Verified🏆 2024 Award

Mike Graham
Mike GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive International Medical Only Travel Insurance

VIETNAM HOLIDAY

First time using Southern Cross.
From my first phone call, very helpful and made the whole process much easier… Show details ·  1
Sue parnham
Sue parnham

Experience

We only took out medical insurance. Fortunately we did not need to make a claim. Website and policy easy to use and understand. Show details ·  1
Darron
Darron

Great customer service

This was great value for money medical only travel insurance and customer service regarding my claim was excellent. Thanks Megan. Will recommend SCTI to my family and friends. Show details ·  1
Jim
Jim

Hong Kong TripAs we have a relative in Hong Kong we only needed medical only

The policy was good value and was very easy to setup Show details ·  1
Peter Wakefield
Peter Wakefield6 posts

Peace of Mind

Spent a considerable time looking for medical travel insurance but most wanted you to take out full comprehensive which was quite expensive due to our age and pre-existing medical conditions. Found the Southern Cross cover which was perfect for our needs, not cheap but much better than full comprehensive. The process of obtaining cover was simple and the ability to select pre-existing medical conditions easy to follow. Can't comment on claims experience as fortunately it was not required. Have another tip in April and will be using Southern Cross again. Show details ·  1
Hoppy and Robyn
Hoppy and Robyn
  Verified International Medical Only Travel Insurance

Appeared to be good Cover

Thankfully, we did NOT make any claims, so we can not truly assess the quality of the insurance cover and can only trust that it would have met our expectations should we have needed to make a claim.
We easily added additional countries to our cover whilst overseas without difficulty or additional fees which was great service. Show details ·  1
Steve E
Steve ESydney, NSW9 posts
  International Medical Only Travel Insurance

A good option for cover for health

We took this option for health only as our luggage and effects are really not worth much more than an excess for a comprehensive policy. Any travel issues such as delays are normally corrected by the airline and we were not constricted by any potential date problems. Show details
Fellowtraveller2
Fellowtraveller2
  International Medical Only Travel Insurance

Fortunately I did not need to claim

I will only be able to say how good the policy is if I needed to claim. My policy covered Medical Only , which was my main concern.It was good value for money, and I have used SC several times before, due to their good reputation.I hope I do not need to claim, but it is reassuring to know that help will be there if required. Show details
Des
DesSydney, NSW7 posts
  International Medical Only Travel Insurance

A good option. History and loyalty ignored

The international medical insurance is a good option versus comprehensive insurance. However, I find that SCTI do not account for History and loyalty. I have taken full comprehensive insurance with SCTI for many many years and NEVER had a claim. Yet, their pricing does not reward for this. This is not how an organisation 'anchors' customers. Show details
Southern Cross Travel Insurance   DM

Hi Des. Thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback on no-claims benefits and will pass this on to our relevant teams. All the best, Claire@SCTI.

Lizzy
Lizzy2 posts

Great travel insurance

We have used SCT insurance twice, we had to extend the length of our policy due to flight cancelations. I was very happy with the fast response and the ease of extending the policy. Show details
Dayanthie De silva
Dayanthie De silva

Good product

Reasonably priced - however could be a bit more competitive in the price Show details
Dot
Dot

Didn’t have a claim

Easy application, had to do an assessment on line it was easy. I did not have any claims. I was very happy with the product and price. I have used this company 2-3 times before, haven’t had any claims. Show details ·  1
Sandra
SandraSydney4 posts

Not used thankfully

I travelled to US with trepidation as I had heard medical expenses were high. I contracted pneumonia while away but did not need to call on my insurance. It was good to know it was there however. Show details ·  1
Janno
JannoSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  International Medical Only Travel Insurance

Very comfortable knowing I was covered

Very easy to access.Covered any Medical Conditions .Impressive that it covered people over 80 ! Show details ·  1

Jules
Jules · International Medical Only Travel Insurance

I am 78, fit and well, with no pre-existing medical conditions. However I HAVE been prescribed medications for preventing the onset of Type 11 Diabetes and (which I control by diet), cholesterol (also controlled by diet). I am planning a tour of New Zealand south island which includes some moderate walking but no extreme activities. I find the section about having been to doctors etc in the past three years a bit confusing - certainly I have been but for maintenance and prevention, not actual illness.

Ses · International Medical Only Travel Insurance

medical only insurance: does it will covered cost for hospital bed, doctor, ambulance{ or medicine only???

I am happy to read the reviews from the 3 claimers

Compare all Southern Cross Travel Insurance listings
Get a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a QuoteGet a Quote
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
UnderwriterSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits LtdSouthern Cross Benefits Ltd
Maximum Age Covered 118 years old118 years old118 years old118 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedNot IncludedUnlimited
Accidental Death$25,000$50,000$25,000$50,000
Emergency Dental$2,000$2,000Not Included$2,000
Pregnancy (max weeks) 24 weeks24 weeks20 weeks24 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash Allowance$3,000$3,000$3,000$3,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedNot CoveredUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$6,500Not Included$6,500
Permanent DisabilityNot Included$50,000$25,000$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not Included$500Not Included$500
Delayed Luggage Not Included$1,000$1,000$1,000
Maximum Single Item Limit Not Included$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)$750$3,000 (Laptops, Tablets, Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects Not Included$25,000$15,000$25,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,000,000$1,000,000$2,500,000$1,000,000
Rental Vehicle Excess Not Included$10,000$6,000$10,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedOptional add-on up to 200ccNot IncludedOptional add-on up to 200cc
Domestic Pet Care Not Included$1000$500$1000
Special Activities Packages
GolfNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
CruiseNot IncludedOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional Extra
Adventure Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Snow / SkiNot IncludedOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional Extra
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 2 more

Visit Official Website