• Build Stage
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

Jessica Buswell

Jessica BuswellMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such a great experience so far!

We are currently in pre construction and cannot highly recommend Statesman enough. The team at Statesman have been amazing and so accommodating even during this crazy period with COVID-19 and in addition to the release of the government grant. We are excited and cannot wait to see the finished product

Left with a noisy roof

- Initial service was great.
- Construction generally went well and overall we are quite happy with the house.
- Most disappointing aspect is the roofing. We had a Colorbond roof installed and really regret it. It makes loud banging noises whenever it encounters thermal expansion, especially in summer whenever the sun comes out. Statesman have placed this problem in the "too hard" category and have said they can't/won't do anything about it. Well now we are stuck with a noisy metal roof, and we can't replace it with tiles as the truss spacing only allows for Colorbond. This has been a huge dampener on what otherwise was a positive experience. I would caution against installing a metal roof with Statesman.

Construction End DateApril 2019
AshWatson

AshWatsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent Service

I am currently in post construction, my experience with Statesman was an interesting one, whilst dealing with some super friendly faces like Kim Nyugen (Sales consultant) , Naomi Cavallaro (Selections consultant) and Nick Preston (Site Supervisor) whom I cannot praise enough! All 3 of these people helped make the build fun and enjoyable to do. Special mention to Kim who has continually gone above and beyond for me. Thank you again for the incredible build!!

Construction End DateSeptember 2020

Shaun Salah

Shaun SalahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Above and beyond experience

We are currently in pre construction phase however Anthony Tovey our consultant from statesman homes has been AMAZING, from first meeting and every email in between he has been super helpful, fast acting and above and beyond to make our needs his priority, Even when we thought we couldn’t do something Anthony made it happen :) Our pricing so far is under budget which has allowed us to spend more on selections which anyone would be very happy with. Look no further Anthony is your man highly recommended him and building with statesman is the perfect choice we made. :)

Alyce

AlyceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent service provided by Anthony Tovey!!!!

adrian

adrianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor workmanship, no attention to detail, and full of excuses

• +13
Construction End DateJune 2020
Chloe

ChloeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Building with Statesman

Anthony from Seaside at Moana's Statesman Homes Display has been an absolute pleasure to work with.
He has been open to all enquiries and has been prompt with communication which has made the consultancy experience a pleasant one.
Anthony was able to assist with our home design requests and was a wealth of knowledge when we were unsure how we make things work within the design.
When we were between two minds on a few different designs, Anthony asked questions to help us narrow down our options and find our perfect fit.
We would definitely recommend building with Statesman Homes if you are still deciding which builder to sit down with and design your dream home.

Construction End DateJune 2021

Olivia

OliviaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can’t fault this pre-construction

We signed in December 2019 and have finally
finished the pre construction process, I cannot fault the work of Douglas Baddams, Katina Rennie and Emina Tetkic for pre construction. They all have provided professionalism, timeliness and care with our build & has made the process 10 times easier and less stressful for us as first time builders.

Felixstow alfreso

Felixstow alfresoEyre Peninsula, SA

Statesman homes substandard trades and nothing but trouble throughout build

Build StageMid-Construction

Pre-Construction done

Pre-construction stage has been completed. Roshan is a very good Sales Consultant, he is always very helpful. Louise was very good in pre-construction stage. Kathy is doing excellent job during construction phase.
The final cost of footings is a bit over with their estimated cost and we have high hope for credits back from footings actual cost. I will update here again after we move into our new house about the building quality and how long Statesman Homes took to build our house.

Customer Service T.Statesman Homes

Didn't think building could be this easy!

We are only in the pre-construction phase but so far this has been a lot less stressful than we were expecting. Statesman have guided us through building our first home with insight, care, and complete transparency. We wouldn't have it any other way and would recommend Statesman Homes to everyone.

Building with Statesman Homes

I have felt a bit lost in knowing what I need to do and when, with minimal guidance. An error by the salesman on my quote and my master plans has cost me money which I am not happy about . Pooja was fantastic in helping me with my selections and made it almost stress free. I would have liked more time to review the costs for upgrades at selection as there are some things I wouldn’t have gone with if I was able to give it more thought and not felt rushed.

Construction End DateMarch 2021

Daniel Mcmahon

Daniel McmahonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pre construction - recommend Maddison Schofield

Nicholas V.

Nicholas V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Statesman Homes have been super easy to deal with and really helpful

Whitney Goldsmith

Whitney GoldsmithSouth Australia

Pre-construction stage: very happy so far

As a first home buyer, I have found the process so far very helpful. My consultant Anthony Tovey has provided great advice to me and his attention to detail has made some of my decision-making a lot easier. He was also very approachable and someone who I know I can ask as many questions as I need to.

Jasmine C.

Jasmine C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Highly recommend Anthony Tovey from Statemans homes at Moana!!!

My partner and I are in the process of building with statesman homes.
In the beginning we were nervous about taking the next step but then we came across Anthony Tovey from Moana. Anthony has been extremely helpful and put both our minds at ease when it came to the 100 questions we both had. He also offered suggestions when it came to the design of the house as we were a bit unsure of what we really wanted. He really brought our dreams to life.
I would highly recommend Anthony as he is a fantastic guy and doesn’t beat around the bush. He is open and honest the whole way through your experience and he’s extremely prompt in replying to emails.

Shaun

ShaunSouth Australia

Highly recommend Anthony Tovey and Statesman Homes

We have taken the first step in our pre construction process. After visiting a number of other builders in our local area, we knew immediately we were going to build with Statesman Homes, after meeting Anthony Tovey located at Moana. Anthony was very helpful, honest, upfront and explained the entire process giving us the confidence to move forward with the purchase of our first home. Anthony also helped us secure the land, and put us in touch with a broker who has been amazing providing us with a clear direction to have the finance approved. We strongly recommend using Anthony Tovey and Statesman Homes.

Construction End DateJune 2021

This house is brilliant

This is build number 5 for us and we think it is the best from start to finish. All our contacts from our first meeting with our consultant were so helpful and friendly nothing was to hard all the trades were very good especially the Bricklayer, Painter and Tiler also our Supervisor was excellent and so helpful. Staff in the office were also very helpful, we would highly recommend Statesman Homes.

Construction End DateJune 2020

Cassie AdamuszekMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can’t fault anything about statesman homes!!!

I have been living in my new beautiful home for just over a year... Everyone I dealt with along the way were so helpful, but the main person that made the building process so easy was Lee Northam. I first met Lee when I was visiting display homes at St Clair. Lee was so wonderful, friendly, professional and helpful in every way in the designing stage of building my home. Lee is so patient and talented at his job and I am forever grateful to him. Thank you to the whole statesman team again for making my first dream home a reality.

Construction End DateSeptember 2018

Kim and Leonie

Kim and LeonieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

STATESMAN - FIRST

Chelsea

Chelseaasked

We don't understand why upgrade pricing can't be supplied alongside the selections booklet, or inside the selections centre. There appears to be a high level of secrecy around this pricing. Many other builders offer price guides for upgrades so that their customers can prepare for their selections appointments.
We did reach out to the Selections Team via email, but have yet to receive a response. When we called to follow up, we were informed that they are understaffed and may not be able to respond.
Wouldn't it be more effective and efficient to equip the customer with the information directly as opposed to creating more uneccesary work for your Selections Staff? An approximate indication of cost would be better than providing absolutely nothing. Expecting customers to complete their entire external, internal and electrical selections appointment in one single sitting is likely to result in mistakes or decisions made in haste. I understand why so many people get nasty surprises during this appointment given that they have such little opportunity to prepare.

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for your feedback and question.

Unfortunately we don’t’ have our upgrade pricing available as we love to work with our clients one-on-one to help find a solution for their needs and budget.

We’re sorry to hear we were a bit slow in responding to your email enquiry. We will make sure we get onto this sooner next time!

Feel free to come and visit us in our Design Studio where our dedicated selections team can assist you with any queries you may have. We encourage all of our clients to pop in and see us prior to their selections appointment as we agree there are lots of important decisions to make on the day.
Having a look at the selections range beforehand will help with making the best decisions on the day.

Kind regards,
The Statesman Homes Team

Anonymous

Anonymousasked

We've changed our mind on some selections and noticed a few that weren't correct on our final selections contract (we haven't signed off on yet). We emailed our design consultant but the only response we received was one that emitted annoyance towards us with no questions or anything in our previous emailed referred too in a helpful manner. I understand from a designers point of view it can be frustrating if people change their mind but surely if we are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a home we have a right to make sure we are 100% content with our choices regardless of that meaning some things will be changed?

Hi Anonymos,

I believe you can change your mind but it might cost you a change fee. If no answer comes you can ask for a manager phone/ email. A phone call can solve some doubts.
Good luck.

Riaz H.

Riaz H.asked

Hi is the quote for paving or concrete for the driveway usually mentioned in the original quote before you sign your contract or after you pay the deposit money

Bagger
Bagger

Hi Raiz, we didnt ask nor was it mentioned in the quote.
I suggest you ask for a price before you sign the contact.

Hi Riaz,

Unless you ask for driveway to be added into the contract, it won't be added. You better go to a good sales consultant and there shouldn't be any issues. Otherwise, can be difficult to predict.
A good consultant won't please you with the price initially. However, when you receive you footings report you will be pleased.
Whereas, a bad sales consultant will attract you with the best price that will be all underrated and when you see a real price you will be very angry and upset.
So, good luck.