STA Travel

STA Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (286) · No (491)
  • Ease of Booking

MiaCentral Queensland, QLD

SCAM!!

I booked a trip for August 2020, and because of Covid, was cancelled and stored in credit, but now theyre filing for insolvency!I have over $5000 stored in their company!!!!

Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour
Tristan Harris

Tristan HarrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no refund

horrible experience do not book with them. took my money and changed there policy so I couldn't receive a refund lost 4.5k from them do not book a trip with them

Booking TypeAccommodation, Flights, Insurance and Tour
sarah B.

sarah B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointed

No refund by STA despite STA receiving refund from airline

We have had the same experience. We were informed that Qatar had refunded the money and it was in the STA account and would be refunded into our bank account. This was more than a month ago and nothing has happened. Does anyone know what legal steps we need to take in situations like this ? If STA has already received money back from the airline then it should be given to the customer.

Booking TypeFlights

STA advised that they received my airline refund but have not passed it on to me

I booked travel with STA for September/October 2020, using Qatar airlines. I was advised on 20/7 that Qatar had refunded my flights "We've got the refund back from the airline so i can flick it back to you now". I provided my details then they then said it would take 30-60 days to get into my account. Then on 20 August I read that they are filing for insolvency. Now they don't reply to emails, they don't answer the phone and they have had my almost $5k sitting in their bank account since July. :-(

Chelsea T.

Chelsea T.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give less than one star if possible

Booking TypeFlights

So happy with the support and service

Our flight needed changing (more than once) and this was happily done for us with ease and patience. We always book with STA as so happy with their professionalism and service. Many thanks Jessica Andrikopolous

Clare H.

Clare H.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing service!

We had overseas flights booked for March/April 2020, when the world changed! STA travel have been amazing throughout all of our flight changes. They have been so easy, professional and honest in all of our dealings. We count ourselves very lucky and would highly recommend their services!!

Paula

PaulaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Empathic, efficient and understanding

My experience with STA and in particular Declan Barrie, Jessica Andrikopolous and Adam has been very good, particularly in light of the current Covid circumstances and restrictions, making things quite frustrating for me in another state.
I would like to thank them all as they have all been extremely understanding and helpful which has helped ease my concerns about getting a family member home to Australia. Fingers crossed it all does happen soon.

Robbed by STA!

On learning through the media that all flights would be cancelled, I emailed STA to request a refund on 17/3. As I had not received an acknowledgement, I emailed again on 19/3. I received a reply from (STA), offering a credit. I replied immediately to ask for a refund. they replied on 1/4th to repeat the offer. I replied immediately asking for a refund.
On 4th May I received an email from STA Travel Cares! to inform me that STA were reviewing details.

I would add that STA did not initiate any communication with me to inform me that flights were cancelled or to offer any explanation or assistance.
As I have already explained to STA staff, I will not be in a position to avail of a voucher in the future.
Avoid this company!!

Lee H.

Lee H.Perth, WA

This was very quick and reliable response

no, i did not encounter any additional fees, or rather unexpected fees.
i booked for a one way flight to Zambia and all my expectations were effectively and efficiently met.
it was not very difficult to adjust my booking schedule.

Covid 19 help

Even though I am currently waiting for a refund from Thai airways which is taking 12+ weeks, I would just like to thank Emma Devonshire and Victoria Manson. Emma helped me throughout the booking stages and Victoria is now helping with the refund. In these stressful times, quick responses and patience are very much appreciated.

I am disappointed that my flight was cancelled and I am waiting so many weeks for the refund however STA have been extremely supportive and Victoria is very good at her job!

Kind regards
Tabitha

Victoria Richardson

Every STA travel agent should strive to handle every interaction with as much empathy, attention and dedication as Victoria. She went above and beyond in helping me find a solution

Robbed

Paid for a holiday late last year for May 2020 paid over $10 thousand dollars Have not seen any money back . Communication has been very poor . Do not
Use STA travel . Run by kids with no clue

Good experience and service

Jesse was very helpful during the Initial booking process (and subsequently arranging a travel credit for us due to COVID) and always responded promptly to our inquiries. Would use STA Travel again.

Andrew C.

Andrew C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible Travel agent

I booked flights last September to fly in April 2020. My flights were cancelled by the airline, the airline assures me they have refunded the money but I still have not received any kind of refund from STA travel.

I would not recommend purchasing any service from this travel agent.

Laura

LauraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible customer support

Horrific customer support during covid. My airline refunded them in full for a canceled flight, which I was originally told would be passed onto me. Then they changed their mind 10 days later and said "the policy changed". And since then they won't respond to any emails. I've had to go through the ACCC and will probably need to take the matter to the small claims court. Never booking through them again.

Booking TypeFlights and Tour
kyle e

kyle eFrankston

Beyond dissatisfied

we booked our holiday for April, we weren't able to go due to covid. We haven't received our money back months later and they have been extremely difficult to deal with.

Booking TypeCruise and Flights

Terrible support during COVID

Little to zero support in dealing with my refund. Flight was cancelled back in March 20. Still waiting for my refund. They sold me flight insurance a week before my flight was cancelled knowing well that I can’t be refunded for my insurance and now they’re keeping my money for my trip that has been cancelled.

Booking TypeFlights and Insurance

Awesome service

Service was great!
Had to change trip to next year and the service provided made it super easy. Jesse was very knowledgeable of the policies for the flight companies, making the process fast and easy!