Sharesight

User friendly and useful product

The website provides user friendly and functional share portfolio tracking data. Great for capital gains taxes, dividends and tracking the cost basis of shares. I would highly recommend this product for anyone with a share portfolio that needs help completing tax returns or tracking total returns.

Great website especially at tax time

I find this website very useful. In the past trying to gather all my tax information for my shares was a onerous task. Now with sharesight the information is clearly displayed on a report, all ready for my Accountant. I had a few teething problems trying to download my tax report but the staff are incredibly helpful and now I am a happy sharesight user.

Thank you for your kind words, Joco. We appreciate you taking the time to write this for us. Regards, Prashant

Makes tax time easy and easy to use.

We have been using sharesight for many years and love it. Tax time is easy and saves costs as we have all reports needed to complete. Day to day use is accurate and easy too. We recommend to everyone

Hi Magnum Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to write this recommendation for us. Regards, Prashant

Very user friendly

Great website. Clear intuitive instructions on working with the site. Very helpful having all the share/portfolio details on one page and great to be able to have many portfolios on the one website.

Hi Christine Thank you for taking the time to write this up for us. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. Regards, Prashant

This is great and seems to cover my needs

When the tool I used 8 years ago became inadequate I relied on excel worksheets and felt bit overwhelmed tracking over 25 years records. That is when I came across Sharesight and started taking advantage of the 14 day free trial and felt this will do me fine. I must say I couldn't wait and became the full member within couple of days. Support that I have received is very good and taken care of very promptly. I have already started recommending the tool. Great work team.

Hi Geetha Thank you for your kind words and also for your recommendations to your friends and family. We appreciate you taking the time to write this for us. Regards, Prashant

Record keeping complexity greatly simplified

I stumbled across Sharesight a couple of years ago. Wish I had found it much earlier as it has enormously simplified my record keeping. A very helpful section is Share Checker. I use this frequently when researching new stocks. It is a bit limited in the time periods eg. 2, 5, 10 years. Great customer service.

Hi Malcolm Thank you for your kind words. Our mission is to build the best possible portfolio tracker imaginable. We appreciate you taking the time to write this for us. Regards, Prashant

Very helpful tool

The site is easy to use and well featured. Despite the complexity it deals with, everything is accurate (almost). Email requests for help always receive a helpful reply.
Its way better than trying to use a spreadsheet. It makes end of financial year reporting of dividends and other tax requirements very easy.

Hi Bruce Thank you for your kind words. Our mission is to make Sharesight the best possible portfolio tracker imaginable. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this for us. Regards, Prashant

Great Help

Great help. I had some very old issues with entries regarding different scrips which were corporate actions like mergers, delisting etc. which were not being reflected in my portfolio. With your help I solved my issues with the portfolio adjustments. It helped me to calculate my gains/losses. It will help me lodge my tax returns.

Hi Peter Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to write down for us. Regards, Prashant

Very good customer service

I needed help to transfer assets to a different portfolio. Trity did this efficiently and patiently thus avoiding the need to re-enter each asset. The Sharesight customer service has always been good and this was no different.

Hi John Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We have passed on your appreciation to our support team. They are a critical part of making Sharesight the best imaginable portfolio tracker possible! Regards, Prashant

Assistance with uploading a new stock

Thankyou Trity for uploading a new stock code into the Sharesight system so efficiently. Appreciate your efforts and keeping me up to date with the process to enable to see the performance of the stock.
Kind Regards,
John.

Ho John Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to write this down. We have passed on your appreciation to Trity. Regards, Prashant

I have now been using Sharesight for about 1 year. I find it extremely easy to transfer transactions, update my portfolio or even add portfolios. It saves me heaps of time to lodge tax returns. And every time I have had a query, it gets resolved very quickly and precisely.

Hi Serge Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review us here. We really appreciate it. Regards, Prashant

Absolutely excellent!

I was introduced to Sharesight only recently and I love it! It’s excellent for portfolio performance monitoring, for preparation of taxable income from dividends at tax time, and for calculations of realised and unrealised capital gains. All of this happens automatically once you get your broker to email copies of all trades to Sharesight.
Although it’s excellent, I would acknowledge that it’s not completely perfect. Two examples are: I hold shares in one smaller company that paid a dividend franked at a 27.5% tax rate, but Sharesight assumes a uniform 30% tax rate. And secondly I hold shares in Resmed that pays dividends in USD; Sharesight utilises FX rates that are not the actual rates applied by the company when they credit the dividends to my Australian bank account. But despite these small imperfections I’m still rating the product 5 star, it’s so great in every other respect!

Hi John Thank you so much for your kind words. We keep striving to be the best possible portfolio tracker imaginable. We're working to improve on every aspect of the product, so your feedback is invaluable. Regards, Prashant

Very useful

Using a free account as my shareholding is very small and I afford a monthly subscription. I find Sharesight really useful as a place to view my holdings together. With better support for automatic updates for Sharesies purchases, it will be even better.

Hi Carren Thank you for the review. Yes, we are working on the Sharesies update, will be here soon. Regards, Prashant

Excellent facility and one upon which I have become dependant for portfolio management

I have been using Sharesight for around 7 years and find it an excellent means of managing our family investment portfolio. At any time when I have encountered a problem the response / remedy has been swift and effective. I access the site daily and have become dependent on it as a management tool.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. Our vision is to make Sharesight the best portfolio management tool imaginable for investors. Regards, Prashant

Great tool for managing investments.

Sharesight is a superb program for managing investments, particularity equities but also cash and investment funds. It links directly to your online broker and automatically populates buys, sells and dividends. A full suite of reports caps it off. Sharesight support is also top rate.

Hi Paz Thank you for these words. We couldn't have said it better than this. Really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Regards, Prashant

Great for tracking your portfolio

Sharesight is a great way to track your stocks (Australian and global). It identifies any upcoming dividends and payments (which can be difficult with overseas shares) and the support is very responsive and first class. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Thank you for your kind words, Iggy. Really appreciate it! Regards, Prashant

Just hope the website doesn't go down!

The website is sometimes down and there is no way to contact them to get help. There is no phone number! It is SAAS software, so you are pretty stuffed when this happens. You have no way of seeing your shares. Service support is poor and argumentative when you do ask questions. Do not recommend.

Hi John Sorry to know that you were impacted by a potential downtime and couldn't contact our support. We had a slowdown in our servers for 30 min yesterday. Please let us know if your issue has not been resolved yet. We want to make Sharesight the best portfolio tracker imaginable. Regards, Prashant

Excellent method of managing a share portfolio and saving on accounting costs

I have been using Sharesight for around 3 years and found it to be hugely useful in managing the share portfolio.
The only issue I have with it is that it sometimes doesn't input the correct dividend and witholding tax figures for Australian held shares.

Hi David Thank you for your kind words. Our vision is to make Sharesight the best possible portfolio tracker imaginable. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us this review. Regards Team at Sharesight

Great Service and Platform

The Sharesight system is a great platform for monitoring investment performance and dividend tracking. If any help is required the staff are very responsive. Transferring stocks between portfolios is available and is handled by the team internally.

Hi Steve Thank you for your kind words :). Regards, Prashant

Great help

Sharesight was really quick to assist. They helped by merging a portfolio for us and emailed me back to let me know it was done. What could have taken me hours, took only a quick reach out via the help option and everything was done.

Thank you for the kind words, Helen. Regards, Prashant

I am computer illiterate. I need assistance to access whatever information your organisation has of mine. I need someone to read this question who does not laugh at me. Victor Batten phone 0402229587
Hi Victor Can you please send an email with your query to support@sharesight.com, and one of our friendly support team will respond to your query. Regards, Prashant

I have asked many times for someone to tell me how I can get into MY part of Sharesight. My name is Victor Batten. [details removed] My investing organ is Lomray P/L. Maybe the usual ignoring of me will change?
Did a human read what I wasted time writing?Hi Victor Sorry you had to wait to get this answer. There was a glitch on product review because of which we didn't receive any notifications. Can you please send an email to support@sharesight.com. All your details were stripped off by Product review so we don't have it to track down your details. Thanks and regards, Prashant