Singer Brilliance

Singer Brilliance Questions & Answers

6160, 6180
Brand Manager for Singer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

10 questions from our users

Linda
Lindaasked
Brilliance

My machine intermittently keeps on stitching after I have taken my foot off the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem

sapphire
sapphire

Hi Linda,
I have not had this problem so far so sorry I really can't help. It might be worth having a sewing machine tradie look at it.

Theresa
Theresaasked
Brilliance

I have checked the bobbin thread and needle thread and all seems good however when I try to stitch the upper thread is sowing but the bobbin thread, although up is not connecting with the needle thread. Any thoughts?

Joy Cookeasked
Brilliance 6160

Can anyone help please? Just turned my machine on and all I have on the computer display is two brackets back to back...

Jasmine1485
Jasmine1485

Is the bobbin roller clicked into place on the top? It usually shows that when I'm winding bobbins.

Joy Cookeasked
Brilliance 6160

Hi, the computer screen is only showing two brackets back to back can’t do anything what can b done?

Anne
Anneasked
Brilliance 6180

The machine is brand new. I bought it over two years ago from LIDL but had never used it. The machine is leaving out stitches (on all different stitch settings). I checked the manual and did everything it suggests: check threading of machine, make sure the needle is pushed into the needle holder and that it's not blunt or bent, check thread in bobbin case, etc and it is still not working correctly. I have been sewing for several years and had never had this problem with a sewing machine before. (The machine is Singer Sewing Machine 6180, IAN 290238) Please can you give me any advice? Thank you. Anne

Lynda Wasked
Brilliance 6160

My machine is onlymshowing 2 back to back brackets on screen, wont sew, cant change anything on screen, wont sew. Haventurned machine on/off to reset. Nothing. Help Im in the oddle 9f sewing curta9ns. Not happy Singer. I see this question has been asked before, with no answer. Please resppnd urgently.

Joy Cooke

How did u go, I have exactly the same problem?

Lynda W

Worked it out. The bobbin winder on top was engaged as though it was winding thread, with nothing on it. Just unclicked it........oops, such a simple thing........problem sorted. Hope this is same as your issue. Cheers

PatRobasked
Brilliance 6160

My sewing machine only has two backwards square brackets on stitching screen and will not change stitch or sew anything

Joy Cooke

I have the same problem were u able fix yours?

PatRob

it was having the bobbin filler pushed across

Joy Cooke

Thanku so much I’m up and running... much appreciated

lanne
lanneasked
Brilliance 6160

Tension for reel not adjusting. Any ideas?

Jo
Joasked
Brilliance 6160

Does anybody know if the presser foot pressure can be adjusted? I’m sewing a lot of minky and it is bunching badly, I’m hoping I can adjust the pressure to allow the fabric to flow more easily or am I better off getting a walking foot? Thanks

benbob
benbob

See your creativity become a reality with numerous built-stitches and snap-on presser feet.....I would think all sewing machines have a pressure foot ..

smartsah
smartsahasked
Brilliance 6160

Hi i have got a singer brilliance 6160...only few months old. The fly wheel is not.moving more then few cm and needle is.not raising or lowering. Feels like something is jammed. Could someone help me with advice on what problem could be. As i am lost for ideas.
I am experienced sewer of over 30yrs and never experienced this problem.
Thanks in advance

Dandw
Dandw

Hi, I'm not an expert but I would loosen the needle and then try and turn the fly wheel. It could be that the needle is bent? Good luck!

jkzn
jkzn

the bibin winder may me locked in so just disingage (push to the left ) and that may hep as its a coputerised machine that happens and you dont even nitice it(happened to me )

Singer Brilliance