• Job Satisfaction

Motor fell out of ceiling!

Customer service is atrocious! My garage door motor just fell out of ceiling due to poor installation. It wasn’t screwed into any ceiling beams and no ceiling plugs we’re used. They said it wasn’t covered by warranty as it was more than 12mnths old. It narrowly missed my son and dog and landed on my car due to it been installed wrong how is that anyone else’s fault but the company.

Job Satisfaction

WA company is poor. Had to have a 2nd company come in and fix the issues.

Steel-line installed a roller door and a sectional door.
The roller door was always difficult to open and the sectional door was slow and getting noisier. I requested Steel-line to come and do a service with a focus on the opening speed and noise of the sectional door and making the roller door easier to open.
No change in the sectional door and the roller door became hard to open within a week.
Steel-line did come out and sprayed some silicone.
Month later I had another company out who fixed the section door noise and and the roller door.
Asked steel-line for a refund twice , brush off first time and "put it to the manger 2nd time".

Job Satisfaction

Product good , very poor service

Quoted 2 to 3 weeks , after 4 weeks and half cost in deposit , they lost my order, then told me installation time and date , gave up morning work to stay home , they did not turn up , no phone call nothing, then they wanted full payment before completing job . Received doors at 5 weeks doors good , installers great . If I had my time again , no way would I deal with them

roslyn s.Sydney, NSW

Sight to behold.

Steel-Line...what can I say... recommended by my building inspector neighbour...The very professional friendly representative arrived on time, measured & gave an excellent quote for my garage doors. Their tradesman arrived at the appointed day and replaced my 2 garage doors, 1 damaged by me previously with speed & efficiency. A wonderful company to deal with in every way which I can highly recommend. The front of my house now looks quite impressive. Thank you Steel-Line.

Absolute Joke

Ordered Garage doors through Steel Line Mayfield, NSW. Were over 2 months late in delivery and did not return 1 of my 6 phone calls trying to find out when they were coming. On the day of install, some parts never turned up to make the doors operational. 3 weeks later and after numerous phone calls that have not been returned, I got hold of someone who said that install will be today. After staying home until Midday, I made a follow up call and was told somebody would call me back. After expressing my frustration, I was called back and blatantly lied to saying I had the install dates mixed up and it won't be until Thursday.
In summary, I would strongly recommend you purchase doors through somebody else.

Michael
Michael

Your poor and ill informed response pretty much sums up your customer service. Just more disappointment really but at this stage, I would expect nothing less. Well done.

Mary N.

Mary N.Far North Queensland, QLD

Happy customer

Very courteous and prompt response for a service on our garage door from the Cairns office. We will be using this company again in the future. Thank you very much.

Job Satisfaction

Very disappointed with the product and the response I got from the manager at Campbell Field

Tony Wilson

Tony WilsonHunter Region, NSW

Hassle free process from site inspection and quote to installation.

Estimator was punctual and professional, installation crew were also punctual and performed the installation in a tradesman like manner. Very happy with the whole experience. The door is very stylish and operates perfectly.

Review collected in partnership with Steel-Line Garage Doors

Worst service ever received

Left message to be called back to take particular of the job to be booked in, no phone call back, when booked in, the job was not done and not even working after the technician left when said it was working, had to come back, which ended up weeks later, even though request to fix their bodged up service work.
eventually fixed after constant calling, will never deal with Steel Line Garage Doors in Cairns ever again

Review collected in partnership with Steel-Line Garage Doors

Rob

RobSydney, NSW

Defective product and refusal to honour warranty

I purchased a garage door from Steel-Line less than two years. It started falling apart, so I contacted Steel-Line and sent them pictures of the defective parts of the garage door, and they said that the door would need to be replaced. I then informed them then that it was still under warranty, and they denied that they were obliged to honour the warranty, or do anything about the defective door. I actually had to sue them in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get any action out of them. They then said that they would refund me the money for the defective door if that would settle the case against them, but they have not actually refunded me the money as yet. Avoid using them.

H. Nguyen

H. NguyenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fast and prompt service

Steel line was fast in organising a replacement motor for my panel lift door. They were very competitive in price and when I told them they I needed it ASAP, I got one installed with very minimal wait time. The technician that was sent out was very quick when installing and knew exactly what he was doing. Definitely recommend using them.

Eril

ErilIllawarra, NSW

Love our new doors

We are very happy with our new doors. Starting with getting a quote Des was very knowledgeable and gave us the information that we needed and very helpful and friendly

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worse product ever!.

The motors I’ve brought keeps breaking down. You have sent a technician 4 times to replace the motor and yet it’s still having problems. After our warranty is over I’ll never be coming back to this company.

Cheap and fast!

I had a quote before steel-line. Instead of replacing everything, steal line tried to fix things. They even suggested me to go back to my motor company to get it fixed! Because it is much cheaper! When it turned out the problem was not from the motor, steel-line quickly solved my problem. I ended up spending much less then I expected! Thank you Mandy and Richard!

Larry S.

Larry S.Hunter Region, NSW

Good service and quality

The service/quality was very good. A great product would recommend Steel Line (Newcastle) to anybody. The process from the measure/quote through to the installation was easygoing with on problems, exactly what I agreed with.

Alicia

AliciaFar North Queensland, QLD

Really helpful

Rebecca from Steel Line in Cairns is always helpful and accommodating to the needs of tenants and agents, love popping into the office for a chat, well done and keep up the great work :)

Kit

KitSydney Surrounds, NSW

So Happy, doors are perfect!!

Incredibly happy with the service, installation was quick and no fuss and love the doors. They look great, very practical and convenient. The only issue I have now is that they show up the rest of the house and how much else needs to be done ;-)

Good honest service. Fast supply

The sales rep appeared honest and down to earth. The doors were supplied well before the estimated date. The warehouse people were helpful with loading the doors and had them ready to be loaded when I arrived

Job Satisfaction

Business must be great if you can ignore new customers

Obviously this company is doing so well it can afford to ignore potential customers who contact them repeatedly to get a quote. First it was someone will contact you next business day. Then it was someone will contact you soon. After that they didn't bother to respond. If getting a quote is so difficult I can only imagine how bad getting a door supplied and installed would be.

Gone elsewhere
Gone elsewhere

Craig

CraigMelbourne

New replacement panel

Just had a panel fitted to replace a dented section on our garage door. Positive experience through the process with great customer service from Mandy. Very happy with the result.

Guyasked

Our Steel-line door model ST50EVOB1 has stopped opening. Other problems include not travelling more than 12 inches in either direction before stopping. Constantly pressing the remotes or the manual button moves the door but the reprogramming does not work when the reprogramming instructions are followed and the door is in this faulty on-off mode. Now the door is in the closed position and when opening the door using the button on the motor, it just opens 6 inches and closes. I have deleted the code on the remote handset and the inside remote panel. That is where I'm at with this frustrating exercise. All hinges and the main spring have been sprayed with good quality silicone.

roslyn s.

My 2 steel line doors were installed September last year. They are a different model to yours apparently which are cfg-00301125 which cost $632 each. They are so far working perfectly with my Merlin opener but I notice there is a label attached which says " do not lubricate tracks". So far so good for me but I do hope your problem is eventually resolved if all else fails you could take your issue to the ombudsman. I had a similar problem like yours with my previous B & D roller door. Hope I have helped. Best wishes. Roslyn.

Guy

Thanks Roslyn, i didnt lubricate the tracks as they are rubber. Cheers

Luigi S.

Luigi S.asked

I have a door in Sydney with the ST50EVOB1 installed. The opening/closing command of the remote control works perfectly. The wall push button has suddenly stopped working. What could be the problem? Please note: 1) external wiring and push button are ok; 2) even making a direct connection (between the two (of 4 green) electrical terminals where the 2 wires from the push button are connected) the system doesn't work. The two small microswitch shown with "+" and "-" work well (+ as "open/stop" and - as "closing/stop"). Please answer me at : [details removed] (Simonetta)

roslyn s.

Hi. At the recommendation of my neighbour a well respected building inspector I used Steel line for my garage doors back in September. I have only used my remote to open the door which apparently work perfect like yours. In terms of the problems you are having they seem to be of an electrical nature which so far mine does not have. I assume you have been in contact with steel line to check your system but if all else fails perhaps an independent electrician may be consulted for his input or as a last resort the ombudsman. Hope this helps. Regards Rossie.

Malcolm S

Malcolm Sasked

Roller door keeps sticking from time to time wont go up using remote but if you give the door when it sticks a light push holding remote button down it will go up . Any ideas?
Macolm

Richard P
Richard P

the door needs spring tension get it serviced

Get an answer from our members and Steel-Line Garage Doors representatives