Verified🏆 2024 Award

4.5

Linda
LindaSydney, NSW4 posts

SCTI - highly recommended

My recent trip to the Kimberley was disrupted by extreme weather conditions and a significant portion wasn't able to be undertaken. I put in a claim online to SCTI on Friday and on Monday I had a response that it had been assessed and approved. Submitting online was very straightforward and quick and the prompt response was greatly appreciated.

Based on my experience with SCTI, both with the cost of the premium and the claiming process, I have no hesitation in recommending SCTI for travel insurance. Show details ·  1

John R.
John R.
  Domestic Travel Insurance

Congratulations to SCTI for a very satisfactory experience

SCTI handled my claim for a medical cancellation of a fully prepaid and expensive group tour by my wife and myself to a remote part of Australia. The claim was very professionally and sympathetically handled by the claims department on a personal basis and was fully met promptly once all the required information was provided. Policy was also good value Show details ·  1
Scott
ScottDarwin, NT
  Verified Domestic Travel Insurance

5 stars, no hassle claims

Jetstar cancelled a flight last minute (again) fortunately I had SCTI domestic insurance. $5k for flights and $950 for a forfeiture of a houseboat all covered. Claim was processed in 10 days, no hassles. This is why I have been using them for over a decade. 5 stars! Show details ·  1
Sheila
SheilaPerth, WA2 posts

Limited illness cancellation reasons

Cancellation for any relevant person (including travel companion or close relatives at home) only covered if terminal illness, hospital impatient etc. Change of circumstances, such as recovering from major accident, so you or travel companion is unfit to travel, or requiring you remain at home to care for close relative is not covered. Show details
Wendy
WendyHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Will use again

Unfortunately we had to use our insurance, for the very first time, due to cancellation of flight because of weather. My questions were answered by pleasant phone staff and claim easy to lodge online. The true test of any insurance is when you have to use it and in this instance I could not have been happier. Show details ·  1
Megan
Megan
Camilla La Fleur
Camilla La FleurSydney, NSW

Claim keeps dragging on

Made a claim for domestic travel insurance as I had a bag stolen from me on my trip. Provided everything they asked for, police report and receipts. The claim assessor took a long time responding and now it’s even dragging on even longer. Do not get insurance through SCTI, they just keep you waiting and it seems they are trying to avoid approving claims at any cost. They also come across as cold and don’t seem to care about you or your loss. Show details
David L.
David L.2 posts

Excellent service and outcome

Thank you, Southern Cross for your excellent service. I cannot fault the way you dealt with my claim and will be sure to use you the next time I need travel insurance. Your prices are very affordable, and I have no hesitation in recommending your service. Show details
Kelly Alards
Kelly AlardsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend

Easy online application and acceptance process. Concise coverage offered. Highly recommend Show details
Trevor Thompson
Trevor ThompsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Southern Cross Domestic Travel Insurance

Obtaining the policy was quick and easier and value for money. We have needed to make a claim in the past and this was handled quickly and professionally with prompt settlement of our claim. We always use Southern Cross for both domestic and international travel Show details
soco01
soco01South East Queensland, QLD14 posts
  Verified Domestic Travel Insurance

Fair Priced Insurance, but didn't have a claim

Like all insurance policies, you can never really tell how good it is until you need to claim on it. Fortunately, we've been travelling a few times domestically and internationally and have never needed to make a claim. We found that most times, Southern Cross Travel Insurance has fair-priced policies and the cover suits our needs quite well. From many reviews, we also have more confidence that they will be better to deal with if we need to claim one day. Show details
Kerry L.
Kerry L.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent company

Took out Southern Cross Travel insurance for our recent trip to Sydney. Obtaining the travel insurance was very simple. The price was right.
Fortunately,all went well with our holiday so we didn't need to make a claim,but I felt comfortable knowing they were just a phone call away if we needed them. Show details ·  1
Sandy_Craig
Sandy_CraigGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great value

Although I didn't need to file any claims, the insurance was comprehensive and well priced. The process was simple and went smoothly. I'm planning to use it again for my next holiday. Show details ·  1
Wendy
WendyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Great Cover

I have used your company many times over the years and find it's the only one that will cover my husbands numerous health issues at a reasonable price, the cost of travel insurance, for people with health issues, on top of a holiday can be very expensive but I wouldn't travel without it - Thank you for making holidays possible. Show details ·  1
AIA
AIA
  Domestic Travel Insurance

Happy with the service and get the claim back

I recently went to Melbourne but upon returning back, I was late by 2 mins to drop my luggage with Jetstar so I have to pay for the next flight. I submitted the claim and got my money back. Submitted the claim on July 21st and got emailed back on 3rd of August. It's more than 10 days but I'm okay with that. Show details ·  1

Julie K. · Domestic Travel Insurance

We are planning to go on cruise around Australia for 28 days. Which plans should we take,that covers, medical, cancellation, lost of luggage etc. Kind regards, Juliana

Julie K.

Good morning Hugo, I'm looking for an insurance cover on cruising around Australia. I would like to know if Domestic covers when you got medical problems at sea and need emergency evacuation.

Southern Cross Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Julie. Thanks for your questions about cruises around Australia. Please email us at info@scti.com.au and we'll look into covering you for your domestic cruise. Take care - Claire@SCTI.

Michael D.
Michael D. · Domestic Travel Insurance

Does the International (Indonesia) medical only cover you if you are hospitalised with Covid related illness.

Pook
Pook · Domestic Travel Insurance

if a flight is cancelled im aware the airline will refund on most occasions but if they reschedule a flight that no longer suits does domestic travel insurance cover the cost of having to cancel the flight and accommodation or just the accommodation and how much do you get back ie accommodation is $1200 would I get all that back with insurance or only part of it?

Compare all Southern Cross Travel Insurance listings
Get a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a Quote
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits Ltd
Maximum Age Covered 118 years old118 years old118 years old118 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance Not IncludedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$50,000$25,000$50,000
Emergency DentalNot Included$2,000$2,000$2,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 20 weeks24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$3,000$3,000$3,000$3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesNot CoveredUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$6,500Not Included$6,500
Permanent Disability$25,000$50,000Not Included$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$500Not Included$500
Delayed Luggage $1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $750$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)Not Included$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $15,000$25,000Not Included$25,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $2,500,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $6,000$10,000Not Included$10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedOptional add-on up to 200ccNot IncludedOptional add-on up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care $500$1000Not Included$1000
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseNot IncludedOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional Extra
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiNot IncludedOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more

Visit Official Website