Southern Phone Sky Muster

Southern Phone Sky Muster

NBN 25, NBN 12

• Adequate Speeds Yes (5) · No (3)
PCP

PCPSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worse customer service ...and I'm not even a customer yet!

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer service biggest mistake moving

I had an active sky muster service that worked weel till I migrated to southern phones 6 days ago and for 6 days I've been offline with no service and no home phone and I take care of my elderly mother who has some health issue so a phone is extremely important . In 6 days I've received nothing for southern phones except for an offline service. I have called their call centre team multiple times and the attitude and poor service is consistent. No one is interested in taking ownership, yesterday I experienced the worst service with the team member just repeating the same line until I hung up the phone. Even through I explained that my mother is a medical priority assistance customer they just don't care

Start DateMarch 2020
arney p

arney pThe Mallee, VIC

Are always there for tech. support and friendly help.

The problem that I had with our internet was resolved with great help, excellent quality and friendly support by all staff. I would recommend Southern Phone to all my friends and relatives.

Start DateMarch 2017

Hi Arney,
Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying your services. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions in regards to your and/or services. *Darian

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Southern Phone Sky Muster compares to other Internet Service Providers

phil

philGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Save Your Sanity keep away from southern phones

I have been connected for the last three months with southern phones and have never had such poor unreliable service ,then when you want to call somebody to rectify the problems expect a minimum 35 minute wait .disgusting customer service!!!!!! Thank god I've cancelled my service.

Start DateJune 2019

Hi Phil,
I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced trying to contact our team in regards to your service. I have sent you a private message requesting your account number so I can review your account and experience. *Darian

Saffron

Saffron

Left without internet for days

Start DateAugust 2019

TedNorth Western Region, NSW

Worst service

We were changed over to Southern Phone for our fixed wireless nbn after our previous provider Mynetfone sold out or did some deal with them.
The continual service drop outs started almost immediately and to make it worse I have never been able to speak to their service desk without being on hold for at least 45 minutes. Absolute joke. Don’t waste your money because the $10/mth you may think your saving each month will be lost by sitting on the phone for hours trying to get help or buying mobile data because the wifi is out. We bit the bullet and changed providers. Should have done it after the first month. Stay away!!!!!!

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Excellent overall !!

Connection reliable except when raining, then experience drop outs.
Have been with Southern Phone for a few years and left them due to poor service, however have returned as Telstra were worse. This time around, service is so much better :)

Contract Type24-month contract
Nathan D.

Nathan D.Queensland

Very happy with speeds, customer service could be better.

We've had southerphone's satellite NBN service for just over a month now (I suspect it's a re-sold harbourISP product). Installation was pretty quick, however we weren't sent any login details for the service. I spent a good couple of hours on hold on the phone trying to get through to them. After my third call, I got someone who was able to help. So I guess the lesson here is it's a pain to setup, but once it's working, the quality of the product is good. ~25Mbps down is so much better than the 2Mbps we were getting with our old ISP!

Start DateApril 2019
Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Can't contact by phone. Have been with Southern phone for more than 10 years. Service has slipped. Used to be great

Just waited 50 minutes on hold to combine all our lines to Southern.
Will investigate other options. I was given a list of providers for this area by DoDo who were very helpful but don't service this area

Contract Type12-month contract

Hi Pat,
I am so sorry to hear about the wait times you have experienced. I have sent you a private message requesting your account details so I can help you. *Darian

Internet Service Providers

Southern Phone charges and customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Do not use Southern Phone for anything. They lie about the fees, they lie about emailing u, they lie about returning ur calls. Absolutely terrible. 7 weeks and still haven’t had Satellite Internet transferred from Skymesh to Southern Phone. Have been on hold numerous times only to have them answer at exactly 59mins. They have charged me excess fees for both mobiles and the landline. Was told $97/mth for bundle landline, Sat Internet, and 2 mobiles together. So far up to almost $350 for 2 mths. Absolute robbery. Zero communication. Nothing recorded. I thought Skymesh was bad but this company is 1000% worse. I’m changing all my accounts back. Will tell anyone I meet how terrible this company is. DO NOT USE THEM, U WILL REGRET IT!!!

Start DateDecember 2018

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic

Extremely bad service. Very slow. Never return emails. Opened an assessment on my speeds and was told it would take 48hrs to complete. 2 weeks later I contacted them and was told that I couldn't expect any better because if where I live yet my neighbour gets good speeds. I was told I will have to wait until the NBN is upgraded at the end of the year. So I just keep paying for a service I am not getting. The girl on the chat page was unhelpful (ruby) and did not offer any solution. So I am stuck in a contract where I am not getting what I pay for.

Start DateJuly 2018
Contract Type24-month contract
Michelle

Was told today there is nothing you can do it about it until the nbn is upgraded so I have to continue to pay the price for a crappy service and being stuck in a contract means just that, I am stuck.

Sam

SamBendigo

Terrible

Donald

DonaldFrogmore

let down by very poor customer service.

For my purposes the connection has been ok. a little slow at times but generally acceptable. My main problem was not receiving my modem for over 3 weeks and not being able to make contact with so called support. I don't think it is acceptable to be told to wait for 45 minutes to speak to someone who offers platitudes instead of solutions. To be fair once I did make contact with a supervisor my problem was dealt with satisfactorily.
Please employ more people to answer your phones and train your staff thoroughly.

rod

rodJugiong

I wouldn't rate these clowns

Pathetic customer service rarely get a call back. Bills are constantly wrong. Tried for an adsl service they said they couldn't supply. Found out from Telstra technician it could've been done no worries now have to put up with crap nbn satellite. One very ticked off customer. 4 days trying to contact them via both phone email and live chat no wonder the ombudsman hears about them often.

No customer service whatsoever

Could not connect 16 digit number is only 14 on sim no instruction as where number is cant use landline or mobile to get a result going back to telstra never entertain such a poor excuse for a carrier

not happy Jan

not happy Jan

Had a minor issue but it was resolved quickly

Best customer service

Extremely reliable compared to what I have heard about other service providers. I have only experienced one dropout since connecting to the internet and the call centre staff and technicians (who seemed to take a genuine interest in assisting) resolved the issue in under half an hour.

Southern Phone C.Southern Phone

Great to hear that the team were able to fix the issue for you so quickly Cathy! We really appreciate you taking this time to provide your feedback about your experience. I will let our technical team know of your high praise. *Yvette

Cathy
Cathy

Thank you. You really have great staff employed at Southern Phone and I recommend Southern Phone to everyone as an ex-Telstra customer.

It's good for me

I have NBN Satellite it isn't fast but its better than the old system and no dropout so far I'm not interested in the speed Im 80 year old and a bit slow to. Thanks. Bob

Hi Bob,
I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your service with us. If you wish to discuss your services, please do not hesitate to contact us. *Darian

1234Canberra

Customer service? Not from southern phone!

I am typing this while on hold for the third time today and a total of two hours over the last two days. I have yet to receive a single byte of data. The low prices are not worth the non-existent customer service.

Blinky