Sharesight
See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sharesight

Crocodile
CrocodileAU

The mobile app is a major let down

While I find the web interface to be good, and probably the best in its class for the Australia market, I could not believe how poor their mobile app is, if you could even call what they got an mobile app! What concerns me is this may be a sign that the company is lacking a strategy for the mobile platform, which can be a sign that the company is lost its plot and may not survive in the medium-long run. This is the reason I am hesitating to use their paid plans.

Michael D
Michael D

Not automated and terrible service

Wasn't able to import trades from Interactive Brokers despite it being billed as an automated connection. I spent more than an hour trying to import, read multiple help pages and followed along on a video. Hardly automated.

After all that it was missing several stocks that I owned so I couldn't proceed, and no response from customer service after nearly a week of waiting. I was very excited to use the service but it's quite hopeless.

Simon W.
Simon W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They send invoice to people dont use their service

Tried sharesight's free service through CMC market in 2020. Only tried it out for 5 minutes and stoped using it as I found out I need to mannually enter every trade. On the 22nd October 2021, I got an invoice from Sharesight billing me for the period from 29/10/2021 to 28/11/2021 and asking me to provide my credit card details. When I try to log in their website to see what's going on and try to cancel my account I found out I cannot log in and my account doesnt exit anymore. a bit money hungry isnt it? Almost feels like a scam.

Hi Simon

Sorry, you had to go through this. Have you checked the email account with which you signed up?

Jessica
JessicaNew South Wales

Perfect way to keep track of SMSF investments

ShareSight has been perfect for keeping track of the shares/etfs/funds in my self-managed super fund. Things like printing a report for capital gains tax are a breeze. I also have some privately invested money and have linked the two portfolios in ShareSight. Highly recommend it.

Jordan H.
Jordan H.Sydney, NSW

CSV import is broken. Then was charged 2x and had to jump through hoops for a refund.

Joann R.
Joann R.Perth, WA

My spreadsheet does a better job

I signed up so I could keep better track of my shares performance found that I could not use it because of the limitations on how to allocate sell trades and calculate capital gains. I have always bought and sold in parcels to make it simple at tax time. Although I found a way around this by entering the sale trades manually, it could not calculate the capital gains correctly and keep track of the cost base on my parcels of shares.

Daryl M.
Daryl M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

keep track made easy

I was forever updating spread sheets to keep up with the multiple apps etc. I was using. after a little bit of setting up (thanks google) 90% of them are automated and updating themselves. this includes stocks and some crypto across 5 apps. further more it has made all my taxes so easy with a simple print of the report.
would recommend to everyone.
it is free to use up to 10 holdings but once you have used for several months you'll want to upgrade for the extra holdings and features (this fee is also tax deductible)
Referral below for a 10% discount (full disclosure, I get a discount when I renew as well)
[Link Removed]

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Yes it's me
Yes it's meMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

scrap the spreadsheet

Once you have input (or imported) your holdings, this application makes it so much easier to keep track of, manage, and generate reports - including taxation. And for up to 10 holdings, it's free.

And it just works... Beautifully. Which is something rare in the software world these days.

Kevin D.
Kevin D.Sydney, NSW

Does what it says (great) but is only as good as the data supplied

Ive 2 accounts, CMC and IB, CMC data has not missed a beat in 3 years. Check the corp actions but its easy to fix. IB data has transactions regularly missing - not Sharesight prob but IB problem - IB is notorious for slack support so be aware if using IB (your gonna be doing a bit of checking and fixing).

Glenn M.
Glenn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, easy, accurate and reliable tracking. A core tool in managing my investments. Whilst I 'could' do this with spreadsheets I'd always be asking 'did I miss anything?'. Love it!

Gordon L.
Gordon L.South East Queensland, QLD

Does not connect to cmc markets account

Has api connection issues with cmc markets account. Have to wait days for help on sharesight web site. I would never pay for something like this. Tried over and over again to fix issue including revoking api connection. no luck.

Prashant M.SharesightSend a private message

Must have software if you are into shares.

I hadn't kept accurate records for my share purchases & some sales I made in the last financial year & was looking with dread toward tax time due to having to work out Capital gains.
I needn't have worried. The option to import all my transactions from my Stock broking accounts & automatically work out Capital gains for my return is just quite astounding & saved me so much time & heartache.

Richard
Richard

Avoid.. Very poor response to problems

I paid my sub on the 4th September via OSKA. It was sent.
Since then a couple of emails telling me it was not paid.
I responded telling them it was.
Today, 2 weeks later, the account is locked for failure to pay.
Seemingly can not be bothered to check details.
Or use phone.
Does not really matter really as getting the link going between bank and this shower has been a nightmare.. For some reason, share data can not be "moved" across", despite being represented by electrons, because it does not contain historical data...
Heads up .. Chess does not hold that so what sort of dumb excuse is this??

The take away for all this.. Not worth the hassle.
Avoid them. I am now demanding a refund.

Pottering11
Pottering11Perth, WA

Awesome portfolio management solution

Jan
JanToowoomba

Revolutionary time saving software

I don't often write product reviews because of limited time, but Sharesight has saved me so much time in the last two years, that it is deserving of a few minutes now to rave of its virtues! Recording dividends now is just a quick click of a button once a month, trades take only a few seconds longer, tax time a breeze as I download the report in a few minutes and email off to my accountant. Goodbye Excel.
Sharesight's only risk is being an on-line program, so I do save reports, but live pricing is such a useful tool it's worth it.
Applause for the writers of this program ... simple to use, hugely time saving, and keeps me current with whats happening with my portfolio at a glance. Very well done!