away how powerful and time saving the software is.

So I have now made the switch across to the Sharesight with Xero integration replacing Quicken and love it. Preparing my end of year data for tax is a breeze, pretty much a couple of reports to send off to the accountant.

The ability to record data by different portfolios allows me to manage both my Super account and personal data with the one subscription.

Have even added property data to it which enables a complete view of assets held and the ability to compare their performance.

Fantastic innovative product.

Richard Topham

Richard TophamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The perfect record keeping system for the personal investor

I've been around financial markets all my working life. In retirement I manage my own funds. So far as I am concerned Sharesight offers all the support I need to make proper decisions and provides all the reports my accountant needs once a year.

Allison

AllisonTasmania

great!

I love using Sharesight to get valuable insights into our portfolio performance. Any further ways Sharesight can work with Selfwealth would be greatly appreciated. We heard of Sharesight through the Aussie Firebug blog/podcast and have never regretted the decision to sign up. Well done!

NicoleH

NicoleHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent tool for tracking performance

I started as a novice share trader a couple of years ago, and with more exposure am increasingly confident in my trades, resulting in more trades each year. What I'm not good at is tax returns. I configured the auto download / data import function last year and forgot all about it. Imagine my delight when I "rediscovered" Sharesight reporting this year. I was able to review all transactions, and report performance and tax obligations for my accountant. Now I have a baseline for future years, no more pesky excel spreadsheets. I have needed customer support once. Response via email took a couple of days, but was spot on. I have now set this up for my elderly father who manages our SMSF.

Review collected in partnership with Sharesight

dkl

dklGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ok but declining speed

The accounting system is good as is the ease in which you can track share performance etc. But lately logging in can be slow and difficult and scrolling on the app often sticks or hangs. Been with Sharesight for over a year but might start looking at other platforms.

Rugby

Rugby

No Other Way

There are so many investors out there that I read about who are trying to keep an up to date record of their investments on Excell and really that is far too time consuming and leads to inaccuracies. Do yourself a favour and test Sharesight

Terrible customer support

Very poor customer experience with their support. Staff member wasn't up to speed with the details of their pro plan offering vs retail expert plan, changed me over to pro to find out my IB integration couldn't work on a pro plan......yet their retail expert plan IB integration does work but their NZ plan won't handle more than 4 portfolios, but the Australian equivalent plan will handle 5 - go figure! Very cost effective offering so I guess you get what you pay for in terms of lack of flexibility and level of support.

John P

John PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good customer service

I had a query on the setup of groups. I did not understand why certain things were happening. The customer service was good and answered my questions, I love the app and it helps heaps with my tax returns.

Prashant M.Sharesight

Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning our support team. Also, many thanks for mentioning our tax features.

Review collected in partnership with Sharesight