ALDI Stirling Designer Collection Espresso Machine (2014-2019)

ALDI Stirling Designer Collection Espresso Machine (2014-2019)

MPNs: 58170, 63638, STR-ESPM and TK-1818R2A

Ray T

Ray TRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Ours lasted 8 months.

Julian

Julian

Attracted by the 3years warranty but not great

I was seduced by the 3years warranty expecting higher quality of the product.
    The first disappointment is the shots are to be controlled manually.
    I have only used the steaming once.
    The second is the amount of water flowing directly in water collector that gets full after making 3coffees.
    On the positive coffees taste good.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Steam button doesn't work

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this. Makes coffee just fine, but oh, the PROBLEMS when trying to heat and froth milk. First, the steam/hot water button doesn't work - won't stay down so you can't get steam unless you hold it down. And it's doing something whacky with the heating. Machine heats up, heating light turns off. Great. Makes coffee. Great. Try and steam milk - heating light comes back on again, and steamer works for maybe a few seconds then stops. Mostly what I end up getting is think milk because it is pumping water into it and not much steam. This is going back to Aldi after two uses. This is not user error, either, I have used many other machines in the past and am well used to the process.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Leaks like a sieve!

I don't use it very often probably a couple of times a week. Its dripping water through the group head as others have said. I rang the helpline to order a gasket, but according to the callcentre they don't know if they have any and they will put my request through to a 'higher authority' and call me back in a few days. Not sure why they wouldn't stock a consumable item like that. Looks like it will probably end up in the bin.

Fedup

FedupPottsville

Absolute Disaster

Have issues from day one....coffee taste was not good, so mostly use my capsular machine for coffee, and the Sterling for frothing milk....
    It worked ok for a short while, and is cleaned after each use, but it now leaks water, and doesn’t froth the milk only streams boiling water spluttering everywhere and diluting the milk, it is basically not workable..
    The function dial is extremely hard to turn and is getting worse each day, definitely not something one could use with rheumatic problems
    I love my Aldi sterling sewing machine and overlocker, but the coffee machine is another story !!! very very disappointing, have had to go back to my 8 year old Breville

Striling Coffee disaster

Bought the Stirling at Aldi initially it work well. It started leaking water after about 4 months. We followed the cleaning guidelines yet the leaking still continued and became worst. We have stopped using the machine. We not sure if it is worthwhile to approach Aldi about this faulty coffee machine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Philip

PhilipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's a Dud

Purchased Jan 18. Returned Aug 18 to Tempo Australia due to leaking clear water from front of group head. Just not good enough quality in this day and age. Dissappointing given the machine externally was of very good material quality, and whilst it worked produced great coffee. Nonetheless, I was given a full refund by Tempo Aust.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sergai

Sergai

Stirling by name but poor quality

I have had mine for 1 year, in the last couple of weeks it began to leak,at first a few drops,now its leaking alot around the group head. I have also experienced the function dial being very stiff especially when changing from frothing milk to brewing coffee.It does brew the coffee well though.Extremely diasppointed,I guess you get what you pay for.I think Aldi should announce a recall on this product...

To good to be true

I purchased this as I love my coffee have been making coffees everyday and only had it 3 months, now has decided to just keep heating up and spewing water through the trip tray and won’t stop even when the dial is not engaged. Same with the frother it just keeps squirting water out. Unfortunately I’m gonna have to pay for a better quality and lucky Aldi have a 3 year warranty on it so will get my money back.

Doug

DougGriffith

great coffee on a budget

I got this on clearance for $100. Two of us used it daily for 2 months. We have just started using it again. So far we haven't had any issues. It makes a great coffee. More work than a pod machine but worth the hassle. I did find that I had to remove the optional attachment on the milk frother to be able to heat the milk enough before it frothed to much

I'm gutted!

I'm gutted! Bought this machine in April and I have LOVED it! Easy to clean etc. But dammit.... the little blighter just threw a hissy fit and won't switch off with the front dial. Spewing water all over my kitchen bench as the reservoir just leaked until empty.
    I'm packaging it up now and will be off to Aldi first thing in the morning.
    Do not buy this machine!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

So many design faults, then it broke

John

JohnHervey Bay

Good Coffee for 3 month only

We thought we had found the prefect Espresso machine, but the pump system failed after 3 month... God the money back but No coffee anymore.This seems to be a problem with all small espresso machines, So Aldi is no better than Sunbeam. Back to the drawing board to find the perfect Expresso machine.

Loz

Loz

Not working within 6 months

I purchased this machine approx 6 months ago and was very excited as I love Aldi. I keep the machine clean and in great condition the knob started getting very stiff & hard to turn, water started to leak for a few months now and I turned the machine on today and water just poured out everywhere & now not working at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great machine

Easy to use and clean. Taste will depend on the coffee you use. Just be aware that large coffee mugs will not fir under where the coffee comes out. Otherwise a great machine for the price. I bought this machine after seeing my daughters. I had one of the pod machines from Aldi and hardly used it, this one I use every day.

Micky5

Micky5Melbourne

Make Reasonable Coffees

This is the second coffee machine I have owned apart from various stovetop ones and I think it does an OK job. Its not quite as good as I had hoped for but it will do. The extractions I get are not bad - could have more crema but I think I would need a machine capable of producing more steam pressure for that. The steam wand works but just. First some water comes out, then you wait a bit and you get steam. It looks quite decent in the kitchen and is easy to use. I dont think I would buy the same one again but it does work as promised.

Turbine3

Turbine3Melbourne

Makes Decent Lattes

Makes a decent latte. It has an inbuilt steam wand which takes a bit of learning but once you get the hang of it you can get really nicely thickened milk and do great Lattes. The extraction of the coffee works well, its a little noisy but the results are OK. I wont say the best I have seen but pretty decent. I see a few people have had issues but I am not bothered as Aldo have a long guarantee period.

SablenipGwandalan NSW

Aldi Coffee Machine TK- 1818R2A

Coffee was fine, milk frother worked well..
    But the machine failed in less than 6 months, would not respond to the brew/steam switch at all, sometimes, at other times the switch would not turn off the pump, causing water to flood the bench.
    Warranty is 3 years, but Tempo have so far failed to supply the return postage stickers that they claimed would be e-mailed in 24 hours. Been waiting two weeks for the stickers and two days for a reply to my follow up e-mail.
    Warranty claim procedure is not reliable.

Sablenip

Pleased to report my refund was deposited to my account (unannounced) without any fuss after Tempo mailed the e-parcel labels.

Water Flowing Out Of Tank

I’ve had this machine for around 2 or 3 weeks now, and was so far very happy with it. However, I went to use it today and when I turned it on to heat, all the water from the full tank flowed out into the bottom tray, all in about 30 seconds. I refilled and repeated after emptying and reattaching numerous times, yet it continued to do it every time the machine was turned on. Has anyone else experienced this, or knows what could be wrong?
    Before today, I had been quite impressed, considering the price and that it was from Aldi. My expectations weren’t high, but having it break after only a few weeks is a bit disappointing.

JenJen

JenJenGold coast Queensland

Ohhh noooo you need tiny cups to fit under

Seemed to be ok, but none of my cups fit under !!! Grrr.
    Used zarraffa coffee . I did have a small glass . Machine worked ok and coffee tasted fine. But quite annoying I have to go buy small cups. We like a mugs of coffee
    Seems easy to use and clean . So far.