Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000

5 questions from our users

Helena K.

Helena K.asked

SL906 EM-L 1000

Hi, got a few questions about your rangehoods: SL906EM-L 1000 and SL906-L EXCEL 1000.

1) What is SEM1, 2, 3, etc.. mean? What do those numbers mean?
2) I've got a 2 storey house and the obvious way to duct it out would be through the kitchen wall to the outside instead of the roof. But, I am wondering whether I should buy the "EM" model where the motor is external or just the internal onboard motor?
3) If I buy the EM model, where would the external motor be located considering it needs to be installed above 2m away from the rangehood. My goundfloor ceiling height is 3m and the rangehood sits at 1.6m from the ground, so there's no way the motor can be 2m away from the rangehood.

Hi Helena,
1.) The SEM 1, SEM 2, SEM 5 numbers refer to the model of external motor.
- SEM 1 is a motor that is 'external', to the rangehood, but sits inside the house, which is then ducted outside.
- SEM 2 is mounted to an exernal wall
- SEM 5 motor is mounted to the roof
2.) It is difficult to determine the best installation for your property without seeing it. The Sirius website has a diagram of a lot of possible ducting solutions - the example is for a single-story house but it still might be helpful. https://siriusbrand.com/ducting-guides/
3.) The external motor should be installed between 2 metres and 7 metres from the rangehood. Any longer and the extraction power may be reduced. For installation of the SEM 2 motor specifically, the height needs to be between 500mm and 2 metres from the ground so it accessible for service.
Regards

Andy

Andyasked

SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000

Hi folks. I would like to read the SEM2 and SM7 external motor wall mounted installation guide please as the link provided doesn't appear to work.

Hi Andy.
Try the links in the SEM motor section of this page. https://siriusbrand.com/download-user-manual/
If none of them work please let me know.
Regards

Siva

Sivaasked

SL906 EM-L 850

I have got Sirius SL906 EM-L 850 installed with rigid ducts supplied by Sirius and by an approved installer.
However, level 1 is absolutely quite, level 2 to 4 are nosier, don't know if this is common or something I should look into?
Also what is the airflow rate for level 1, 2, 3 & 4?

Cathy K
Cathy K

You will need to ask Sirius about the individual airflow rates. My Sirius does get a little louder with each setting but pretty quiet. Of course when it’s up high I can hear it but I can still hold a conversation or watch tv with it on. I do know that the ducts are best installed with two 90 degree bends to lower noise not sure if your installer did this.

Yvonne

Yvonneasked

SL906 EM-L 1000

I am researching this range hood before I buy. I would like my motor outside on the roof. Can you please send a picture of the housing for the motor? I live by the sea and am worried about rust.

Anthony F.Sirius

Hi Yvonne, you would possibly need a marine grade motor, however these are only available in our wall mounted external motors SEM2 and SEM7.
SEM2: http://siriusbrand.com/work/sem2-external-motor/
SEM7: http://siriusbrand.com/work/sem7-external-motor/
Otherwise you can have a look into our roof mounted external motor SEM5: http://siriusbrand.com/work/sem5-external/
If you need further assistance, I recommend calling 1300 762 219 and requesting to speak to our technical department.
Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

margaret28

margaret28asked

SL906 EM-L 850

we are considering purchasing Sirius sl906,we have concerns with the control buttons under right side of inbuilt unit,these are difficult to know which one you are pressing ,its a pot luck till you get the one you need.
also with the the distance of the motor from the unit to the out let is how far is safe and doing a good job,how many motors ,and servicing of unit with motor in roof and out let top of roof???? can i get feed back please

Anthony F.Sirius

Dear Margaret28, thank you for your question, the undermount rangehood your referring to has the buttons on the right side and the light and button level one is towards the back of the unit while number 4 and the induction countdown control are at the front. If your using an offboard motor it should be ideally placed 2 metres form the unit or up to 7 metres. one motor is only possible with these units. The motor needs to be accessible for servicing, please call our team here at Sirius on 1300762219 for any further questions, thank you Sirius Brand.

Margaret
Thanks for your question. The main reason why we chose the SIrius was for the efficiency of air removal - it was the best that I found. We specifically chose the model where the buttons are hidden because we didn't want the range hood to be visible. You do get used to where the buttons are, but they do make other Sirius models where the buttons are at the front if you want to be able to see the buttons.
regards,
Brett

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Sirius SL906 EM-L 520 / SL906 EM-L 850 / SL906 EM-L 1000