SJXE624FSL, SJXE676FSL

• Internal Layout

Bad quality Stainless Steel facade subject to rust

Sharii D.South East Queensland, QLD

Extremely noisy, died a few months past the 2 year warranty

Crisper-lid broke within weeks, Sharp replaced it. Lots of "clunks/rattles/running-water" noises (no ice or water function). 4 nights ago several LOUD clunks/rattles. Later realised food was warm. Seeking remedy via-GoodGuysConcierge.

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $2,382.00.

rod danks

rod danksGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

door open interferes with tv

when you open fridge door and light comes on we lose signal to the tv and signal returns when door is closed we have changed power points to try also fridge and tv on separate different electrical circuit

Purchased for $1,800.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Sharp French Door SJXE Series (Inverter) compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

James

JamesVictoria

Not bad

Normally I would deduct a star for each major issue, but given there are very few fridges in this niche and I can live with the issues, I’m adding back a star.

1. No butter compartment. Huh???
2. Poor lighting. All the lights are at the back which doesn’t exactly work with a full fridge.
3. It very rarely reaches the temperature you set it at. You have to set it really low to stop it being unreasonably warm, but then some food starts freezing :/

John

JohnPerth, WA

Noisy fridge.

The design, internally and externally, is very pleasing and it fits into a more confined space than a majority of similar capacity fridges.
For a modern fridge this is annoyingly noisy. I know that operating noises are declared in the fault finding section but these seem to be excessive with some, very noticeable noises, going on for over an hour, I even have to switch the fridge off and on to stop them. Weird in an era of high technology products. The doors seem to attract dents without any help. We are a couple in our 70's so we know it's not kids. Some of the internal departments don't fit very well, eg. the egg box.
Somewhat disappointed in this fridge.

Purchased in August 2018 at Fridge & Washer City Joondalup for $1,850.00.

Alex

AlexMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good fridge, crappy accessories

All of the inserts are made of this brittle, crappy, cheap plastic that cracks.
When you ring up their customer care number they refuse to replace them (within warranty mind you) and send you a price list. ^%$#^&**&%^%$ I say. I've lost two door inserts within 2 years.
Make a fridge with parts that don't crack with normal use for crying out loud. And back your customers up with decent service.

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,555.00.

Household Size4 person(s)

CHANDRABridgeman Downs

CURRENTLY TRYING TO GET IT FIXED

PURCHASED THIS REFRIGERATOR MID WAY 2017. HAS STOPPED COOLING A FEW DAYS AGO. SIX MONTH AFTER THE WARRANTY EXPIRED. HAVE GOT IN A TECHNICAL BLOKE TO LOOK AT IT. AFTER AN INITIAL INSPECTION , I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT ITS LIKELY THAT THE FREEZER FAN MOTOR HAS CEASED. SO THE TECHNICIAN WILL PROCURE FAN AND INSTALL BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE'S O GUARANTEES A NEW FAN WILL FIX THE PROBLEM. WILL SEE . LITTLE ASSISTANCE OFFERED FROM THE SELLER OR SA SO FAR.

Purchased in July 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,766.00.

Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Constant noise

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Noise Level
Tom

TomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect Fridge,Freezer for couple (NOT for family)

We downsized from separate fridge and separate freezer to this Sharp model as there are only two of us in the house, Perfect size, so far excellent only been 11 months NO issues at all, apart from the top shelf not high enough for some items,everything else is perfect, keeps all fruit and veg. fresh and crispy, all settings are very easy to workout.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,560.00.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience your feedback has been logged.

Dents in the doors

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Cate

CateWestern Australia

i never knew our old fridge was so ordinary

Things i love about this fridge.
I can put large platers in. the double doors is the best design for economy and ease. The ice maker is sooooo easy, elegant and takes up little room and i can take out half in winter. Good quality draws. Great having two door freezer with draws down the bottom. (the best design!) THEY GOT IT RIGHT!!! love this fridge. Quiet too......so i dont know what the other reviewers are experiencing......

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Cate, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers. Have a good day.

JC1978

JC1978BENTLEIGH EAST

What a great Fridge

brought from the good guy last year.
it is quiet
it comes with four doors and makes it so much easier to get food in and out from the fridge.
the overall build quality is good, actually it is better than many other more expensive fridge.
the internal design is so thoughtful, for example it comes with LED light and it automatically turn on when I open fridge doors.
Really really really love this fridge and I would definitely buy it again next time.
Well Done Sharp

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear JC1978, Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It is always great to get feedback from customers.

Very noisy

Have just bought this fridge & can't stand the loud noise it goes from a loud hum to constantly running it only stops when the doors are opened. We've never had a fridge this noisy. I turn up the TV at night so I can't hear it.
We bought this model because of the stylish look and solid shelves but I wish they had fridges turned on in the shops so you can hear the motor running before purchasing.

H & S

H & S

Practicality

Love the freezer separate sections and like the draws in fridge although there is an extra cold draw which does freeze the bottom of some foods
The only problem I find is the fridge Is a little deceptive with the space ; it’s quite small not deep enough for jugs to stand up or accommodate large casserole or salad bowls
There is a taller one if I had seen the alternative I would have bought instead for e tra fridge space as had the room

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. If you need any assistance, please feel free to email us your contacts details at ccare@sharp.net.au, or by phone on 1300 135 022.

KW511Melbourne

Constant fan noise

Sharp A.Sharp

Dear customer, thank you for the time in providing feedback. We will pass it on to the product managers for their review.

StevePerth

Interesting Problem

I today received the Sharp SJXE624FSL that i purchase from The Good Guys. Seems to run quiet, temp control good, but one interesting thing happens when either fridge door is opened and the light comes on. Our TV loses signal and once the fridge doors are closed the signal returns to the TV. Wondering if there is a fault that only happens when the doors or lights are on. Will be contacting Sharp tomorrow.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Steve, Thank you for your time in providing feedback. If you could please send your contact details through email to ccare@sharp.net.au, our customer care team will assist you accordingly.

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Steve, Happy to hear this seems to have resolved itself. I've been in touch with Customer Care - they will contact you to follow up to provide some additional detail related to your case.

Prasad

PrasadPOINT COOK

Quite Good

We recently purchased SJXE624FSL fridge from Good Guys. Quite happy with overall space and performance. However have following concerns:
1. Top front doors are misaligned and I could not get them to align. I could get the bottom ones in alignment though.
2. Compressor/fan seem to run all the time (May be that is a feature of Inverter fridge??). Also I would have loved for compressor to make less sound (My 10 year old LG that this one replaced used to be almost silent)

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Cal

CalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect fridge

This French door fridge is brilliant. Loads of space as the shelving adjusts and the freezer part isn’t one big bucket like most , it has shelves and is so much better to access. Integrated handles are the big design winner (rather than ones that stick out) . It’s quiet and looks great.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Cal, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. It is great that you enjoy using the refrigerator. Have a lovely day.

Ku den

Ku denMelbourne

Can't find any bad thing about this

This fridge is unbelievable. The design of the fridge is just perfect. Veggie compartment holds the veggie for a very long time without them going off. The shelving are easy to move how you like it. Our friends saw this fridge and went out bought one the next month. Can't find any fault about it.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Sharp A.Sharp

Dear Customer, thank you for your purchase and review of the product. It is great that you enjoy using the refrigerator. Have a lovely day.

Nanny Cat

Nanny CatIllawarra, NSW

Great fridge.

I am really happy with my recent purchase of this fridge. I had read it was noisy, however I haven’t found this at all. It is well set out, easy to see everything in the fridge. I did find the 3 degree setting a little too cold, so I have turned it up to 4 degrees to see how that is. The lighting in the fridge is great too. I do however, wish there were some lights in the freezer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ally B.

Ally B.asked

624L French Door SJXE624FSL

Does anyone find their fridge is really hot at the back... the gas canisters part I particular. Is too hot to even touch for more than a second. Is this normal? I just worry about fire risk!! I haven’t had the fridge from new, it was in a house we purchased so don’t know if it’s always been like this.

Sharii D.

Yes mine used to get very hot and was very loud. Then it started making really loud clunk noises before it just stopped working. Ended up having to replace it.

Bharat A.

Bharat A.asked

624L French Door SJXE624FSL

Could you please share refrigerator compressor warranty details. Thank

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Answer is in their website

CHANDRAasked

624L French Door SJXE624FSL

I bought it about three years ago , the fridge stopped cooling the top compartment today. Two bottom freezer compartments, are ok . Motor is running , no problems with power. What could be wrong?

Sharp A.Sharp

Hi Chandra, you can turn off the unit for 24 hours and switch it back on. If this does not resolve the issue we recommend contact a Sharp approved service centre near you for assistance. https://www.sharp.net.au/support/customer-support/service-centre-locator

CHANDRA

Thanks for your advice . The unit is off , fan has been taken out and awaiting replacement Freezer Motor Fan , that is what I have been told ( by repairers that I I engaged and i thought were very prompt in diagnosing and fixing such problems ) could be the problem. I have also been told that there are no guarantees that once the fan is replaced , the fridge is going to work or not. Initially I was told it is the sensor was the problem , then I was told it is the FAN . I am not sure what is next . I have taken the matter up with the company that I engaged to diagnose and fix the problem. That is another matter that I am pursuing apart from getting the refrigerator back on line that has been off for more than 10 days.
I went and saw Good Guys where I bought the unit from . They are of no help at all although it is only seven months outside the warranty period. They told me to contact SA. When I contacted the nearest Sharp Service provider that is listed on their site , they said that they no longer service Sharp Equipment. And Then I rang the next nearest , which is about 85 km from my place, they said they don't go that far. And Sharp Australia, who I have been trying to contact through their wed site, did ring me up once , with a promise to follow up by email, but I have found them to be little help if anything . I think GG sold me a lemon . And a repairer who so far has not identified the actual problem ... but one step at a time . I live in hope.

See all Sharp French Door SJXE Series (Inverter) questions

Get an answer from our members and Sharp representatives

Sharp French Door SJXE Series (Inverter)

Compare both Sharp French Door SJXE Series (Inverter)
CategoryFrench Door Fridges / RefrigeratorsFrench Door Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,599.00$2,899.00
Dimensions 1720 x 892 x 771 mm1830 x 892 x 771 mm
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice DispenserDisplay Panel, Door Alarm and Ice Dispenser
Colour / FinishHigh Gloss SteelHigh Gloss Steel
Capacity
Total Capacity 624 L676 L
Fridge Capacity 372 L424 L
Release dateOct 2012
Compare both Sharp French Door SJXE Series (Inverter)