2Sharesight

4.3

137 reviews · Statistics

82% · 11219 · 14%

Rates and Fees
See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mr M.
Mr M.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Expensive, poor cancellation policies

- still charge for coming month even if you downgrade before start period.
- but will downgrade and delete portfolios effective immediately despite still charging you.

Check out navexa, good value and better user/customer experience.

David J.
David J.4 posts

Only for gamblers

Multiple issues over time
always slow customer service,or lazy email delaying tactics,suchas"are you still experiencing this issue"
I have not been able to use program for months as it wont update my trades
Useless for my purposes
Georgo
GeorgoNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW13 posts

If you know your way around MS Excel

.. or similar, you don't need Shareinsight. You might have to do a bit more work for it, but you won't have the heartaches and dramas some have had.
Damo
DamoWAPerth, WA9 posts

Need an IT degree to set up

Thought I'd try Sharesight after hearing about it through certain websites/bloggers etc.

After setting up an account, it was time to transfer everything over from Selfwealth (for my shares/ETF's) and Independent Reserve (Crypto).
Selfwealth transfer was complicated but doable, Independent Reserve on the other hand was impossible. Spent hours downloading CSV's, transferring over, then filling in fields etc, all for it to fail. Incredibly unintuitive and not user friendly. Their customer service is non existent as well.

Much easier to just log into whatever individual brokers you have and get all your info from there. Sharesight is pretty much useless.

KublaKhan
KublaKhanSydney7 posts

Bad Automation and Appalling Customer Service

I asked for service on the synchronisation of SS to Xero. Which costs an extra $180 per year. The answer was: yep all sorted. Except it wasn't. And they knew it. Customer service is judged by how brief it is. Customers are ignored. Awful. Overpriced.
Crocodile
CrocodileAU29 posts

The mobile app is a major let down

While I find the web interface to be good, and probably the best in its class for the Australia market, I could not believe how poor their mobile app is, if you could even call what they got an mobile app! What concerns me is this may be a sign that the company is lacking a strategy for the mobile platform, which can be a sign that the company is lost its plot and may not survive in the medium-long run. This is the reason I am hesitating to use their paid plans.
Michael D
Michael D2 posts

Not automated and terrible service

Wasn't able to import trades from Interactive Brokers despite it being billed as an automated connection. I spent more than an hour trying to import, read multiple help pages and followed along on a video. Hardly automated.

After all that it was missing several stocks that I owned so I couldn't proceed, and no response from customer service after nearly a week of waiting. I was very excited to use the service but it's quite hopeless.

Simon W.
Simon W.VICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They send invoice to people dont use their service

Tried sharesight's free service through CMC market in 2020. Only tried it out for 5 minutes and stoped using it as I found out I need to mannually enter every trade. On the 22nd October 2021, I got an invoice from Sharesight billing me for the period from 29/10/2021 to 28/11/2021 and asking me to provide my credit card details. When I try to log in their website to see what's going on and try to cancel my account I found out I cannot log in and my account doesnt exit anymore. a bit money hungry isnt it? Almost feels like a scam.
Sharesight   DM

Hi Simon Sorry, you had to go through this. Have you checked the email account with which you signed up?

Jessica
JessicaNew South Wales

Perfect way to keep track of SMSF investments

ShareSight has been perfect for keeping track of the shares/etfs/funds in my self-managed super fund. Things like printing a report for capital gains tax are a breeze. I also have some privately invested money and have linked the two portfolios in ShareSight. Highly recommend it.
Jordan H.
Jordan H.NSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Joann R.
Joann R.WAPerth, WA

My spreadsheet does a better job

I signed up so I could keep better track of my shares performance found that I could not use it because of the limitations on how to allocate sell trades and calculate capital gains. I have always bought and sold in parcels to make it simple at tax time. Although I found a way around this by entering the sale trades manually, it could not calculate the capital gains correctly and keep track of the cost base on my parcels of shares.
Daryl M.
Daryl M.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA6 posts

keep track made easy

I was forever updating spread sheets to keep up with the multiple apps etc. I was using. after a little bit of setting up (thanks google) 90% of them are automated and updating themselves. this includes stocks and some crypto across 5 apps. further more it has made all my taxes so easy with a simple print of the report.
would recommend to everyone.
it is free to use up to 10 holdings but once you have used for several months you'll want to upgrade for the extra holdings and features (this fee is also tax deductible)
Referral below for a 10% discount (full disclosure, I get a discount when I renew as well)
[Link Removed]
Yes it's me
Yes it's meSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

scrap the spreadsheet

Once you have input (or imported) your holdings, this application makes it so much easier to keep track of, manage, and generate reports - including taxation. And for up to 10 holdings, it's free.

And it just works... Beautifully. Which is something rare in the software world these days.

Kevin D.
Kevin D.NSWSydney, NSW3 posts

Does what it says (great) but is only as good as the data supplied

Ive 2 accounts, CMC and IB, CMC data has not missed a beat in 3 years. Check the corp actions but its easy to fix. IB data has transactions regularly missing - not Sharesight prob but IB problem - IB is notorious for slack support so be aware if using IB (your gonna be doing a bit of checking and fixing). Show reply
Glenn M.
Glenn M.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Simple, easy, accurate and reliable tracking. A core tool in managing my investments. Whilst I 'could' do this with spreadsheets I'd always be asking 'did I miss anything?'. Love it! Show reply