Steel-Line Garage Doors

Steel-Line Garage Doors

Happy customer

Very courteous and prompt response for a service on our garage door from the Cairns office. We will be using this company again in the future. Thank you very much.

Job Satisfaction

Very disappointed with the product and the response I got from the manager at Campbell Field

I purchased a door opener BOL4 on 20/06/19 and had my own technician to fit the opener BOL4. When he assembled the poll to the motor he told me that it is not straight that it was bent like a banana I called the manager at Campbell Field the next day and explain my situation she didn’t care or have a nice thing to say just offered her apology she told me that they don’t make the parts and it’s nothing to do with them, so I said you don’t care about quality control and she said we don’t see the product and don’t make it. I explained that I could not make it to Campbell Field today to exchange it for another poll could you please send me a new poll today as I’m not in the area and would not make it there by closing time she actually said I don’t care if you can’t make it we don’t send any parts out to customers.
Thanks for not helping me just take my money and don’t care about your customers.
I should have bought the same opener and it was $40 cheaper in Echuca from e-Garage doors. But silly me wanting to support local businesses.

Dear Sam, thank you for your feedback which is disappointing to hear. Whilst there are two sides to every story and and as stated we do not manufacture the product ourselves, our offer of a full refund or replacement on return of the faulty product remains valid should you wish to choose that option. Many thanks.

Hassle free process from site inspection and quote to installation.

Estimator was punctual and professional, installation crew were also punctual and performed the installation in a tradesman like manner. Very happy with the whole experience. The door is very stylish and operates perfectly.

Worst service ever received

Left message to be called back to take particular of the job to be booked in, no phone call back, when booked in, the job was not done and not even working after the technician left when said it was working, had to come back, which ended up weeks later, even though request to fix their bodged up service work.
eventually fixed after constant calling, will never deal with Steel Line Garage Doors in Cairns ever again

Job Satisfaction

Defective product and refusal to honour warranty

I purchased a garage door from Steel-Line less than two years. It started falling apart, so I contacted Steel-Line and sent them pictures of the defective parts of the garage door, and they said that the door would need to be replaced. I then informed them then that it was still under warranty, and they denied that they were obliged to honour the warranty, or do anything about the defective door. I actually had to sue them in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal to get any action out of them. They then said that they would refund me the money for the defective door if that would settle the case against them, but they have not actually refunded me the money as yet. Avoid using them.

Fast and prompt service

Steel line was fast in organising a replacement motor for my panel lift door. They were very competitive in price and when I told them they I needed it ASAP, I got one installed with very minimal wait time. The technician that was sent out was very quick when installing and knew exactly what he was doing. Definitely recommend using them.

Love our new doors

We are very happy with our new doors. Starting with getting a quote Des was very knowledgeable and gave us the information that we needed and very helpful and friendly

Worse product ever!.

The motors I’ve brought keeps breaking down. You have sent a technician 4 times to replace the motor and yet it’s still having problems. After our warranty is over I’ll never be coming back to this company.

Cheap and fast!

I had a quote before steel-line. Instead of replacing everything, steal line tried to fix things. They even suggested me to go back to my motor company to get it fixed! Because it is much cheaper! When it turned out the problem was not from the motor, steel-line quickly solved my problem. I ended up spending much less then I expected! Thank you Mandy and Richard!

Good service and quality

The service/quality was very good. A great product would recommend Steel Line (Newcastle) to anybody. The process from the measure/quote through to the installation was easygoing with on problems, exactly what I agreed with.

Really helpful

Rebecca from Steel Line in Cairns is always helpful and accommodating to the needs of tenants and agents, love popping into the office for a chat, well done and keep up the great work :)

Job Satisfaction

So Happy, doors are perfect!!

Incredibly happy with the service, installation was quick and no fuss and love the doors. They look great, very practical and convenient. The only issue I have now is that they show up the rest of the house and how much else needs to be done ;-)

Good honest service. Fast supply

The sales rep appeared honest and down to earth. The doors were supplied well before the estimated date. The warehouse people were helpful with loading the doors and had them ready to be loaded when I arrived

Job Satisfaction

Business must be great if you can ignore new customers

Obviously this company is doing so well it can afford to ignore potential customers who contact them repeatedly to get a quote. First it was someone will contact you next business day. Then it was someone will contact you soon. After that they didn't bother to respond. If getting a quote is so difficult I can only imagine how bad getting a door supplied and installed would be.

I am sorry that this has been your experience with us. It is very disappointing that you have not had the customer service that all of our customers deserve and that we expect all our branches to provide. We did come back from our Christmas shut down with a very heavy back log of work - but every potential customer is important to us. Your feedback will be passed on to ensure in future that people such as yourself are provided with realistic time frames to avoid disappointment. Kind Regards Wendy Contact Centre ManagerSimple advice: if you say something will happen, it should happen. Lies from a business does not enhance its image. High workload means nothing. It only takes a few minutes to make contact. Clearly, if you can't make contact for weeks, I'm better off going elsewhere because it would be months before I would get a door from you.

New replacement panel

Just had a panel fitted to replace a dented section on our garage door. Positive experience through the process with great customer service from Mandy. Very happy with the result.

Hi Craig Thank you so much for taking the time to offer the above feedback, it is appreciated. We will pass on your comments to the Branch and Mandy in particular. Thanks again! Sandra Contact Centre

Thieves

Over the top charge just to come and have a look. Then charged more to do the job than the quote. STAY AWAY!!

Hello We are sorry that you feel this way, and from our understanding there was some confusion on your part understanding the quoted price from our Product Consultant. This was clarified with your wife who indicated that she completely understood and agreed with the charges. Steel-Line ManagementUh, NO. Again you lie. My wife said to you she did not agree but just to get rid of you paid the extra, never before mentioned charges because I wanted to take you to court. There was a quoted price. "Should you wish to proceed with the new motor for your roller door we can arrange to do so and reduce the cost by the call out fee amount ($525.00 less $125.00= $390.00)." It seemed pretty clear to me. NOWHERE was their mention of any other charges before we gave you the go ahead, Only after the motor was installed do we get an invoice for $525. You didn't provide any details or prices on the invoice for the what the charges are for. Simply a total at the bottom of the invoice, which goes against all good business practice and is also probably illegal. Should be called STEAL LINE

Good service overall

Good service overall, except their technician went back and forth on the prices. I told him to give me a quote for motorized roller door, but he claimed he forgot to add remotes and motor to the first quote and added $500.

Hi Boyin Thank you for the feedback. All comments are passed onto the relevant branch, and are used as tools for training to provide the best possible customer service we can. Regards Steel-Line Management

Paint worn off new door

Had a new roller door installed by steel line, the door was making excessive noise. Had steel line come out four times to fix the problem on the fourth time they had found two clamps that had broken, and that was what was causing the noise and ware that has removed a lot of paint down to bear metal on the back and front of door.
Have asked steel line to replace the door as there is excusive wear and a lot of paint missing on the brand new door, had no reply for over a week. Finally I had the Brisbane manager call, his solution was to buy a tin of spray paint and spay the areas that has paint missing (The whole door will need to be painted). I think this is a absolute disgrace and unprofessional way to treat a customer, Steel line installed the door wrong and could not fix it properly and now are trying to bodge it up. It looks like we have to take Steel line to he office of fair trading to try and have the door replaced. All we want is a new door that we paid for. I would not recommend steel line to anyone, I would avoid steel line at all cost, dodgy operator.

Reading these reviews I am not going to call you to fix my Steel-line door.

Disappointing reviews have stopped me sending you my request to repair your Steel-Line automatic door opener and door rollers. I will get someone else to do it.

Bad service is something I just can not risk. Kind Regards, Hugh

Hello Hugh It's unfortunate we didn't get the opportunity to provide service as required. As you would know, it's a well known fact that people are quick to report bad service, and unfortunately it's not the same for fantastic customer service. Any negative feedback received is taken on board for continuing improvement. Kind Regards Contact Centre ManagerThanks, I know what you mean. Anyway, I have a nice new B&D door opener installed now. They came the next day and did a brilliant job. Even replaced a broken hinge on your panel lift door for me free of charge. Some positive feedback for you about your steel-line panel lift doors. So far the two we have, have lasted 18 years and still look good. they are each 5.5 m wide so quite large. Bit rattly but still doing the job very well. And they still look great. This says you have good products in my view.Thank you Hugh, we appreciate the feedback.

Very bad customer service

I booked a service job just 2 years old garage door and some one from office says that he noted and pass it into the relevant support agent. After 2 weeks I called them again and ask about the update and they didn't even pass the details to the nearest agent. Then I got a call from agent says that they need a another week or two to come down. Because of the builder (Rowden Hills they said that they are not responsible) install the door we are not getting any discount for the relatively new door and we need to pay $165 for call out + $50 for travelling + Parts + don't no what else. Be aware this...

Hello Sam Thank you for your feedback. It is very disappointing to hear that you have had a less than satisfactory experience with us. We would like very much like to assist you and look into this. We have been unable to locate an order through Rawdon Hill Builder, can you could please send your contact details to sales@steel-line.com.au, we would like to investigate. Can you also please advise which of our Branches you have been in contact with? Regards SandraThanks for trying. I changed the Motor with a better one. Because someone from nearest office said that, it will cost me $165+50+550 for replacing the motor and another company did that just for $600 with 5Y warranty.