STA Travel

STA Travel

Listing monitored by STA Travel

• Trip Completed Yes (286) · No (492)
  • Ease of Booking

Mel D.
Mel D.Sydney, NSW

Is this agency a scam??

I have not been able to receive a refund and I was told it was credited and I no longer can contact my agent, no emails have been responded to in months. Not even from the agency itself. No one is answering the phone when I contact or returning my calls.

MiaCentral Queensland, QLD

SCAM!!

I booked a trip for August 2020, and because of Covid, was cancelled and stored in credit, but now theyre filing for insolvency!I have over $5000 stored in their company!!!!

Tristan Harris
Tristan HarrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

no refund

horrible experience do not book with them. took my money and changed there policy so I couldn't receive a refund lost 4.5k from them do not book a trip with them

sarah B.
sarah B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointed

No refund by STA despite STA receiving refund from airline

We have had the same experience. We were informed that Qatar had refunded the money and it was in the STA account and would be refunded into our bank account. This was more than a month ago and nothing has happened. Does anyone know what legal steps we need to take in situations like this ? If STA has already received money back from the airline then it should be given to the customer.

Trip Completed No
Booking TypeFlights

STA advised that they received my airline refund but have not passed it on to me

I booked travel with STA for September/October 2020, using Qatar airlines. I was advised on 20/7 that Qatar had refunded my flights "We've got the refund back from the airline so i can flick it back to you now". I provided my details then they then said it would take 30-60 days to get into my account. Then on 20 August I read that they are filing for insolvency. Now they don't reply to emails, they don't answer the phone and they have had my almost $5k sitting in their bank account since July. :-(

Chelsea T.
Chelsea T.South East Queensland, QLD

Would give less than one star if possible

So happy with the support and service

Our flight needed changing (more than once) and this was happily done for us with ease and patience. We always book with STA as so happy with their professionalism and service. Many thanks Jessica Andrikopolous

Clare H.
Clare H.South East Queensland, QLD

Amazing service!

We had overseas flights booked for March/April 2020, when the world changed! STA travel have been amazing throughout all of our flight changes. They have been so easy, professional and honest in all of our dealings. We count ourselves very lucky and would highly recommend their services!!

Paula
PaulaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Empathic, efficient and understanding

My experience with STA and in particular Declan Barrie, Jessica Andrikopolous and Adam has been very good, particularly in light of the current Covid circumstances and restrictions, making things quite frustrating for me in another state.
I would like to thank them all as they have all been extremely understanding and helpful which has helped ease my concerns about getting a family member home to Australia. Fingers crossed it all does happen soon.

Robbed by STA!

On learning through the media that all flights would be cancelled, I emailed STA to request a refund on 17/3. As I had not received an acknowledgement, I emailed again on 19/3. I received a reply from (STA), offering a credit. I replied immediately to ask for a refund. they replied on 1/4th to repeat the offer. I replied immediately asking for a refund.
On 4th May I received an email from STA Travel Cares! to inform me that STA were reviewing details.

I would add that STA did not initiate any communication with me to inform me that flights were cancelled or to offer any explanation or assistance.
As I have already explained to STA staff, I will not be in a position to avail of a voucher in the future.
Avoid this company!!

Lee H.
Lee H.Perth, WA

This was very quick and reliable response

no, i did not encounter any additional fees, or rather unexpected fees.
i booked for a one way flight to Zambia and all my expectations were effectively and efficiently met.
it was not very difficult to adjust my booking schedule.

Covid 19 help

Even though I am currently waiting for a refund from Thai airways which is taking 12+ weeks, I would just like to thank Emma Devonshire and Victoria Manson. Emma helped me throughout the booking stages and Victoria is now helping with the refund. In these stressful times, quick responses and patience are very much appreciated.

I am disappointed that my flight was cancelled and I am waiting so many weeks for the refund however STA have been extremely supportive and Victoria is very good at her job!

Kind regards
Tabitha

Victoria Richardson

Every STA travel agent should strive to handle every interaction with as much empathy, attention and dedication as Victoria. She went above and beyond in helping me find a solution

Robbed

Paid for a holiday late last year for May 2020 paid over $10 thousand dollars Have not seen any money back . Communication has been very poor . Do not
Use STA travel . Run by kids with no clue