Great builder

From the moment we walked into the display home entrance in Ballarat and were greeted by two of the friendliest and knowledgeable Simond’s employees (Yo and Brent) to the final inspection with our hardworking, dedicated and fantastic foreman (Paul McNamara), the whole building process went so much better than we ever expected.
Of course there are always little hiccups along the way, but to no fault of Simonds, but Paul was always straight onto it and sorted it all out. He made everything stress free for us.
We had a budget in mind, and we were able to build our house within that budget, with some upgrades.
We are extremely happy with Simonds and would highly recommend building with them.

Construction End DateDecember 2018

loved Simonds experience

great service, our site supervisor Paul is awesome, he kept us posted with pics and updates and was very thorough and went above and beyond, very happy , start to finish was a smooth and organised process, will definitely go with Simonds again, the staff in the office were also very quick and professional.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Harry, Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot! Glad you had a positive experience building with us. If you can, please do leave your job number so we can pass this on to the team. Regards.

Great service friendly

Jackie Justin Jamie are fantastic
Friendly and so helpful the best customer service we had our past experience of building
We would highly recommend your Service
Design quality is exelent

Build StagePost-Construction
Hi Gunnapana, Thanks so much for the positive feedback on our service and design! If you can let us know your job number, we'll ensure that the team hears your feedback. Regards.

Start of Journey to build a new house

I have been to several builders. Most builders are not flexible to customise plans. In May 2018, I went to Simonds display at Elara. Ly Wong was very helpful and explained well, a house plan to suit my block size. I was very impressed by Ly's knowledge. Following that Ly was extremely helpful to draw a draft plan of my house. Then my customer relation coordinator, Simone Butler has been very approachable. Any queries and emails are responded with in very short time.
I had my gallery appointment with Eliana Berkel- Gallery Consultant, Nelly Mitchell - Tile Design Consultant. With Eliana and Nelly's knowledge and experience, I am able to create a beautiful interior and exterior colours. So far I have an excellent experience.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Ravinder, Great to hear that your initial experience has been solid! If you can provide your job number so we can pass on the feedback internally that would be great. Regards

A smooth, hassle free experience

Simonds homes Traralgon was my first experience in building a house. Team was extremely good and reliable. The process from beginning to end was flawless. Excellent communication & honest opinions. It was even easier to handle while residing outside Australia. The house looks beautiful. Just exactly the way I wanted it to be. Aaron, can't thank you enough for all the guidance given from day one until I settled in. Highly appreciate it. Jodie I'm so greatful for your patience. Thx for tolerating me and supporting me to the end. Liegh you have done a great job supervising and completing it perfectly even before the due date. Also, Pam and katie, thank you both for your support.
Job no 56688

Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Construction End DateNovember 2018
Hi C DS, Thanks for the amazing feedback! We're so glad that you've had a positive build experience, and are happy with the quality and look of your new home. Thanks for leaving the job number as well! We'll pass this on to the team :) Warm regards

Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

Simonds Homes are not to be trusted. For the last 4 months no work has been done on our home, and we are constantly lied to. They employ intimidation tactics to try to force us to hire an Independent inspector to make them a completion list, and to try to force us to make a stage payment for work that is far from acceptable.
We feel hopeless and don't see an end to the stress and anger any time soon.

Simonds don't do any of the work themselves. Sub-contractors are hired for everything and there is no quality control or supervision. Build quality is non-existent. For 4-5 months there have been obvious faults that are still to be fixed.

Stay away from Simonds Homes.

Construction End DateApr 2019
Hi Simon, Thanks for providing feedback, and apologies that you have had a poor experience. If you can leave your job number, we'll follow up and see what we can do to provide you with a resolution. Regards

Outstanding

Milie has been an amazing sales rep. From day one she has been there for us. With all the changes we have meant. She has been patience and has been advising what will look good and what wouldn't. I would recommend to see her. She is an outstanding and valuable to the company. Thanks Milie and your hard work.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Farisha, Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate your recognition of the excellent service. If you could kindly leave your job number, we'd love to pass this feedback on internally. Thanks.

A happy customer

Building my first home with Simmonds has been a great experience!

From the start to the end I’ve had some fantastic people going above and beyond to make the process as easy as possible— I can’t thank Jamie Power, Jackie Norman and Justin from Warragul enough. Their enthusiasm, support and communication throughout the whole process has been EXCEPTIONAL!

The house was completed WELL within the time frame, EXACTLY to budget and looks great!

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
Hi Helen. That's great news. Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Are you able to provide your client number? That way we'll be able to pass on your kind words to Jamie, Jack and Justin. Regards, The Simonds Team

fantastic job the house is our home

The build was excellently managed by our Building Supervisor Dylan. he was in control of the entire process and monitored the trades every step of the way.
of course there were building issues, however Dylan was willing and able to deal with them as they arose
He kept us informed every step pf the way and always answered our questions, as ill-informed as they may have been.
The final costs were as quoted, and the only variations being the variations that we requested throughout the building process

Structural Integrity
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Electrical & Lighting
Flooring
Construction End DateDecember 2018
Wow thanks for the feedback Tony! Are you able to send over your client number so we can pass this on to the relevant team. Regards, The Simonds Team

EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND ACCOMMODATING

I just wanted to write a review regarding the service we have received from Simonds so far.From the Sales team to the Gallery Appointments to our Customer Consultant, Nicole Campbell. They have been outstanding and extremely helpful and understanding. Our land has taken more than 2 and a half years to title and we're still waiting. Our Consultant at Simonds, Nicole has been amazing. She has gone out of her way to assist us with so many things and she is a a true asset to the company. The help that she has given us and the things she has been able to achieve for us has been outstanding and always goes above and beyond. I look forward to writing another review once our house is complete. But if this is anything to go by, then I'm sure Our house will be awesome.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Maree and David. Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We'll pass this on to the sales team.

Not happy

We’re being charged for things that really should of been checked months prior to our final signing also been told it’s too late to change any thing over all not happy on how they went about it all

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Matt, thanks so much for your feedback and we are very sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the level of service. If you can provide your client number we can get in contact and see if there is a resolution.

Exceptional Customer Service and Professionalism

When my partner had told me he had booked an appointment with a builder to see what options we had available for the construction of a new house I honestly was like, NO WAY! Im my mind I was thinking we were going to be pressured into buying a place we didn't want or further more couldn't afford.

From the moment we stepped foot in the Simonds display at Marriott Waters we were only greeted with the most exceptional customer service from both Rob and our favourite Ainsley. Right from the start we had everything explained and things were starting to move slowly forward.

Before we new it we were signing for our first home deposit and Ainsley was on a mission to find us a block of land that suited our requirements.

Mission accomplished, we received a call from the fabulous Ainsley informing us that she has found us the right block to start our new build on, wow I was thinking it's actually happening.

Next, gallery appointment, what a day! Can I just add that its extremely overwhelming! Ensure your well rested before this day! So much happens in this one day and you make choices that your not quite sure on, which gets me to my next point.

Some of the choices we made on this day we didn't agree with and needed changed before contract signing so we both made a decision to take a drive back to Simonds display Marriott Waters in hope that our fabulous Ainsley would there! Thank goodness she was and again Ainsley showed us exceptional customer service!

We can't thank you enough for your help and being patient with us as these things may have been only small changes but we felt so comfortable having you change these and make us feel like we have made the right decision.

I recommend if you are thinking of building a new home make sure you take the time to go visit Ainsley and Rob down at the Simonds DIsplay at Marriott Waters as they have a wealth of knowledge are always there to help where needed.

Regards

Darren & Ian

Construction End DateMay 2019

Great Experience Overall

Chandra Deep was our sales consultant, and he's just fantastic. The level of service we received from him was excellent. If it wasn't for him, we would not have built with Simonds. He answered all of our queries (and trust me we had a lot of questions) in a very nice and friendly manner. He went above and beyond to assist us every time we needed help. Above all, he demonstrated strong work ethic and professionalism, and guided us really well throughout the process. He is an asset to Simonds.

Joanne Murphy is our customer relationship coordinator, and she has provided a great service to us, so far. Also, our site supervisor Steve Capp has been excellent. He kept us up to date with the progress of our build, and has been very approachable and accommodating.  Overall, we have dealt with some amazing people throughout the process. However, one place where Simonds really need to work on is the communication between their departments. We had a lot of issues at the Tender (House drawings were not updated), contract (prices of several items didn't match with the ones in the Tender document, tile drawings were not updated in the contract, etc) stages, and later, different estimators came back with different estimates for the selected items, which made no sense to us. So, while Simonds have excellent staff, the communication between them is nowhere near good. I think, Simonds will really benefit from bringing in some structure to their internal communication.

Overall, we are satisfied with the service we have received so far from Simonds.

Construction End DateApr 2019
Hi Jatin, Thanks for the positive review. Great to hear that all of the Simonds Team Members involved with your build were helpful and that you feel you have dealt with amazing people throughout the process. Thanks for the feedback regarding communication, we will make sure we feed this back to the team. If you can, please provide your job number, we'd love to pass this feedback on to the team directly. Regards.

Beautiful Home (na money die)

From day one the staff were lovely. The sales building consultant Cecilia guided us through the entire process so there were no surprises throughout the process. The Customer relationship coordinator, Lyn, was always available to clarify issues. The building supervisor Jared and the workers did a great job in an acceptable time frame. A beautiful home, a bit expensive (na money die).
We were satisfied with our home when we moved in.Thankyou

Build LocationQueensland
Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Juliet, Thank you very much for the positive review! We are glad to hear that the Simonds Team Members involved in your build were extremely helpful and that you were satisfied with their service from start to finish. Hope you enjoy the new home! If you can, please provide your job number, we'd love to pass this feedback on to the team directly. Regards.

Awesome home and amazing customer service

My parents' new home was extremely well managed from the signing up to completion. All staff who assisted them along the way were fantastic - really knowledgeable and helpful as well as friendly and welcoming. It was a huge undertaking for my parents - they sold their house in Melbourne and moved to Echuca at the age of 91 and 88 to build a house for the first time, and to achieve such a beautiful home after just four months was wonderful.

I would like to say a big Thank You to the lovely lady in the Echuca office who signed them up (Lisa??), the gallery staff (sorry, can't remember all your names) who guided them through a huge day of many choices, their fantastic Customer Relationship Coordinator, Alicia Crowe (nothing was a bother for her - lovely lady and an awesome assistant!) and last but not least, Andrew Mortimer, Building Supervisor, who could not have done a better job. Andrew was fantastic - he always kept us updated with what was happening and about to happen, was extremely knowledgeable about the entire building process, and treated my elderly parents with much kindness. We can't praise Andrew enough for producing such a well-built home for my parents - lovely young man! - Give him a raise!!

The workmanship and build quality of my parents' new home was top notch. All tradies who worked on the site were fantastic - would like to especially praise the painters - great job with a difficult colour; - the bricklayer - never seen such clean brickwork prior to being cleaned; - as well as the electricians, carpenters etc, all great workmanship. The cleaner did a great job of tidying up after the tradies, and the house was spotless the day the keys were handed over.

We can honestly say we had no issues at all with the whole process - if there were any problems we didn't know about them - Andrew was right there all the time keeping an eye on things. The only delays we experienced were weather related which were quickly picked up as soon as possible.

Final cost was actually under the estimated cost, as the house was changed from being in a bushfire prone area to a non bushfire one after the contract was signed, and a credit was given prior to settlement.

We would not hesitate to recommend Simonds for building a new home - their designs are really well thought out and executed - and the team who helped my parents all along were just amazing. Can't speak highly enough of them!!

Construction End DateJan 2019
Hi Rhonda, Thanks so much for such a positive review! It's great to hear that you've had both a quality build and an excellent customer service experience with Simonds Homes. If you can, please provide your job number, we'd love to pass this feedback on to the team directly. Regards.Hi there the Job Number is - 57645 Regards, Rhonda

Lovely House and I love my home

1.By Shane very well managed and very happy with his performance. 2.Reasonable but Shane had to get the workers back to fix a few things which should have been done once not twice.Not satisfied on the way Simonds handled my 2 weeks extra to lay my slab in January which got got laid in March and the build was suppose to start in February.The laundry and on cove light switches were place in a bad spot ,Kitchen bench needs to be longer otherwise very very happy with my Simonds . And as for the final cost was spot on so besides the mixed with laying my slab earlier I would say 4-5 stars would have been 5 had they laid my slab on time as promised

Construction End DateAug 2018
Hi Roy, Great to hear that overall you've had a positive build experience with us! If you can leave your job number, we'd love the opportunity to pass this feedback on to the team internally. Regards.Job # 55445 I would like to Thank Shane Foreman and Alicia at the Bendigo Office as they both went out of there way to help very much ..

Experience was a DISASTER!!

Not sure i want to spend too much time explaining the issues. The list is endless!! Site supervisor [name removed] was a joke, didn't even know how many rooms was in the house he was building. Finished walls weren't straight, pointed that out during framing/plastering but i guess Mr supervisor just didn't care. All he did was argue pointlessly all through the build. Let me mention that i did engage the services on an independent building inspector all through the stages, and of course simonds would argue on the reports always. Patch a few fault and cover up the rest. Long story short build quality was hopeless. Final inspection report had outstanding defects picked by the inspector during slab pour, framing still unfixed. Half of the walls OOP, front bricks looks like it had been laid by a 3 year old toddler. I wrote countless emails to the my supervisor's manager who of course wasn't any different. They simply weren't interested in fixing nothing. We gave up and just moved in. No final clean, stuffs everywhere, cabinet defective, laminate floor bouncing.. endless.
Post construction
Doesn't get any better does it? Driveway was not properly sealed. coating peeled off in 2 weeks of moving in. Still unresolved. Took ages to fix other defects. still ongoing as we speak. Simonds simply a no go. They will stress the hell out of you.

Construction End DateAug 2018
Hi Yomifabs, We're sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience building with us. If you'd like, please leave your job number in reply to this post and we will do what we can to address your complaints. Regards.51743

So glad to be in my own beautiful home.

From the beginning Aaron from Simonds, Traralgon was great. The Gallery girls were very helpful with advise on color selection etc. Taylah our Customer Representative was fantastic. Justin our site manager always kept me up to date with the various stages of the build. He would send me photos of the house as it developed. Nothing was too difficult for him.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Hi Karen, Great to hear that you've had such a positive experience with the staff working across the entire build! If you could please leave a job number so that we can pass the feedback through internally that would be greatly appreciated! Regards.

Great start to our new Home Build Journey

We started talking to Simonds about 2 months ago and Leigh Kostiainen was our appointed Sales consultant. We had an amazing start the day we had our 1st meeting with Leigh. We were absolutely sure about the exact Home design we wanted and Leigh made sure the Grandview design was adjusted and modified as per our requirement. Whilst we were adding structural and design changes, Leigh ensured we keep the price on check, working overnight on our wishlist and requirements. The final outcome seems to have surpassed our expectations and we are very delighted. We hope for our land to register to happen soon this and Home build so start soonest. Wishing many thanks for Simonds team special mention to Leigh Kostiainen for her efforts and hard work to produce a Home design which is near perfect for us and now just waiting for this dream to come to reality :)

Build LocationNew South Wales
Construction End DateAug 2019
Hi Amit, Great to hear that you've had a good initial experience with our team! If you can, please leave your job number and we will pass on the positive feedback to the team internally. Thanks.N1435

Hassle free house build

Really happy with my Simonds Team for my build process from Aaron in Sales at Traralgon, he was really helpful and informative in the initial stages and Taylor my CRC at Traralgon is so lovely and prompt with any queries and passing on information, and Justin my supervisor at Warragul has made the build process hassle free and been accommodating working with me and my availability when we need to meet and informative with when everything is happening.
Having my turnkey packages has made my process smooth and easy with no additional costs to worry about and I am looking forward to moving in and enjoying my new home with everything already done from the house to the garden for me to sit back and enjoy!

Construction End DateJan 2019
That's great to hear! Just so we can pass on your positive feedback Aaron, Taylor, Justin and the team, are you able to send over your Job Number?I am pretty sure it is 57801