SkyMesh Fixed Wireless

The positive reviews here are obviously fake.

Take a few minutes to read the positive reviews and then the negatives and make your own mind up. What reviews sound authentic to you? If you have a connection issue Skymesh will simply tell you to perform some redundant tests and then ignore you. QUOTE: "As we have not been contacted by you further in regard to this issue, this ticket is due to be closed in two days." I got that immediately after being promised someone would contact me about our problems.

Having run IT departments before I am aware of lazy badly run service departments closing tickets proactively to make themselves look good. Look Ma, no open tickets.

As we have been forced to rely on our Telstra mobile connections for internet we may as well sign up for the fixed wireless with them.

Start DateApril 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Morning Carmoda, before we can look into this issue for you would you mind sending through a direct message (via product review) with your account details, so you location address and account holders name. Just to be clear our ticketing system does not operate as you have previously experienced. Our ticket queues are audited prior to closing. The trouble shooting that is required is to help our clients with their connections are mostly based on NBN requirements. We can not escalate to them without the required information. Please send through that direct message and we can go from there. Thanks Adelei have looked at my ticket history and i can see examples of tickets being closed shortly after I was told someone would contact me.

connection dies daily outside or support hours compounded by poor peak hour speeds

as stated in title, my connection drops almost daily, sometimes up to an hour.
whenever i have contacted technical support, they have pushed the blame to nbn, which very well might be true, but saying this after making me perform the "list" during every call.
peak hour speeds (1500-0100) connection speeds drop to under 8mbps (paying for 25).
if ur going to get nbn, you would be better off forking out for a fibre connection and stay away from fixed wireless.
(also written on mobile as connextion has been down the last 3/4 hour)

Data TypeCapped Data
Morning Ben, Thanks for taking the time to write your review. So we can investigate further, would it be possible to confirm your support reference number?

Put your money on the box and go away.

I have been with Skymesh since the NBN was made available in our area, so roughly 18 months. The NBN service was on very rare occasions faster than our ADSL connection it replaced, however the majority of the time it is a lot slower and less stable. That's the NBN and it's flaws. Now on to skymesh: I have requested support on a few occasions now with nothing being resolved. Potential customers should be aware support is very limited with skymesh. Their support staff will ask for you to perform patronising and redundant tests. Once you report on the results of these pointless tests they will go silent on you and close the support ticket. It is apparent to me they have no technical support capability and have no relationship with the NBN staff to problem solve. I did try to be open minded about the problems with the NBN and went with it anyway but it is apparent to me the NBN is complete failure and Skymesh seem happy to hide in the shadows and take your cash.

Start DateApril 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Morning Carmoda, We are sorry to hear about your current connection issues with us. We have reviewed your support tickets and can see we are waiting to hear back from you with additional information from our troubleshooting steps so we can formulate a plan to move forward with the issues affecting your service. Unfortunately, nbn does require a large amount of troubleshooting to be completed before we can lodge a fault with them. Lodging a fault with nbn without the information nbn require would cause them to automatically close the fault without any investigating from their side. If your free, we would be more then happy to arrange a call from our support team so we can ensure we have all the required information to lodge the fault with the nbn.incorrect. "waiting to hear back from you with additional information" standard IT support backhand. Why don't you make the effort to solve the problem? Skymesh will keep leaking customers until one of your senior executives shakes up the support function.Morning Carmoda, We appreciate your frustration. However, in order to resolve your service issue. NBN does require this information. - Thanks, SkyMesh.

watch out when leaving

been with them for 3 years wanted to upgrade my package so they started another service so i got billed twice for the same month now i have changed plans on contract to another provider and they are still billing me even though i have no service with them and they claiming that i am still connected but im not so make shore you tell them you are leaving even though it dose not say you have to when you sign up overall this has spoiled a good experience both my providers are billing me for the same month and both claim im connected with them which is all good for them i just have to pay

Start DateAugust 2016
Connection TypeWireless
Hey Steve, sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. Like with almost any service provider, you do need to inform them if you wish to cancel your service. SkyMesh doesn't lock our customers into contracts but our general terms asks for 30 days notice of cancellation. - Thanks, Ben

Skymesh NBN Wireless speeds unsatisfactory - cancelled in the first month.

Skymesh personnel are friendly and pleasant but phone waiting times are too long. As far as the service is concerned, they are defeated by NBNCo.

I was paying for 50/20Mb/sec speeds but even at the quietest times it's never achieved better than 24/1 (yes - upload speed less than 5% of what I was paying for).

I've now cancelled the account after 3 weeks of stuffing around - hours spent on troubleshooting and 2 mornings hanging around waiting for NBNCo techs who don't always turn up.

Skymesh NBN might be OK in your area but the product they have for me (NBN wireless) is fatally flawed.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeWireless

Close as one can get to the tower still crap speeds

Would be within 400m of the tower, don't get maximum speed 25 megabit, do get dropouts probably a couple a day, takes over a day for them to call me back and when they do they ring once if I'm out they won't ring back so I have to go through the whole process again it's quite terrible... I've been with a few ISPs.

Connection TypeWireless
Hey Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Very sorry to hear about your dropouts. I would love to look into this for you. Would it be possible to confirm your ticket number with our support team? - Thanks, Ben

Very satisfied long time Skymesh customer.

Have been using Skymesh as my ISP for at least 12 years, originally a satellite service and when NBN fixed wireless came to our area I have been using that service. On the odd ocasion I have needed service it been very quickly fixed with the added bonus of being able to speak to Australian technician based in Australia. I have no problems with thoroughly recommending Skymesh.

Connection TypeWireless
Morning Dave, Thanks for taking the time to write your great review. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Ben

great company fantastic service

been with Skymesh since NBN came to our area, had a few hick ups in the beginning mainly faults of NBN. Their communication is great, pricing is very good and the fact one gets to speak with an Australian every time is worth every cent to me. We have to support Australian companies

Start DateAugust 2016
Connection TypeWireless
Thanks for taking the time to write your great review. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with. - Thanks, Benthank you Ben all good atm, will need you in future when our landline gets disconnected cheers Hellen

New User

A bit early to tell just got connected, the staff I have felt with a very nice , helpful and knowledgeable very easy to set up and seems fine. More later

Start DateOctober 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled

No NBN for a week

I have been without NBN for a week and left numerous technical support messages without any call back.
When there was no sign of a fix, I requested billing not to withdraw money from my account until NBN was restored.
They still took the monthly fee for invoice 3818430

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hey Berry, thanks for your review. Our upstream provider was experiencing issues which impacted a small number of our customers. This was resolved at 1:15PM today. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I can advise our accounts team will be calling you as soon as possible. - Thanks BenThe support team never called back, and I cancelled my NBN with SkyMesh. The small number of customers referred to, was the entire Nowra POI. SkyMesh could proactively have offered a free month during the extended downtime, and I would have stayed with the company. Instead they refunded a bare minimum and charged me for an extra 30 days.

Long term customer happy

Have been with them for over ten years, always been upgraded and nbn done efficiently. If I need them they ring back so I don’t sit online forever. Helpful, friendly.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Morning J Simpson, Thanks for being a long term loyal customer. We appreciate it! Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with - Thanks Ben

great service and staff

NBN wireless good speed and good service from staff. in 4 years on 2 issues with service due to weather tower hit by lightning was fix in a few hours .

What service

Every time Iring for service the wait time is too long.
The service people cannot fix problems, they just ramble through the same old restart the modem etc.
Improve, or lose customers.

Newbie

Just has the NBN satellite system Installed and it all proceeded well. Technician seemed to know his stuff and very helpful. I had service connection within a couple of hours. In terms of how good the system is - it's early to tell. After reading a few of the negative reports, I will admit to having some concerns, but time will tell.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless

It’s a shame to see a good ISP go to waste

Used to be a big fan of SkyMesh, but since being acquired by BBB (UK satellite company), I can no longer support them. Speeds quickly worsened and support queues blew out. Plus, their plans are currently just about the worst value I can see out of any nbn provider.

Plus, when troubleshooting speed issues with them, it took 6 months for them to advise us that nbn tower congestion was evident. Yes, this wasn’t their fault for slow speeds, but it was their fault for poor support. Aussie Broadband figured this out after 1 day, and called me back the next. There are so many other options.

If you’re considering SkyMesh, my advice is - don’t.

Apparently unmetred netflix

Im actually happy with the internet and the customer service. Besides the fact no-one has called me back after 4 days. Anywhoo we are somehow using ludacris amounts of data even though all we use is Netflix and facebook on our phones. With 60gbs was told we had already used half of our data! Netflix can't be unmarred as advertised.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Emily, Thanks for reaching out to us, we're glad to have you on board. We are happy to confirm Netflix is definitely unmetered for our Fixed Wireless services. If you have concerns about your data usage, our Support team will be happy to help put your mind at ease. We've sent you a private message to offer further technical support. Cheers, Brendan from SkyMesh.

Perfect

Excellent service and flow through . Sales consultant Ben was excellent and prompt with his service. Would recommend him to anybody looking for service

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Rhonda, Thanks for your review and thanks for letting us know about Ben's good work. We'll pass your feedback along.

Would not deal with any other provider

Great local service.We have been connected with Skymesh now for 10 years and they have always been very helpful.With NBN now the service is still fantastic,not dealing with people overseas who don't understand.These are local Aussies....Phone connected to internet and value for money...Thank you Skymesh

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hey David, Thanks for sticking with us over the last 10 years! It's great having you onboard. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with at all - Thanks again, Ben.

Perfect for remote area

This is excellent for where I live in cracow an it was fast service absolutely in love with it? Thank u so much

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Morning Jasmin, Thanks for your great review. Really glad you are enjoying the service. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with. - Thanks Ben

Wonderful service!

Fantastic! I had ordered on Wednesday and had the whole service up and running by Sunday. Effortless connection and great results. I couldn't be happier. Thank you SO much, SkyMesh.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Douglas, thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist with - Thanks Rhys