Southern Phone NBN 50 (Turbo)

Southern Phone NBN 50 (Turbo)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (26) · No (90)

David

DavidPerth, WA

I'm Leaving Southern Phone - Poor Service, Speed and Transparency

After months of me asking for tech help because of drop outs, slow and variable speed, I discovered it was their CVC. Cheaper to handle complaints than buy more CVC.

Avi P.South East Queensland, QLD

Still getting charged after cancelling

Similar to other reviews, after cancelling the account, I still have been getting charged.
Their internet was terrible. Non-stop dropout.
And now that I changed to different NBN, I am still getting charged. My acc number is ACC240775

I will wait for that.

nevets989Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Worst customer service I've had in almost 20 years of using broadband

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone NBN 50 (Turbo) compares to other Internet Service Providers

Absolute Rubbish! They expect us to be okay with NO INTERNET FOR 2 MONTHS!

Ankit Agarwal
Ankit Agarwal

*** Will never use this service again ***

To start had no problems with the internet then after a couple of months the connection turned to crap the speed was slow always seems to cut out over night. When then put the speed up again it worked fine for a couple of months but yet again we started having issues. Ours came with 5G network and 4G I believe however the 4G stopped working altogether after a couple of months. Would rather pay extra to have a reliable service.

Aaron

AaronCentral, SA

A sham of a company!

JesBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

keeps on charging after contract termination

Have had multiple issues with this company over 2yrs. A month ago I requested for contract termination per 24-11-2020 and they keep charging my CC with 80AUD (incl 10 dollar late pay fee??).

If you consider them; just dont

JesB

Hi Shelby, thanks for your response. Yes it is a shame. Please find my customer nr attached. I hope we can resolve this switfly. ACC107041

Sunny

SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst ever is Southern phone

Extremely poor service. I took it because it was cheaper under employee plan. Yeah I am employee and can't get it fixed. Honestly this is worst ever service !

Save yourself the headache and go with a decent company.

Nauro64Central West, NSW

Stay Away!!!

After cancelling my NBN service I continued to be billed for months. Despite many efforts to stop this they kept billing me. I eventually went to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman in order to obtain a refund. A month after the refund I have now received a bill for further usage and recovery of the refund. Update 05 December 2020 They just sent me another invoice for $149.00. Despite the response I am STILL being billed!

Acc142348

Hi Robert,
I have credited the account and it has been closed. I apologise that this has happened.

TimSydney, NSW

Terrible service, shocking customer support

Constantly dropped NBN connection to the point of being unusable. I complained and received nothing by way of reply.
When I switched they continued to bill me. I couldn't call through due to wait times, my account number didn't work and they continued to bill me. Absolutely horrible business.
I switched to Aussie Broadband which was a revelation.

Tim

I don't have Glenn's details and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post my account number publically?

Hi Tim,
Apologies, that was a mistake on my part.
If you are not comfortable with sharing your account number publicly, I have sent you a private message, can you please respond with your account details?

Never AgainGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst customer experience I've ever had

A simple billing issue, incorrect address, double charged relocation fee. A physical phone call after a lengthy wait where everyone was supposedly resolved then the next bill shows with no change. Followed by 5+ chat discussions over the past 6 weeks with various operators promising someone will call me to discuss and no one ever calls back. But every time I get an email saying "your request has now been marked solved". As soon as this is sorted I'm heading elsewhere. I'm surprised they're still in business.

ACC161666

Hi there,
Thanks for that information. So that I can look at the relocation fees you were charged, can you tell me if this was charged all on the one statement or whether you received 2x statements with the same charge?

Billing incompetence

Every bill I receive doesn't have the Bpay details.
Have to phone in each month.
Phone service is hideously long. Unacceptable.
Hit with late fee due to there problems with the bill.
Took 5 months to send me email bills after requesting snail mail to be cancelled.
Paid with my card over phone one time and Southern Phone kept my card details and charged me another fee a few days later without my permission.
Do not give your card details to this company under any circumstances.
Slow connection.

Michael P.
Michael P.

Aaron HayesFar North Queensland, QLD

Better communication about outages needed

Terrible

You don't notice a bad ISP until you've had one, and this one is certainly noticeable. Have had more than a dozen wifi outages, most of which have occured outside of their customer service hours, which operates only to 8pm at night, unlike Aussie Broadband for one example which is open to 12. Furthermore, connection drops for a few seconds every 10 minutes or so, consistently, every day of the week. I've tried sticking with Southern Phone but it hasn't gotten better - switching to an ISP who can actually provide wifi. Would not recommend.

Josh
Josh

Hi Shelby,
Unfortunately this has been done every time there has been an outage to no avail. Sorry but the switch to a different provider has already been made.

Good morning Josh,
I am really sorry that we could not resolve this quickly for you and am saddened to hear that you have left us. If you require any further assistance, please let us know. We wish you all the best.

bowchkawowow

bowchkawowowGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible service all round!

Internet had consistent dropouts, called customer service number and was advised that they would credit me an certain amount. Later I find that they direct debited the amount that was meant to be credited and charge me a late fee. I even called and confirmed that the amount multiple times. Trying to get the issue resolved has been absolutely horrific experience, customer service rep gets caught telling straight up lies.

RomiSydney, NSW

Poor and unstable connection speed.

Most of us come here to put bad ratings so, Southern phone is good but due to few reasons I gave them 3 star rating.
Very poor and unstable connection. Spoke to the staff and they can’t fix it. They asked me to cancel my internet connection, if I’m not happy.
Very long queue over the phone.

Hi Romi,
Thanks for that information. I can see some notes previously that advised you were experiencing some slow speeds and dropouts. Have you sent us any speed test results?
- Shelby

AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Worst experience ever. Jerked me around, said I didnt exist in system and then refused to cancel.

Andrew

AndrewNortheast, VIC

Do NOT even consider this company

Diane

Diane

5 year customer

Ok it's been difficult to get through to a customer service person on many occasions but I have always found them to be helpful, and have always been treated with respect.
Great price on bundles but what a painful experience it was when I up graded my plan.
Communication between different departments i.e customer service and accounts was substandard but I hope this was only because of the changes brought about by the Covid situation.

Douglas

Douglas

good internet and happy with results

good connection with no problems such as dropouts etc., it copes well when the kids are gaming and they are a lot happier with the speed and quality of the nbn internet

See all Southern Phone Broadband reviews