Simonds team made the process effortless

From stepping into the Geelong Fyansford sales office to handover I found that I could not fault the service. A special mention to Simonds staff who went above and beyond during the process, from walking into Geelong Simonds reception. The receptionist, I'm not sure I have ever meet a receptionist with such energy and enthusiasm it made me smile. My sales consultant Michael Lane who returned emails even on his days off. Julie my gallery interior designer who has one amazing eye for helping guide me through my selection in record time. To my customer relations coordinator Danielle Wilson who made the journey feel seamless and keep me in the loop at all times. Amazing team. A huge thanks

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
Hi Sarah, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team enthusiastic and supportive throughout your build. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto the relevant team members. Thanks, SimondsThat would be great. Job number 57848. ThanksThanks for providing this information. We have passed your feedback through to the relevant team members. We hope you enjoy your new home. Thanks, Simonds.

Good Experience Pre-Build Stage

So far our experiences with Simonds has been really good. We have just started building last week in Carrum Downs.

We actually had a complicated situation so far, as we changed the house we wanted right at the final contract hurdle due to wanting to move from single to double. I thought SImonds were very good during this transition and never tried to push us into staying on the original plan.

Lucy our sales consultant was lovely to work with and is very thorough person who helped us plan the house we wanted within our respective budget.

Once out of the sales stage, we have had Dina supporting us as our customer relations contact. Dina has been really helpful and constantly diligent answering my many questions (I've had a lot) and queries and often went the extra mile to help us feel at ease with our decisions.

Also the gallery was a really good experience. Everyone there is just really nice. This is a really fun, albeit tiring experience (we went through it twice with the house change, so feel like were pros now). Again we saw at the Gallery some of the workers who weren't working on our job go out of their way to make our experience better (giving advice, showing examples etc). Overall I thought they run a really good system there.

Can't wait to see how the build goes, but so far so good.

Regards, Tim.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Timothy, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team flexible and supportive throughout your pre-build stage. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto the relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Extremely satisfied.

Our experience with Simonds in Regional Victoria, Shepparton, was amazing. From start to finish, everyone was super friendly and very professional. Special mention to our site supervisor Tim, very friendly, helpful, and professional. he even managed to get us in earlier than expected, which was really appreciated.
Another special mention to Aleashya, who went above and beyond to get things done. Such a lovely, bubbly but professional person, it felt like talking to a friend.
We are very happy with the quality of our build, and would not hesitate to build through Simonds again.

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Joanne, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team friendly and helpful. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks59429. Both Alicia and Aleashya were amazing, as was Tim.Thank you for providing this, we have passed your feedback onto relevant team members. Kind regards, Simonds

Excellent pre-construction experience

Simonds homes is well reputed and caught my attention as I was looking for house & land packages in Schofields. Though there was a slight delay in responding to initial esquire, the journey during pre-build phase has been nothing short of excellent once I got connected with Sales Consultant. Sam Wong is a thorough professional with deep technical skills in construction and willing to go out of his way to provide us the best package available. He did not dismiss any customization we have requested and was always willing to work around the design guidelines to meet our requirements. Special mention to Eloise at Gallery who was patient enough enough to go through each option and upgrade available. I don’t usually leave reviews but this one deserved it. Looking forward to working with the team during construction phase and highly recommend Simonds homes based on their presence in the market, experience and staff willing to stretch beyond their capabilities.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Phaneendra, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team skilled and helpful. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Excellent Experience

Simonds has made our first home journey a very positive and efficient one. Our customer relationship coordinator Jackie Norman was really knowledgeable and helpful throughout the whole process. The building process ran very smoothly thanks to Justin Bersey our Building Supervisor. Overall the whole process from start to finish was very good.

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
Hi Tash and Aidan, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team to be knowledgeable and helpful throughout your build. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, SimondsOur job number is 58824Thanks! This has been passed onto our team. Kind regards, Simonds

Wonderful experience

We are about to commence our build and have had a wonderful experience with each Simond's representative at the Geelong office. We had several meetings with Salyana, our Sales Consultant, where she happily offered knowledgeable advice while guiding us through the design process. We particularly liked the way Sal gave us lots of suggestions, however never pressured us into making decisions.

Next, we met with Rebecca, our Gallery Consultant. Although the gallery experience was quite an overwhelming prospect, Rebecca held our hand through each stage, gently offering her advice without ever becoming impatient with our decision making. We are very grateful for her design talent and genuine care towards ourselves and our home design.

Throughout the whole process, Sarah, our Customer Relationship Coordinator has been truly outstanding. As we are first time builders, we have had an endless number of questions and queries, which Sarah gladly responded to, always pointing us in the right direction. Her professionalism has led to a stress free process, where we have felt valued and respected as a customer. We found the decision of choosing a building company very difficult, but as a result of our positive experience, we would happily recommend Simond's Geelong.

Job number: 61296
House design: Welford

Construction End DateMarch 2020
Hi Luke, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you have found our team helpful and caring throughout your process thus far. We hope to hear how the rest of your building process goes. Thanks, Simonds

Couldn’t be happier!

I am currently in the middle of constructing my first home with Simonds. I came to Simonds at the beginning of the year after having a troubled experience with another builder. I was hesitant to start the building process again, but Brad and Jess from Simonds assured me I would be well looked after. They were extremely helpful and this first stage of the build was handled professionally and both Brad and Jess were extremely helpful. They stayed within my budget and offered great advise and expertise.

My case was then handed over to Rachael, who worked with me for the next few months to co-ordinate everything from colours, drawing, planning, council permits, liaising with my mortgage broker, signing final plans and co-ordinating and meeting with my site supervisor. She was absolutely fantastic to deal with. She was in frequent contact, made the process simple and easy to follow and worked tirelessly to ensure every detail was ready to go for the build to start.

My build is now currently in its frame stage and I couldn’t be happier with the process and the supportive staff at Simonds. Thankyou!

Job no: 60482
House design: Windsor

Construction End DateMarch 2020
Hi Brennan, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team so helpful and thorough throughout your process so far. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Sales experience is great, but the draft team experience for the next steps isn't upto the mark.

We are building our first home with Simonds and are providing our personal experience from the sales phase until pre-construction.

Sales - 5 stars, Wonderful customer service experience, patiently listens and then provides a valid solution and ideas to all the requirements for building the dream home.
Customer service and draft team are the next steps, thats where all the unexpected delays and frustrations happened with us.

Below is our journey, so far -

15th March 2019 - Signed Tender with Simonds and paid 5% deposit.
28th March 2019 - Land settled
21th May 2019 - Exterior, Interior and Electrical done, final drawings completed.
21th May 2019 - Lodgement to council
30th May 2019 - Council Approval and Construction Certificate received
28th June 2019 - Construction Loan Approved

Until this time we were so excited that now the construction with start and thats when, the drafting team delays start.

05th July 2019 - Drafting team informed saying that there is change in the current porch roof design and will go for council re-approvals for rectifications. ---- WAIT WHAT WHY now ??? Shouldn't that be caught on 21st May 2019 during the final drawing stage I asked all?
10th July 2019 - Sent for Council re-approvals. :(
... (4 weeks)
5th Aug 2019 - Re-approvals and Construction certificate received
... 1st week waiting
... 2nd week waiting
... 3rd week waiting
.... 4th week (30th Aug 2019) - Pre-construction finally got done and now its been 4-5 weeks since re-approvals. Awaiting for site supervisor allocation and construction start date.

Well so based on our experience with Simonds, delays and mistakes are happening which could cost you months, so have buffer time and $$$ to counter these delays.

Simonds drafting team really needs to pull up the socks and ensure that the final drawings sent to council for approvals are re-checked and correct before sent. Each week of delay here is costing the customer a lot money especially for the first home buyers like us who are balancing between the house rents and land mortgages along with the hopes of moving into the new house as early as possible.

Hoping Simonds build our dream home with high standards and no more surprises/delays.

Job No. N1481

Construction End DateApril 2020

A very satisfying experience

Our experience with Simonds building our home was extremely satisfying. From start to finish we had no concerns and the finished product met our expectations completely. They were extremely professional, polite, always helpful and treated you like a guest and not like another dollar sign. Special mention to our site supervisor Brent, very meticulous and detailed with his work, treated our project like he was building his own home, and always available and helpful to meet our needs.
Joanne our case manager was too good to be true. She is the most amicable person you will ever meet. We always felt like we were dealing with family. On top of this you will not get a more efficient professional person. Simonds have scored well with these employee representation.
Thank you Simonds for a well built home and a trouble free experience.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Franklin, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team to be polite and helpful. If you would like to, please provide your job number and we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, SimondsHi, our job Number is: 59644. Thank you, Franklin.Thanks for providing this Franklin. Your feedback has been sent through to our internal team. Thanks, Simonds

Professional Staff from the start to the end

We have recently built a Simonds home in Echuca and have been extremely happy with the process. Our Customer Service Officer, Alicia, in Bendigo and our Site Manager, Andrew, in Echuca have both been helpful and easy to deal with. Any questions or issues we have had have been handled promptly and efficiently. Andrew has worked well with our private building inspector and fixed any issues that he found. We felt that the staff were there to help us and to ensure that our build went as smoothly as possible

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi J and M, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you found our team helpful and efficient throughout your build. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, SimondsJob number is 57130.Thanks a lot for providing this, we'll pass it through to the team. Thanks, Simonds

Build went from dream build to nightmare on Elm St

UPDATE: 5/9/19-
Points to Simonds for following up and I will edit this review as things get done, as I said the early stages of the build were fantastic, until one of the suppliers tried to cheat us. So next week we may actually see resolution to issues. Simonds like other builders rely on the honesty and workmanship of suppliers, Simonds are basically a large Project Management Firm, when this system breaks down it is the customer that pays the price. They also rely on proper communication between departments, sometimes there appears to be a disconnect, this happens in large business, we get it, but it is the customer that wears it. Honesty, regular communication and full disclosure is the key to a successful working relationship between business and customer.

The "My Simonds" Website is not a real world tool, I was asked where I got the expected build end date from, well it was from the "My Simonds" app that appears to be at long odds with the construction team. So Simonds some free real world advice from a customer, update your "My Simonds" app with the expected build end date from the building contract, don't update it with expected build end dates as the build goes on cause, we as the customers who have invested large sums of hard earned rely on this as a tool to show when we can expect to get into our purchased residence, the real world wins hands down and you cant rely on your app dates.

Initial review below:
The sales team we dealt with were great, the home we wanted was not on display in Victoria but we were able to see one being built, fell in love and got it all arranged. Building finally started in early 2019, went really well and breezed through till we found one of the Simonds supplies trying to pull the wool over our eyes by supplying and installing a cheaper product to that selected and purchased, check your upgrades folks, on top of that a couple of the tradies used by Simonds appear to have been trained in kinder not TAFE and want to get home for a beer with some real ordinary workmanship and not a lot of pride in the work.

All of a sudden the excuses came, took two months to remove and install the right product and now we are stalled due to design errors with the concrete timber spacers on an external slab and a building surveyor will not sign off on occupancy and as a result we now look at a finished house that may have to now have further works to rectify, hence nightmare on elm street.

What started out as a really good relationship with weekly updates and calls from the staff in the main office has now turned into, well we don't really want to know you, well that's how it feels. Excuses galore, slow movement to get things done and I really wonder if some of the folks could organise a fight in a riot. Build was meant to be done by July, August, maybe September likely November, but I really don't know what year. My family lease ends this month and then I am homeless and not a lot of answers but plenty of name blame and excuses. We love looking at a house that is mostly paid for and cant live in, wonderful feeling.

Construction End DateSeptember 2019
Hi S.J., Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number and we will pass this onto our internal team to be investigated. Thanks, SimondsThe job number is 56130, the experience was great up until 4 months ago, build was to end July, then August, now maybe September. We are under stress now. I wont hold my breath for you to fix it, nothing else has been done quick in the last 4 months, so forgive the scepticism.Hi S.J., Thanks for passing on your information, this has been passed through to the relevant team. Thanks, Simonds

Friendly & professional staff = satisfied customer - Wonthaggi

From start to finish the Simonds Wonthaggi team have been a breeze to deal with. Quick responses to all queries and concerns, all minor blemishes (paint scuffs etc) dealt with quickly before handover. Any issues that arose over the building process were addressed professionally and efficiently. Anyone looking to build with Simonds in the region and are seeking a competent team to assist them, should request Nick Moltzen as site supervisor to oversee the construction and Rachael Jansen as the administration for a smooth process and a quality finish. Also thanks to Jess Finlay and Brad for their prompt assistance in sign up and handling my numerous questions regarding the home. Cheers!

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Luke, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team to be professional and helpful throughout your build. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Simonds Warragul - beyond amazing!!

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jamie, Jackie and Adam at Simonds Homes in Warragul.
Building my first home on my own was so scary and you all supported me in every way possible from start to finish. You were all honest, consistent and tentative to anything I needed throughout my build.
Thank you all so much, I’m so happy!!!

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Ebony, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team to be so honest, assisting and consistent throughout your build. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto the relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Amazing service and quality product!

Brent in the Lucas display home was super friendly and helpful, making sure he understood our needs and wants being first time investors.
Paul (our build supervisor) was actually amazing at sending updates alongside photos and being extremely transparent throughout the whole process.
The quality of the build was immaculate and far beyond what we expected. We are actually a bit envious that we don’t get to live in it ourselves.

Highly recommend the team at Simonds and will refer people I know looking to build out that way :)

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Conor, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team helpful and informative throughout your build. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds15181/2019/000541/0Hi Conor, Thanks for providing that to us, your feedback has been passed through to our internal team. Thanks, Simonds

Sales is awesome, architecture draft not matching standards

[name removed] from sales has given us awesome customer journey and experience. She was brilliant in details and helped us customise design for our home. However, not quite happy with Customer relationship and draft team. Too slow to respond. Process is very rigid and sequential. They don’t even book gallery if PCV is pending on their side and if I have already made 5% deposit. Their emails miss attachments or sometimes sends incorrect ones. I have been bringing up more corrections than them. Hope further build journey gets be give them better ratings.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Jay, Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please confirm that your job number is N1575, or provide your job number and we will pass this onto our internal team to be investigated. Thanks, SimondsN1575 that's correctHi Jay, Thanks for providing that to us, your feedback has been sent through to our internal team. Thanks, Simonds

Simonds homes- A master builder with exceptional service

My journey at Simonds started off with Jamal Chahbi located in Clyde north estates. Jamal is an excellent representative who is friendly, puts in the time and makes you feel like a friend. These qualities you can't go past in a salesperson who also, will do his best to give you value for money.

Nicole Coulter works at Simonds gallery and takes you through the important process of choosing the way you want your house to look. She is very knowledgeable and knows how to match and create the best combination of colours and choices. If you happen to go to the gallery she is the person to request.

Last but not least is Dina Pjevo, she is the appointed CRC who overseas the house and what it incorporates. Dina is probably the best CRC you can get as she is very prompt, professional and provides what you want at its best. Dina overlooks everything in detail and ensures accuracy is adhered to. She is also an easy person to deal with and is always happen to accommodate to your needs.

Simonds homes is not only a great builder, but has chosen to make sure their customer service is at its best and so this will lead to positive future growth for the company.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Junius, Thanks for your great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team to be so attentive and helpful throughout your building process. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto the relevant team members. Thanks, SimondsHi the job number is 6918194921228 or 58162.Hi Junius, Thanks for providing those. I have passed this through to our internal team. Thanks, Simonds

Beautiful home and great supervisor

My home was built in record time, a touch over four months. We had a good run with weather but more importantly my site supervisor, Paul. M, was on top of the process from start to finish. There were quite a few problems that popped up along the way and he took care of each one, promptly and efficiently. If you build in Ballarat, request him for your job.
As far as the back-office staff go, they leave a lot to be desired. If it wasn't for the above, this review might be very different.
As it is, I LOVE my new home and, thanks to Courtney in gallery (who was also awesome), it looks fantastic, inside and out.
Looking forward to blasting the central heating at full tilt for the next decade. Cheers Simonds (most of you) for the sweet, new digs.

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Charlie, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that you found our team to be prompt and efficient. Additionally, we will pass along your feedback regarding our back-office staff. If you would like, please provide your job number so that we can pass along your feedback to the relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Not a good Experience

Built my house in regional Victoria about a year ago. I am still having issues witht he stormwater drainage and cannot build my driveway as a result. They built what they want on my block of land and not what was on the plan. Now I have to take the matter to VCAT to resolve. This is not the kind of experience one would expect from so called "professional" builders. Dissapointed!

Construction End DateSeptember 2018
Hi Sam, Thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number and we will pass this onto our internal team to be investigated. Thanks, SimondsThanks for getting back. My job number is 54514.Thanks for providing that to us. It has been passed through to our internal team to investigate. Kind regards, Simonds

A positive building experience

Building interstate can be a challenge at best of times however I happy to say that the pre and post sales team at Simonds Home QLD have made my building journey a pleasant experience.
Establishing a good working relationship and setting the correct expectations is key to success for any project and this was quite evident from my dealings with Chris from the sales team. Truly appreciated the flexibility accommodated by Simonds Homes on the design changes requested despite some additional time taken for council approval
The construction phase was relatively hassle free largely due to the diligence from customer service coordinator Jessica and the onsite foreman Troy who kept me fully informed at very stage of the build. Jessica was delightful to work with - she was always courteous and promptly responded to any queries I had.
It's now nearly 6 months from the handover and "touch wood" we have not experienced any major issues other than the oven which failed after 3 months but was promptly repaired.
Will be interesting to see how Simonds Homes responds to any warranty related issues in the future.
Overall a very pleasant experience.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Hi Ravi, Thanks for the great feedback! We are glad to hear that you found our team to be so helpful and thorough during your build. If you would like to, please provide your job number so that we can pass your feedback onto the relevant team members. Thanks, Simonds

Thanks for making me feel UNSAFE in my own house

This was our first dream home and me and my wife feel unsafe in this house. Just imagine when you are called at the Simonds office to collect your Original set of keys, u find out that the envelope which has 4 keys, the seal which says "Not to be used during construction and should be used by the owner only" has already been broken and we are handed 3 keys instead of 4. We were told that your 4th key was being used during the construction and our site supervisor will give us the key. Even after the possession we didn't have our all 4 keys.
While next day when we were in the process of shifting, my wife unlocked the door and went inside the house and she finds out that a tradie was already there in the house and was in the manhole. How would you feel, she was so scared and asked the tradie how the hell he entered our house and he showed our 4th original key which the site supervisor handed over to him to enter the house. He said the site supervisor didn't tell him that we have already moved in.
We requested Simonds office to please change our door lock which I believe is not a big deal but they simply refused the request stating that they totally trust their tradie.
My question is what's the significance of the builder key and the original key. My wife wakes up in the night by thinking someone would enter our house. What if any tradie or the supervisor has made a copy of our house key? Did we really asked a big thing?

Construction End DateJuly 2019
Hi Harpreet, Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure all your concerns are investigated and addressed. Could you please provide your job number and we will pass this onto our internal team to be investigated. Thanks, SimondsJob number is 53553. Its not even a month we have moved inHi Harpreet, Thank you for providing this information. I have passed it through to our internal team who will be in touch. Thanks, Simonds

Until now simonds still haven't explain why they refused to credit me back my money so i can get my tiles fix.
Hi, Thank you for reaching out to Simonds again. We have touched base with the internal team at Simonds who have advised that replacement tiles have been delivered and that they have reached out to you directly. To avoid any delays or double handing of your requests, please deal directly with the specialist Simonds team who are in communication with you regarding your tiles and any further requests. Thanks, SimondsTiles was dumped on my driveway 6 months ago blocking my garage. No one bothered to come and do anything. Now that I'd disposed of it to clear our space and made complain about it and now someone wanted to come. I'd made my intention known to them that I'd given them a full year to do so but no one bothered. Is this how simonds building houses? Deliberately layed left over tiles into our house..dumped some more tiles in front of our garage and leave it there. Isn't one year enough to get it fix..if simonds dont want to fix it then i have every right to ask for credit back to get someone else to do it..what's simonds excuses for not crediting me back ? What's simonds excuses for laying left over tiles into my house ?

Email sent and suprisingly as expected no response. We was able to meet the tiler and he told us that simonds was fully aware of the different tiles but simonds told the tiler to lay the tiles regardless. This is ethically and morally not acceptable. Can someone from simonds explain this to me.. you guys been around for 60 years and this is how you treat and built houses for your customer ? Throw in some left over tiles from somewhere and hope no one will notice ? You guys can keep quiet but I wont. Simonds screwed up my house and I will do the same to simonds. There are hundred of people at simonds so surely someone there please explain why you delibrately put tiles like that into our house. ?
Hi, I have passed this onto our internal team to be followed up immediately. If you still do not receive any contact from anyone at Simonds, please let us know and we will follow it up again. Thanks, Simonds

Hi I would like to have a look at the floor plan of the $99000.00 first home buyer special Many thanks
Hi. If you follow the link provided below, you can see the floor plan for our 99K Offer. Thanks, Simonds Link: https://assets.simonds.com.au/images/global/campaign/2019/99K/SIM-881_99K_A4Flyer_VIC-QLD-SA_190702_AM_V10-WEB.pdf?mtime=20190716153617For more information, please complete the contact form at the bottom of the page attached below and one of our fantastic sales consultants will gladly answer any further questions you may have. Thanks, Simonds Link: https://www.simonds.com.au/contact-us