Southern Cross International Comprehensive (Single Trip)
Part of Southern Cross Travel Insurance  4.7 (3,046)

Southern Cross International Comprehensive (Single Trip)

Verified🏆 2024 Award

• 1-2 weeks (42)
  • 2-4 weeks (25)
  • 1-2 months (6)
  • 3+ months (2)
Claim ApprovedYes (88) · No (2)
See the Best Travel Insurance in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Southern Cross Travel Insuranc › International Comprehensive (Single Trip)214 reviews
Mojo
MojoVICGoulburn Valley, VIC3 posts

Travel Insurance is a must

We booked travel and cruise insurance online.
It was straightforward to use and gave us peace of mind to know if anything had gone wrong, we would have been covered.
We were happy with the price and dealing with an Australian company.
We didn't need to use the insurance. Show details
Shelley
ShelleyVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified International Comprehensive

Easy to apply with great coverage

It was very easy to apply & very competitive in price. We were recommended by friends to use Southern Cross Show details
Gregg H.
Gregg H.5 posts
  International Comprehensive

Pay for insurance cover you will never get

NZ to Bali flight change through jetstar, claim summited 2 months ago and have received no correspondence from southern cross ..will never use again Show details
Tim S.
Tim S.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

WARNING: YOUR IN HIGH PROBABILITY NOT COVERED ON A CRUISE

Even with the optional cruise cover included, your not covered. Had a read of their PDS, and in their fine print page 82, section E31, as soon as you have a beer or consume any alcohol, you have null and voided your entire policy if you need medical attention. Who goes on a cruise to be sober the whole time? Not very transparent and logical to have this, other than to decline people saying you should of known. Buyers be warned. Show details
Leigh A.
Leigh A.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  International Comprehensive

Reasonable pricing but didn't have to make a claim

They were one of the cheapest for travel through Thailand and Vietnam, so reasonable pricing. However didn't have to make a claim which is always the real test. Show details ·  1
Monika
MonikaACTCanberra Central 2601, ACT
  International Comprehensive

No claim required but felt it would have been straightforward

See above for my comment. The application was straightforward and extending my cover was easy. Show details ·  1
Kooky K.
Kooky K.SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
Fortunate
FortunateNSWSydney, NSW

Amazing Service

Unfortunately got ill a week after into my holiday abroad.

I was horribly ill . The whole situation was handled very professionally and swift by Southern Cross.

They regularly kept in touch with me all the time . Until i was out of hospital and safely back home .

I would give them a 10 Star Review. Show details ·  1

Raymond
RaymondWAPerth, WA2 posts

Easy to deal with !!!

I always take out travel insurance and never expect to claim, but the worst happened before the trip where our daughter was admitted to hospital and we could not travel. We lodged the claim with supporting documentation online and it was processed and paid within 10 days. Will definitely use Southern Cross Travel Insurance again next time we travel. Show details ·  1
Suzanne Bongioletti
Suzanne BongiolettiDevonport2 posts

Wonderful travel insurance experience

I almost never take out travel insurance for domestic travel but felt uneasy with the airline I had booked with , I decided to rebook another flight as my return flight was already booked, thank goodness I went with my intuition.
I decided to call SCTI because they had given me a refund on a flight I couldn’t take because of COVID, this restored my faith in insurance.
As it turned out I did need to claim as the original flight I booked never took off, I was so relieved I had insurance.
I couldn’t fault the customer service I received from start to finish it was stress free, so many of my friends were impressed with my outcome .
I can’t recommend SCTI highly enough, thank you . Show details ·  1
Grateful Policy Holder
Grateful Policy Holder

Honourable Reliable company

For my policy, I paid extra for pre-existing medical conditions-but not as much as other companies had quoted.
On a cruise, I contracted Covid and had large medical expenses for a stay in the medical centre.
SCTI covered these expenses in full. My claim was resolved within three weeks. Communication was clear and attentive. Detailed evidence was, of course, required. Perfectly reasonable.
I give an unhesitating recommendation for an excellent company! I will always use SCTI. Show details ·  1
Kim T
Kim T2 posts

Easy Travel Insurance

Easy to navigate web site and obtain competitive pricing, with like for like inclusions. Show details ·  1
Ollie
Ollie

SCTI is amazing !!

I travel quite a bit and always use SCTI. I never thought I’d have to make a claim but this time I had to. Their phone app is very user friendly and submitting a claim was so easy. All the claims staff were amazing and the process was very simple. All in all the process took just under 3 weeks and I couldn’t be more happy. Will always recommend SCTI to everyone who travels Show details ·  1
Domo
DomoVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts
Jack from Australia
Jack from Australia

Complete comfort

I traveled to Johannesburg South Africa with the comfort of affordable Southern Cross comprehensive travel insurance. The insurance was extremely good value for money and fortunately I had no need to call upon it. It nevertheless allowed me to travel with complete comfort and will certainly buy it again on my next overseas trip Show details ·  1

Rod Woodham
Rod Woodham · International Comprehensive (Single Trip)

We are going on a European river cruise, and on some policies we do not need to take out cruise add on option. Is this the case with Southern Cross?
Thanks,
Rod

Lyn
Lyn · International Comprehensive (Single Trip)

There has been a lot of reports of people falling while of holidays and because they have had a drink they are not covered. I have looked at your manual and it is not clear. What do you deem as under the influence

Wendy
Wendy
Nat W.
Nat W. · International Comprehensive (Single Trip)

I have been comparing your personal liability amount of $1 million each person with other policies that offer $5 million each person. Is $1 million sufficient coverage? I cant see anywhere that I can increase it? Thanks

Chris57
Chris57

Sorry I wouldn’t know, I’m a customer of SCTI, I don’t work for them.

Southern Cross Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Nat. Thanks for your question. We don't currently offer an option to increase this amount, but we appreciate your feedback. $1 million is generally considered sufficient for personal liability. Take care- Claire@SCTI.

Nat W.

Thanks Claire, whilst your company has impressive reviews, I was worried that your company doesnt cover personal liability in the motorcycle/moped extra cover.

Compare all Southern Cross Travel Insurance listings
Get a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a Quote
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits Ltd
Maximum Age Covered 118 years old118 years old118 years old118 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$50,000$25,000$25,000$50,000
Emergency Dental$2,000$2,000Not Included$2,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks20 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$3,000$3,000$3,000$3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of Income$6,500Not IncludedNot Included$6,500
Permanent Disability$50,000Not Included$25,000$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500Not IncludedNot Included$500
Delayed Luggage $1,000Not Included$1,000$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)Not Included$750$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $25,000Not Included$15,000$25,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$2,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess $10,000Not Included$6,000$10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Optional add-on up to 200ccNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional add-on up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care $1000Not Included$500$1000
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional Extra
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraNot IncludedNot IncludedOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more

Extra Information