Listing monitored by Southern Phone

• Adequate Speeds Yes (88) · No (200)

Josh
JoshSydney, NSW

Rough start but connected within three days

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Impossible to leave

They have continued to send invoices since I cancelled my NBN service.
The items charged are for services not provided.
Each of the last 3 months I have phoned and been "assured" by customer service that the account has been cleared. I received an email last month apologizing and assuring "You will not receive any future invoice from Southern Phone." Naturally, I received another invoice this month.

Hi Kenn,
I am really sorry to hear that you have still been receiving invoices.
If you can please send through your account number i will have a look at this for you.

Leela
LeelaSydney, NSW

Liars. Teams are not interested in assisting

Check your NBN plan!!!

I signed up for 100/40 plan 7 years ago (before Southern Phone) when Southern Phone took over asyium they offered me the same speed plan and gave me a discount free for 2 months (with a 500gb limited download and speed cap), since then i have never checked my internet account. Recently due to lockdown I have to work from home and I noticed that my speed is not as fast as before, when I login to my account online i can't see any plan information I have to call support to find out that i am on an 25/5 speed instead of 100/40. I was paying $90 per month on 25/5 speed for years. They can't even tell me when my plan was downgraded and support took more than 30min to get hold of. NOT HAPPY!!!!

Hi William,
I am really sorry to hear that this has occurred and for the delays when contacting us currently.

William G.
William G.

ACC109925 / ( Just a suggestion, in account detail (or any other place) please put information like what plan i am on and cost per month in there so i don't have to call support to find out.. !)

MarcusDarling Downs, QLD

Ongoing issues-poor feedback

Hi Marcus,
I am really sorry to hear that you have been charged twice on your account.
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?

Marcus

Hi Dakota. We did actually get that part of the issue resolved, hence why I increased the rating a little in my edit to the comment. But thank you for getting in touch.

Hi Marcus,
I am glad to hear that this issue has been resolved!
Please if you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.
- Dakota

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Anu
AnuMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Never recommend to anyone

No reply for queries for weeks. Very poor customer service. Internet connection was so slow or even dropping all the time. Same devices worked for closer network well when compared to southern phone

Hi Anu,
I am really sorry to hear that you have not yet had a response and that your internet connection is not working as it should be.
If you can please confirm your account number we will look into this for you.

tinaquinnSouth East Queensland, QLD

You may die of old age before they answer your call..

Beyond disappointed. You try and ring and after being on hold for around an hour and finally getting to caller number 3 the music mutes and call disconnects . This happens a lot.... if I ever get through it will most likely be my last call as I have been Internet Service Provider shopping while on hold for over the past hour and Aussie Broadband is looking very good :/

Hi Tina,
I am really sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting through to us and that you are experiencing issues with your service.
If you can please confirm your Account Number we will look into this for you.

tinaquinn

Thanks Dakota, once I finally got through the Tech guy was helpful but wait times and getting disconnected after waiting for nearly an hour is really disappointing and frustrating.

jossmcbossMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Egregious and dangerous for the elderly

Finlay W.North Queensland, QLD

Dead company 0/5 WARNING

Finlay W.

No need! We will be canceling our nbn and all phone plans. We aren’t fans of constant 12 hour outages anyway. (Especially during a global pandemic). We have instead switched to barefoot telecom which I Highly recommend.

Hi Finlay,
I am sorry that you feel this way. If you require any further assistance, please let us know.
- Shelby

Junior91
Junior91

Wish I could go lower than one star

Horrendous connection, haven't been able to connect wifi to our mobile phones for almost 6 months, netflix constantly drops out, cant connect to playstation - only works consistently when working from home during the day, which has been an absolute charm working through the night with international clients...... Was overcharged by $10 a month for the first 6 months, and last month was charged a late fee for not paying a late fee that was incorrectly applied to my account. Absolute mess, surprised the company is still above water.

Hi,
I am really sorry to hear that the service is not working as it should be and that you have been charged for a Late Payment Fee.
So we can look into this for you can you please confirm your Account Number?

Michael J.Illawarra, NSW

Absolute rip off

Don't respond

Even after agreeing to settle dispute after going to ombudsman and sending email with bank details I get no response and no refund
I'm going back to ombudsman
Warning stay away from this company
Always a minimum 20 minute wait to get through to customer service

Robert
Robert

Dakota i sent you an email with my bank details, it just shows no one in this company knows what their doing

Hi Robert,
So i can locate your account and the emails you have sent through can you please respond with your Account Number?

William W.
William W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Shithouse, cant stream the footy! Customer service cant help. Change providers or avoid. There's better and cheaper

Drop outs. Poor customer service. Cant stream footy. Hot spot on my phone works much better. Customer service cant help you. There is better and cheaper avaiable, so shop around.

Luke
LukeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful Service and Waste of my time NOT RECOMMENDED!!

Tyler C.
Tyler C.Mid North Coast, NSW

Shocking

I’ve been with southernphone for a while now and I’ve always had great internet service and speeds out at home as soon as I got it activated in 2019. At my new place I had it for a week or so and it was not working it was slow and I had no internet for three days I canceled online and wasn’t impressed when I actually thought you guys where so good since I’ve had you guys since 2019

Read more reviews - page 2See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews

Vicki
Vickiasked
NBN 12/1 (Basic)

Hi, is the internet nbn still down. I've had no wifi or internet since the power went down 31st dec. Hope I'm going to being reimbursed and I cant keep sitting on phone waiting for someone to answer.

Good morning Vicki,
Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that your service is not working at the moment. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so I can assist you further? *Shelby

John007
John007asked
NBN

After changing address to a NBN ready retirement village, my folks keep receiving an sms from SP asking them to fill in a form on the NBN site re "new developers" . I've looked everywhere on the site for this form that a resident might fill in. Can't for the life of me find it. Asked SP for further info to clarify this, and they just keep sending the same message. No help. The NBN site, moreover, indicates the ISP is meant to confirm the permission from the owners of the village. This has gone on for a month. Can someone help with this? SP certainly doesn't seem to be able to; they can still send the full bill though - they don't have a problem with doing that.

Sharon l
Sharon l

Hi john007 i sat on phone for a while to talk to actual person when I had a problem which was then dealt with easier than getting frustrated online their response was great sorted out and followed up although the call wait was 15min.put phone on speaker keep listening while doing something else. .im sure they will adjust your bill when they help you.

Hello John,
Your parent's new address is not currently listed with NBN, this means providers are unable to complete the connection. To begin the process of registering your parent's address, you will need to complete the Pre-Qualification form online at http://www2.nbnco.com.au/industry/new-developments.html or search “Register your new development” on the NBN Co website. Once all relevant documentation has been submitted and completed their address will be assigned a "LOC ID" which is specific to their address to allow us to place an order for NBN. Please don't hesitate to send us a message to socialteam@southernphone.net.au if you have any further questions or concerns. *Yvette

See all Southern Phone Broadband questions