STA Travel

STA Travel

4.1 from 1,395 reviews

• Trip Completed Yes (275) · No (447)
  • Ease of Booking

Emi

EmiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away from buying the credit card

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights, Tour and Visa
Leni

LeniGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no service for large cost and risk

More expensive than online services, but they will answer your basic question if you visit them (forget about emails or calls) by "call the airline they will know" (luggage related questions)

Flight was cancelled, they failed to warm me about it and they refuse to refund me considering it as a "no show".

Dealing straight with the airline would had save me time and a large amount of money.

Josie Z.

Josie Z.Sydney, NSW

Refusing to refund

Refusing the refund cancellation as per term and conditions. Keeping the refund money from airline and tour group from customers despite already taking a large sum of cancellation fee. STA travel cares Doesn’t reply to email.

Booking Type Flights and Tour

Alison

AlisonSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service in difficult times

Booked with STA so I could lay-by my flight. Had paid off the full balance before all the travel bans started happening with COVID-19. Heard from STA straight away when I contacted them about what the options might be. They explained that I couldn't action anything yet because they had a big back-log. Once that was cleared, heard from Courtney from the Carousel store in WA. She was super helpful, explained everything clearly and helped me with my options. I now have a credit to use with STA which is really great considering everything else going on with travel restrictions etc. Couldn't have asked for better customer service.

Gold Coast

Gold Coast

Troy from Robina is an absolute legend

We booked with STA a year prior to our much anticipated trip. Family members also booked with STA and changed their flights so many times it would have tested the most patient of people. At all times Troy from Robina was patient, calm and tried to do the best he can in extremely trying times. Although I dont love the invoicing system, I thank Troy for doing his best to get my son and his partner home in the midst of the COVID panic and trusted that he would do best by us to ensure we recovered as much as possible. We will see how that plays out when we go to rebook but thank him for his patience, help and wonderful communication.

Jess

JessHunter Region, NSW

Awful

Flew all the way over to London 9th March to start my Contiki 13th March. 14 hours before my tour started Contiki cancelled and I paid about $500 to move my flight forward to go home. I was TOLD face to face by the European Operations Manager [name removed] and other Contiki crew we will be getting FULL refunds. Now I am home I have 0 answers and suddenly terms and conditions have changed. Etihad and Contiki HAVE refunded to STA and now they are not releasing it. And only offered 12 months credit!?! Ridiculous. A 2 month long holiday was not cheap now they are withholding every cent I paid. I have no option but to take it further to the ACCC. Would NOT book with STA again. Taking advantage of young people during this crisis.

M.Dog

M.DogSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely rubbish

Philippines airline is give full refund and you are taking advantage of people.
How can you live or stay in business?
I hope the worst thing happen to every one of you in charge

Booking Type Flights

Great service in this tough time

Spoke with JesseStobel regarding my and family’s booking he was really helpful in sorting the booking out for us specially given how tough time it is for everyone. He was very proactive and kept sending us the email with all the latest updates to keep us in loop and also providing us with an advise what can be done with the bookings.
To be honest that is what you look really in a travel agent who understands your issue and help you through it with his expertises.
Would definitely recommend STA travel to all the travellers. :)

Excellent service

Thank you!

Rachel from the STA Travel Caulfield Monash branch has been incredible over these challenging times. They have made my experience so much more comforting during these times. I can’t thank the entire team enough!

Sally E

Sally ECanberra 2600, ACT

Support to get home during Covid crisis

Coping with the COVID-19 credit/refunds

I'd like to specifically give positive feedback on my experience with Bella Moyle from the Chapel Street, Melbourne branch. She has been very supportive during uncertain times around travel during the COVID-19 epidemic. She has kept me in the loop with how things have progressed and been extremely, helpful, understanding and empathetic when helping me navigate with gaining credit for my flights.

Simone B.

Simone B.Western Australia

While I was away in India, We were finding it difficult to get in contact with Singapore airlines (which we expected). I was able to reach out to my contact at STA travel, who was willing to help me even though I hadn't booked this trip with them. Thanks Sam and the STA travel team, you have a customer for life!
Cheers:-)

Booking Type Flights

Happy to sell sell sell but disappear when there's a crisis

Refusing to honor a refund when flight was cancelled, after hounding me to up-sell everything from accommodation to car hire for days after initially booking the flight. In my experience, it would have been far easier to have booked directly through the airline.

Booking Type Flights

Quality service at a difficult time

Couldn't ask for better, or friendlier service at this stressful time. The team at STA were very quick to respond, and with all the information I needed. I was worried that having booked through an agent I would encounter additional cancellation fees, but STA were able to provide exactly what the airlines themselves were offering during this period of Covid-19 travel bans.

Kelly C

Kelly CPerth, WA

Thank you so much!

During the most difficult times amongst the covid-19 pandemic, the team at STA really put my mums mind at ease and helping to get her home safe! We received prompt updates and email responses to all our questions/changes. I can only imagine how busy you all are, with so many queries /changes but thank you so much ! Really appreciate the help!

Amber S

Amber SPerth, WA

I was working in the US in Orlando and was given 3.5 days notice that I had to leave the country due to the Covid-19 crisis. Courtney Coughlan did an incredible job and got me out and back home as soon as possible. All the flights had the perfect amount of wait time between them to sort myself. Courtney did an awesome job in a stressful situation and I was able to get home safe.
I would also like to thank STA Travel for their Flexi-flight option that allowed me to change my flights last minute without a super expensive cost. Thank you! I will never book flights again without the Flexi option

Zakk R.

Zakk R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They are withholding our $5000 and offering "credit" to help us during this crisis....

Booking Type Accommodation, Flights and Tour
Eliza K.

Eliza K.Sydney, NSW

ZERO RATE IF I COUD

I purchased a trip with STA (flights plus accommodation). Worse decision ever.

The contract stated that I have to pay the full amount one month prior to the trip. However they fully charged my credit card. After several attempts to get this sorted ASAP and no notification from STA. I contacted my card directly and they mentioned that STA did not try reach or issued anything.

I have cancelled my trip and Still to this date haven’t heard from STA and I will have to pay excessive interest rates on my card. Its been 1 month trying to resolve.

Booking Type Accommodation and Flights

Thank you so much!

Perfect service and a helping hand in this difficult times. They had a lot of time for us and figured everything out with us. We are really grateful for their help and patience and would recommend them at any time.