Solahart L Series

Listing monitored by Solahart

41 questions from our users

Akis
Akisasked

I got a Solarhart system is about 10 year old . I hardly turn it on exept when the weather is really bad . I had it o fir the last two weeks and today this morning the hot water had no pressure coming out . The cold water the pressure was normal . I am wandering what is happening ?

Ron
Ron

I am not much help to you as I had a new one installed January 2019 but it has never worked at all unless the heater is on all the time. Just trying to get Solarhart to fix it seems to be a mammoth task.

Akis
Akisasked

My Solarhart system to day the hot water got no pressure coming out . The cold water has pressure . The system is over 10 year old . Do I need a plumber to fix it ?

Ben
Benasked

Hi, I was reading through the owner’s manual and was puzzled why the working pressure of the L collector was 1400kPa and the test pressure was 300kpa/45psi. Should it be 3000kPa?
Ben Leong

Ritchie Border
Ritchie Borderasked

How much does it cost to replace the anode also the hot water release valve

Sydney T.
Sydney T.asked

how much is it to buy a heating booster element for a 300LJ system?
i assume they are about 3.6kW?

Glenn M.
Glenn M.asked

Dear Sir
I have owned my solahart l series for 4 1/2 years and will require service shortly.
The question is what parts are included free in the $350 SERVICE cost. Eg cathode , tempering valve, filters any oyher valves

Glenn McGrath

Fired Up

The question is best directed to the company as this is a review site

Steve S.
Steve S.

Hey Fired Up, you are in the Q&A tab of the Product Reviews

Andy C.
Andy C.asked

How to replace the electric element in a 1988 model 80ge tank?The element is not separable from the round inspection plate.

Fired Up

Check with the company directly as they don’t answer in this Review site.

Michael D.
Michael D.asked

The panels look really dirty. What is the best way to clean them?

barry power
barry power

can the cover on the tank be replaced if hail damage exists

SCOFFER
SCOFFERasked

Hi. Could you please advise me of the size of the 10 X heating element cover plate bolts (6 + 4 bolts). They are so badly rusted I am unable to tell the size, but guessing 13mm head and M8 thread and about 15mm thread length.

PS: Great forum

can the solar panels be replaced in my unit the tank seems ok

Donna
Donnaasked

Hello.
I am going away for 3mths and have a 300L roof solarhart system on my roof. I am concerned about hot water leaking off my roof excessively. What should I do to prevent this?
Should I turn off hot water fuse in electricity box meter and turn off internal hot water booster in house and/or should I turn water mains off to property or shall this effect the elements in the solar hot water unit.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks Donna

Bev B
Bev Basked

The hot water relief valve outlet on our solahart unit is in an enclosed garden room area. When the emergency relief valve opens boiling water spurts out about 1 1/2 metres into the room. It downloads about 1/3 of the water tank before it stops. A representative from solahart has informed us that the unit is installed correctly. Can this be correct? We are concerned someone will be scalded. It is very dangerous!

ian irvin
ian irvin

when I had a solar hot water unit it had the relief valve connected to the spouting this let hot water return to tanks but I also fitted a blind and when was over 30 I would block off some of the collectors but it is also possible to have the tank fitted with a control to stop this solar hart can supply

Jillasked

My solar hot water overflow has been running for hours. Tried turning the mains water off but the overflow water keeps running

mophead
mophead

This happened to our solar hot water system shortly after it had been installed. We had to call a plumber to fix the problem. We would like to replace our system but would not go for solar again. In winter we have to run system on day rate to have enough hot water to last for the day.

Jill

Called plumber. It was the valve. Workmanship plus parts and get $255. Fixed but will have a high water bill. I love my solar. Had it 4 years. Water always hot. Have 5 panels and was getting credit but last couple of bills had to pay but still a lot less than b4 solar

phantom
phantomasked

hi. just bought a place with a 1988 solarhart which works fine. after a couple of dull days i turned on the water heater switch, after 24 hrs the water temp was the same, the fuse is ok,would this be the element ?

dick
dick

your thermostat may not be working ask a electricion to check it.

Pete
Peteasked

How do you turn up the hot water, it seems warm at tap level I have a 315L roof mounted unit.
Can you please advise if there is a tap on the roof unit I need to turn up?

Glenn
Glennasked

I'm chasing parts to replace in my existing solar-hart hot water system, and I'm getting the run around with suppliers wanting to come out and do the job instead of just supplying what I need. Can anyone refer me to a supplier that will sell me parts in Brisbane without the sales pitch that it must be done by a registered plumber? No offence to plumbers, but I am a tradie and need to save on the costs of having to get this done in the first place.
Thanks very much in advance.
Glenn.

tupou
tupouasked

why does the water comes out but still cold?

Louis
Louisasked

Hi so the lights on the booster pump at the hwu are not flashing or anything i have tested the power supply and its fine is their a fuse inside of it or something?

Sciling
Sciling

I have an Aldi water pump connected to my Rain-water tank, is maintains constant output pressure, two pressure sensors control the function of the pump, one measures output pressure and is in the outlet reservoir of the pump, the other measures the input pressure just after the input filter and turns the system off if the filter is blocked. Check your input filter, clean it regularly depending on the quality of the water you receive.

lanlow 55asked

2016 Solahart 302 ltr system, roofmounted. has anyone had an issue with a thunderous noise on hot days ?
Comes from the unit when the hot water tap is turned on during hottest part of the day (in Queensland). Apparently
(according to the plumber) the water boils to 85 deg and when cool water goes in to refill this causes a
reaction, resulting in a thunderous noise. Quite scary. Hoping for a solution. thanks

jim
jim

Hi there, I live in an area of fairly intense summer sunshine and have had similar problems with my solahart. I think what happens is you turn on the tap, the pressure in the tank drops slightly and this allows it to boil. It is not a particularly good situation as the pressure fluctuations and heat could possibly stress the system ultimately causing leaks. It can also lead to hydrogen build up under some circumstances due to decomposition of the anode. You need to cool it down. A cheap low tech solution is to cover the panels partially or completely with shade cloth during the hottest time of year. A bit of experimentation should enable you to find the correct amount of shading needed. Jim

lanlow 55

Thank you Jim for your suggestion. We think this is what will need to happen. Just hope Solahart foot the bill to add retractable blinds
to the unit..should this be the only solution.

Bill Jones
Bill Jones

My 302L hot water system developed a noise the last few years ,(only when the sun is out on a clear day and the collectors get HOT ).

When we turn on any of the Hot taps the water coming out of the tap slows and completely stops for up to 20 seconds ( depending how hot the day is ) then a loud humming/hammering noise goes on till the water starts to run again, then this wont happen again for an hour or so later .
Now ,none of this occurs during an overcast day, night time or before say 10 am.
The noise is in the cold water pipe just before the system .

I have had the Temp valve removed , replaced a non return valve , installed a Water Hammer Arrestor , none has fixed the problem although each has changed the tone of the noise.

"Then i had the idea it was too much water pressure" So did a water pressure test and it was 800kp ( household water pressure should be no more than 500kp) .

Fitted a water pressure limiter valve to the boundary "Right angle one" FIXED THE PROBLEM NO NOISE !!!

Get an answer from our members and Solahart representatives

Other Solar Water Heaters