Southern Phone NBN 100 (Max)

Southern Phone NBN 100 (Max)

1.2

• Adequate Speeds Yes (6) · No (16)
Graham W.

Graham W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really poor customer service.

I purchased a 100mbs package on Christmas day. And was advised by email that they would be in touch within 48 hours (business days). After waiting till the 31st, I called to follow up. Waited over 30 mins on hold, then a further 20 or so on the phone with someone who in the end couldn't help. I then recieved a call from someone else advising that the 100mbps package wouldn't work in my area because it is fibre to the node. I said, that's fine, can you just amend the order. She said no, and wanted me to go back online and purchase a different package. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm really annoyed!

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Terrible customer service, rude disinterested staff and worst NBN we have ever had

Chris W.

Chris W.Perth, WA

Terrible Internet and Terrible Customer Service.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone NBN 100 (Max) compares to other Internet Service Providers

AntcomCentral Queensland, QLD

All good until you have a problem- then hopeless customer service.

Antcom

3 months on- they are still billing me. Despite multiple phone calls and reassurances I am disconnected and that they are processing a refund. Absolutely hopeless. As a side note, the other carrier I changed to hasn't missed a beat.

Hi there,
I can totally understand your frustration surrounding the charges. So that I can clear this up for you, can you please respond with your account number? I'll look into this right away.
- Shelby

Terrible service, my parents plugged in the NBN modern and lost home phone and internet

Bad customer service my parents have made numerous calls to southern phone and have had no technical help ,said they would send a new modem , but with no phone line into the house a new modem wont work, plus the customer service person said it must be because they haven't payed there Bill is why they can't connect, when given receipt number they couldn't match it to existing number, going to another provider

Lisa N E.

Lisa N E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Southern transferred my services without my permission

How reliable is my connection.... Umm I don't have one, I had a connection with Telstra that I was more than happy with and then someone from Southern decided it was a good idea to transfer my services to my ex... he wanted the phone number, which just needed a change of ownership filled out - instead Southerm transferred my entire service to him.... and now they are not being helpful whatsoever... and why I am writing this - Good luck with them don't contact them if you need anything done, as their staff are completely incompetent

MelGHunter Region, NSW

Won’t compensate for their errors on the service that caused us not to be able to use internet effectively!

Hi Mel,
I have addressed this issue in a private message.

WilliamDarwin, NT

NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Consistently atrocious speed. Darwin NT

Since October 2019 the service speed we pay for 100/40 has been breathtakingly DISGRACEFUL!
Why isn't the Regulator all over this level of service like a rash?
Drop outs rarely - its just consistently slow. New modems, field visit from NBNco, phone complaints etc. ITS a DUD!

Appalling customer service

ripped off

ripped offGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible staff training and resolutions.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Stay away!!! very bad service and product

I was with amaysim and very happy but then they no longer offer NBN service then I was converted to shouthernphone. There was one weekend that I don't have internet service at all. They autodebit system seems flawed. Manual payment does not rectify issue immediately and the worst of the worst I made disconnection on my prepaid service but they didn't refund the money although I haven't use it.

AmelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible company, service and customer No service.

NBN suddenly stopped working Horrible Customer Service, waiting time just under 3hrs, horrible tech team who make empty promises and are not competent at their job. It was determined that no fault was on my end, it was on their end, however nobody could tell me why or what nor when it will be fixed. Its 5days now. Just spoke with them again and they couldn't tell me any updates nor what the issue is. Nor that there is a strategy to address it. Lucky I'm on no contract, so I'm just signing up with another service provider now.!

Amel

The above response is just a generic response for Southern Phone to appear like they are trying to resolve this for their customers. I responded yesterday immediately and no call, no looking into. Nothing done!

Hello Amel,
I do apologise for the delayed response.
We have now responded to your private message.

When will I get what I pay for?..

I live in country Victoria and my NBN is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike and by that I mean if there is no wind no rain the internet works, start the motorcycle and the ash (NBN) blows from the ashtray.
ADSL was more consistent and faster and I payed less for it, I know that Southern Phones does not have any effect with the NBN technology and in regards the question of dropouts they occur multiple times a day and to the second question about the company is not on my side of the service and the only time I can tell them is when the nbn when it is working.

anita

anitaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Very good, no problems

When we get black outs, my phone is unable to be used when the power comes back on, that is why I have
said that you answer promptly, because the only way it can be switched on is to contact you, and you
switch back on at your end. Have a good day. Anita

Hello Anita,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad to hear that our team were able to assist you so efficiently. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions or concerns in the future. *Yvette

South Australia

South AustraliaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Slow speeds, terrible support. Avoid.

Adrian L.

Adrian L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Speed is slow

Ever since I was transferred from amaysim to this company the internets been slow.
Nah for real Southern phone Fix ya things up man! You can Take money from us but you won't put in work...
Thats lame as hell.

Hi Adrian,
Sounds like your internet is not working as it should. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Are you able to respond to my private message with your account details so we may assist you further? *Shelby

James

James

Get out now

I was with MyNetPhone which was pretty good and provided speeds and service that lived up to its promises and marketing. Then I got transferred to this hot mess of a company and the problems started immediately. My "seamless transition" took 3 days and for that period I was without internet. Don't bother trying to contact them, it will do your head in. Just get online and go to another provider who will churn the service without you ever having to deal with Southern my new service was up and running the same day, just make sure you are out of contract first. My speeds were rubbish, my login details provided no access to account portal. Its a company owned by local councils who appear to have no regard for their customers.

IanAGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

How hard can it be to cancel a service?

I directed Southern Phone to cancel my NBN service on 2 May 2019 and was told the cancellation would happen the next day (Friday) or Monday. Despite the passing of eight days, and follow up calls every day since 7 May (6 of with an average wait time of 40 minutes), nothing has happened and I am still stuck with their terrible evening NBN service (I'm on a 100/40 plan). The matter was 'escalated' on Tuesday 7 May but that doesn't appear to have had any effect.
I cannot adequately convey my frustration at dealing with outfit. I lodged a complaint with the TIO on 9 May. today, after waiting 56 minutes to get answered, I am told "it's in the pipeline, nothing we can do". Just unbelievable!

Hi Shelby- message sent.

Horrible Experience- Stay away

Techdude99
Techdude99

ReinManHobart, TAS

MNF customer transition -Horrible! Abused - called names by phone support person. Billed for no service

ACC120207

Hi ReinMan,
Thanks for that. I can see you have referred this matter to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. One of our TIO specialists should be in contact soon to discuss the best resolution. I again apologise that you were treated that way. *Shelby

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews