Listing monitored by Sharesight

• Rates and Fees
Joann R.
Joann R.Perth, WA

My spreadsheet does a better job

I signed up so I could keep better track of my shares performance found that I could not use it because of the limitations on how to allocate sell trades and calculate capital gains. I have always bought and sold in parcels to make it simple at tax time. Although I found a way around this by entering the sale trades manually, it could not calculate the capital gains correctly and keep track of the cost base on my parcels of shares.

Daryl M.
Daryl M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

keep track made easy

I was forever updating spread sheets to keep up with the multiple apps etc. I was using. after a little bit of setting up (thanks google) 90% of them are automated and updating themselves. this includes stocks and some crypto across 5 apps. further more it has made all my taxes so easy with a simple print of the report.
would recommend to everyone.
it is free to use up to 10 holdings but once you have used for several months you'll want to upgrade for the extra holdings and features (this fee is also tax deductible)
Referral below for a 10% discount (full disclosure, I get a discount when I renew as well)
[Link Removed]

Rates and Fees
Yes it's me
Yes it's meMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

scrap the spreadsheet

Once you have input (or imported) your holdings, this application makes it so much easier to keep track of, manage, and generate reports - including taxation. And for up to 10 holdings, it's free.

And it just works... Beautifully. Which is something rare in the software world these days.

Kevin D.
Kevin D.Sydney, NSW

Does what it says (great) but is only as good as the data supplied

Ive 2 accounts, CMC and IB, CMC data has not missed a beat in 3 years. Check the corp actions but its easy to fix. IB data has transactions regularly missing - not Sharesight prob but IB problem - IB is notorious for slack support so be aware if using IB (your gonna be doing a bit of checking and fixing).

Glenn M.
Glenn M.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple, easy, accurate and reliable tracking. A core tool in managing my investments. Whilst I 'could' do this with spreadsheets I'd always be asking 'did I miss anything?'. Love it!

Prashant M.Sharesight

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Gordon L.
Gordon L.South East Queensland, QLD

Does not connect to cmc markets account

Has api connection issues with cmc markets account. Have to wait days for help on sharesight web site. I would never pay for something like this. Tried over and over again to fix issue including revoking api connection. no luck.

Prashant M.Sharesight

Must have software if you are into shares.

I hadn't kept accurate records for my share purchases & some sales I made in the last financial year & was looking with dread toward tax time due to having to work out Capital gains.
I needn't have worried. The option to import all my transactions from my Stock broking accounts & automatically work out Capital gains for my return is just quite astounding & saved me so much time & heartache.

Richard
Richard

Avoid.. Very poor response to problems

I paid my sub on the 4th September via OSKA. It was sent.
Since then a couple of emails telling me it was not paid.
I responded telling them it was.
Today, 2 weeks later, the account is locked for failure to pay.
Seemingly can not be bothered to check details.
Or use phone.
Does not really matter really as getting the link going between bank and this shower has been a nightmare.. For some reason, share data can not be "moved" across", despite being represented by electrons, because it does not contain historical data...
Heads up .. Chess does not hold that so what sort of dumb excuse is this??

The take away for all this.. Not worth the hassle.
Avoid them. I am now demanding a refund.

Pottering11
Pottering11Perth, WA

Awesome portfolio management solution

Jan
JanToowoomba

Revolutionary time saving software

I don't often write product reviews because of limited time, but Sharesight has saved me so much time in the last two years, that it is deserving of a few minutes now to rave of its virtues! Recording dividends now is just a quick click of a button once a month, trades take only a few seconds longer, tax time a breeze as I download the report in a few minutes and email off to my accountant. Goodbye Excel.
Sharesight's only risk is being an on-line program, so I do save reports, but live pricing is such a useful tool it's worth it.
Applause for the writers of this program ... simple to use, hugely time saving, and keeps me current with whats happening with my portfolio at a glance. Very well done!

Awesome tracking system

I have been using ShareSight for a year or so now, after using a spreadsheet for years. I ended up with the highest level subscription as I really needed all the best features that are offered. I was hesitant at first to trust all my data being only kept online, but have found ways to back up (just in case). New features have been added since I started using SS, and they regularly offer educational webinars on the features of the software.

Johnnymac
JohnnymacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too Limited for single retired user

I think that the Free version stocks limit is too low. Many retired users like myself would have a larger portfolio than is provided for free. I am happy with the single portfolio limit but I think the stocks limit should be double what is offered for the free account

Excellent portfolio management tool

I have used Sharesight for a few years now and it has been excellent and constantly getting better. Great value for money, tightly integrated with the markets and assets trades, excellent reporting. Highly recommended.

MelbMatt
MelbMattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not a bad tool to help you ditch the spreadsheet

Have some excellent features such as dividend tracking, reporting and future income reporting.

Accepts most broker trade confirmation emails, i.e. CommSec and Stake, to auto import data which makes keeping your portfolio on Sharesight up to date easy.

They don't currently support popular Micro Investing services such as Raiz and Spaceship which is really the only detractor for me, having support for fintech's would help me, and others I'm sure, keep track of their investments on the one platform.

Overall substantial value for money for a tool that helps you get rid of your spreadsheet and helps simplify keeping track of your investment portfolio.

Anthony
AnthonyVictoria

Trust Distribution amount not appearing in Taxable Income Report

With SYD (Sydney Airport) distributions, the Taxable Income Report does not appear to classify the distributions in the correct financial year. Changing the ex-date advised by the support team does not remedy this.

Read more reviews - page 2