Great team

The whole process was quick and easy.
Their team were so friendly and helpful
Havent seen the final product yet but it sounds all right so far and we are waiting for completion.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Faraz, Thanks for the great feedback. We are glad to hear that the team has been friendly and helpful towards you. If you wish to, please provide your job number so we can forward your positive feedback to the team. Thanks, Simonds Homes.

Our CRC has been unbelievable

Our NEW CRC has been amazing throughout the whole experience, when we began with simmonds after our initial purchase, we were given a CRC who was not flexible at all, we had complications with finance and wanted to change our Contract date, our CRC told us bad luck, either sign it now, or you have to wait 2 months till the next time we can sign it. Shortly after this ordeal we were assigned a new CRC, and she has been amazing from the get go, sorted out any issues we had straight away, was always available for an appointment, and most of all was very understanding an patient through financial delays. Made us feel like we were her only customer when in reality that isnt true. This is all pre-construction, so i have nothing but good things to say about my CRC right now, lets hope that continues with the site manager and so on so forth.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Faysal, Thanks for the great feedback. We apologize for the initial experience you had, and are very glad you're very satisfied with a new CRC. We'd love to pass this information through to the relevant team if possible. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds Team.

Great Home

Simonds Homes were great to build with, From contract signing through to completion it was hassle free. John & Melitta couldn't of done anymore to help us with this build and there communication was excellent. When we met John onsite the home & block was kept clean and tidy. The home was completed in great time and before time. Well done Simonds on completion of our home, we could not be happier and it wont be the last home Simonds Build for us.

Construction End DateJuly 2019
Hi Emily and Jamie, Thanks for the great feedback. We're very happy to hear that you were satisfied with the home-building process from start to end. We'd love to pass this through to the relevant team if possible. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds Team.

Great, reliable, efficient customer service

From the moment I decided to build with Simonds, the whole experience was seamless. I was very nervous going into something like this, building a house is a big commitment, but the team were so reassuring throughout the whole experience. I was a nightmare to deal with, constantly changing my mind, sending a million emails - but the team never once made me feel any less than important. At times they were so accommodating that it made me feel like I was their only client, when in fact I clearly was not. I was having issues with my bank, and Sarah Green expressed that she could help, and boy did she, within days she had everything sorted and we were back on track.
Could not recommend Simonds highly enough to anyone.

Construction End DateJanuary 2020
Hi Miranda, thanks for the feedback and great to hear you were well reassured by the Simonds team during your build. We'd love to share your feedback with the relevant team if possible. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.

Friendly and Customer Focussed

Simonds have been timely, friendly and thorough in their dealings with me to date. They have kept me updated on where things are at, flexible with their approach - I can't always get to an office to review and sign documents, so they arrange phone hook ups, manage all my communcations with email (which I love) and are happy to keep me up to date on any issues encountered.
My Sales Consultant Christina was lovely, making sure that I understood what was and wasn't included, how much any upgrade would be and what I was required to do. She endured the many questions that started with "Do Dad thinks....." with a smile and a ready answer that he was satisfied with.
My Customer Relationship Coordinator has been amazing and flexible (with me having to change Gallery Appointments and Contract signing appointments). She never got frustrated and she always tried to accommodate me as much as possible. She is always celebrating any mini milestone that I can create.
My colour consultant Chloe was lovely, and her advice and assistance in choosing my fixings will mean that my house will look and feel amazing when it is built.
So far the journey has been one I would recommend!

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Katherine, thanks for providing feedback on your experience building with Simonds. We'd love to pass this through to the relevant team if possible. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds Team.sure - job number is 60204Thanks Katherine. Just wanted to confirm we have passed this through to the team.

24 Sowerby road Morwell

House was completed well before time, communication with site supervisor excellent, Justin Bersey explained everything asked in detail and at handover. Out of 10 would score him 10 any day,

Construction End DateJune 2019
Thanks for the positive feedback. Great to hear you had a positive experience with Simonds. Thanks, the Simonds team.

Happy from start to finish

The moment we stepped into a Simonds display home in Traralgon and dealt with Aaron we knew we made the right decision
This was my first time building. You hear some horror stories but i can say honestly my experience was enjoyable
Our site manager Bill was amazing. He kept us updated throughout the build.
We are extremely happy with our new home
I highly recommend Simonds

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Chris, thanks for your feedback and great to hear you has a positive experience building with Simonds. Thanks, the Simonds team.

Excellent customer service and assistance at Gallery

Excellent customer service provided by our CRC Pinar and Gallery consultant Rebekah. Highly appreciate their knowledge and patience through the prebuild process;Got prompt replies to all emails and questions we had at all times.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Meenu, thanks for the feedback and great to hear you had a positive experience building with Simonds! Thanks, the Simonds Team.

Avoid simonds

Using left over tiles for our house. Promised to fix it but a year now and not done. Too embarrassed to mention it to family and friends and We have to cover the tiles with furniture. After many email and phone calls and broken promises we are sick of it and decided to tell everyone that I know including all my customers. Now we have to save up money to get someone in and pull it all up and put in new tiles at our cost. Now the ceiling paint out the alfresco start to crack. Hope they refund us the cost of tiles so we can fix it soon. Avoid simonds homes unless you want problems

Construction End DateJuly 2018
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We'd like to pass this through to the internal service team to follow up on. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.Simonds going to refund the cost of tiling so we can call someone in to pull it all up and put new one in ? If simonds wanted to fix the problem they should've done it many months ago. I no longer trust in simonds quality and won't let them into my house.It's beyond my understanding how and why simonds laid 4 different batches of tiles (light & dark , polished & non polished) into our house and charged us $7,425. Denied at first but then admitted to it after photos was shown. Promised to fix it but after a year not done. We had been very patient with this but a year is too much for us. This is not acceptable and we demand and simonds should refund us so we can get people in and pull it all up and put new one in. If simonds wanted to take responsibility then my job number is 55540. Please dont send anyone to our house.

Flawless first building experience

Firstly, from Bailey and Laura we would like to thank the Simonds team for their assistance in producing us with such a high quality home, and building experience. We started our build working with Jamie Power, who was fantastic in explaining how the build would progress and answering any questions we may have had, no matter how small. We then moved on to Taylor Schack at the Traralgon office, who has never been anything less than bubbly and helpful at all times, always happy to assist no matter what. Moving to site we were lucky enough to be assigned our Site Manager, Adam Venteri. What an absolute legend! From the beginning Adam went above and beyond in every single way to ensure we were happy and understanding of the next steps to come. He has been a 6/5 star communicator, and has always been happy to open up the house at any time no matter what (including on his public holiday), just to pacify any concerns or questions we may have had. All the way through the entire build process Adam has been true to his word and kept us completely updated at all times, and for that we couldn’t be more grateful. Massive shout out and thanks to you Adam, your work is second to none and our new home is looking all the better for it. Thank you to the wonderful team at Simonds for building our beautiful home. We can’t wait to work with you again in the future.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Bailey, thanks for the wonderful feedback and it's great to hear you had such a positive experience building your home with Simonds. We've love to pass your feedback onto the relevant team if possible, are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.

Amazing Experience from Display Home to our own home

First time we have built with Simonds or any volume builder and were unsure what to expect.

After visiting all of the big names and not being convinced that it was what we were after we met with Tania Bell from Simonds at Mount Duneed and I was sold from the first visit. Tania's willingness to listen to what we needed, ability to be able to offer several design options and her general product knowledge were second to none. Like everyone we had a budget to work to - we moved in last week and at settlement we spent $1,000 less than Tania's original estimate which took away the financial stress of building.

The construction process was equally impressive - 16 weeks from site cut to moving in. Our Construction supervisor John Ramos was faultless in his communication and professionalism. I am a civil engineer myself so understand that with construction things do not always go as planned but I was impressed with Johns ability to communicate the few issues that arose along the journey and his problem solving approach to them. Site access was never an issue, John was always available to meet at any stage to show us through our new build.

I would not hesitate in using and recommending Simonds Homes to any other prospective clients in the future. For myself and my family its been a great result.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Warren, thanks for the great feedback and fantastic to hear you had such a positive experience building with Simonds! We would love to pass your feedback through to the relevant team if possible, are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.58827Thanks Warren!

Just Missed The Mark From Being Great

Ok so this is the second time we have built with Simonds and it was a slight improvement from the first time.

First off, the construction is of good quality and can not fault anything with this. Timimg was great as well as our first time building with them. To be honest they might be a great builder if you were building purely for investment and do not need all the nice top end of quality.

So first issue would be the CSR. The first CRS we were dealing with could have potentially wrecked this whole build for us if we did not change from her. I would not even give this company the time to write a review. That is how poorly she treated us along with misleading lying and straight out ignoring our requests and phone calls. During the gallery selection we also had a few issue with the service from the employees. Incorrect pricing was given to us on a few of the items. So please always triple check what they do because we feel like they hope you do not notice this. With some of the items we had chosen buy the time of installation the items were discontinued stock, this was quite frustrating as they did not contact us earlier as this could have created a massive headache.

After a few complaints about our first CSR and her consistent lying and talking rudely to us we finally got moved to a more professional, reliable, an straight out savior of this build. This CSR should be at the top with how she handled all of our issues as well as pre-empting issues and coming at us with solutions. If we had this CSR from the begging this review would be completely different, she gets 5 STARS plus more. However we can not unfortunately give Simonds 5 stars with what we had been put through.

The site supervisor was alight however he did drift between being helpful and being difficult. Do not over promise and under deliver this does not site well for anyone. Countless of times we were told something was getting done to a set date but it just wouldn't. When the issues started to arise it was a challenge to get him to action this with a positive attitude and timely response. So this would always lead us back to our CSR to kick things into action. Most of the issues could have be avoided from us noticing them if he paid a bit more attention to detail.

I will give he credit though for the extra work that was put into our garage. The floor had quite a bit of damage done to it from the builders, so he has this sprayed over with a spray cement and it has come up quite nice. This was actioned before we even noticed all the damaged. He was also flexible with the lock up stage and allowed our landscaper to come onto site and do our fencing.

Final inspection touch ups. I feel like there needs to be a better process for the supervisor to blue tape mark all the defects and have the maintenance crew to repair. As there was still quite a few faults that were not attend to, these were minor however this is annoying. Maybe a check list need to be made with all the fault's so that the repairer can go though this as well.

Cleanliness of the house was a bit poor. This was one of our most disappoint things we had in our first build with Simonds , like food being left in the roof to rot. So through out this whole process this was alwasys something we had mentioned and watned to be done right. With our disappointment the place was not that clean, and to top if off the last tradesman who ever it was had been smoking in one of the rooms which still smells, he also decided to use the toilet without flushing.

Over all with this being our second build with Simonds I would be wrong in saying that I would build with them again. All our issues were not that dramatic but actions speak louder than words and this is were it was let down for us. Like I mentioned earlier with our second CSR, if we had her from the get go this would be completely different. With this being said I would not tell anyone not to build with Simonds, I just want to share our story and what we went through.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Butters, Thanks for the feedback. We`re always keen to receive feedback to improve future service. We`d love to pass through this information to the Internal Service team so if possible could you provide your job number? Thanks, The Simonds Team

Happy with Pre construction stage. Will recommend to friends and family.

Happy so far with the pre construction stage. Got the council approval in right time.all the design and PCV are finalised. Ready for the next crucial step which is construction . Hopefully simonds will build my dream house in a great way the way we want. Regan Dallis being great help and responding emails so quick and efficient way. Hopefully simonds will Build the quality home of high standards as per our expectations. Thanks Ravinder & Kirti

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Ravinder, Thank you for the positive review. Great to hear you've been having a great experience with Simonds so far! We would love to pass this feedback through to the relevant team so please share your job number if possible! Thanks, The Simonds TeamJob No. Is N1315. ThanksHi Ravinder, thanks for providing this, confirming we have passed your feedback onto the team. Thanks.

Awesome people every step of the way.

We spoke with many builders before getting to Simonds. But from the first time we walked into their doors it was a completely different atmosphere. They really wanted to find out about our situation and to match a home to our needs. Through out the process they could not be more helpful or friendly. I will and have recommended Simonds to anyone looking to build. cannot fault.

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Matthew, thanks for the feedback and great to hear you had a positive experience building with Simonds. We would love to share your feedback with the relevant team if possible, please could you share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.

Amazing journey from start to finish

The whole process from start to finish was exceptional. Every stage was explained and meet our expectations. The house is amazing and we can’t wait to move in thank you

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Dani, Thanks for the feedback, it's great to hear you had such a positive experience building with Simonds. Good luck with the move in! Thanks, the Simonds team.

Great start with lots of hope of Simonds Express Range House

We have just signed in to Simonds express home with Brad sales rep at Cowes . He has been very professional and kept his promise . We needed a contract in a hurry to send to bank, he said he will do it in 4 days but finished in 3 days - GREAT - contract signing was smooth amazing with his team Aaron and Skie . Cannot believe that you could build a home on the internet . If you have a titled land and if you are not too fussy with designs and inclusions and need a house in a hurry but still good one , build by reputable builder please DO TRY THIS - So far so good hopefully will have the same experience with actual build . Great work Brad , Araon and Skie

Construction End DateJanuary 2020
Hi Diva, thanks for your positive feedback! It's great to hear you've had such a smooth process with the signup or your new Express Home. Be sure to let us know how the build goes! Thanks, the Simonds team.

Perfection - cannot fault!

Wow, is all I keep saying when I look at my beautiful new house built by Simonds Homes. Not only is my house stunning, the whole process was a breeze! From the first time I made an enquiry to where I am currently (a week out from having house keys), everything has gone so smoothly. During my initial discussion, I was made well aware of any additional costs (site costs, driveways, landscaping, fencing), there was nothing ever hidden - even advising that I will receive a bill from the electricity company and how much to expect. I also signed with an amazing special where I spent $18K, I received $45K worth of extras for free!! I am not sure if it is still available, but during my months of researching and reviewing builders I always noticed that they had amazing offers.

The communication with both my building supervisor (John Ramos) and CRC (Melitta Traczyk) was first class - in my opinion both are the best at what they do, so happy I had them! I received very regular updates from Melitta advising what had happened since the last time we spoke and what was expected to occur in the following week/s. As well as having regular contact with John who assured he was always only a phone call away if I needed to discuss or wanted to view the property.

Throughout my journey, I found all the staff I dealt with so professionally, friendly and accommodating, nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I honestly can't thank Simonds enough - now I can't wait to move in!

Am I happy with my house? 110%!
Would I recommend Simonds Homes? Absolutely, 1000 times over!

Construction End DateJuly 2019
Hi Milly, thanks so much for the positive feedback and it's great to hear you would recommend building with Simonds! We'd love to pass on you feedback to the relevant teams if possible. Are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.That would be great - thank you! It is 59158.Thanks for providing this Milly, we'll be sure to pass your feedback on!

Great experience building our new home

We have had a great experience building through Simonds. It has been very well run throughout and its all moved very quickly we have been very impressed. The design of the home was perfect and the Simonds team along the way have been very professional and organised and are always avaliable to take calls and repsond to emails promptly. We would highly recommend.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi, thanks for your positive feedback on building with Simonds. We would love to pass your feedback on to the relevant teams if possible, are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.Absolutely. Job number is 58377. A special shout out to Skie Luke, our customer relations coordinator . She has been so friendly and helpful throughout :-)Thanks for providing this, we'll make sure it gets passed along!

Fantastic experience with Simonds

I am extremely happy with my new home. The workmanship is excellent and the whole process was smooth and transparent thanks to my brilliant building supervisor, Justin Bersey. From the word go, Justin was a first-class, can-do operator - extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He was always approachable and responsive to queries. My CRC Taylor Schack was also fantastic - she and Justin take the stress out of the building process and make it less daunting, especially for first-timers who haven’t built a house before.

Construction End DateJune 2019
Hi Zoe, thanks for your positive feedback and great to hear about your experience with Simonds. We'd love to share your feedback with the relevant teams, are you able to share your job number? Thanks, the Simonds team.58445Thanks Zoe!

The build is overall good, Customer Service needs Work!

I have lived in my Simonds home for nearly a year, I wanted to wait a while before I wrote this review to ensure that the experience was accurate.

The Good:
The house looks very solid, happy overall with the build as a whole. There is nothing I can fault with it structurally. I've had it looked over with an inspector and several Tradies, all have said that the house was built well. The house was built fairly quickly, we lived near it and watched it get built, it was clear that no time was wasted and we inspected it as it was built with our inspector.

The Bad:
First the major issues, to begin with throughout the entire process we were constantly asked to write a review, we were asked before any building had started, and I stated how am I supposed to review something that does not even exist yet, regardless they persisted. To a degree I believe we were unlucky is some aspects of the build. To begin with, the key they gave us did not open the front door, so we had to use the back door to get in and out until this was fixed. Our Master Bedroom door lock got jammed on our first night, so I had to disassemble the lock mechanism and get them to fix that as well. The main Air Conditioning unit (Haier) broke 4 times in the span of 1 year, the over fan (Technika) was not working correctly and the dimmer lights flickering to the point it could give someone an epileptic seizure. Although some of these issues could be referred to the manufacturer at the end of the day they were not install correctly and Simonds chose these brands/installers which is a reflection on themselves thus they also have their share of the blame.

Next Major issue I had was the customer service. Obviously at the start of the build it was flawless (apart from the persistence on reviewing them), but once these issues came into play they fought not to do anything about them. I have just had another inspection of the air con, lights and various other issues, from the attitude of the inspector it was very clear that it was going to be a battle to get them to fix most of these issues. When I pointed out the oven cooling fan is rattling, his response was "Mine does that as well, just leave it open." I was appalled at this attitude it was very clear he would attempt to disregard any issue I threw at him. I told him of the flickering lights and he attempted to blame Energex, I then told him "I have another set of dimmer lights that do not flicker, its not Energex, its the installation, fix it." As the inspection went ahead he begrudgingly accepted some of the faults I pointed out and had to argue the point with him.

Conclusion:
The house structurally is good, and I would recommend Simonds for this aspect. However, their Customer Service and choice of appliance brands hold it back. I would strongly recommend a different air conditioning unit that is not Haier. When it is inspection time, don't let them disregard any issues. Point it out and be firm.

Construction End DateDecember 2018
Hi Kildare, thank you for your feedback, we'll share this with the team to internally review. If there is anything you are still waiting on as a result of the inspection, please could you let us know your job number so we can follow up on this for you. Thanks, the Simonds team