Specsavers Retail Stores

Specsavers Retail Stores

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stay away from Specsavers Berwick

Do not book at this store if you have a disability. There is no disabled parking anywhere near the store. Went to attend an appointment here only to find no disability parking. After driving around waiting for a park at the end of a row to become available so I could open my door fully, I was then confronted by a curb to get up to the store. By the time I made it to my appointment, I was late. I explained the situation but was told that I couldn't be seen, no compassion/concern, and I consequently had to go home. Firstly, who puts a medical type store in a place with poor disability access? People with disabilities deserve to have their eyes checked just like everyone else! Secondly, the lack of access is not listed on their website when you book. If I had known, I wouldn't have booked there or would have asked a carer to bring me.

Store LocationBerwick

Dismal customer service Kawana store

Not happy. At fitting time the assistant had no idea and was not in anyway helpful regarding the fit of my two pairs. Unfortunately I had chosen identical frames (my mistake)for my reading and distance glasses. She told me to put some sticky tape around one pair so that I could identify which was which -duh!!. Are they alright she asked - ok thank you goodbye. No carry bag or lens cleaner and no personality from the sales women. Have complained and let them know my feelings on the service but no one seems interested. Got your money now on to the next unsuspecting punter. Should have gone to OPSM and will next time. Alexander Walker.

Store LocationKawana

This was perfect can’t see without them

Visit specsavers for a quick adjustment on glasses, service was quick they found a problem with the frame and replaced it in 5 minutes under warranty, glasses were 2 years old, all with a smile Thankyou to the lovely assistant at Victoria point store

Store LocationVictoria point QLD

Really good experience at Sunbury Specsavers. Good specs, savings, service and SEE'ing

Hadn't been to a Specsavers but was previously going to an Eye Clarity. I saw a two-for-one deal at Specsavers that I wanted to follow up on as Eye Clarity (EC) didn't offer that and I had walked out of an EC earlier thinking that the specs I needed were just way too expensive i.e. tri-focals. Ultimately I really wanted to get both bi-focals AND tri-focals as well but the huge cost of one meant I had to choose between them. This is where Specsavers market power really kicked in. For the price of the tri-focals at EC I was able to get both sets instead and be issued with a "golden ticket" to come back with within 6 months and get my next purchase at 50% off. That will mean at least $300-$400.

But that's not the only reason why I chose to purchase. The store I went to was really well setup, smoothly operated and staffed by very nice people. This wouldn't happen everywhere but at the Sunbury store the girls stood out as being caring and dedicated to you and the task. There's a well defined hand-over process when you're there to investigate and ultimately commit to lenses and frames. Different people will take over each step of the process that leads from investigation, testing of eyes, fitting to face, requirements and purchase . In my case, this seemed professional and timely. I will go back with the golden ticket to get more product and test the process once more. At this stage it's hard to see why I would change out.

Store LocationSunbury

Wrongly fitted lenses. Not wanting to know about it after sale.

I do not like the Specsavers set-up, where you meet with one person who does the prelim check, than an optometrist, then a person who rushes you through a bamboozling range of frames and makes you feel overwhelmed but you have no choice but to make a choice now, then a person who measures up how the frames should sit on your face. Then you go back to get the frames, and deal with another 2 people. The entire process is sale focused. BUT - you see an optometrist, and their frames and lenses are cheap / affordable.
On my last visit, January 2019, I was not happy with the glasses when I picked them up. I make mention, and the guy said they can fix them. I put them aside, and he asked what I was doing. I said, "well, they need fixing." He quickly got defensive, and told me to try them a few weeks, and then they would change them if needed. I was really unhappy, but didn't want to go back. I moved interstate a very short time later, and the glasses were driving me bonkers, so I went to the local store. Turned out, they were poorly fitted. The sales assistant was quite taken aback at how badly fitted they were. She adjusted the frames, and I went on my way. I continued having problems. Eventually, ready to smash my glasses in frustration, I booked in with an optometrist in Hobart. He looked at my lenses, and what do you know? They are way off the setting they should be - by nearly half. No wonder I had been having issues.
I contacted Specsavers to ask when my last visit was, and they very promptly replied with a date that was 6 months prior, to the day. I emailed them again, and asked if given it was 6 months, would my glasses still be under warranty. I explained what had happened. Radio silence.

My advice - better go elsewhere. Yes, Specsavers are much cheaper, but you get what you pay for. In my case, I wasted $600.

Store LocationAlbert Street, Brisbane

Cash Grabber

Specsavers is nothing but a cash grabbing optical dispensary walk in walk out shop who do not perform a proper eye examination to determine correct vision.
On Friday 9th August I had an appointment for a eye examination. I was aware that I am in need of new glasses. I felt that the eye examination was rushed. Then after having chose 2 frames and paying over $700 that left me broke. Over the weekend I decided that I wanted to cancel/withdraw my order. So come Monday 12th August I returned to the store shortly after opening to ask to cancel the order and a full refund. They were not able to perform my request instantly as they said that once paid I will have to wait till the lenses are made up. But as it has been less then 2 days surely they can just cancel the order before it actually goes through.
I am now waiting for a phone call to hopefully get my refund sooner before the glasses are dispensed.
I do not recommend Specsavers for a Optometirst.

90 day scam

Had my eyes tested but they didn’t have frames I wanted on the day so I chose another set. They said if I didn’t like them I could come back and have them changed to the ones I originally wanted. When they were ready to collect, the lenses were spot on but I still didn’t like frames. The saleswoman said to give them a go so I took them home. After a week I still didn’t like them so I exercised my 90 day option to return my glasses. I ordered the lighter frame for the replacement pair, however when they were ready to collect and I put them on, I immediately knew the lenses were highly distorted. The saleswoman was very helpful, trying to fit and adjust the frame to see if there were any improvements. I agreed to take them - to give them a try to see if I could get used to them. I did some shopping but had to take them off because the distortion was too much. Went back about 1/2 hour later and had to explain myself to another saleswoman why I wanted the first pair back, stating that even though those frames were ugly the lenses were perfect. She refused to let me have them and said I had to speak with her manager who was out at lunch. When I came back to the store later on and met up with the store manager, she said she wanted to do some adjustments and fittings, and I told her it had already been done but to go ahead and do what she needed to do. That’s when she suddenly changed her manner and I was stunned by how rude and unprofessional she became. She accused me of having a bad attitude and that she “wouldn’t bother to fix this if you have that attitude” and she said this very loudly in the store. I was embarrassed and humiliated by her unpleasantness but insisted that the lenses were wrong in comparison with the first ones. It was an ordeal to get through the next hour with her as she made every attempt to re-align the frames to fix the lenses focus and kept asking if there was any improvement at all even the slightest? I got the feeling she was being pushy for me to agree with her. But no matter what adjustments she made the lenses were simply distorted and made my vision blurry and uncomfortable. She then went to her manager who promptly agreed to let me have the first pair back. With that also came a change in personality and an apology and explanation that she was angry because people don’t realise ”they don’t get any credits” for replacement glasses, and people have no idea “just how generous we really are”. How is their business model my problem ? And where do they get their customer service training ? And why did the second lenses come back so differently to the first ? I gladly accepted my glasses and left, though stunned by the whole horrid experience.

I don’t think I’ll go back there for my prescription sunglasses, computer glasses, and sewing glasses! There is a local independent optometrist that I will seriously consider next time. Good luck with their 90 day promise and hope you don’t get treated like I did.

Store LocationRichmond NSW

Helpful and friendly

The staff at Specsavers Rhodes were extremely helpful and friendly. They fixed my sunglasses promptly and without a charge even though they weren't purchased at their outlet. Very generous. I would definitely return and recommend to others.

Store LocationSpecsavers Rhodes

After sales rather pathetic

After spending nearly four hour dollars on two pairs of glasses.
Once they were ready to be picked up i did there was no offer to fit the glasses just put them into a bag and was told see you next time. I made adjustment to fit them at home . I know now in future to give spec savers a wide birth and would not recommend them to any one not even a blind dog

Store LocationMorayfield

Beyond Customer Service

I went to specsavers in Joondalup for the first time just because Good ahm sent me an email saying that they cover 100% of glasses from Specsavers. Although they were so busy, it didn't take long before seeing an optometrist. Specsavers service was better that what I was expecting. Technology, customer service and communication was more than excellent. I was amazed how nice and patient optometrist was. She took her time explaining everything in simple and plain English.

Danya was the staff member who ordered my glasses. She also explained things clearly, helped me choose a pair of sunnies and worked out a price that I was expecting. They have wide range of product and what I was looking for was easy to find. I met four staffs and they all represented themselves as professionals. I will be their customer again in future. Five stars for specsavers in Joondalup and I have recommended them to family and friends.

Store LocationJoondalup

Very very disappointed

My husband had an examination thIs week and was told he needed to see a specialist ASAP as he had a hole in the Macular. Just returned from the specialist to be told there is nothing wrong and the Macular is perfectly healthy. So after an expensive visit and a long drive we would never ever return to a Specsaver store again. We have heard that misdiagnosis is apparently very common with Specsavers.

Store LocationKaringal

Gave me two pairs of glasses I didn’t need

Made the mistake of having a test just because it was two years since my first pair.
No deterioration in my eyes but the gave me two pairs of glasses that are too strong anyway. Complained nothing thank you for stealing from me

Store LocationTuggerah

5 Incorrect, Impossible Prescriptions and Butchered My $300+ Glasses

Staff are wonderful, honestly really lovely and professional customer service. I've Bought 3 sets of frames and lenses from here, each time costing $300+ for multifocals. I've had eye tests here 5 times over years. Never once was given a correct prescription; I went to 2 other optometrists and my GP for eye related health problems who looked at all 5 of my Specsavers prescriptions over 5-8 year span and said "none of these make any sense. the numbers are in the wrong places, this is literally an impossible prescription". +'s and -'s in the wrong places, numbers so impossible they indicate blindness, blank spaces left in columns that are impossible to be left blank unless I don't have eyes. Still baffled as to why this has happened every. Single. Time. For. Years. To make matters worse, I bought a pair of plain black frames from Specsavers a few years ago, and a couple weeks later, the screw in one of the arms quickly came loose and the arm fell off. I brought them immediately back to the shop to see if they could simply put the screw back in and tighten it for me. They replaced the whole black arm I had handed them with a bright RED arm and said that they couldn't find a screw that fit (I had handed them the screw and the matching arm), and refused to give me my original black arm back, saying they had already attached them to someone ELSE'S broken glasses!! The new, ugly red arm was off-balanced and sat diagonally on my face, rendering these $300+ glasses I had literally bought weeks before unusable. I'm a uni student, I don't make enough on minimum wage to afford new frames every week because of what I hope is just incompetence and not a scam; shopping at Specsavers wasted money I don't have, completely butchered expensive, perfectly repairable glasses and jeopardised my eye health with years of incorrect, impossible prescriptions.

Store LocationGreensborough

You get what you pay for and a bit less!

I tried specsavers for two years but each time they gave poor vision with my laptop. Fine for reading up closer. A bit of a conveyor belt feel and little assistance with which glasses suit. I’ve gone back to my optometrist and love the service. Only $50 more and superior product, service and testing

Store LocationBenalla

Woe full Service

Shocking my wife had new glasses made after her eyes being tested when they arrived & were fitted could not see 1.5 Mtrs so blurry person who tested her said you need to wear them for a while to get used to them. My wife refused to accept this & the tester said well you gave us the prescription after he was the one that tested her eyesight in the First place. Then offered to get another pair but said if they were not satisfactory she would have to pay for another test & glasses. She is not completely happy with the second pair either. Never before have we had such service. Previously for years we have always had satisfaction on the first glasses from other companies in the same area. Will never return to Specsavers.

Store LocationArmadale

Atrocious behaviour of a staff member at Plumpton store.

Horrible display by a staff member before the store opened. As I was driving into Plumpton Marketplace to do my shopping for the day a staff member of your store was being dropped off at the main entrance. I had no problem with this but then she started to talk through the passenger window of the 4WD. I still waited. After a few minutes I beeped to get them to move on as they were blocking traffic and myself. She stood back from the car and flipped me the bird and swore at me. I find this behaviour disgusting and to do it while in uniform reflects badly on the company you work for. I tried to get the abusive woman's name when I went into the store but she didn't have a nametag on. She was an older lady with long dark brown hair and bangs and it happened at 9.50am on Sunday 14/7/19.
All of my family wear glasses and are in-need of new glasses but because of the deplorable actions of this woman (I can only imagine what her customer service is like) we will not be shopping at that store. Such a shame.

Brilliant experience

My experience with Specsavers was perfect, contradictory to many negative reviews which are most likely fake. I booked my appointment and the welcoming atmosphere was positive, with all tests running smoothly, and the optometrist giving me glasses suited really well to my eyesight. Overall really great experience, and I think people who write negative reviews about such an excellent service need to get their eyes checked again ;)

Hopeless!

Received reading glasses and sunglasses yesterday. Had to go back today as the glasses were too loose again! I feel the lenses are way too thick in reading glasses and I am unimpressed. I will be telling everyone not to bother going there. This store is at The Pines Elanora and I am very disappointed and minus $200 for second rate service. Glasses still too loose!!

Store LocationThe Pines Elanora Queensland

Slow service. I got My glasses to put polarise on it. So far it’s 3 weeks still not ready to pickup.

Standard service. Only the slow process of the order that takes so long. They should do better than this. 1-2 weeks is acceptable but longer than this it is unacceptable.

Store LocationSt Marys

Don't bother completing the online complaints form!

I've been using Specsavers for over 20 years without a problem so I've never had to make a complaint. Their current 50% off sale is designed to mislead and embarrass you into purchasing items not included in the sale. When I complained in the store, the assistant said the manager would talk to head office. Not believing this i went and completed their online complaints form (there's no other way to make contact). After 2 weeks of waiting I decided to talk via Facebook, firstly on the messenger service.

After a reply that read "Hi Kevin, thanks for providing us with the store. As promised we will follow this up on your behalf. Submitting your feedback this way ensures the issue is sent directly to the right people able to assist you." I waited, heard nothing.

I then posted directly on one of their advertisements and Ben replied again "Specsavers Australia Hi Kevin, Thanks for getting back in touch with us and we’re sorry to hear that you still haven’t heard from our team. But worry not – your feedback is important to us and I will follow this up with the store on your behalf. Thanks, Ben"

Two weeks on and still nothing.

I just went into the Burwood Westfield Specsavers store in Sydney to get my eyes tested and choose some frames frames today (12/05/2019) to be told that I must pay the full amount upfront in advance before they would place the order, normally I would pay for new glasses when took receipt of them and I find this very unusual. I have transacted with Specsavers, BUPA Optical and others before & this the first I have ever experienced this demand. My question to Specsavers is this your normal policy?

I recently visited a Specsavers branch in Parramatta. I was told I can not refund a pair of glasses at all despite having refunded a pair of glasses in 2017 at a different branch. I referred to your legal policies for Australia and it states: "Specsavers will offer to repair or replace the products or issue you with a full refund." Under the 'no worries, no fuss' satisfaction guarantee, wouldn't I still have the ability to return my glasses if I am not fully satisfied within the 3 month period?
I had no problem but try another store/branch or maybe the reason is different to mine. Mine just did not work well and they (Wollongong branch went to lots of trouble to find out what went wrong and fix it quickly and at no cost.I did not ask for a refund rather to get the problems solved.

Hi, I got my new single vision glasses a few days ago but i have trouble adapting to them. I was initially wearing multifocal lenses but switch to single lenses as i felt my long sightedness has improved. However it clearly hasnt, am i able to get my eyes re-tested to get a multifocal glasses with the same frame. also, will it cost me anything.
If you complain you may have your file closed, that’s how Specsavers dealt with my complaint.