Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre

Stirling (Aldi) Portable Fridge/Freezer 40 Litre

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible value for momey

Purchased April 2017 and stored it in my shed powered off. First and second camping trips it worked fine although the current draw was a little high. Third trip plugged it into the power and the display started flashing, the motor did not come on or the light. Very disappointed/.

Purchased at ALDI for $499.00.

DebbySydney, NSW

Was great for 4 years! Now Er1 showing and not working

We purchased this camping fridge from Aldi about 4 years ago- we'd seen too many Engels get stolen in camping grounds and felt it was safer to have a less expensive model!
It was a great fridge for about 4 years but has suddenly started reading Er1 and not working. Would I buy one again- probably not. It cost about $450 but really to be used for less than 6 weeks a year it should have lasted longer.

Purchased in October 2015 for $450.00.

Anthony

AnthonySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Bargain!

Was wandering through Aldi to pick up some milk and bread...low and behold there’s a 12v fridge on sale for $250, shut up and take my money!
Great for the shed and occasionally out bush, but let’s be realistic, it’s not an Engel, Waeco or Evakool and a weekend warrior fridge.
Very happy with the purchase and sold my old Waeco with this replacement.

Purchased in February 2018 at ALDI for $250.00.

ChrisSydney, NSW

Good Fridge, Short Life, Poor Warranty Period, Not Good Value for $500.

Purchased 09/2015, not used until 12/15, worked great permanently in my 4x4 with extra battery and solar, warranty period expired, then the dreaded E1 code appeared, changed plug to Anderson socket, better for a while, then it wouldnt get below +2 when set at -3, progressively got worse, put it on mains power and it actually went to +9 while still set at -3, contacted after sales service in booklet, no response and no reply, contacted Aldi and was directed to a local authorised repairer who was very helpful, Fridge has internal gas leak = not repairable. Contacted Aldi again, Sorry out of warranty we cant help. $500 for 3 Years, Not Good Value in my Opinion.

Purchased in September 2015 at ALDI for $499.00.

Eugene

Eugene

No problems

I bought this fridge couple of years ago. Used it on several trips, and so far quite happy with it. Works well, drops the temperature fairly quickly. In retrospect it is a little too small for my purposes (hunting), but there is nothing wrong with it so far.

Purchased in July 2017 at ALDI.

Bug

BugSouth East Queensland, QLD

Going Great So Far...

I purchased the 40L fridge in September of 2016 pre-Fraser island trip. It was great for the 5 days on Fraser and many camping trips after as well. It lives in the 4WD most of the time (but not powered) when needed I put it on 240v to chill it and it gets down to 2c in about 30 minutes.
Just came back from a weekend up at Teewah and the temps were in the 30's, the fridge was fine at 2c and keep the essentials good and cold.
At $400-500 the fridge represents good value and I may buy another when this one craps out. Wait and see I guess, as $500 for 5 years is near the cost of the "reliable" brands that you may not get 10 years out of anyway IMHO.

Purchased in September 2016 at ALDI for $499.00.

Col

ColHunter Region, NSW

Adventureridge 41l Fridge Freezer

I purchased the latest Nov 2018 offering from Aldi for my 6.5m Trailer Yacht. After a week of frustration getting constant E1 and E2 errors I decided to do as the install manual said...connect directly to the battery. After doing this the unit is working perfectly. The mistake i made was to connect via the 12v smart control panel in the boat. I surmise that the fridge control chip and the boat panel were incompatable hence the problems i saw.

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for $499.00.

Not good

Use as a camping fridge with our 4 WD. Works on DC but on battery, the Stirling fridge doesn't hold the temp for very long at all with a full battery, better off with an Eski. Sorry, but true. Doesn't seem to work at all well on camping trips away from electricity, within hours doing its own thing, even when set on Lo and 3 degrees C. I have really tried to get the thing working/ talked to people and now gone on the net. We are in the process of taking it back, have 2 year warranty. We don't want it fixed, as will not last.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jayp

JaypSydney

efficient cooler

Have used it on an off for the last year and it works really well, both via power AC and car DC connection. Mostly used it as a refrigerator and not freezer. Decent space. On empty it takes about 1.5 hours to get below 0 degrees, recommended that you pack the unit with your cold goods and cool over-night before you travel the next day with your foods/drinks.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Returned mine yesterday very disappointed

Wasn’t keeping food cold had to put it on -3 to get a little bit of coldness and even then temperature was fluctuating very disappointed I love the door How it open both ends and take it completely off. I think I bought the lemon one.
I asked Aldi if they had any other returns and they did but others haven’t come back so I picked the wrong box

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Freddy Farbuckle

Freddy FarbuckleSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Dud

Bailed up after 6 trips & 3 years use. Agent fixed it up with non genuine parts as no makers parts available, though he told me the fridge wouldn't be able to be repaired again. Waster of my time & money. Should have known better than to buy from Aldi.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

KeystoneVisa

KeystoneVisaSydney

Have used twice on camping trips

The works well. We have it set up on a deep cycle battery when camping and has worked wonderfully. No issues. The range of the thermostat appears to go from 1C to 6C but put a digital thermometer inside and stays pretty consistent around 4C which is what I am aiming at.

Would recommend as a it is at the lower end of pricing and works as well as the upper priced end of town.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Lemon

Very dissapointed in my stirling, used 3 times fof 3 day campimg trips and it wont hold the temp got up to25 degrees had it fixed got the new house battery tested and now used it again for Easter, n doing the same thing am sick of throwing food away !! Am getting my money back

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Danni N

Danni NMelbourne

Great for camping

This 40litre portable fridge freezer is amazing. I can store meats other foods and drinks at the same time and keep it’s cool for a very long time. Food does not go off as it’s quite durable sturdy as well as easy to transport anywhere. We always take this with us to camp and picnic and can definitely relay on this product. Well worth it.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Very dependable

It has the same German compressor as many other brands. Very dependable. We have just used it for 8 weeks non-stop around the continent, and had no problems whatsoever. We've owned it for 2-3 years now. Good value for money. To the person who gave it 1-star because they lost their powercord. It is not Aldi Stirling's fault you lost it! Just go to your local electronics or camping store and buy a new one. It is just a standard portable fridge powercord!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Back up support ???

Arthur campos

Arthur camposSydney

what a great deal.

Very good product, the accessories and fridge cover are top quality, plus it is half the price of others, and sorry to say that, the quality of Stirling is lot more superior . But I just bought the last one in the store, good luck for you to find one in aldi .

Jeffrey S

Jeffrey SAU

Goooooood ;)

The Stirling (Aldi) portable Fridge/Freezer 40 litre is one of the best portable storage ever! The Stirling (Aldi) portable Fridge/Freezer 40 litre is very light itself and somewhat lighter to carry than holding the items i put in the Stirling (Aldi) portable Fridge/Freezer 40 litre. Overall, The Stirling (Aldi) portable Fridge/Freezer 40 litre is a great portable and i reccomend buying it!

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Capt Al

Capt Al

i am happy with my stirling..installed on my yacht ..now about to buy a second one..Alan A

it has replaced my engel on the yacht ..now i will have one as freezer and one as fridge.beats buying a bag of ice every weekend.wired up to the four gel batteries and charged by four solar panels and a wind generator...also can adapt to a sinewave 240 volt generator..

Date PurchasedMay 2017