Verified🏆 2024 Award

4.2

Naomi
NaomiPerth, WA3 posts

My experience with Southern Cross travel insurance

I’ve used Southern Cross travel insurance for some years. Although I didn’t have to submit a claim, I was very happy with the attitude and the price. Show details ·  1
happy customer
happy customerCanberra 2600, ACT

Easy Claims Process with Good Outcome

Most friends rolled their eyes when I said I had to make a Travel Insurance Claim, but this was definitely not my experience with SCTI. The claims process was easy and quickly resolved and I was very happy with the outcome. My policy was good value and I am super glad I invested in A Multi Trip Package. I will definitely use SCTI again. Show details ·  1
Alex
Alex

INCREDIBLE SERVICE AND SUPER COMPASSIONATE

This has been the best insurance company I've ever been with. I had to claim twice and both times were super clean and quick. Thank you for being so compassionate and helpful. I'll definitely be buying another package as I travel alot and really appreciate a good service Show details ·  1
Barbara
Barbara3 posts
  International Comprehensive

Comprehensive policy with fair, transparent claims process

Trustworthy company who are there for you when you need to make a claim. Great communication throughout the process, fair replacement costs and good follow up afterwards. I would highly recommend this company to you. No issues being 70+ either. Show details ·  1
Elsie C.
Elsie C.Perth, WA
  Fair Incentive International Comprehensive

Good I had no need to use but was peace of mind

I had no need to use the insurance but it was peace of mind Show details ·  1
Google U.
Google U.2 posts

Impressed

After calling around a few different insurers to get quotes for a 6 week, multi-stop international trip for my son and I, I chose SCTI. They were very easy to get hold of, lovely on the phone, very clear as to what was covered and what was not. Their price was good and I was confident I had all the info I needed. After my trip I only needed to claim for one medical cost of around $200. I put the claim in easily online and uploaded the necessary docs, and it was processed within 24 hours! After deducting the $100 excess, they paid the balance out to me. I was really impressed with how quick and easy it was, and I will always use them in the future. Show details ·  1
David W
David WSouthwest, VIC
  Verified International Comprehensive

Quick and favorable resolution to claim

I had to cancel an overseas holiday due to a medical condition which was only recently diagnosed.
I lodged a claim with Southern Cross about 3 weeks ago and it has been assessed and I am delighted with the outcome. I recommend this company to every traveller, especially their Annual Multi-Trip policy. Show details
Ed
Ed9 posts
Ecpaul
EcpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts

Resolution of claim

I purchased a multi-trip policy for around $11000 for my wife and me. We both experienced a flu infection and received excellent treatment from the doctors on the cruise ship. The claim was straightforward and submitted to SCTI. We were refunded the amount we claimed so we are happy with SCTI.

What attracted me to SCTI (and I may be wrong about this) is that they do not appear to be agents for another insurance company but underwrite the insurance themselves. Show details

Coral See
Coral See
  International Comprehensive

A necessity in these times

First time used this company. I had no problems abroad. The test for travel insurance is how your claims are dealt with. Hope I never have to find out. Show details
Michelle
Michelle
  International Comprehensive

Bit complicated as far as the medical component goes

I chose Southern Cross because it’s award winning, however, as I don’t have any medical conditions I was a bit confused. You have to reveal anything that you’ve been to the Doctors for in the last 2 years. I tried to ring to ask what if you’ve just been for inconsequential things. Like I’ve been for menopause things - hot flushes etc. They then charged me extra to add menopause to my policy which I thought was absolutely ludicrous. How is that going to impact my travel? So a bit over the top and I probably won’t use them again. Show details
Vesna
VesnaSydney, NSW2 posts

Great to be with Souther Cross Insurance

First time I used this company. It was easy to set up, did not use on travels not needed.thank you Show details ·  1
Scott B.
Scott B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts
  Verified International Comprehensive

Extremely happy with SCTI

We had to make two separate claims for cancelled flights and both times SCTI were so helpful. They were empathetic and helpful when guiding us through the new bookings and really efficient when processing our claim. Their PDS is really easy to read and unambiguous. It's hard to believe I am writing about an insurance company but they really were great to deal with. We will only book with Southern Cross Travel Insurance in the future. Travelling with small children and having piece of mind that we were covered made the trip very relaxing. Show details ·  1
Ellen C.
Ellen C.

Excellent service

I needed cover as I have I’ll family members & southern Cross come to the rescue ! Show details ·  1
Shauna V
Shauna VGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Extremely Quick Result

Lodged my claim on a Friday. Received an email saying that the claim could take up to 10 working days and received an email the following Wednesday that my claim had been processed and the money paid to my account. Can’t get better than that. Show details ·  1

Michael downes
Michael downes · International Comprehensive (Annual Multi-Trip)

I am 79 can i get cover

Bob A.
Bob A. · International Comprehensive (Annual Multi-Trip)

My wife and I are looking at yr Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance.

Will we be covered if my wife and I (named Adults on Policy) travel together on SOME trips, BUT we may travel on our own during the year, ie without the other?

(Ive looked but can’t find this scenario in the PDS)

Southern Cross Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Bob. Thank you for your question about travelling separately when on the same Annual Multi-trip policy. You are welcome to do this. The policy can be used by just one of the persons insured if they are travelling alone. Thanks, Hugo@SCTI.

MandyL
MandyL · International Comprehensive (Annual Multi-Trip)

With an annual policy, what countries do you include if you don't yet know where you are going on later trips? Can this be modified at a later date as the countries you put down can affect the premium significantly .

Compare all Southern Cross Travel Insurance listings
Get a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a Quote
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits Ltd
Maximum Age Covered 118 years old118 years old118 years old118 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Included
Accidental Death$50,000$50,000$25,000$25,000
Emergency Dental$2,000$2,000$2,000Not Included
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks24 weeks20 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$3,000$3,000$3,000$3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedNot Covered
Loss of Income$6,500$6,500Not IncludedNot Included
Permanent Disability$50,000$50,000Not Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500$500Not IncludedNot Included
Delayed Luggage $1,000$1,000Not Included$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)Not Included$750
Luggage & Personal Effects $25,000$25,000Not Included$15,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$1,000,000$2,500,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $10,000$10,000Not Included$6,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional add-on up to 200ccOptional add-on up to 200ccNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care $1000$1000Not Included$500
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot Included
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot Included
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more

Visit Official Website